CRM Outlook should keep original date of email in CRM.

When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original date of
the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by design
that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but the
original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.  Why?
If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date of
the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.  Dates
are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent and
received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a court of
law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
diligence.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Thanks for your suggestion.  We will consider correcting this issue in a
future service pack or release.  An issue has been entered into our tracking
data base.

--
Jason

"165Girl" <165Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original date
> of
> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by
> design
> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but
> the
> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.  Why?
> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date
> of
> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.
> Dates
> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent
> and
> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a court
> of
> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
> diligence.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Jason
3/31/2006 10:53:25 PM
I discovered this issue a couple of days ago during a CRM imlementation
meeting. I was showing my managers how to anyone in the company can see what
was done for a particular account by other users. While displaying the
activities page, I noticed in horror that Received Date was not possible to
see. It was a major embarrassment for me. If it is impossible to track your
email activities in a multi-user environment which negates, the whole idea of
CRM. I believe it is a huge gap in the CRM functionality. No matter how
difficult this will be, it should be fixed ASAP. Microsoft CRM team has had
so many even more challenging tasks, and I just know they will find a
solution soon. My 2 cents worth would be to add 'Email Recieved' and 'Email
Sent' fields in addition to 'Start Date'.

"165Girl" wrote:

> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original date of
> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by design
> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but the
> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.  Why?
> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date of
> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.  Dates
> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent and
> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a court of
> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
> diligence.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm
I absolutely agree. This is a major issue and should be fixed fast.

"165Girl" wrote:

> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original date of
> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by design
> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but the
> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.  Why?
> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date of
> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.  Dates
> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent and
> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a court of
> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
> diligence.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Thanks for your suggestion.  We will consider this issue in a future service
pack or release.  An Issue has been entered in our tracking data base.

--
Jason

>I absolutely agree. This is a major issue and should be fixed fast.
>
> "165Girl" wrote:
>
>> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original
>> date of
>> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by
>> design
>> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but
>> the
>> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.
>> Why?
>> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date
>> of
>> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.
>> Dates
>> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent
>> and
>> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a
>> court of
>> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
>> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
>> diligence.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Jason
8/17/2006 9:30:33 PM
For my client (a law firm) it would also be neccessary to show the original
sender and recipient name/address. Without these three fields (date sent,
sender and recipient) MS CRM is not an option.

Best regards,

- B@rney

"165Girl" wrote:

> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original date of
> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by design
> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but the
> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.  Why?
> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date of
> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.  Dates
> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent and
> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a court of
> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
> diligence.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Sender and recipient is retained (either resolved to a CRM record and left
unresolved as an SMTP address).  Am I misunderstanding your statement here?

--
Jason

"- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For my client (a law firm) it would also be neccessary to show the
> original
> sender and recipient name/address. Without these three fields (date sent,
> sender and recipient) MS CRM is not an option.
>
> Best regards,
>
> - B@rney
>
> "165Girl" wrote:
>
>> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original
>> date of
>> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by
>> design
>> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but
>> the
>> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.
>> Why?
>> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date
>> of
>> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.
>> Dates
>> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent
>> and
>> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a
>> court of
>> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
>> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
>> diligence.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Jason
10/31/2006 7:54:57 PM
I guess I didn't make myself clear...

Our client needs three fields: Date, Sender and Recipient.

The date they need (and other customers ask for) is the original date from
the email, not the date it was tracked in CRM.

I know that Sender and Recipient is available "inside" the email, but I
still haven't figured out if it's possible to show these fields in the
list-view/history-view. It's in the same list that we need to show the
original date from the email.

Is this more clear?

Should I send you an email to get easier means of communication?

Best regards,

- B@rney
"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> Sender and recipient is retained (either resolved to a CRM record and left
> unresolved as an SMTP address).  Am I misunderstanding your statement here?
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For my client (a law firm) it would also be neccessary to show the
> > original
> > sender and recipient name/address. Without these three fields (date sent,
> > sender and recipient) MS CRM is not an option.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > - B@rney
> >
> > "165Girl" wrote:
> >
> >> When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original
> >> date of
> >> the email should be retained in the CRM system.  I understand it is by
> >> design
> >> that it does not do that.  The created on date is Today.  That is ok, but
> >> the
> >> original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field.
> >> Why?
> >> If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date
> >> of
> >> the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events.
> >> Dates
> >> are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent
> >> and
> >> received, etc.  This information could also be used as evidence in a
> >> court of
> >> law should a dispute arise.  Without having the original dates of
> >> conversations, emails, etc., you would be unable to track or prove due
> >> diligence.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fbf1b5fa-75a3-466c-a51b-5831e7eb40b3&dg=microsoft.public.crm

This is clearer, thanks.  The original date sent is something we know about
and are considering to address in a future release.

I think the view customization you need is possible, though I'm not an
expert in that area.

--

>I guess I didn't make myself clear...
>
> Our client needs three fields: Date, Sender and Recipient.
>
> The date they need (and other customers ask for) is the original date from
> the email, not the date it was tracked in CRM.
>
> I know that Sender and Recipient is available "inside" the email, but I
> still haven't figured out if it's possible to show these fields in the
> list-view/history-view. It's in the same list that we need to show the
> original date from the email.
>
> Is this more clear?
>
> Should I send you an email to get easier means of communication?
>
> Best regards,
>
> - B@rney
> "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Sender and recipient is retained (either resolved to a CRM record and
>> left
>> unresolved as an SMTP address).  Am I misunderstanding your statement
>> here?
>>
>> --
>> Jason
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > For my client (a law firm) it would also be neccessary to show the
>> > original
>> > sender and recipient name/address. Without these three fields (date
>> > sent,
>> > sender and recipient) MS CRM is not an option.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > - B@rney

0
Jason
10/31/2006 8:36:24 PM
Thanks for quick reply!

Might the original date be available for instance through code in an
OnCreate event?

Not beeing able to see this date is a absolute showstopper, without it this
customer will *not* go for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, they might even select a
competing product!

How far into the future is a "future release"? Could this be addressed in
the CRM for Outlook 2007 release?

Are there any other channels we should pursue this issue through? Anyone
else we should contact?

Best regards

- B@rney

"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> This is clearer, thanks.  The original date sent is something we know about
> and are considering to address in a future release.
>
> I think the view customization you need is possible, though I'm not an
> expert in that area.
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I guess I didn't make myself clear...
> >
> > Our client needs three fields: Date, Sender and Recipient.
> >
> > The date they need (and other customers ask for) is the original date from
> > the email, not the date it was tracked in CRM.
> >
> > I know that Sender and Recipient is available "inside" the email, but I
> > still haven't figured out if it's possible to show these fields in the
> > list-view/history-view. It's in the same list that we need to show the
> > original date from the email.
> >
> > Is this more clear?
> >
> > Should I send you an email to get easier means of communication?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > - B@rney
> > "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Sender and recipient is retained (either resolved to a CRM record and
> >> left
> >> unresolved as an SMTP address).  Am I misunderstanding your statement
> >> here?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jason
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sorry, but I cannot comment on specifics on releases.  Please contact MS
support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.

--

> Thanks for quick reply!
>
> Might the original date be available for instance through code in an
> OnCreate event?
>
> Not beeing able to see this date is a absolute showstopper, without it
> this
> customer will *not* go for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, they might even select
> competing product!
>
> How far into the future is a "future release"? Could this be addressed in
> the CRM for Outlook 2007 release?
>
> Are there any other channels we should pursue this issue through? Anyone
> else we should contact?
>
> Best regards
>
> - B@rney
>
> "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> This is clearer, thanks.  The original date sent is something we know
>> about
>> and are considering to address in a future release.
>>
>> I think the view customization you need is possible, though I'm not an
>> expert in that area.
>>
>> --
>> Jason
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I guess I didn't make myself clear...
>> >
>> > Our client needs three fields: Date, Sender and Recipient.
>> >
>> > The date they need (and other customers ask for) is the original date
>> > from
>> > the email, not the date it was tracked in CRM.
>> >
>> > I know that Sender and Recipient is available "inside" the email, but I
>> > still haven't figured out if it's possible to show these fields in the
>> > list-view/history-view. It's in the same list that we need to show the
>> > original date from the email.
>> >
>> > Is this more clear?
>> >
>> > Should I send you an email to get easier means of communication?
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > - B@rney

0
Jason
10/31/2006 9:44:46 PM
The lastest rullup1 still doesn't fix this problem!! so bad!

Jason Dibble [MSFT] wrote:
> Sorry, but I cannot comment on specifics on releases.  Please contact MS
> support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "- B@rney" <Brney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for quick reply!
> >
> > Might the original date be available for instance through code in an
> > OnCreate event?
> >
> > Not beeing able to see this date is a absolute showstopper, without it
> > this
> > customer will *not* go for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, they might even select
> > competing product!
> >
> > How far into the future is a "future release"? Could this be addressed in
> > the CRM for Outlook 2007 release?
> >
> > Are there any other channels we should pursue this issue through? Anyone
> > else we should contact?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > - B@rney
> >
> > "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> This is clearer, thanks.  The original date sent is something we know
> >> about
> >> and are considering to address in a future release.
> >>
> >> I think the view customization you need is possible, though I'm not an
> >> expert in that area.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jason
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "- B@rney" <- B@rney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Andrew
12/8/2006 1:09:04 AM
I was expecting this fix in the rollup1. Unfortunate.

"Andrew" wrote:

> The lastest rullup1 still doesn't fix this problem!! so bad!
>

> Jason Dibble [MSFT] wrote:
> > Sorry, but I cannot comment on specifics on releases.  Please contact MS
> > support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.
> >
> > --
> > Jason
> > --
> >

> > "- B@rney" <Brney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for quick reply!
> > >
> > > Might the original date be available for instance through code in an
> > > OnCreate event?
> > >
> > > Not beeing able to see this date is a absolute showstopper, without it
> > > this
> > > customer will *not* go for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, they might even select
> > > competing product!
> > >
> > > How far into the future is a "future release"? Could this be addressed in
> > > the CRM for Outlook 2007 release?
> > >
> > > Are there any other channels we should pursue this issue through? Anyone
> > > else we should contact?
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > >
> > > - B@rney

The rollup contains hotfixes that have been previously released.  Please

"Venkat Bendalam" <VenkatBendalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ABD13909-C44A-4265-91FE-4899F65575F5@microsoft.com...
>I was expecting this fix in the rollup1. Unfortunate.
>

> "Andrew" wrote:
>
>> The lastest rullup1 still doesn't fix this problem!! so bad!
>>

>> Jason Dibble [MSFT] wrote:
>> > Sorry, but I cannot comment on specifics on releases.  Please contact
>> > MS
>> > support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jason
>> > --
>> > rights.
>> >

>> > "- B@rney" <Brney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jason
12/19/2006 6:11:02 PM
Jason,

Just to clarify this process:  Someone has to log a call with MS regarding
this exact issue and then a fix will be created and released?  If no-one logs
a call with MS then this issue will never be resolved?

Can you clarify please so we can follow the process though to a successful
conclusion.

(also - I have logged a call some months ago and was told there was no fix
at the time).

"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> The rollup contains hotfixes that have been previously released.  Please
> contact MS
> support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "Venkat Bendalam" <VenkatBendalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:ABD13909-C44A-4265-91FE-4899F65575F5@microsoft.com...
> >I was expecting this fix in the rollup1. Unfortunate.
> >

> > "Andrew" wrote:
> >
> >> The lastest rullup1 still doesn't fix this problem!! so bad!

I'm not saying the issue will never be resolved if a call isn't logged with
support, we know about it and will address it when we can against other
priorities.  However, if you are really needing this soon, a call to support
may help increate the priority.

--
Jason

"Aaron Kitto" <AaronKitto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jason,
>
> Just to clarify this process:  Someone has to log a call with MS regarding
> this exact issue and then a fix will be created and released?  If no-one
> logs
> a call with MS then this issue will never be resolved?
>
> Can you clarify please so we can follow the process though to a successful
> conclusion.
>
> (also - I have logged a call some months ago and was told there was no fix
> at the time).
>
> "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> The rollup contains hotfixes that have been previously released.  Please
>> contact MS
>> support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.
>>
>> --
>> Jason
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Venkat Bendalam" <VenkatBendalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:ABD13909-C44A-4265-91FE-4899F65575F5@microsoft.com...
>> >I was expecting this fix in the rollup1. Unfortunate.

0
Jason
1/16/2007 12:17:29 AM
Jason,

I took your advise and contacted Microsoft. See question and response below.
Basically they are telling me to register my  request via this forum. Looks
liek MS are not going to help curent users with one. No doubt we will have to
pay for an expensive upgharde when they get around to it. Very poor response
for a feature that should have been in V1.0.

ISSUE:
“My Question is "How can I store the original sent date on an e-mail when
the e-mail is tracked/promoted in CRM"

When I first purchased MSCRM I noted in V1.2 that when an e-mail is promoted
to CRM the original e-mail sent date is note stored. The only date stored is
the date the e-mail is promoted. I am disappointed to find that in V3.0 this
omission is still there and not even fixed with roll up 1. I do not
understand why MS continue to consider this unimportant. It is essential that
the original sent date is stored. E-mails cannot always be tracked in CRM on
the day they are received. It is often the case that the e-mail showing the
date is was sent must be produced in the event of a dispute or tracking a
sequence of events. Whilst this remains the case our users must continue to
store critical e-mails in their local outlook folders. Whilst this happens
there is a reluctance to fully commit to Microsoft CRM. To further compound
my disappointment recent threads on the dynamic CRM community suggest
Microsoft are not giving this issue any sort of priority. I would add that if
Microsoft had made it clear in its sale literature that the email sent date
was not stored I would not have recommended the purchase.”

IMPACT:
High

RESOLUTION:
Send explanations regarding this issue to partner

*******************

I’m afraid I can’t add something more valuable at this point to this issue.
This is a known issue for all of us and this issue is documented within CRM
Product Team. The information that we have is that this functionality will be
changed on the next CRM version. In fact, this behavior has already been
changed and checked into the CRM Titan source code tree and has been verified
against CRM Titan.

I would like to suggest you to do a Product Suggestion, if you like. Product
Suggestions can be logged through our community newsgroups and is not limited
to those with access to PartnerSource. To go to our community area, select
http://mbs.microsoft.com and select “community” , then ‘Newsgroups’ where you
will get an option of products and the ability to open with a web based
reader or newsreader. Once in your relevant product – you should select ‘New’
and ‘Suggestion to Microsoft’ – this will then take you to the Product
Suggestion Portal – please be aware that you will need to sign in with a
Microsoft Passport – you do not need PartnerSource credentials.

Please let me know if you need further assistance from our services.

Many thanks.

Vânia Ferramacho
Support Specialist
EMEA CRM Support Team

"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> I'm not saying the issue will never be resolved if a call isn't logged with
> support, we know about it and will address it when we can against other
> priorities.  However, if you are really needing this soon, a call to support
> may help increate the priority.
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "Aaron Kitto" <AaronKitto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Jason,
> >
> > Just to clarify this process:  Someone has to log a call with MS regarding
> > this exact issue and then a fix will be created and released?  If no-one
> > logs
> > a call with MS then this issue will never be resolved?
> >
> > Can you clarify please so we can follow the process though to a successful
> > conclusion.
> >
> > (also - I have logged a call some months ago and was told there was no fix
> > at the time).
> >
> > "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> The rollup contains hotfixes that have been previously released.  Please
> >> contact MS
> >> support to pursue assistance on getting a fix for this problem.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jason
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "Venkat Bendalam" <VenkatBendalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:ABD13909-C44A-4265-91FE-4899F65575F5@microsoft.com...

Does anyone know if this was address in the update rollup 2?

Thanks!

"ril" wrote:

> [...]
> > support, we know about it and will address it when we can against other
> > priorities.  However, if you are really needing this soon, a call to support
> > may help increate the priority.
> >
> > --
> > Jason
> > --
> >

> > "Aaron Kitto" <AaronKitto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Jason,
> > >
> > > Just to clarify this process:  Someone has to log a call with MS regarding
> > > this exact issue and then a fix will be created and released?  If no-one
> > > logs
> > > a call with MS then this issue will never be resolved?
> > >
> > > Can you clarify please so we can follow the process though to a successful
> > > conclusion.
> > >
> > > (also - I have logged a call some months ago and was told there was no fix

Microsoft have confirmed to me that v4.0 will store the e-mail received date,
not sent date. There will be no fix or update in v3.0

"MDV1457" wrote:

> [...]
> > Suggestion Portal – please be aware that you will need to sign in with a
> > Microsoft Passport – you do not need PartnerSource credentials.
> >

> > Please let me know if you need further assistance from our services.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >

> > Vânia Ferramacho
> > Support Specialist
> > EMEA CRM Support Team
> >

> > "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not saying the issue will never be resolved if a call isn't logged with
> > > support, we know about it and will address it when we can against other
> > > priorities.  However, if you are really needing this soon, a call to support
> > > may help increate the priority.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason
> > > --
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thanks ril,
Has anyone out there come up with a work around for this?

"ril" wrote:

> [...]
> > > changed and checked into the CRM Titan source code tree and has been verified
> > > against CRM Titan.
> > >
> > > I would like to suggest you to do a Product Suggestion, if you like. Product
> > > Suggestions can be logged through our community newsgroups and is not limited
> > > to those with access to PartnerSource. To go to our community area, select
> > > http://mbs.microsoft.com and select “community” , then ‘Newsgroups’ where you
> > > will get an option of products and the ability to open with a web based
> > > reader or newsreader. Once in your relevant product – you should select ‘New’
> > > and ‘Suggestion to Microsoft’ – this will then take you to the Product
> > > Suggestion Portal – please be aware that you will need to sign in with a
> > > Microsoft Passport – you do not need PartnerSource credentials.
> > >

> > > Please let me know if you need further assistance from our services.

Hi,

It is sad to know that there is no fix for 3.0 and more worse to note that
sent date will not be stored in 4.0
Due to this issue not only does the email activity show irrelevant date, it
also gives incorrect 'Days Since Last Contact' number.

I've been trying a few things in the PostDeliver callout. I would like to
know if it is  possible to get a handle on the actual email and hence the
sent date from it.

thanks
Arvind
"MDV1457" wrote:

> Thanks ril,
> Has anyone out there come up with a work around for this?
>
> "ril" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft have confirmed to me that v4.0 will store the e-mail received date,
> > not sent date. There will be no fix or update in v3.0
> >
> > "MDV1457" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know if this was address in the update rollup 2?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

Fortunately, Microsoft released a hotfix for this issue on CRM 3.0, which
would preserve the date on which the email was received.

Source:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940653

Note: Remember to have Rollup Patch 2 on the client installed.

Peter Gernburd

"ril" wrote:

> [...]
> > > changed and checked into the CRM Titan source code tree and has been verified
> > > against CRM Titan.
> > >
> > > I would like to suggest you to do a Product Suggestion, if you like. Product
> > > Suggestions can be logged through our community newsgroups and is not limited
> > > to those with access to PartnerSource. To go to our community area, select
> > > http://mbs.microsoft.com and select “community” , then ‘Newsgroups’ where you
> > > will get an option of products and the ability to open with a web based
> > > reader or newsreader. Once in your relevant product – you should select ‘New’
> > > and ‘Suggestion to Microsoft’ – this will then take you to the Product
> > > Suggestion Portal – please be aware that you will need to sign in with a
> > > Microsoft Passport – you do not need PartnerSource credentials.
> > >

> > > Please let me know if you need further assistance from our services.

Amazing!! I kicked up a fuss for 3 months and they said it could not be fixed
on v3.0 -- people power!!

"Peter Gernburd" wrote:

> Fortunately, Microsoft released a hotfix for this issue on CRM 3.0, which
> would preserve the date on which the email was received.
>
> Source:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940653
>
> Note: Remember to have Rollup Patch 2 on the client installed.
>
> Peter Gernburd
>

> "ril" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft have confirmed to me that v4.0 will store the e-mail received date,
> > not sent date. There will be no fix or update in v3.0
> >
> > "MDV1457" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know if this was address in the update rollup 2?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

Spoke to soon. The fix shows the mail in the the activities list as recieved
on the correct date but if you forward or reply to the e-mail it shows it as
having been received on teh date it was tracked in CRM.

"ril" wrote:

> Amazing!! I kicked up a fuss for 3 months and they said it could not be fixed
> on v3.0 -- people power!!
>
> "Peter Gernburd" wrote:
>
> > Fortunately, Microsoft released a hotfix for this issue on CRM 3.0, which
> > would preserve the date on which the email was received.
> >
> > Source:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940653
> >
> > Note: Remember to have Rollup Patch 2 on the client installed.
> >
> > Peter Gernburd
> >

> > "ril" wrote:
> >
> > > Microsoft have confirmed to me that v4.0 will store the e-mail received date,
> > > not sent date. There will be no fix or update in v3.0

The hot-fix does work. Fantastic - well sort of.

The 'Sent/Received Date' from the original email is stored in the CRM
'Actual End' date field - not in the 'Created on' field. There are a couple
of pretty significant of problems with this approach:

1. In the Activity entity the 'Actual End' has uses beyond emails, and
cannot be renamed. So while in Email views the field can be made to appear as
'Sent/Received', users have to know that the data appears in 'Actual End'
when looking at activity views (e.g. History).

2. In the Activity Entity the 'Actual End' field cannot be modified to show
Date/Time (as it can in the email entity), so it is impossible to know for
sure the order of emails with the same subject when viewed in an Activity
view (e.g. History).

Vlookup return most recent date (value)
Hello, I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal ID# (001). Column B contains a timestamp. My table has multiple entries for each ID# and different timestamps for each entry. I want to use a vlookup to find the MOST RECENT timestamp for EACH ID. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan With your data in ColA/B and the query ID in cell C1 try the below =SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$2:$A$100=C1)*$B$2:$B$100)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a set of data where Column A contains an personal I...

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

invalid email address