CRM Online, can't convert Lead, how do you find real cause or erro

I get generic error message when a CEO role tries to convert a lead. We are
using CRM Online, is there any way to get more descriptive error, log file,
etc?  We just see message box that says: "The logged-on user does not have
the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the
specific action."

This person was CEO role for the parent Business Unit and should have no
probs converting a lead to an account or contact.
Anyone have any ideas on this?  Can MS support provide error logs for your
online domain?
thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Net Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector fo
Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server when using the GP connector? The documentation states: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the integration server, or both? I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because CRM is on the same device. Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or has anyone found a way around it? ..NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications should be able to work on the same mac...

converted older version
I have updated a database from an older version of access and am recieving a "This recordset is not updateable" message when I'm trying to chage a record..How can I make all my records capable of being updated? See: Why is my query read-only? at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html for a list of possible reasons. It might be as simple as a missing index on the ONE side of a join. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "66motors...

Time Convert
Hello, I have a database that I have been querying from my visual basic 6 program to take my access DB and convert it to excel. I use a multitude of SQL queries to get it to the format I desire, but i have a time column that has both the date and time within them. When I open the excel sheet, I only get the date displayed but the time is there I just have to reformat the column. Is there a way to query my Access database in such a way I only have the time and therefore wont see the date? Basically without knowing exactly what Im typing i have something as follows (which obviously doesnt wo...

CRM with RMS?
I want to look into a sophisticated CRM system which would allow me to target customers based on their purchases with money off coupons which are specific to that customer and are date ranged, if this linked in with DTP software to create the print outs, or create email merges then that would be great. Does anyone have any idea if there is something like this out there? -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre Philip, There should not be any reason you could not use a detailed sales report that also includes a customer's email address or regular address, then export the results ...

CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?
Hi all, A quick timeline before explaining my issue: - We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated from ACT!" to distinguish. - Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging when necessary, assigning to right owners... - At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully. - Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe) successfully. - A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0. - A few months later, some users were complaining about d...

Federated CRM
Hi, Do we have any information/articles/white papers on federated CRM? It will be good if these target MSCRM, but other CRM products would do. I need to formulate a strategy to achieve federation and am looking for some guidelines, implementation methodology around it. thanks for your help -prateek Prateek, I'm not sure what you mean by "federated CRM". Can you explain in greater detail? Michael Cross Navint http://www.navint.com "prateeksethi@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Do we have any information/articles/white papers on federated CRM? It > will...

Search and find test
I want to find all cells that contain whatever text I am searching for. Ctrl+F will do this and display everything it finds in a separate window. What I would like to do is have all of the cells and contents in the row displayed that the search finds. .. Excel 2007 only List content and location of finds. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozihcjmdmko/02_25_10.xlsm ...

manipulating CRM database directly
Hi, I would like to create a program to access the crm metabase database for updating the callout subscriber settings. Currently the metabase database name is adventure_cylcle_works_metabase. How can i get the database name for the same for any crm installation. Will it be of the pattern <<CRM_Organization_Name>>_Metabase In that case where and how will I get the name of the organization. I guess, from the active directory. If so what is the attribute that i need to ask for. it would be great if I get the connectionstring for crm metabase database using with the SqlConnectio...

Team Security CRM Outlook bug??
I have a probable bug with CRM Security. Scenario: I have created a new role with account access privileges set to user for all actions. I have a few salesfolks who need access to shared accounts, so I created teams for those members and shared the accounts with the team. The users can access the team-shared accounts from the web- client and from the Outlook client (while online). However, after the users go offline and attempt to access the accounts, they are getting the following error: Access Denied: You do not have access rights or privileges to perform this action. I can'...

CRM database archiving process
I would like to see, and I have talked to others who would like to see, a Microsoft supported Archiving process where we can select the archiving time for each entity seperately. It would be nice to be able to set different archiving times as our different departments require different lengths of times to archive for the entites they are working with. Thank You, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

CRM 3 Email template issue
Greetings all, I have created an email template that includes accountcategorycode in the following context: This customer's SLA is {!Account:Service Level;not set}. When the email is triggered, the text looks like: This customer's SLA is 6. instead of reflecting the label for the value. I'd like it to display: This customer's SLA is <SLA info from the label>. Am I expecting this to function a way that it can't easily? Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. -Sam ...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

Excel 2007 crashes, causes reboot
Hello- Has anyone seen this behavior? Working in a simple spreadsheet in Excel 2007. OS is Vista Ultimate. (Dual core AMD/3 GB RAM) Three times today, and a few times previously Excel 2007 locks up and then causes a reboot of my PC. Upon the completion of the reboot, a message simply states that Windows has recovered from a serious error. Event logs seem inconclusive. Issue only occurs when using Excel 2007 and has been fairly easy to replicate. Unfortunately this is not the only bug that I have experienced in Office 2007. I have experienced many slow downs (but no reboots) with Word ...

How do i enable domain user access from the internet to CRM ?
Hi I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web interface with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this. When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for credentials but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just says HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied. IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install. Is there anyway to do this ? Thank ...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

confusion on track in crm
can the email still be tracked if ms exchange is not being used and an smtp server is used instead? both for outgoing and incoming . . . The email can be tracked manually by having the user use the "Track in CRM" button. With CRM 3.0, the Exchange CRM router is an optional component that gives you the ability to automatically promote email threads to CRM. In addition, CRM 4.0 will not require Exchange to automatically track email. Jason Roy "Rifat Yavuz" <RifatYavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4841975A-A76D-4F01-B169-FFC7199468BE@micros...

Finding Transactions
I am using Money 06. Is there a way for me to locate transactions across my accounts where the 'Category' is blank? Thanks Transactions by Category report customized Category|Clear All, Category|Include unassigned income transactions, Category|Include unassigned expense transactions, Date|All Dates, Account|Select All, etc. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D7BE0D-2C92-42B2-8E58-BCF2202096D1@microsoft.com... >I am using Money 06. Is there a way for me to locate transactions across my > accounts where the 'Category' is bl...

Where do I receive or find a delivery receipt?
To test how delivery receipt works I sent an email to myself, requesting delivery receipt, (so I know that it was received) but what form does delivery receipt come in? Same thing with read receipt, I sent myself one, respond yes when I opened the message, but haven't received anything I can see that is a read receipt. Where would I find it? Delivery receipts are generated by the recipient's mail server, if it is supported. As for the read receipt, have you hit send/receive after reading the email? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Newbie question: finding aliases and forwards
If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? Thanks. just go to Active Directory Users and computers and do a find with a filter by the users email Address "Joe Blow" wrote: > If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com > how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange > or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? > Thanks. > > > ...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Convertibility Issue between Windows Excel 2007 and Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have created a very extensive budget for my company in Windows Excel 2007 containing multiple tabs, hundreds of formulas, a few arrays, some conditional formatting, etc. A few of the individuals needing access to the file are running Mac Excel 2008. Unfortunately, whenever I try to send it to them, they are unable to open the file getting an error saying The file might have been modified or damaged from its original format. However, whenever i send it to another user of Windows office 2007 they can open it without any proble...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

finding differing numbers.
How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in duplication. ie "numbers" 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2. "result" 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Thanks Chris Hi one way: - select your column - choose 'Data - Filter Advanced Filter' - choose a new range and 'unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany curleyc wrote: > How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a > list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in > duplicat...

Thinking about CRM as a Solution
Hello there, We are an 13 employee IT service and merchandise shop for strictly Small Businesses up in Victoria BC Canada. We have been running a MS Access database as our "CRM" for about 5 years now. We are looking at alternatives and have started to look at Connectwise and Autotask. It seems to us that Connectwise is so different from how we work, and Autotask is similar to that. We have been so happy with our database becuase of the ability to manipulate it so freely and quickly if we need to. About 5 years ago, after we built the database we decided to switch from an hour...