CRM .NET Compatibility Question

So far you guys have been a tremendous assistance. I just need one
clarification if anyone knows.

Is the CRM incompatible with .Net Framework 1.1 or just Windows 2003
implimentation of .Net Framework 1.1.

I have built a Windows 2000 server and am ready to intall CRM but am
not sure if I should use the .Net Framework version 1.1 which is on
the windows update site or do I need to dig around for version 1.0

Thank you much

River Cox
USArchive and Imaging Services.
0
River
8/21/2003 5:02:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

version 1.0 it is

Has anyone tried with .net 1.0 sp1
0
River
8/21/2003 5:26:10 PM
We are currently using sp2 (which I believe CRM recommends anyways).

"River Cox" <rdcox@usaimaging.com> wrote in message
version 1.0 it is

Has anyone tried with .net 1.0 sp1

0
Matt
8/21/2003 6:11:32 PM
"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message news:<enEkD$AaDHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> We are currently using sp2 (which I believe CRM recommends anyways).
>
> "River Cox" <rdcox@usaimaging.com> wrote in message
> version 1.0 it is
>
> Has anyone tried with .net 1.0 sp1

I totally forgot to install .NET before installing CRM.  So I tried to
install version 1.1 and CRM was not working anymore.  So I uninstalled
it and it worked again.  Hopefully I red the documentation where it
says that .NET SP2 is automaticly installed with CRM.

Fred
0
ffortin

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Custom workflow activity question
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to use any custom entities / attributes in the custom workflow activities. Any suggestion how to accomplish this a simple way? Thanks in advance, Robert I have seen post somewhere about accessing custom entities , you need to google it. As well as custom attributes are concerned , you need to use dynamic entity for example accessing "new_link" which is custom attribute : DynamicEntity regardingAccount = (DynamicEntity)retrieved.BusinessEntity; if (regardingAccount.Properties.Contains("new_link")) { // do somethi...

BCM --> CRM
Hi, I need help moving BCM data with all its accounts and relationships intact to CRM. Has anyone succeeded in doing this and how? Thanks, Jacob not seen a mention of anything like this. You may be the first...what formats can bcm export to? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jacob de Leur" <JacobdeLeur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C471A90-40C9-4C4C-8494-5B5ABE66E8BE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need help moving BCM data with all its accounts and relationships intact > to CRM. > Has anyone succeeded in ...

Searching for CRM KB articles broken...
Hi All, For some reason our KB search won't work in CRM. When we try to search for articles, we get an error. It doesn't seem to matter if we choose to search full text, keywords, or in the title however we can search by KB number using the exact article number--this works. The error message we are seeing is as follows: "Error - An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." --> Options are to "try again" (which doesn't work) or "go back". - - - Two questions: 1. Has anyone seen this before and know how to f...

Create an ASP.NET Web Service
Not sure if this is the correct group to be posting this at but here goes. I am in the MSDN Library and doing the step-by-step instructions on the "Walkthrough: Creating a Distributed Application" and I appear to be a lost at step 5 in the section titled "To create an ASP.NET Web Service project". Line 5 says "In Solution Explorer, double-click Service1.asmx to select it". I do not see Servicece1.asmx in the Solution Explorer after following all the previous steps to the letter. In fact I don't see anything with an asmx extension. The closest thi...

Report writer function/calculated field question
I have a string field that consists of a number followed by a decimal followed by 5 zeroes. The number is always a whole number so I want to remove the decimal and the 5 zeroes. However, since the field is a string, I'm struggling to find a way to do that. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks. Zack I would use the RW_Strip user defined function. This function will return the value of the string with all occurrences of the specified characters stripped out. So you want to strip out .00000 and retrieve the remaining value? You would pass in the string field and then the characters y...

Net display extended desktop
I've created a html page with microsoft frontpage and in it theres a wmv video. When i open the page, I can watch the video in my main screen, but then when I move it to my extended screen, theres nothing but a black screen. Is there a way I can fix this? Thanks. When you go to your POS screen and press ctrl+F6 is 'show net display' enabled? -- Jenny "Mike" wrote: > I've created a html page with microsoft frontpage and in it theres a wmv video. > When i open the page, I can watch the video in my main screen, but then when > I > move it to my ext...

output question
#define the properties to be returned ($colPropList is an array) $colProplist = "name","member" foreach ($i in $colPropList) { $Searcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add($i) } Above is the code to set the properties for a directory search but it produces a 0 1 in the outputs. Any one happen to have experienced this and how to get rid of the 0 1 output ? Thanks Redirect result of the method to $null { $Searcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add($i) > $null } -Paul "Chris" wrote: > #define the properties to be returned ($colPropList is an array) > $col...

ExBPA config question
Can I modify the XML config file to set custom rules that fit my needs? ...

Table and query question
I would like to create a table that will relate an account to its parent(s). 1 account can have multiple parents, and 1 parent can have multiple accounts. And, a parent can have a master parent. For ex: Account 1 can have Parent 1. Account 2 can have Parent 1 and Parent 2. Parent 1 can have Parent 2. And, the queries that I will perform will request these data: 1. give me all parents of Account 1. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 (because Parent 2 is the parent of Parent 1) 2. give me all parents of Account 2. The query should return Parent 1 and Parent 2 3. give...

[ANN] Xinclude.NET 1.2 released
Hello! I'm glad to announce XInclude.NET 1.2 release. What is XInclude.NET ==================== XInclude.NET is free open-source implementation of XInclude 1.0 Working Draft of 10 November 2003 [1] and XPointer Framework Recommendation [2] written in C# for .NET platform. XInclude.NET supports XPointer element(), xmlns(), xpath1() and xpointer() (XPath subset only) schemes. XInclude.NET has been tested using The XInclude Test Suite under Microsoft .NET 1.0 and 1.1 on Windows 2000. Changes since 1.0 release: - Updated to new XInclude syntax and namespace according to new XInclude 1...

Quick Question on Categories
An anally organized person just realized this question... ;-) Maybe someone can help me out with your solution to the problem? I'd think that going to /see/ movies is considered different from buying them on video. So, when I go see a movie, is it considered Movies & Video, or on Cultural Events? Seeing a movie is questionable as a cultural event... Thanks, Kenneth "Kenneth Pardue" <kennethNOSPAM@pardue.com> wrote in message news:vnprkfirgng4de@corp.supernews.com... > An anally organized person just realized this question... ;-) > > Maybe someone can he...

CRM 4.0
Hi How does one configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service in CRM 4.0? In a custom WF host I can accomplish this by specifying the service in the host application's configuration file. Is this approach possible with CRM 4.0? I understand that the workflow runtime is hosted by the CRM Asynchronous Service, and I have been able to register custom WF Activity as detailed in the CRM SDK documentation. However I can find no references to registering / configuring a local service. Any help much appreciated! Regards, Gareth On Oct 23, 1:38=A0pm, rgdav...@gmail.com wrote: > H...

absolutely classic DLL question
Hello to all. Please, let some professional from people here guide me for creating a DLL library. I have some classes, some files, some functions, etc. DLL will be built without any guidance. Still... I need help. I need after this to create one .LIB which actually does not "enter" statically in target out file, but just loads this .DLL. In this manner is Windows Sockets 2 - using ws2_32.lib, actually linked out file to load/use ws2_32.dll. Funny, but I dont know how this must be done. Please, I need short, concrete and precise guidance. Will be very grateful for your help. Than...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Basic INDEX(MATCH()) Question:
I am currently using an INDEX() function to do a basic data retrieval by specifying both the collumn and rows. INDEX(p1rn1,1,18) p1rn1 is C2:AE28 the 1,18 retrieves what is in cell T3 in cell Q:S3 (Cells Q3 -> S3 are merged) is the text string "Weap Dam Rec" Is it possible to use INDEX(p1rn1,MATCH("Weap Dam Rec",?,?),?) to find the data in T3, if so, what is the wording of the function? If INDEX() can't do it, is there anyhting that can? for the billionth time Thanks Adam Hi! > INDEX(p1rn1,1,18) > > p1rn1 is C2:AE28 > > the 1,18 retrieves ...

newbie question re: learning curve
I am a complete newbie to Publisher. I am slightly familiar with Corel Draw and InDesign, but my new job only offers Publisher as a software. I am a quick learner, but I'd like to know a couple things: Can I import InDesign files? How similar to the other Microsft products is the interface? Can I make complex designs with Publisher (most will be simple). Thank you. Libbi -- Triple Double ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Triple Double's Profile: http://nettechguide.com/forums/member.php?u=599 View this thread: http://nettechguide.com/fo...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

CRM 3.0 Demo db ?
How can I get Demo data in my CRM env ? I used Adventure Work Cycle as my organization name..but everything is empty. Sam Hi Sam! "Sam" wrote > How can I get Demo data in my CRM env ? I used Adventure Work Cycle as my > organization name..but everything is empty. Read chapter 18 of the implementation guide: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a and have a look at the "SampleData"-folder on your server-installation medium. Cheers Arne Janning On the 3.0 serv...

ISA 2004 Question
I have had ISA 2004 installed on my SBS 2003 server every since it was put into service and it has never allowed LAN workstations to access the Internet without having proxy settings in the web browser. I had to do a restore recently and after that was completed I noticed that if I unchecked the use proxy check mark in my browser I could still access Internet pages and of course my restricted web page settings were being ignored because of not using the server proxy. The proxy is working because when I have the proxy in the browser check to use it does block the web pages in my &...

Taskbar Outlook Question
I have an Outlook icon next to the clock right hand lower corner. How do I delete it? I already have one in my taskbar. Thanks, david You can't but you can customize you're Notification Area to hide it or rightclick it and choose "Hide when minimized" to remove it from the Taskbar. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "david" <chevie@mail.com> wrote in message news:jdeRd.50484$Th1.39608@bgtnsc04-ne...

POP3 Internet Mail Question
I am running 1 windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 on it. This server hosts our internal & external email for our domain name xxx.com However we have another domain name (xxy.com) that we use for internet mail that is hosted by another provider. We would like to bring this in-house and host it on our exchange server. Is there a way to configure the exchange server to host internet mail (Pop3 accounts) with a different domain name? What is the best way to set this up? thanks =?Utf-8?B?Z2tyYXNub2Zm?= <gkras19@aol.com> wrote in news:7C1FB197-B7A9-4A9E-A2D1-933577EFF0B0@micr...

CRM 1.2 Leads & Searching
Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not! Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable? Thanks Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2. v3.0 does give you the ability to pick which fields to search though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message news:wIudnXImHfGWr57ZRVnyiA@pipex.net... Hope someone can help - how do you se...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...