CRM needs to allow attachments and links in KB Articles

in addition to the search capabilities for knowledgebase articles, it would
be nice to be able to place related topics links in the articles themselves.

Also, I would like to be able to introduce a topic/solution and then attach
a document, in PDF most likely, that gives the full (often 10-20 pages long,
with graphics) description.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2abe59dc-d678-4439-9060-b9892ee60ed4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In my customer scenario, they want to be able to have searchable text in the
KB article, but when sending the information to customers, they want to send
pdf's that include brand elements, illustrations, tables, and diagrams. It
would be cumbersome to point a KB article to a Sales Lit document (which can
have attachments).

The bottom line is that the customer wants to store the information in one
place.

"vecchiocane" wrote:

> in addition to the search capabilities for knowledgebase articles, it would
> be nice to be able to place related topics links in the articles themselves.
>
> Also, I would like to be able to introduce a topic/solution and then attach
> a document, in PDF most likely, that gives the full (often 10-20 pages long,
> with graphics) description.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2abe59dc-d678-4439-9060-b9892ee60ed4&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Relationship between a Custom Entity and an Activity?? (CRM 3.0)
Hi there, I'm doing some customizations on our CRM 3.0 System. I created a new custom entity called "distributioncosts" and would like to create a relationship between that entity and the activity "appointment". But there aren't any buttons "Create a new relationship". Isn't it possible to create a relationships to an activity? Is there any way to do this? Thanks for your help! Regards, Simon Simon, Any custom entity can have a 1:M relationship with the standard activities. Just check that box (one for Notes, one for activity) when you are ...

Unique Tracking Number with Subject Line of Microsoft CRM E-Mail
The CRM E-mail router provides an interface between MSCRM & Exchange. The router takes a copy of the message and determines whether the message is relevant to CRM. If so, the message is delivered to MSCRM server, and an e-mail activity record is created. I have noticed that this is done using an unique identifier Number mentioned in the subject line when a mail is sent. I want to know whether one can forward all the mail's of a Exchange user to a CRM user account. Please Help! Yes, you can. I believe the setting is on the Tools options menu within the Outlook client. I never ...

How do I link columns from one worksheet to another in the workbo.
I am trying to enter data in a column of one worksheet and have the data show up in another worksheet in the same workbook. I have tried to highlite the colum and use "=" : highlite the other colum on the other wroksheet and hit <enter>. This does not work. Any suggestions? Feather AFAIK this cannot be done on entire columns. Enter the = sign in A1 then switch to other sheet and select A1 and ENTER. Now just drag/copy that formula down as far as you wish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:53:02 -0700, Featherstony <Featherstony@discussions.microsoft.c...

Update links prompt not wanted
I am posting a few files sayb File A and File B (Excel 2003) on a network drive. These files are password protected and are linked to each other where File A is the source file for File B. To suppress the prompt to update when I open File B, I went into Tools-Options-Edit and unchecked the 'Ask to update automatic links'. This has stopped prompting me for updating all files including these 2 files but I understand this is good only for my computer.I would also like all users of these files on the network not to be prompted for updating but that they open automatically File B wit...

Need to group elements using XSLT
Hi, I am trying to group nodes in a huge xml file by one of the common fields. I have tried using "for-each-group" and "group-by" but am unable to get it working. Here, I have a list of Ports under each DSLAM entry and would hence like to group in a hierarchy all such Ports under each of these DSLAM entries as shown below. Here's a sample xml file (similar to the one I am trying to transform, but simplified to remove a lot of junk fields) and the required xml output - ----Sample XML file----- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Conv...

In "Sent Items"need to see WHO they were sent to
In Outlook Express in "Sent Items" need to see who the emails were sent to This is an excel newsgroup. But rightclick on the headers (From|subject|received grey area). choose columns select To conker wrote: > > In Outlook Express in "Sent Items" need to see who the emails were sent to -- Dave Peterson ...

Collaboration with PC users of various word versions...help needed.

Need to dynamically re-center a form
Hi everyone, I have an Access form which I'm dynamically sizing based on the number of entries in a list box. Simple code to dynamically re-center it doesn't quite seem to be working as I would expect (AutoCenter is on, then simply move form up by half the difference of height change). I realize that algorithm won't be perfect, due to things like title bar height, but I would've thought it would be close enough. Instead, with large numbers of entries in the list box, my form goes WAY above the top of the Access "work area" (i.e., the usable display area aft...

Slow CRM vs. stage.js file
Hey, as many others i have a slow system, now i maybe have found the solution, i have seen this descriped: In IIS, browse to the file '<crm virtual dir>/_common/scripts/Stage.js', show properties, goto 'HTTP Headers'. Check the 'Enable content expiration' checkbox, and select the 'Expire immediately' option (now this file (5kb) will be retrieved for each request, instead of caching it locally) The thing is, when i browse to the directory, and rightclick "stage.js" choose properties, then i cant see any "http header" ? Is it because ...

SMTP connector, do i really need one?
i only have 1 exchange server in my organization. why do i need an smtp connector? wouldnt the default virtual smtp server be enough to handle everything? as it stands now, the internet mail wizard created the default smtp connector, and set it to forward all mail to itself basically. i dont think the server needs to act as a bridgehead server for itself, am i right? im getting frequent errors in my logs relating to smtp and dns... however both my smtp and dns setups seem to be working fine. can i get rid of the smtp connector? The SMTP Virtual Server acts as an SMTP connector so you do not...

Reinstalling CRM on a new server
I have CRM 1.2 installed on a server the database is on a separate SQL server, I now would like to upgrade and move the CRM to a new server. Can any one direct me a procedure to do that Just install MS CRM on the new server and choose "Use Existing Databases"...from the IG: 11. On the Select SQL Server page, select the database server (<servername>) that you want to use. Select Create newdatabases or Connect to an existing database, and click Next. John. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5001c42a4f$df5aa860$a101280a@ph...

Can CRM Share an Exchange Server
Hello, We installed CRM on W2K3 server with Exchange 2003 running on it. We are assuming that this configuration will be OK given that they are supporting an install on SBS. Howerver, we had trouble adding users so we uninstalled. Upon reinstalling we keep getting a failure during provisioning. Can anyone shed any light on 1. Is it Ok to put this think on the Exchange Box? The exchange box only supports 10 users, but it is P4 Dual 2.8 Dell 2850 with 2G ram, so it is plenty powerful. 2. What do we do about this failure during the reinstall? Any suggestions as to where to look ...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook / Switching Connection Between Serv
We have 2 CRM3.0 servers, can users switch their laptop client for Outlook between those 2 servers despite that these servers contain different data? How? Will this override their local laptop data everytime? What are the best practices for such a scenario? Hi, You will need to re-install the laptop client with CRM 3.0 each time you want to switch servers. The best option would be to have a centralized server and have the laptop client configured to this server. HTH, Niths "luai7" wrote: > We have 2 CRM3.0 servers, can users switch their laptop client for Outlook >...

Import or link a Label from Word to Access
How do I import or link a Label created in MS Off 2007 Word to a MS Off 2007 Access in order to to link it to a Table. My Label in Word contains more lines to the Label in Access. -- Roger You can't import the Word label. You will need to recreate the label in Access by using the label wizard. You will see it when you press New on the Report tab of the database window. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE7F240-F56C-4188-A754-A3C49AC10C5B@microsoft.com... > How do I import or link a Label created in MS Off 2007 Word to a MS Off &...

Need to add a line with a value in addition to x & y axis
I am trying to create a chart in Excel as clustered columns with th following data (I have also attached a copy of my file from Exce 2002): Division 1 Division 2 Division 3 Division 4 Division 5 2002 18.60 3.49 5.14 8.52 3.75 2003 14.54 3.53 1.96 10.22 7.29 2004 3.50 1.77 0.00 7.28 3.71 The years are shown in the legend, the category axis (division names are at the bottom, and the value axis is on the side. There is also a industry standard that applies to all values (not by year) and I want t have a line that shows where this value is in relation to the yearl values for each division. I ...

Attachments automatically zipped?
I've just moved from a Win98/Outlook 97 to a Win2000 Professional/Outlook 2002 environment. Since the change of machines, every email with an attachment is sent with the attachment zipped. Can anyone explain how this is happneing. I have Powerdesk Pro 5 installed but can't find any option within that which is affecting email attachments. Thanks. Eric Johnson I am having the same problem here Eric on a client pc. I even reinstalled Winzip and Outlook 2002 and Im getting the same result...ugh... >-----Original Message----- >I've just moved from a Win98/Outlook 97 t...

Outlook photo attachments
When I receive a message with photo attachements, I am using ME and outlook 2000, I get the following message when I attempt to open the photos. The file C:/windows\temporary internet files\***\**.jPg (**being the file name and photo name) does not ahve a program associated with it for this action. To create an association double click MY Computer on your desktop. on the view menue, click options, and then click file types. When I open my computer I do not have an options in the view menue. when I attempt to ope file types in the tools under file folder I have several choices and I and...

CRM Add-On to Evaluate a Call
Are there any 3rd party add ons for CRM that will enable a call center manager to evaluate a call either while it is in progress or after it ends? We have a call center, and from time to time there is a manager that listens to the calls in order to monitor quality (particularly with new operators). We want the call center manager to be able to click on a form (via some sort of add on component) that enables the call center manager to rate the call and make comments. The alternative is to make an external system that does this, but then the information will be silo'd outside of CRM which...

Help needed with Circular References
Hi, I am developing a Excel based solution and that requires circular reference in the formulas. However I am ok with setting the limit that each cell be calculated only once. My question is what the order of recalculating cells is. Is it row first starting from A1 or column first starting from A1 or is it the order of entering the cell formulas? Depending upon the order in which the cells are calculated results can change. For example, if the formulas in the cells A1 to A5 are as follows (value in the bracket indicates initial value when formula is entered): A1: A5+1 (1) A2: A1+1 ...

Need help formatting text
I am using OE 6 to read newsgroups and I sometimes post articles that I find on the web, often copying and pasting articles into new messages. However, when I do this, it formats it in such a way that when I open my posts, the paragraphs are separated by at least 3 lines, rather than 1 line. I have tried adding an additional step of pasting articles as unformatted text in word before I paste them in a new message in OE. It seems that no matter what I do, however, I get this weird extra spacing between the paragraphs. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? -- Aloha, G-Ride &qu...

CRM 4.0 Marketing List and track email against the members contact history
Hello, When I send an email to members of a marketing list should the email create a copy in the history of the contact? If this doesnt happen by default is there a way of doing this? Regards Ian ...

Link with PDA
I tried using Outlook as my email client on my desktop and linking that email address to my phone. The problem was that it downloaded the email to the phone and deleted it from Outlook. Can I configure so that the messages stay in Outlook as well as come to my phone? This was in Outlook 2000 "Paul E" wrote: > I tried using Outlook as my email client on my desktop and linking that email > address to my phone. The problem was that it downloaded the email to the > phone and deleted it from Outlook. Can I configure so that the messages stay > in Outlook as...

linking drop down lists
hi, im trying to create a user friendly spreadsheet. i have 2 columns need help with. in the first column i have created a drop down list containing continents of the world. in the second column i want another drop dow list to display only the countries from the continent selected. fo instance. in the first column i have selected africa. how can i make i so that when i have selected africa from the continents drop down list to make the cell next to it (the countries drop down list)( only giv the option of selecting a country from africa instead of all th countries of the world -- reading2...

Access 2000 Link to SQL Server db tables
I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better access to the report and forms in Access. Please let me know the best way to link Access tables to SQL Server database tables. Thanks, On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:36:03 -0800, Joe K. <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would >like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better >access to the report and forms in Access. Plea...

Outlook opening IE links with IE in Classic skin rather than XP theme #2
I am using a black version of the Royale theme in XP. I have modified it to have thinner titlebars. It works fine, but when I open web links in Outlook, IE opens in Classic theme instead if the XP theme. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? Cheers ss. ...