CRM Multiple Companies

MSCRM should have the ability to host multiple companies in one installation
of the product.  Some of our clients have multiple companies within their
business model that are truly seperate.  The next version of CRM needs this
functionality to stay competitive with the other CRM products.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0758dc25-cbbe-4172-a052-cd4b3c669f78&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Good suggestion !! But how the issue of AD will be tackled.

Nitin

"chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:

> MSCRM should have the ability to host multiple companies in one installation
> of the product.  Some of our clients have multiple companies within their
> business model that are truly seperate.  The next version of CRM needs this
> functionality to stay competitive with the other CRM products.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0758dc25-cbbe-4172-a052-cd4b3c669f78&dg=microsoft.public.crm
You have some limited ability to separate an organization by Business Units
in the current version, and you can have completely separate installations of
CRM on the same domain (search newsgroup for more info) but the next CRM
release (due out in 2007 and code-names Titan) will support true
multi-tenancy. This is supposed to enable economical hosting of CRM by
partners, but should also allow for one company that needs multiple disctinct
CRM systems.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:

> MSCRM should have the ability to host multiple companies in one installation
> of the product.  Some of our clients have multiple companies within their
> business model that are truly seperate.  The next version of CRM needs this
> functionality to stay competitive with the other CRM products.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0758dc25-cbbe-4172-a052-cd4b3c669f78&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Help With CRM Features
Hello All.... I am cinsidering purchasing CRM for my Win2003 Server. But have a few questions... Do I need exchange to access the CRM Software.... (in that case, would it be easier to but a SBS 2003 server, add it to my domain, and then install the CRM on that) Also, can I fax out of CRM. Our business is quite small, but Faxing is quite important. Can I fax and recieve faxes using CRM, or is that a Win2003 thing? (also can I share the fax for multiple users?) Responses much appreciated... Thanks, Dekkar This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_09AF_01C45697....

Replicated AD in CRM
Hi, We have a potential client but need to clarify somthing. This company has a branch overseas, and another here in Melbourne Australia. Their AD is based in the overseas branch, the AD here is replicated with the one overseas. The overseas branch has Sieble and the Melbourne branch is wanting to install the Microsoft CRM. How will this work with the AD being replicated? When we do the install will we need to do anything with the AD in the overseas branch? Any help muchly appreciated. Thanks. Can you clarity your domain structure. Does the overseas branch use the same domain as the...

MS - CRM Grid - Page Size
Hi all How can I set/ change the number of rows shown ( on my server currently it is 50) in MS Grid ? Thanks in advanced Makarand This can be done on a per-user basis by going to Tools | Options... | Records Per Page. Aaron Elder =============================================== Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Core Application Development Team =============================================== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Makarand" <makarand_keer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:64138a8a.0410110522.71899cb...

CRM Outlook Client for laptop
Has anyone came across Microsoft CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook Deployment? If yes, could you please provide a link with the corresponding downloads? It is a part of the MS CRM package. It is the same CD as the desktop client. Sean "Julia S" <Julia S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1667C9A-BE4D-4DCD-8895-9D7DC76907A2@microsoft.com... > Has anyone came across Microsoft CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook > Deployment? > If yes, could you please provide a link with the corresponding downloads? > Thanks! But probably there is a link to CRM...

Problems with CRM install
hi all, I just cannot get CRM 1.2 going at work. I'm trying to install on 2003 Server and following the MS instructions to the letter but keep getting the error when I hit the CRM install "... Cannot create CRM database" Please help with any sugestions -- it's driving me crazy! Hi Daniel, - Are you logged on as a Domain Admin? Do you have also Local Admin privilege? - Are the CRM Server and The SQL Server within the same domain? If not they had to.. - Are you trying to install CRM on a SQL's Named instance? Because CRM only support install on the default SQL Name...

multiple files open upon startup
Every Time when I open Excel 2007 after updating from 2003 - multiple files (140 to be exact) open before I can even select open file to get the one I want. I went online and download updates today, now it opens 243 files. I have closed each one, tried to close group (it won't let me), deleted files all to no avail. How can I stop files from opening automatically upon starting Excel? It's very frustrating HELP PLEASE I have tried getting ahold of microsoft directly and can't get any help here either. I'm stuck without help. Can anyone please help me????? ...

MULTIPLE COPIES USING SELECTOBJECT
I need to be able to tell the printer how many copies to print depending on the type of invoice. I am using the following logic DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, rst!ReportName, False DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2 However, the database window is not visible when users are running the program. How do I get it so that the db window does not pop up when they go to print? I do not want print preview, it has to be a direct print sent to the printer. Any help appreciated. Kim P -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 ...

Problem Keeping Tasks Synced w/Multiple Computer
Hello, I am currently managing an exchange server SP2 and I am having trouble keeping multiple computers synced up properly. For example, I have users which regularly use a desktop with outlook 2003 and occasionally use a laptop. When the users turn on the laptop (which hasn't been synced with the server for a few days) all of the tasks which were marked as completed since the last sync reappear as uncompleted on the server and hence on the desktop. Does anyone know of a solution to prevent this? Thanks for the help, Bill ...

Multiple listings
I don't really know if this the right form or how to describe what information I'm looking for... but I'll try this first: I have a tables for the folowing items: product types, product layers, application methods, manufacturer names, a table named after each manufacturer and a table with fields for manufacturer name, product type, application method and product name. I ended up with all these tables because I do not know how to filter out duplicate items from a query. For example: there are 4 ways to apply "Item3". Like so... Item1 - Apply1 Item1 - Apply2 Item2 -...

Problem: emails being sent multiple times
Outlook Express on Vista. I have a colleague who has a problem that some of his emails are being sent many many times eg 50 or 100 times. He only clicks send once. Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix? Cheers Alec There is no Outlook Express on Vista On Vista it is Windows Mail and all relevant questions about it should = be posted to the microsoft.public.vista.mail newsgroup --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Alec" <alecmcq@tpg.com.au> wrote in message ...

Pivot from multiple sheets 05-28-10
hi, i have the below data and i need to make pivot from multiple sheets.i have tried to make by selecting multiple consolidation ranges, bbut it is not giving me the flexibility that is available while doing in a single sheet... Month Processor Process Jan Mark Manual Feb Henry Automatic Jan Chad Automatic Mar Mark Automatic Apr Mark Manual Jan Chad Automatic Jan Henry Manual Apr Henry Manual Feb Mark Automatic Mar Chad Manual Jan Mark Automatic it gives the belowformat... Row Process Processor Grand Total Jan 15 15 30 Feb 6 6 12 Mar 6 6 12 Apr 6 6 12 Total 33 33 66 ...

CRM 1.0 Server License
I have a client that has been running CRM 1.0 and isn't sure if a server license was required back then or if they have a license for it now. Are they grandfathered in with the server license for 1.2 and 3.0? If they are current with the software assurance, then they will be able to upgrade their licenses free of charge. There were server licenses for v1.0 as well. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Brian Jones" <BrianJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D497654-5EE8-4C80-9305-088798DA25C8@microsoft.com... I have a client that has been runnin...

Outlook HTTP Synchronization and CRM 3
Dear all, I have just had a brief look through the deployment guide and cant seem to find mention of the ports that the CRM 3 Client for Outlook uses for sync of the CRM data ? Reason for my question is that a client is using Outlook 2003 HTTP sync for Exchange data and I need to find out if the CRM3 sync would also work over HTTP ? For security they are currently using one of those SSL VPN type appliances. Not being a firewall expert does anyone know if the Outlook client syncs up over SSL VPNs ? Any thoughts much appreciated. Cheers, The CRM Outlook client does not support RPC over HT...

Will CRM for Outlook work when using Exchange RPC over HTTPS?
I just got RPC over HTTPS working for Outlook to access the exchange server over the internet without a VPN. Does anyone know if it's possible to make CRM work as well? Or is a VPN required? Thanks. No as CRM requires access to the SQL server, VPN access is required. "sebgood" wrote: > I just got RPC over HTTPS working for Outlook to access the exchange server > over the internet without a VPN. Does anyone know if it's possible to make > CRM work as well? Or is a VPN required? > > Thanks. ...

CRM for Outlook Calendar not working
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2003 on my laptop, and the CRM Sales for Outlook is installed and working fine, except for the Calendar. I am unable to create a CRM Appointment and a CRM Contact, but the Tasks, Email, and Promote Email work fine. Any help would be great. As I use a Pocket PC for all of my appointment scheduling. RCWM well, what do you mean its not working?........... -Gary "RCWM" <robmorgan@proactiveit.com.au> wrote in message news:16fae01c44862$fa204430$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I am using Outlook 2003 on my laptop, and the CRM Sales ...

Can Exchange 2003 server host multiple AD domains email
I have two domains that share a trust. One domain has a 2003 Exchange server. I would like this email server to host mail for the trusted domain also. Can the Exchange server host mail for both domains. -- bltmayo I'm assuming you are talking about domains as in "Active Directory" and not SMTP. Are these two domains in the same AD forest? If so, yes, easily. Run SETUP /DOMAINPREP on the other domain, then create an additional RUS in your Exchange System Manager that points to a DC in the other domain. If it is a separate domain, you can still do this, but you will nee...

VPN for CRM Very Slow
Hi sir, We are using CRM1.2 previously, but all VPN users complaints that our CRM too slow. So we migrate to CRM3.0, upgrade ISP to 4mbps, update CRM Server Dual Xeon CPU 3.0Ghz ~ 2GB RAM, update to 1GB Cable and Switch . But now, all VPN users still complaints CRM very slow. What can i do? I have surf information at Internet and change REGEDIT, Install hotfix and increase Cache Memory. But still same results. Please help !!!! Try this for starters: In IIS, browse to the file '<crm virtual dir>/_common/scripts/Stage.js', show properties, goto 'HTTP Headers&#...

CRM OUtlook Client.
I have successfully installed the client. I have gone offiline and back on line with no problems with a basic set of data. Ihave now extended the data set by selecting the local data option oin the CRM option within outlook and gone offine with no problems. I have then restared outlook and it uses almost 2GB or rame 80 plus percent of CPU and takes over 12 hours to open outlook and use it. Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this since I have been without email for days since the opening ouf outlook keeps failing when connect to the LAN. I can open outlook when offline and can use it,...

CRM locking up Outlook
I have several users that I installed CRM 3.0 on for testing. Everyone has been working fine. I am now in the process of installing the client on additional users, and every one of them now has an issue of locking up Outlook if you click on any CRM folder or menu item. None of the users that were originally installed is having this problem. Does anyone know of an issue that may be causing this? Thanks If you find a solution, please let me know. This issue occurs regularly for my users. I am using Vista with Office 2007. I've tried the latest CRM client update, and I am not 100%...

Using CRM Bulk Import Wizard with Excel 2007
Hello, a number of our hosted Microsoft CRM customers have reported difficulties when using the CRM Bulk Import Wizard with a CSV file generated from Microsoft Excel 2007. It seems that Excel 2007 no longer uses double quotes (") as a field data delimiter, and there are no options or other Excel 2007 formats that will achieve this. (No idea why Microsoft disabled this option in Excel 2007!) Users are having to import their Excel spreadsheet into Access 2007 then export as a TXT file, which Access formats with double quotes as a the field data delimeter by default. Or resort to an ...

Problem "Going Offline" with Dynamics CRM 3.0, SBS 2003sp1 and XPs
My Configuration - all with the latest updates applied: Small Business Server 2003sp1 Exchange 2003sp2 SQL Server 2000sp4 Dynamics CRM 3.0 - with update rollup 1 Windows XPsp2 Desktop Windows XPsp2 Laptop Outlook 2003sp2 Hotfix KB_931270 installed - needed to stop Outlook from crashing on both the Desktop & Laptop. This is a fresh install of Dynamics CRM with 1 client and 33 contacts - NO other data. Problem: Attempts to have CRM "Go Offline" are unsuccessfull. "Failed move data for entity 'Note' during action salnsert, countRows=1. Contact your system adm...

rank/small with multiple ranges
I'd like to refer to 3 different ranges of numbers and make a new list which(when copying down the formula) creates a list of all the numbers in ascending order. Can I use the rank function across multiple ranges? say a1-a10, c1-c10, and e1-e10(so you can't highlight the whole rnge in one shot) and make g1 show the smallest number in all the ranges, g2 show the second smallest, etc. tia, Dave Enter this & fill down 30 rows: =LARGE(($A$1:$A$10,$C$1:$C$10,$E$1:$E$10),ROW(A1)) "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d0701c52fc4$95...

CRM licenses order
I recently ordered some extra licenses for our CRM system, and our reseller dragged their feet throughout the whole process. The last thing they did was give me this "Microsoft Open License Order Confirmationi", and it has license and authorization numbers, and was told that I would shortly receive a link to where I can enter this and get my new CRM keys......... I really can't wait any longer for these people, so do any MS Partners out there know this site where I can finish this up? thx, Gary https://mbs.microsoft.com/mbsregistration/ChooseRelationship.aspx &quo...

Cannot Import Outlook Contacts through CRM 3.0 Web Client
All, I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM 3.0. When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the Tools menu. What may have missed here that has rendered this component unavailable? My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements Kind Regards, Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging) mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/ Hi Pete; Your user is likley in 'restricted mode'. Click Settings-->Business Uni...

Access to MS CRM data by non-licensed users
What is the best way for a non-licensed user to access MS CRM data? Has anyone from Microsoft ever stated that you can access the MS CRM SQL database directly with a SELECT statement and not break the licence agreement? Can anyone copy the MS CRM data into another database and access that data without a license? Can anyone use the MS CRM filtered views to either access the MS CRM database directly or to make copies of the data? Has anyone written an MS CRM add-on application that pass the certification test which directly reads MS CRM data? If the MS CRM license is only for the software, ...