CRM Mobile 1st time registration

I have two new hp phone edition PDA's with MS OS installed. I used the
selfSSL to create a certificate. On the first users PDA the installation of
the .exe package worked fine. But when I tryed to add another PDA I get the
following error event log message.

Exiting service abruptly. Details: Exception details :
	Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider
	Message : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view
'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.

SQL exception
Procedure :
Line#     : 1
Message   : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view
'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
Source    : .Net SqlClient Data Provider	Exception Contents :
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: User does not have permission to perform
this operation on view 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
   at
Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.Exceptions.MbsMoException.Throw(Exception exception)
   at
Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.RdaMessageBus.RdaMessageBus.ProcessInBoundMessages(ScheduleItem item)
   at
Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.EndPointScheduling.Scheduler.ExecuteScheduledItem(Object item)

Both uswers have all permissios in CRM. They have working access to CRM
client in the browser and in Outlook. Now the first installed PDA refuse to
sync. I have done a complete reinstallation with a new certificate and
removed the old one. All the reccomended steps in troubleshooting
certificates are taken, to see were the problem occures. I even disabled the
SSL without success. I can use the IE on the PDA without any problem, so
there are no connection problem. What are the problem?
0
Henrik1 (32)
11/30/2004 8:43:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you customize the MSCRM before the problem started occurring? Try the
following:

1. Use the sql server enterprise manager to view the MSCRM Mobile databases
and alter one of them

2. Go to the database <Your Org>_MSCRMMobileSubscriptions

3. Go to users under that database and right click and display properties of
the sqlaccessgroup user

4. Give this user the ddladmin role in the properties dialog.

5. If you are using MSCRM under the NETWORK SERVICE account give that user
the ddlamin role as well.

"Henrik" wrote:

> I have two new hp phone edition PDA's with MS OS installed. I used the
> selfSSL to create a certificate. On the first users PDA the installation of
> the .exe package worked fine. But when I tryed to add another PDA I get the
> following error event log message.
>
> Exiting service abruptly. Details: Exception details :
> 	Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider
> 	Message : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view
> 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
>
> SQL exception
> Procedure :
> Line#     : 1
> Message   : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view
> 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
> Source    : .Net SqlClient Data Provider	Exception Contents :
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: User does not have permission to perform
> this operation on view 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
>    at
> Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.Exceptions.MbsMoException.Throw(Exception exception)
>    at
> Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.RdaMessageBus.RdaMessageBus.ProcessInBoundMessages(ScheduleItem item)
>    at
> Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.EndPointScheduling.Scheduler.ExecuteScheduledItem(Object item)

> Both uswers have all permissios in CRM. They have working access to CRM
> client in the browser and in Outlook. Now the first installed PDA refuse to
> sync. I have done a complete reinstallation with a new certificate and
> removed the old one. All the reccomended steps in troubleshooting
> certificates are taken, to see were the problem occures. I even disabled the
> SSL without success. I can use the IE on the PDA without any problem, so
> there are no connection problem. What are the problem?
No, this does not resolve the problem. We have not any customized CRM yet.

/Henrik

"arif" wrote:

> Did you customize the MSCRM before the problem started occurring? Try the
> following:
>
> 1. Use the sql server enterprise manager to view the MSCRM Mobile databases
> and alter one of them
>
> 2. Go to the database <Your Org>_MSCRMMobileSubscriptions
>
> 3. Go to users under that database and right click and display properties of
> the sqlaccessgroup user
>
> 4. Give this user the ddladmin role in the properties dialog.
>
> 5. If you are using MSCRM under the NETWORK SERVICE account give that user
> the ddlamin role as well.
>

> "Henrik" wrote:
>
> > I have two new hp phone edition PDA's with MS OS installed. I used the
> > selfSSL to create a certificate. On the first users PDA the installation of
> > the .exe package worked fine. But when I tryed to add another PDA I get the
> > following error event log message.
> >
> > Exiting service abruptly. Details: Exception details :
> > 	Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider
> > 	Message : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view
> > 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
> >
> > SQL exception
> > Procedure :
> > Line#     : 1
> > Message   : User does not have permission to perform this operation on view
> > 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
> > Source    : .Net SqlClient Data Provider	Exception Contents :
> > System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: User does not have permission to perform
> > this operation on view 'dbo.MSCRMComputedSchemaVersion'.
> >    at
> > Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.Exceptions.MbsMoException.Throw(Exception exception)
> >    at
> > Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.RdaMessageBus.RdaMessageBus.ProcessInBoundMessages(ScheduleItem item)
> >    at
> > Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.EndPointScheduling.Scheduler.ExecuteScheduledItem(Object item)

> > Both uswers have all permissios in CRM. They have working access to CRM
> > client in the browser and in Outlook. Now the first installed PDA refuse to
> > sync. I have done a complete reinstallation with a new certificate and
> > removed the old one. All the reccomended steps in troubleshooting
> > certificates are taken, to see were the problem occures. I even disabled the
> > SSL without success. I can use the IE on the PDA without any problem, so
> > there are no connection problem. What are the problem?
Can you provide some more information:

Which service is failing, integration service or registration service?

Is SQL on the same box or a different box? I assume it is on a different box.

What accounts are your services running as?

Did you modify anything post install?

What is your OS?

to restate the problem - this is not about device connectivity, it is about
creating views in the mobile subscriptions database. One of the services is
unable to create views because of permissions.

The service user (localsystem) is a member of the sql access group so giving
that group ddladmin rights to the mobilesubscriptions database should work.

Alternatively

If you are a MBS partner/customer call: 1-800-456-0025

If you are NOT a MBS partner/customer call: 1-800-Microsoft

for support.

We changed the Mobile Crm 1.2 installation item URL from the local server
name to the crm.domain name and it worked.

"Arif" wrote:

> Alternatively
>
> If you are a MBS partner/customer call: 1-800-456-0025
>
> If you are NOT a MBS partner/customer call: 1-800-Microsoft
>
> for support.

CRM Exchange Queue Service Error 07-14-04

MS CRM 1.2 or 3.0 Examination Details
Hi Folks, i will highly appriciate if you anyone could help me to tell about Microsoft CRM Administration & Customiation Exams Details as. Two Question: 1) Is there any MS CRM Administration (Installation & Configuration)Exams available for 1.2 or 3.0 Version. 2) If exams are available then what are the codes for both 1.2 & 3.0 MS CRM Exam Codes. Your early response will be highly appriciated. Regards, Sab Sab, For CRM 3.0 the exam is CRM-30-421: CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration For CRM 1.2 the exam is MS-03-010: Microsoft CRM Installation & Configuration R1.2...

CRM Demo VPC 07-10-07
Does anyone know the status of the New CRM Demo VPC? Does anyone know the status of the Extended version of the old CRM Demo VPC? (Like if they fixed the corrupt .rar files, are they re-releasing it) I'm guessing you've probably already seen Menno's post on his blog about this, but for anyone else who comes across this thread, here's a good place to get updated on the status of the VPC: http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/ -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "MD" wrote: > Does anyone know the status of the New CRM Demo VPC? > Does ...

Document in Times New Roman
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Document sent to me in Times New Roman does no open up with text, only squiggly horizontal lines Ensure you have updated both Mac OS X and Microsoft Office. OS X should show you an update level of 10.6.2, Office 12.2.3. Cheers On 5/03/10 12:52 PM, in article 59bb3f30.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "gjanson@officeformac.com" <gjanson@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Document sent to > me in Times New Roman does no open up with text, only squig...

Missing sections in CRM 3.0 using XP
I have upgraded my computer to XP PRO Sp2 and now I'm missing some sections, namely Setting on the left side of the screen. The Setting menu is in the GOTO menu but it doesn't work. I get a blank screen. Also the Articles function is missing in the NEW Menu. I can go to another computer running WIN2KPro and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a setting in the Internet Options of IE but I have compared and don't notice a difference. Yes, I have turned off the local firewall. Ernest ------=_NextPart_0001_7245F7CE Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

CRM with trusts
Can any technical exchange infastructure designers please help. I am struggling to envision the issues or architecture that occurs when you have two email servers setup over a trust between seperate forests; Lets say that all mail traffic flows through network (A) but smtp-sub domain is setup for CRM application on network (B). If you utilise sub-domain emails eg @crm.company.com, are you forced into using a seperate email profile altogether? I want to avoid replicating all mail traffic to the network on (B) just for the sake of it, and I don't want to migrate users to network (B) either...

CRM 4.o
Does anybody knows where I could find info and screenshots of the coming release (CRM 4.O. Titan)? We have CRM 3 and by the end of August I have to decide about the renewal of the related SA. We are not interested in the hosted option and, maybe because we use it with SBS 2003, our overall experience with CRM 3.XX so far has been far from great. TIA Stefano Hello Stefano, All partners participating in Titan program had to sign an NDA, meaning no one can share info about this release nor the private discussion groups. But you can expect major changes that will certainly lead the softwar...

Save CRM Settings in Outlook error
I have this problem: When I go to the Options in CRM 4.0 online client for Outlook, I'm not able to save any changes - after pressing OK button nothing happens. When clicking on Cancel button it causes an error with a message "Microsoft Dynamics CRM encountered an error ...". Any idea what's wrong? I'm running Windows Vista, Office 2007. Thanks Jan I'm trying out the demo version supplied by Microsoft in a pre-made virtual machine, and have exactly the same problem. If you just press cancel, it cancels ok. But pressing ok does nothing, and then pressing cancel ...

Yet, another TIME problem
Okay, I will attempt to explain my situation without just confusin anyone who reads this. I have a time sheet. It consists of the following fields: Time Started/Lunch Begin/Lunch End/Time Ended/Total Time/Over Time In the first four fields the cells are number format (looks lik military time but in reality it isn't) ie: 0630/1130/1230/1600 In the fifth field, the total time is a decimal value. It always read 8.00 or less and carries the remainder,if any, to the over time fiel which is also decimal value. The overtime has to be reported in quarte hour increments ie: .15, .25, .50, .75....

Sitemap error when logging into CRM as admin
We have just installed Cisco CCC in our test environment. Now whenever I login into the crm web client as Administrator I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The required attribute 'version' is missing. An error occurred at , (1, 2). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Microsoft.Crm.Errors.CR...

bizuser.srv not supported in CRM 4.0 ?
We have an application that gets userauth like this // BizUser proxy object bizUser = new Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser(); bizUser.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; bizUser.Url = strDir + "BizUser.srf"; userAuth = bizUser.WhoAmI(); but it gives error 404 when connecting to CRM 4.0. I can see that all the ..srf files are missing from the mscrmservices directory, what should we use instead to easy get the app running again. On Mar 24, 12:48=A0pm, "CRM Master" <no_s...@spam.com> wrote: > We have an application that gets us...

Enable/Disable User update time on Exchange 2003
When I enable or disable a user in AD, it take a long time for those updates to take effect in Exchange. How can I set/change the time that it takes to update this info? Thanks, Craig ...

Uninstalling the CRM 3.0 Laptop Client
How do you uninstall the CRM 3.0 MSDE instance (database) from the laptop? I went in into Add and remove programs and uninstalled the CRM laptop client. I also went to uninstall the MSDE that was installed when i installed CRM 3.0 Laptop Client. I went into Add and Remove programs and selected SQL Server 2005 and clicked on change. Then under Remove SQL Server 2005 instance components I select the CRM:Database Engine and click next. When it's finished I look in the Microsoft SQL Server folder MSQL1, MSQL, Data and the databases are still there. What are the steps to completely remov...

CRM reports error
We have been having difficulty with our reports since we moved the reporting services and SQL to 2005 on a cluster. I have ran through the double hop authentication document and made the relevant changes. I have switched on deverrors on and this is the error message I get when clicking on "reports" on client PC's: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurre...

CRM Sales for Outlook Client
H I have installed CRM V1.2. Installation was 100% perfect. However, I am experiencing problems when installing the sales client for outlook. After specifying the url where the website is hosted, an error appears stating that no crm server components were located. I am unable to continue from there. OS: Windows XP, SP Office: Office 200 Please find attached the log file [19:48:05] CSetup::Initialize result: 0x0 [19:48:05] Checking v1 product GUID: {505D5841-FB9D-452A-9381-6AD6904769AB} [19:48:05] Checking component GUID: {0C5FCCD4-3F44-4d2a-A68D-3FE77927BF1F} [19:48:05] No existing CRM ...

Buy bulk 2nd hand mobile phone in India
GSM/PCS/CDMA any brand any model 1 pcs or bulk buy send details to gzgimsun@163.net OR call +91 943338809 # Credit card M.Jayathirth 4217 5755 0909 3275 Ex. 05-2007 ...

calculating time formula
Hi, i want to set up a time summation calculation in excel. for example i put in how many hours i've working on something over a number of days down one column and a "Total hours and mins worked" cell somewhere else just adds all my inputs in hour and min format. eg. 03:20 (ie. 3 hours 20 mins) - thanks for any comments. Hi just enter your time values in Ex^cel's time format and use a formula such as =SUM(A1:A10) Important: Format your target cell with the custom format [hh]:mm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nick" <ad@asd.com> schrieb im ...

Formula and field types for calculating times
Hello, I don't get it how to format fields and apply some formula to calculate with time-differences. Example: I want the difference of two time fields expressed as decimal-number. 12:30 - 08:15 = 4.25 (4 hours and 15 minutes) =24*("12:30"-"8:15") and format as General -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007d To learn all about calculating with time, visit Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingTimes -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Hans-Martin Burger" <MartHof@gmx.de> wrote in message ne...

CRM <-> Exchange Server Calendar
Is there any way in CRM 3.0 to link the User calendar to the matching Exchange calendar other that via the outlook client which I cant get to work ovr RPC HTTPS thanks in advance ...

Time
[TIME WHAT IS TIME] Time, what is time ? do we have all the time in the world , are we ready to give it up in a split second ? can we stop time a will , just by thinking about it , or just by snapping our fingers ? Time , how much power do we have over you ? let's see ; it's eight o' clock in the morning , but you start work at seven o'clock in the morning ! you're late , what can you do about it ? let's see , snap your fingers to see what happens . did time change , is it seven in the morning ? no , off-course not , I ...

Re: Aug 1st, will it be "E.L.E."?
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:41:14 -0500, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote: >AND I've subscribed to this same NG on my ISP's news server, which I think >is Giganews. That NG now shows 69,997 messages (back to 5/8/2005), because >I chose to download "All Messages" one time and patiently waited for hours >as they were all downloaded via cable. Then I used Catch Up to mark them >all read. I've read some of the messages received there since then, but not >all, since I'm also reading them here; I currently show 234 unread i...

CRM
Suggestion for further releases to be able to see notes across related entities (See notes from the Contacts on the Accounts etc.) Cheers ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...

Removing 1st Exchange 2000 server
The very first server in our Exchange environment is old and it's ready for retirement. We are going to wipe out the server and rebuild it for some light task. All mailboxes, public folder and SMTP functionality are moved to newer servers. This is the very first server we built years ago in our Exchange 2000 environment, I am wondering if there is any special thing we need to do except uninstalling Exchange. Is there any "role" in Exchange like Schema master for AD, that needs special care? Yes, this article covers all things you may need to re-home. How to remove the fi...

CRM 3.0 & SBS 2003 Prem. Issues
I just picked up a new client running SBS 2003 Prem with CRM 3.0 The previous consultant was not doing any monitoring so when I turned it on Yikes! CRM was screaming errors. I'm not familiar with CRM but yes with SBS and SQL but I am hoping there are some whitepapers I can find that talk about installation and configuration issues and resolutions that can help me. I am not told today from the client that CRM will not even come up. I tried a simple reboot of the server and even a restart of IIS services but no success. Something is not configured correctly or has gone bad. The...

reset Run Time 2501
I am trapping the 2501 Error after someone closes an email without sending it. So in the ErrorRoutine, I am asking them to send it. If they click okay, then it runs SendObject again. However if they close it without sending it again, the END/DEBUG dialog box with RUNTIME ERROR 2501 shows up again. I have tried ERR.CLEAR but it doesn't help. Below is part of my code. Anyone have any ideas? ************** Code Snippet Start *************************** SendIt: DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, strBody, acFormatTXT, _ sAddress, , , "New Stuff", strBody, True RoutineExit: G...