CRM Mobile 07-20-05

Hi

I wonder if someone can give a definitive answer for me regarding CRM
mobile:

If a sales guy is out in the field using a PDA with Pocket PC and CRM mobile
installed, can he syncronise over GPRS with the server?  It looks to me that
he may have to lug a notebook around with him and have to fire that up,
tunnel a VPN and then sync through that - surely not!

......brings back a joke I once heard about a a guy who bought a wrist watch
that could do everything but couldn't pick up the suitcase that had the
battery in.

Any one using it can tell me if this is right?

Thanks

Pete C

0
Pete
7/20/2005 2:26:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I might be wrong but I think you can do this without the VPN on the laptop.
That is why the certificates are required on the site etc...  Not 100%
positive

"Pete C" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wonder if someone can give a definitive answer for me regarding CRM
> mobile:
>
> If a sales guy is out in the field using a PDA with Pocket PC and CRM mobile
> installed, can he syncronise over GPRS with the server?  It looks to me that
> he may have to lug a notebook around with him and have to fire that up,
> tunnel a VPN and then sync through that - surely not!
>
> ......brings back a joke I once heard about a a guy who bought a wrist watch
> that could do everything but couldn't pick up the suitcase that had the
> battery in.
>
> Any one using it can tell me if this is right?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete C

this is saying that you can connect to your network over gprs but cannot
access crm mobile data which is what i have heard

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, Peter
>
> I have found that page 40 of the CRM Mobile installation guide gives
options
> for the install package for the moibile device and states:
>
> GPRS Network Settings
>
> If the mobile user will be using GPRS wireless technology to connect to
your
> network, this installation item specifies the access point name (APN) and
> account information. You can get the access point information from your
> wireless provider.
>
> Note that GPRS access to Microsoft CRM Mobile data is not provided.
>

> This seems a crazy statement as it seems to imply that you can set
something
> that cannot be used - or am I missing something?
>

> Pete C
>

> "Peter Bertell" <PeterBertell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I might be wrong but I think you can do this without the VPN on the
> laptop.
> > That is why the certificates are required on the site etc...  Not 100%
> > positive
> >
> > "Pete C" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I wonder if someone can give a definitive answer for me regarding CRM
> > > mobile:
> > >
> > > If a sales guy is out in the field using a PDA with Pocket PC and CRM
> mobile
> > > installed, can he syncronise over GPRS with the server?  It looks to
me
> that
> > > he may have to lug a notebook around with him and have to fire that
up,
> > > tunnel a VPN and then sync through that - surely not!
> > >
> > > ......brings back a joke I once heard about a a guy who bought a wrist
> watch
> > > that could do everything but couldn't pick up the suitcase that had
the
> > > battery in.
> > >
> > > Any one using it can tell me if this is right?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Pete C

0
John
7/21/2005 6:28:15 AM
Thanks, Peter

I have found that page 40 of the CRM Mobile installation guide gives options
for the install package for the moibile device and states:

GPRS Network Settings

If the mobile user will be using GPRS wireless technology to connect to your
network, this installation item specifies the access point name (APN) and
account information. You can get the access point information from your
wireless provider.

Note that GPRS access to Microsoft CRM Mobile data is not provided.

This seems a crazy statement as it seems to imply that you can set something
that cannot be used - or am I missing something?

Pete C

"Peter Bertell" <PeterBertell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I might be wrong but I think you can do this without the VPN on the
laptop.
> That is why the certificates are required on the site etc...  Not 100%
> positive
>
> "Pete C" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I wonder if someone can give a definitive answer for me regarding CRM
> > mobile:
> >
> > If a sales guy is out in the field using a PDA with Pocket PC and CRM
mobile
> > installed, can he syncronise over GPRS with the server?  It looks to me
that
> > he may have to lug a notebook around with him and have to fire that up,
> > tunnel a VPN and then sync through that - surely not!
> >
> > ......brings back a joke I once heard about a a guy who bought a wrist
watch
> > that could do everything but couldn't pick up the suitcase that had the
> > battery in.
> >
> > Any one using it can tell me if this is right?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Pete C

0
Pete
7/21/2005 8:15:58 AM
John

Thanks - I assume that means that my initial supposition that the mobile
device needs to go through another machine to syncronise with the the CRM
server is correct then.  And as it needs an active sync partnership with
that machine then the option of sync'ing the mobile device whilst out and
about without the use of a notebook that has a VPN is not possible.

If anyone has any first hand knowledge if this is the case I would
appreciate it.

Pete C

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:OwZXp4cjFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> this is saying that you can connect to your network over gprs but cannot
> access crm mobile data which is what i have heard
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Peter
> >
> > I have found that page 40 of the CRM Mobile installation guide gives
> options
> > for the install package for the moibile device and states:
> >
> > GPRS Network Settings
> >
> > If the mobile user will be using GPRS wireless technology to connect to
> your
> > network, this installation item specifies the access point name (APN)
and
> > account information. You can get the access point information from your
> > wireless provider.
> >
> > Note that GPRS access to Microsoft CRM Mobile data is not provided.
> >

> > This seems a crazy statement as it seems to imply that you can set
> something
> > that cannot be used - or am I missing something?
> >

> > Pete C
> >

> > "Peter Bertell" <PeterBertell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > I might be wrong but I think you can do this without the VPN on the
> > laptop.
> > > That is why the certificates are required on the site etc...  Not 100%
> > > positive

CRM

CRM
> > mobile
> me
> > that
> up,

> > watch
> the

0
Pete
7/21/2005 8:44:04 AM
Hi Pete,

You can sync the CRM Mobile over GPRS.  I have setup a demo for a customer
that did this.  What would you like to know?

You may also wish to consider the offering by flyingspark OR tendigits if
you have a blackberry

Regards

> John
>
> Thanks - I assume that means that my initial supposition that the mobile
> device needs to go through another machine to syncronise with the the CRM
> server is correct then.  And as it needs an active sync partnership with
> that machine then the option of sync'ing the mobile device whilst out and
> about without the use of a notebook that has a VPN is not possible.
>
> If anyone has any first hand knowledge if this is the case I would
> appreciate it.
>
> Pete C
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:OwZXp4cjFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> this is saying that you can connect to your network over gprs but cannot
>> access crm mobile data which is what i have heard
>>
>> --
>> John O'Donnell
>> Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>>

>> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, Peter
>> >
>> > I have found that page 40 of the CRM Mobile installation guide gives
>> options
>> > for the install package for the moibile device and states:
>> >
>> > GPRS Network Settings
>> >
>> > If the mobile user will be using GPRS wireless technology to connect to
>> your
>> > network, this installation item specifies the access point name (APN)
> and
>> > account information. You can get the access point information from your
>> > wireless provider.
>> >
>> > Note that GPRS access to Microsoft CRM Mobile data is not provided.
>> >

>> > This seems a crazy statement as it seems to imply that you can set
>> something
>> > that cannot be used - or am I missing something?
>> >

>> > Pete C
>> >

>> > "Peter Bertell" <PeterBertell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>> > laptop.

> CRM

> CRM
>> > mobile
>> me
>> > that
>> up,

> wrist
>> > watch
>> the

0
Mike
7/25/2005 5:45:39 PM
Hi Mike

Yes, I would really like to know as Microsoft have definitively told me that
I cannot!  I already have a contact with FlyingSpark but my prospect didn't
want to be spending any more than the MSCRM licenses.  I would be looking to
use a GPRS card in the PDA and connect up through a VPN to the corporate
network and then though to the CRM Server to sync- would that be right?

You're not THE Mike Read are you?.....oh no, wrong spelling!  Bet you've
never heard that one.

Regards

Pete

"Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Pete,
>
> You can sync the CRM Mobile over GPRS.  I have setup a demo for a customer
> that did this.  What would you like to know?
>
> You may also wish to consider the offering by flyingspark OR tendigits if
> you have a blackberry
>
> Regards
>

> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message
> > John
> >
> > Thanks - I assume that means that my initial supposition that the mobile
> > device needs to go through another machine to syncronise with the the
CRM
> > server is correct then.  And as it needs an active sync partnership with
> > that machine then the option of sync'ing the mobile device whilst out
and
> > about without the use of a notebook that has a VPN is not possible.
> >
> > If anyone has any first hand knowledge if this is the case I would
> > appreciate it.
> >
> > Pete C
> >

> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > message news:OwZXp4cjFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> this is saying that you can connect to your network over gprs but
cannot
> >> access crm mobile data which is what i have heard
> >>
> >> --
> >> John O'Donnell
> >> Microsoft CRM MVP
> >> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
> >>

> >> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message

> >> options

> >> your
> > and

> >> something

> > message

> > CRM

> > CRM
> >> me
> >> up,

> > wrist
> >> the

0
Pete
7/26/2005 8:20:16 PM
Hi Pete,

Yes, that is basically it!. You will need to be able to "surf" from the PDA
and to access any web page on the crmserver.  Once you have this configured
then install the crm mobile and config the certificate for address/name of
the crm server.

My test scenario was:

vm demo image exposed to the internet, router configured to pass port 80 to
the crm website.
PDA configured to access the web from GPRS, MSN etc....
PDA connected to my phone using BT,  GRPS connection using vodafone, CRM
Mobile cert pointing to my ISP IP address. Cert generated with the test cert
software.

MS state they only support cradled syncs with the PC connected to the VPN ,
I suspect they have only tested it in this scenario.  It is also worth
remembering that the quality of GPRS in some areas is not very good , and if
the signal drops during a sync you may have a corrupt DB on the PDA.

You will need to make the prospect aware of the risks and suggest that they
sync whilst not moving and in an area of good reception.

HTH

Mike
(no relation to Mike Read the DJ or the Pat/Peggies husband!!)

> Hi Mike
>
> Yes, I would really like to know as Microsoft have definitively told me
> that
> I cannot!  I already have a contact with FlyingSpark but my prospect
> didn't
> want to be spending any more than the MSCRM licenses.  I would be looking
> use a GPRS card in the PDA and connect up through a VPN to the corporate
> network and then though to the CRM Server to sync- would that be right?
>
> You're not THE Mike Read are you?.....oh no, wrong spelling!  Bet you've
> never heard that one.
>
> Regards
>
> Pete
>

> "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> You can sync the CRM Mobile over GPRS.  I have setup a demo for a
>> customer
>> that did this.  What would you like to know?
>>
>> You may also wish to consider the offering by flyingspark OR tendigits if
>> you have a blackberry
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message
>> > John
>> >
>> > Thanks - I assume that means that my initial supposition that the
>> > mobile
>> > device needs to go through another machine to syncronise with the the
> CRM
>> > server is correct then.  And as it needs an active sync partnership
>> > with
>> > that machine then the option of sync'ing the mobile device whilst out
> and
>> > about without the use of a notebook that has a VPN is not possible.
>> >
>> > If anyone has any first hand knowledge if this is the case I would
>> > appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Pete C
>> >

>> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
>> > message news:OwZXp4cjFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> cannot

>> > and
> your

>> > message

>> > CRM

>> > CRM
> that

>> > wrist
> had

0
Mike
7/27/2005 8:27:38 AM
Mike

Thanks! I'm going to give it a go in a test scenaro and at least now I know
that it should work if I have things set up OK.

Your help & input is much appreciated.

Pete C

"Mike R" wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Yes, that is basically it!. You will need to be able to "surf" from the PDA
> and to access any web page on the crmserver.  Once you have this configured
> then install the crm mobile and config the certificate for address/name of
> the crm server.
>
> My test scenario was:
>
> vm demo image exposed to the internet, router configured to pass port 80 to
> the crm website.
> PDA configured to access the web from GPRS, MSN etc....
> PDA connected to my phone using BT,  GRPS connection using vodafone, CRM
> Mobile cert pointing to my ISP IP address. Cert generated with the test cert
> software.
>
> MS state they only support cradled syncs with the PC connected to the VPN ,
> I suspect they have only tested it in this scenario.  It is also worth
> remembering that the quality of GPRS in some areas is not very good , and if
> the signal drops during a sync you may have a corrupt DB on the PDA.
>
> You will need to make the prospect aware of the risks and suggest that they
> sync whilst not moving and in an area of good reception.
>
> HTH
>
> Mike
> (no relation to Mike Read the DJ or the Pat/Peggies husband!!)
>
> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mike
> >
> > Yes, I would really like to know as Microsoft have definitively told me
> > that
> > I cannot!  I already have a contact with FlyingSpark but my prospect
> > didn't
> > want to be spending any more than the MSCRM licenses.  I would be looking
> > use a GPRS card in the PDA and connect up through a VPN to the corporate
> > network and then though to the CRM Server to sync- would that be right?
> >
> > You're not THE Mike Read are you?.....oh no, wrong spelling!  Bet you've
> > never heard that one.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Pete
> >

> > "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Hi Pete,
> >>
> >> You can sync the CRM Mobile over GPRS.  I have setup a demo for a
> >> customer
> >> that did this.  What would you like to know?
> >>
> >> You may also wish to consider the offering by flyingspark OR tendigits if
> >> you have a blackberry
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>

> >> "Pete C" <peter.cutts@notthisbitfreeuk.com> wrote in message

> > CRM
> > and

> > cannot

> > your

> > that

> > had

Unexpected Error when Sending Email from CRM
Hello All, When my users attempt to send an email from within CRM 1.2 the following error is shown to them; Unexpected Error. An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. When I review the event logs I see the following error: Any ideas??? thanks MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Unexpected error : 6 (SOAPCLIENT_...

CRM installation 05-03-05
Hi, I have the following problem: As a prerequisite for CRM installation you have to install and start the indexing service. Whenever I start indexing service on my Windows SBS 2003 server the CPU usage goes up to 100% and I lose control of my system. At this point all I can do is turning the system down and restart it. I've also tried to set indexing parameters to low values, but this operation has not changed anything. Thank you Marco Hi Marco The first time Indexing service is run it will take quite some time to build it's inital index, and once this is done it will use lo...

No return on basic search of activities, CRM 4.0
If I go into activities and view all of my activities I get the full list of phone calls and emails. However if I try to search for an activity that I've carried out with a contact i.e. John Smith, The Company. I get no results returned if I search on either term, even though an activity on this account is in the list. If I go to Advanced Find, I can search for John Smith and/or The Company and the contact is then returned in the search. Why is the basic search not working? (I'm using the web client) Thanks in advance! Hi, Have you configured your required columns to be ...

Configure CRM over the Internet
Can CRM 4.0 be configured in Outlook on a client PC over the Internet if I map an IP address to the server it is contained on and open the appropriate ports on my firewall? Thanks, John Hi John, CRM is only accessible from outside your domain/network if you have set up the CRM server to use an Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). With IFD, you absolutely can configure Outlook clients over the internet. However, if you have not set up IFD, then the client workstation must be connected to the LAN or VPN'd into the LAN to configure it. The CRM Implementation Guide has the steps t...

Many to Many Relationships in CRM
I have many clients who are needing the functionality to relate many Accounts to the Contacts or many Accounts to one Contact. Is anyone aware of a 3rd party solution that would enable this functionality? I already know of Axonom, but would like other options Thanks Amy Hi Amy, GaleForce Solutions was featured in the first Microsoft CRM ISV webinar a few weeks ago, and showed a wicked looking relationship tree that does just that. They don't seem to have anything on their website about it yet, but you can probably get some contact info there if you're interested. It's http://ww...

Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservic
Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservices ...

Help 05-06-10
I'm trying to send a message and I cant And what exactly happens when you try? Any error messages? Has this account ever worked in Windows Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant > "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant ********...

CRM Install Error 2755
We are trying to install Microsoft CRM, and we are constantly getting the same errors no matter what we do. The errors are as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 1013 Date: 07/09/2003 Time: 17:39:28 User: N/A Computer: CRM-LAPTOP Description: ===================================================== Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Module: C:\WINNT\System32\msi.dll Function: 0x4c6463 ===================================================== Registers: EAX:00000000 EBX:00076A24 ECX:004348D0 EDX:0055E380 ESI:01951094 EDI:0054F0B8 CS:EIP...

making CRM appointments with SFO
Hi all, Our secretary makes appointments for colleagues using the button 'CRM appointment' in SFO (Sales for Outlook). In the 'Scheduling' tab attendees can be added for the appointment. As our secretary does not want to include herself in the attendee list, she removes her own name in this list. However, after saving and closing, the appointment not only a appears in the calendar of the attendees but also in the one of the secretary. My question is whether it is possible to avoid this, hence making a CRM appointment that does not include the organizer. Thank you for reply...

A bug in Quote list with CRM v3?
With Contact or Account window open and quote tab is clicked, "Filter on - draft, won, closed..." feature is not working when "This Record only" is selected. But it works with the opportunities list. ...

Question about clearing out CRM, and re-migrating with Scribe??
We have been testing the migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate, into CRM 3.0 using Scribe Insight. Everything is working "ok" but we are having some minor issues. Now we want to completely empty out the CRM databases, and test another migration with Scribe. Is there something special that i need to do for this to happen? I am hoping i dont have to uninstall/reinstall. Thanks Rodney Hi Rodney, What entities did you use Scribe to migrate? What entities did you use in CRM? you might able to clear the data out using a SQL script. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.cr...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

Crosstab
Hi, I have a query that looks like this: TRANSFORM Count(mytable.var2) AS cnt SELECT mytable.var1, count(mytable.var2) AS TOTAL FROM mytable GROUP BY mytable.var1 PIVOT mytable.var2; and my result looks like this: var1 female male 1 30 10 2 40 20 3 50 30 Is there a way I can name the columns to "column1", "column2" and so forth, instead of female and male? Assume there are any number of columns. Thanks in advance, Jenni You can alias your column headings but it may take a few steps/queries. The first step might be to cr...

Find field in CRM and Case search in CRM
hey: I have a ton of cases with emails attached/regarding each case individually. How can we search these cases for all cases that have a common element, for example: I want to search all my cases for the word "disconnect" to see if it appears ANYWHERE in the case, email, title, or part of this case. Anyone know how I can do this? FYI: Building a specialized advanced find won't work because I need the ability to search ANY word -- today I want Disconnect tomorrow, latency, etc... Actually, an Advanced Find might be a good way to go, because you can save your Advanced F...

Important question about CRM Architecture
Do exchange server and crm server has to be in the same domain or only in the same forest ? Tnks in advance Only in the same forest (or (probably) in trusted domains from other forests) "Karolina" <Karolina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB033B64-A9C6-4146-9CBC-9CFA945EE1D6@microsoft.com... > > Do exchange server and crm server has to be in the same domain or only in > the same forest ? > > Tnks in advance ...

it is possible to remove the server CRM of the domain
I have problems with the CRM server and must remove it from the domain and to return it to beat, is some problem? Not quite sure what you mean. But, if you are going to actually change the domain menbership of the server, this will most likely cause problems with the config. If SQL is on a different server, then you will probably be able to get away with just re-installing CRM after adding the server back to the domain. If SQL is on the same machine, then you may be in for other troubles as SQL itself may have issues once you re-join. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jua...

Exchange 2007 in AD site with RODC 05-17-10
Hello, My question is if it possible to deploy Exchange server 2007 in an AD site that have RODC only? I know that Exchange cannot work with RODC. I understand that is not much sense in such configuration. But, in principal, can Exchange be in an AD site with RODC only and use a writable DC from other sites for work? On Mon, 17 May 2010 05:08:01 -0700, Vitalii Ponomarov <VitaliiPonomarov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >My question is if it possible to deploy Exchange server 2007 in an AD site >that have RODC only? I know that Exchange canno...

CRM toolbar is not visible in an Outlook custom contact form
Greetings, We have a client using a Custom Outlook Contact Form and when they open the form, the CRM toolbar is not visible nor does it appear that it can be added via View.Toolbars. Does anyone know a way to add the CRM toolbar to a custom Outlook Contact form so that we can use the Track in CRM and Set Parent functionality on a contact. This is for Office 2003 SP2. Jack Bender ...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Router fills event log with errors
I've installed CRM 3.0 Exchange router according to Microsoft's documentation and the suggestions I found on this mailbox. However, the service is not working. The error message in the Event Viewer is Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Opening the inbox folder of mailbox: crm failed (System.InvalidCastException: No such interface supported at ADODB.RecordClass.Open(Object Source, Object ActiveConnection, ConnectModeEnum Mode, RecordCreateOptionsEnum CreateOptions, RecordOpenOptionsEnum Options, String UserName, String Password) at M...

07 Design management confusion
Hi....if you are experienced with Access07 ; can you briefly explain the phenomena when one used the Report Design Wizard all the fields created are "bound" together...and when you go to alter one it alters the entire group.....so to speak... and the data field is "bound" to its label....I can't seem to tweak the label names have floundered around to turn off this field group binding but not sure if it is possible.... tia -- NTC NetworkTrade wrote: > Hi....if you are experienced with Access07 ; can you briefly explain the > phenomena when one used the ...

Problem with tracking CRM email
Tracking email from Outlook into CRM is not working for some reason. - The Exchange server was moved from the CRM server to another server. - The Exchange connector was installed on the new Exchange server. CRM mailbox for forwarding it configured. - I have reconfigured the CRM SMTP settings and CRM is sending out email. - When a user clicks Track in CRM, the email does not go into CRM. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, -Rick M. Hi Rick, A couple of problems in tracking email have been addressed in rollup2 so try updating your system. Also, take a look at this article http...

CRM 4 Client and offline sync error
I recently upgraded our CRM to version 4. I have the offline client installed on my machine. When I try to go offline, I get an error during Propagating Customizations. It says: An entity with the specified name already exists. Please specify a unique name. I've tried disabling all of my local data groups in an effort to try and narrow down the issue, but even with them all decactivated I still get the error message. I also tried unchecking all of the sync boxes under on the options screen, doesn't seem to effect it. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Hi I had the same e...

CRM Outlook for Sales Client
We have a computer that is shared by several users. Each user accesses his own Outlook mail client based on his NT account. Can we install multiple instances of the Sales for Outlook client on the same machine so that it is available for multiple users? Hi Dave, Unfortunately, this is not a supported option with the current version of MS CRM; you can only have one installation on one PC. However, you might consider using a product such as MS Virtual PC or VMWare to run virtual PCs on the desktop - one for each user - and you can then install what you want in each PC. You will probably h...

How to install a "Communications cable between two computers" 07-15-10
I need a PPP connection thru a COM port. Going thru the New Connection Wizard XP installs a new modem "Communications cable between two computers" which is then used by a new "Direct" RAS connection. Setting up the RAS connection was easy by means of RasSetEntryProperties. But how to install the "Communications cable between two computers" modem without user interaction? Uwe Uwe Sieber wrote: > > I need a PPP connection thru a COM port. > Going thru the New Connection Wizard XP installs > a new modem "Communications ca...

Microsoft CRM does not work with Vista and Office 2007 Offline
We are using a trial version on Microsoft CRM. Our operating system is Vista-32 and we are using Office 2007. Our laptops get synchronization error messages whenever we try to use the laptops offline. Our Microsoft reseller has opened a case with Microsoft but we need this to function offline now. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...