CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03

Hi,

We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses
for
testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts
and some other records are created in CRM Server .

 After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM
Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this
records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server
installation with our company Business Unit Licenses?

Thanks in advance.
Mushtaq
0
Mushtaq
12/25/2003 8:15:08 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Reconfiguring Notebooks after Migration
I recently upgraded from Vista Pro 32 bit to Win 7 Pro 64 bit, and copied my OneNote files to the new configuration from a backup. In the process I lost all the Notebooks, although the Sections are still intact. I'd like to go back to how things were arranged before the upgrade and migration. If I search for *.one I find all the sections, a good number of which have the same name because I try to have one file structure for my notebooks. If I select one to open, it asked if I want to open the Section Only or the whole Notebook. I select the whole Notebook. When I&...

Update one table from another

Text to columns

Copying data from one chart to another

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Outlook 03 standalone syncing with network, don't want it
For some reason now on startup my Vista Ultimate PC running Outlook 03 is incredibly slow with lots of disk thrashing. I saw a message about Outlook synching but I don't recall setting it up to do that. I want it not to and, more importantly, I want the disk thrashing to stop. My computer is on a wireless network with a NAS. I have 3 drives permanently mapped to shares on it. Nothing changed on the NAS, to my knowledge. I recall having seen somewhere in Vista sync settings. I can't find it now and don't know if that's relevant. I'm confident that my system is secur...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

BOM Base Unit of Measure
I have a U of M Schedule ID that contains (Kilograms, Grams, and Milligrams). My base unit of measure in Item Master is in Kilograms, however we need the BOM unit of measure in Milligrams. Does anyone know of a way to have a different unit of measure in Item Master vs. BOM Entry? The problem we are running into is that when we set the BOM Unit of Measure to anything other than the Item Master Base Unit of Measure, the calculations for extended quantity, extended cost and remaining quantity are wildly incorrect. The system seems to be trying to calculate these values based on the Bas...

Quotes, orders and invoices all crash CRM!
I have a post update callout process which I have attached to the update event on the quote, order and invoice. Having attached the process whenever I attempt to read an existing quote, order or invoice or to save a new quote, order or invoice CRM presents its 'an error has occurred please contact your system administrator' message. Normally in this case I would check the event viewer but in this case it is completely empty! The callout process as it's first action logs a message to a file just so that I can monitor the progress and this is not happening so it appears that the pro...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...