CRM menu is dim

The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my
CRM 3.0 client is not functional.

I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for
Outlook:
"An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist."

Many thanks for anybody who can help.

KM

0
krygim
1/12/2006 3:53:21 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the
CRM server.

Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to
http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx. What do you get?

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
"krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean
> my
> CRM 3.0 client is not functional.
>
> I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for
> Outlook:
> "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
> Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist."
>
> Many thanks for anybody who can help.
>
> KM

0
Jeffry
1/12/2006 9:11:00 AM
Hi Jeffry,

When I browse to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx,
I get the following page. Is it normal?

The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please
review the Service Description.
  a.. Execute
  Executes business logic and special operations using a message-based
approach. The Execute method takes a message request class as a parameter
and returns a message response class.

  b.. Retrieve
  Retrieves an instance of the specified entity.

  c.. RetrieveMultiple
  Retrieves a collection of entity instances of the specified type, which
meet the specified conditions.

  d.. Delete
  Deletes the instance of the specified entity.

  e.. Create
  Creates an instance of an entity.

  f.. Update
  Updates the instance of the specified entity.

  g.. Fetch
  Executes a query specified in the FetchXML language. The results are
returned as an XML string.

Thanks,
KM

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to
the
> CRM server.
>
> Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to
> http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx. What do you
get?

> HTH,
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com
> --
> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this
mean
> > my
> > CRM 3.0 client is not functional.
> >
> > I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for
> > Outlook:
> > "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
> > Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist."
> >
> > Many thanks for anybody who can help.
> >
> > KM

0
krygim
1/13/2006 7:34:21 AM
Yep, that means that you have access to the CRM webservice. So that's not
your problem then.

You could try to enable tracing on your client machine and see what appears
in the trace files when you start Outlook. The exact error message should
appear there.

To enable tracing on the client you add these registry keys to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient:
  a.. TraceEnabled (dword) - set the value to 1 to turn on tracing, set the
value to 0 to turn it off again
  b.. TraceDirectory (string) - this is the directory where the trace files
are stored. The directory has to exist, CRM will not create the directory.
  c.. TraceCategories (string) - set the value to *:Verbose
  d.. TraceCallStack (dword) - set the value to 1 if your're interested in
the stack trace
  e.. TraceRefresh (dword) - set the value to 1
  f.. TraceSchedule (string) - set it to one of the values of the
Microsoft.Crm.TraceSchedule-enum: e.g. Daily or Hourly
HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
> Hi Jeffry,
>
> When I browse to
> http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx,
> I get the following page. Is it normal?
>

> The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please
> review the Service Description.
>  a.. Execute
>  Executes business logic and special operations using a message-based
> approach. The Execute method takes a message request class as a parameter
> and returns a message response class.
>
>  b.. Retrieve
>  Retrieves an instance of the specified entity.
>
>  c.. RetrieveMultiple
>  Retrieves a collection of entity instances of the specified type, which
> meet the specified conditions.
>
>  d.. Delete
>  Deletes the instance of the specified entity.
>
>  e.. Create
>  Creates an instance of an entity.
>
>  f.. Update
>  Updates the instance of the specified entity.
>
>  g.. Fetch
>  Executes a query specified in the FetchXML language. The results are
> returned as an XML string.
>

> Thanks,
> KM
>

> "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to
> the
>> CRM server.
>>
>> Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to
>> http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx. What do you
> get?
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> --
>> Jeffry van de Vuurst
>> CWR Mobility
>> www.cwrmobility.com
>> --
>> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this
> mean
>> > my
>> > CRM 3.0 client is not functional.
>> >
>> > I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for
>> > Outlook:
>> > "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
>> > Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors
>> > persist."
>> >
>> > Many thanks for anybody who can help.
>> >
>> > KM

0
Jeffry
1/13/2006 8:58:32 AM
Jeffry,

I created the required registry keys with the values that your suggested.
TraceCallStack was set to 0
TraceSchedule was set to Hourly
TraceDirectory points to c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM, which was recreate
by the CRM Client Setup program.

I reboot the computer and start Outlook again. After the error message pops
up, I open c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM. However no trace file is found.

Is there any other things I need to do?

> [...]
> >
> >  c.. RetrieveMultiple
> >  Retrieves a collection of entity instances of the specified type, which
> > meet the specified conditions.
> >
> >  d.. Delete
> >  Deletes the instance of the specified entity.
> >
> >  e.. Create
> >  Creates an instance of an entity.
> >
> >  f.. Update
> >  Updates the instance of the specified entity.
> >
> >  g.. Fetch
> >  Executes a query specified in the FetchXML language. The results are
> > returned as an XML string.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > KM
> >

> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> >> Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect
> > the
> >> CRM server.
> >>
> >> Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to

0
krygim
1/16/2006 7:59:49 AM
First of all, I would set TraceCallStack to 1, because that gives you
detailed info about where the error occurred.

Second, what values did you set for the other registry keys?

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
> [...]
>> >  a.. Execute
>> >  Executes business logic and special operations using a message-based
>> > approach. The Execute method takes a message request class as a
> parameter
>> > and returns a message response class.
>> >
>> >  b.. Retrieve
>> >  Retrieves an instance of the specified entity.
>> >
>> >  c.. RetrieveMultiple
>> >  Retrieves a collection of entity instances of the specified type,
>> > which
>> > meet the specified conditions.
>> >
>> >  d.. Delete
>> >  Deletes the instance of the specified entity.
>> >
>> >  e.. Create
>> >  Creates an instance of an entity.
>> >
>> >  f.. Update
>> >  Updates the instance of the specified entity.
>> >
>> >  g.. Fetch
>> >  Executes a query specified in the FetchXML language. The results are

0
Jeffry
1/16/2006 9:35:03 AM
Jeffrey,

The values that I set were as follows:
TraceEnabled=0x00000001 (1)
TraceDirectory=c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM
TraceCategories=*:Verbose
TraceCallStack=0x00000000 (0)
TraceRefresh=0x00000001 (1)
TraceSchedule=Hourly

I have changed the value TraceCallStack to 0x00000001 (1). Then closed and
restart Outlook. I still could not find any file created in TraceDirectory
(c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM). Did I do anything wrong?

> First of all, I would set TraceCallStack to 1, because that gives you
> detailed info about where the error occurred.
>
> Second, what values did you set for the other registry keys?
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com
> --
> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Jeffry,
> >
> > I created the required registry keys with the values that your
suggested.
> > TraceCallStack was set to 0
> > TraceSchedule was set to Hourly
> > TraceDirectory points to c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM, which was
> > recreate
> > by the CRM Client Setup program.
> >
> > I reboot the computer and start Outlook again. After the error message
> > pops
> > up, I open c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM. However no trace file is
found.

> > Is there any other things I need to do?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > KM
> >

> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> >> Yep, that means that you have access to the CRM webservice. So that's
not
> >> your problem then.
> >>
> >> You could try to enable tracing on your client machine and see what
> > appears
> >> in the trace files when you start Outlook. The exact error message
should
> >> appear there.
> >>
> >> To enable tracing on the client you add these registry keys to
> >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient:
> >>   a.. TraceEnabled (dword) - set the value to 1 to turn on tracing, set
> > the
> >> value to 0 to turn it off again
> >>   b.. TraceDirectory (string) - this is the directory where the trace
> > files
> >> are stored. The directory has to exist, CRM will not create the
> >> directory.
> >>   c.. TraceCategories (string) - set the value to *:Verbose
> >>   d.. TraceCallStack (dword) - set the value to 1 if your're interested
> >> in
> >> the stack trace
> >>   e.. TraceRefresh (dword) - set the value to 1
> >>   f.. TraceSchedule (string) - set it to one of the values of the
> >> Microsoft.Crm.TraceSchedule-enum: e.g. Daily or Hourly
> >> HTH,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> >> CWR Mobility
> >> www.cwrmobility.com
> >> --
> >> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > parameter

> > for
> > restarting

0
Krygim
1/16/2006 10:36:19 AM
Strange, that should do it. You shouldn't need to reboot or anything.

The only thing I can think of, but that's a longshot, is to change the
TraceDirectory. Maybe it doesn't like files being written to the program
folder.

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility

> Jeffrey,
>
> The values that I set were as follows:
> TraceEnabled=0x00000001 (1)
> TraceDirectory=c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM
> TraceCategories=*:Verbose
> TraceCallStack=0x00000000 (0)
> TraceRefresh=0x00000001 (1)
> TraceSchedule=Hourly
>
> I have changed the value TraceCallStack to 0x00000001 (1). Then closed and
> restart Outlook. I still could not find any file created in TraceDirectory
> (c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM). Did I do anything wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> KM
>

> "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> First of all, I would set TraceCallStack to 1, because that gives you
>> detailed info about where the error occurred.
>>
>> Second, what values did you set for the other registry keys?
>>
>> --
>> Jeffry van de Vuurst
>> CWR Mobility
>> www.cwrmobility.com
>> --
>> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Jeffry,
>> >
>> > I created the required registry keys with the values that your
> suggested.
>> > TraceCallStack was set to 0
>> > TraceSchedule was set to Hourly
>> > TraceDirectory points to c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM, which was
>> > recreate
>> > by the CRM Client Setup program.
>> >
>> > I reboot the computer and start Outlook again. After the error message
>> > pops
>> > up, I open c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM. However no trace file is
> found.
>> >
>> > Is there any other things I need to do?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > KM
>> >

>> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> not

>> > appears
> should

>> > the
>> > files

> please
>> > parameter

> connect

> you

> this

> client
>> > for
>> > restarting

0
Jeffry
1/16/2006 10:59:51 AM
Jeffry,

I made TraceDirectory point to an ordinary folder in another local drive.
Rebooted the computer and started Outlook again. However no trace file is
found in the new folder.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.

> Strange, that should do it. You shouldn't need to reboot or anything.
>
> The only thing I can think of, but that's a longshot, is to change the
> TraceDirectory. Maybe it doesn't like files being written to the program
> folder.
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com
> --
> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Jeffrey,
> >
> > The values that I set were as follows:
> > TraceEnabled=0x00000001 (1)
> > TraceDirectory=c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM
> > TraceCategories=*:Verbose
> > TraceCallStack=0x00000000 (0)
> > TraceRefresh=0x00000001 (1)
> > TraceSchedule=Hourly
> >
> > I have changed the value TraceCallStack to 0x00000001 (1). Then closed
and
> > restart Outlook. I still could not find any file created in
TraceDirectory
> > (c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM). Did I do anything wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > KM
> >

> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> >> First of all, I would set TraceCallStack to 1, because that gives you
> >> detailed info about where the error occurred.
> >>
> >> Second, what values did you set for the other registry keys?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> >> CWR Mobility
> >> www.cwrmobility.com
> >> --
> >> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > suggested.

> > found.

> > not

> > should

> > please

> > connect

> > you

> > this

> > client

0
Krygim
1/16/2006 1:09:05 PM
Sorry I couldn't help you.

Let me know when you find the problem, because I'm very curious what it is.

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
> Jeffry,
>
> I made TraceDirectory point to an ordinary folder in another local drive.
> Rebooted the computer and started Outlook again. However no trace file is
> found in the new folder.
>
> Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
>
> KM
>

> "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> Strange, that should do it. You shouldn't need to reboot or anything.
>>
>> The only thing I can think of, but that's a longshot, is to change the
>> TraceDirectory. Maybe it doesn't like files being written to the program
>> folder.
>>
>> --
>> Jeffry van de Vuurst
>> CWR Mobility
>> www.cwrmobility.com
>> --
>> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Jeffrey,
>> >
>> > The values that I set were as follows:
>> > TraceEnabled=0x00000001 (1)
>> > TraceDirectory=c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM
>> > TraceCategories=*:Verbose
>> > TraceCallStack=0x00000000 (0)
>> > TraceRefresh=0x00000001 (1)
>> > TraceSchedule=Hourly
>> >
>> > I have changed the value TraceCallStack to 0x00000001 (1). Then closed
> and
>> > restart Outlook. I still could not find any file created in
> TraceDirectory
>> > (c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM). Did I do anything wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > KM
>> >

>> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message

>> > suggested.

> message
>> > found.

> that's
>> > not

>> > should

> trace

>> > please

>> > connect

> do
>> > you

>> > this

>> > client

0
Jeffry
1/16/2006 1:38:01 PM
Is the Microsoft Crm mailbox listsed in the all mail folders tab on your
outlook? If it is not the Crm toolbar will appear within outlook but you
cann't use it. You may try opening the pst for this box is located in %user
profile%/Application Data/MsCrm.pst.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Jeffry,
>
> When I browse to
> http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx,
> I get the following page. Is it normal?
>

> The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please
> review the Service Description.
>  a.. Execute
>  Executes business logic and special operations using a message-based
> approach. The Execute method takes a message request class as a parameter
> and returns a message response class.
>
>  b.. Retrieve
>  Retrieves an instance of the specified entity.
>
>  c.. RetrieveMultiple
>  Retrieves a collection of entity instances of the specified type, which
> meet the specified conditions.
>
>  d.. Delete
>  Deletes the instance of the specified entity.
>
>  e.. Create
>  Creates an instance of an entity.
>
>  f.. Update
>  Updates the instance of the specified entity.
>
>  g.. Fetch
>  Executes a query specified in the FetchXML language. The results are
> returned as an XML string.
>

> Thanks,
> KM
>

> "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to
> the
>> CRM server.
>>
>> Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to
>> http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx. What do you
> get?
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> --
>> Jeffry van de Vuurst
>> CWR Mobility
>> www.cwrmobility.com
>> --
>> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this
> mean
>> > my
>> > CRM 3.0 client is not functional.
>> >
>> > I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for
>> > Outlook:
>> > "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting
>> > Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors
>> > persist."
>> >
>> > Many thanks for anybody who can help.
>> >
>> > KM

0
Patrick
1/17/2006 3:29:32 PM
Patrick,

I can find the CRM folder in my Outlook created by the installation program.

KM

"Patrick" <please@ask.me> wrote in message
> Is the Microsoft Crm mailbox listsed in the all mail folders tab on your
> outlook? If it is not the Crm toolbar will appear within outlook but you
> cann't use it. You may try opening the pst for this box is located in
%user
> profile%/Application Data/MsCrm.pst.
>

> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT  http://www.aviva-it.nl
>

> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Jeffry,
> >
> > When I browse to
> > http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx,
> > I get the following page. Is it normal?
> >

> > The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please
> > review the Service Description.
> >  a.. Execute
> >  Executes business logic and special operations using a message-based
> > approach. The Execute method takes a message request class as a
parameter
> > and returns a message response class.
> >
> >  b.. Retrieve
> >  Retrieves an instance of the specified entity.
> >
> >  c.. RetrieveMultiple
> >  Retrieves a collection of entity instances of the specified type, which
> > meet the specified conditions.
> >
> >  d.. Delete
> >  Deletes the instance of the specified entity.
> >
> >  e.. Create
> >  Creates an instance of an entity.
> >
> >  f.. Update
> >  Updates the instance of the specified entity.
> >
> >  g.. Fetch
> >  Executes a query specified in the FetchXML language. The results are
> > returned as an XML string.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > KM
> >

> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> >> Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect
> > the
> >> CRM server.
> >>
> >> Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to
> >> http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx. What do you
> > get?
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> >> CWR Mobility
> >> www.cwrmobility.com
> >> --
> >> "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > mean

0
Krygim
1/19/2006 1:09:20 PM
I resolved this same problem on a laptop running Office/Outlook 2003
SP-2. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Otions, COM Add Ins,
then REMOVE the Microsoft CRM for Outlook Add In. Close Outlook. Open Outlook
and go back to COM Addins and re-add the Microsoft CRM Addin for Outlook. I
went back to the Client Install Folder at Client\PFiles\MSCRM\Client\bin and
selected the crmaddin.dll file which puts it back in Outlook. Closed Outlook.
Downloaded and ran a re-install of MS XML 4.0 SP2. Opened Outlook and it
fixed the problem, the CRM tool bar and folders appeared and are accessible.

Reinstalling MSXML 4.0 SP2. It is on the client CD or you can install it
from the below location -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" wrote:

> Sorry I couldn't help you.
>
> Let me know when you find the problem, because I'm very curious what it is.
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com
> --
> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Jeffry,
> >
> > I made TraceDirectory point to an ordinary folder in another local drive.
> > Rebooted the computer and started Outlook again. However no trace file is
> > found in the new folder.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
> >
> > KM
> >

> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> >> Strange, that should do it. You shouldn't need to reboot or anything.
> >>
> >> The only thing I can think of, but that's a longshot, is to change the
> >> TraceDirectory. Maybe it doesn't like files being written to the program
> >> folder.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> >> CWR Mobility
> >> www.cwrmobility.com
> >> --
> >> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > and
> > TraceDirectory

> > message

> > that's

> > trace

> > do

Hi Jeffry,

I finally got the trace files by creating the keys in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
rather than
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient

I solved the problem by installing MSXML4 hot fix.

Thanks again.

KM

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" wrote:

> Sorry I couldn't help you.
>
> Let me know when you find the problem, because I'm very curious what it is.
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com
> --
> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Jeffry,
> >
> > I made TraceDirectory point to an ordinary folder in another local drive.
> > Rebooted the computer and started Outlook again. However no trace file is
> > found in the new folder.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
> >
> > KM
> >

> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> >> Strange, that should do it. You shouldn't need to reboot or anything.
> >>
> >> The only thing I can think of, but that's a longshot, is to change the
> >> TraceDirectory. Maybe it doesn't like files being written to the program
> >> folder.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> >> CWR Mobility
> >> www.cwrmobility.com
> >> --
> >> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > and
> > TraceDirectory

> > message

> > that's

> > trace

> > do

Scott,

Thanks for your information. I solved the problem by installing MSXML4 hot
fix.

KM

"Scott Phares" wrote:

> I resolved this same problem on a laptop running Office/Outlook 2003
> SP-2. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Otions, COM Add Ins,
> then REMOVE the Microsoft CRM for Outlook Add In. Close Outlook. Open Outlook
> and go back to COM Addins and re-add the Microsoft CRM Addin for Outlook. I
> went back to the Client Install Folder at Client\PFiles\MSCRM\Client\bin and
> selected the crmaddin.dll file which puts it back in Outlook. Closed Outlook.
> Downloaded and ran a re-install of MS XML 4.0 SP2. Opened Outlook and it
> fixed the problem, the CRM tool bar and folders appeared and are accessible.
>
> Reinstalling MSXML 4.0 SP2. It is on the client CD or you can install it
> from the below location -
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en
>

> "Krygim" wrote:
>
> > Patrick,
> >
> > I can find the CRM folder in my Outlook created by the installation program.
> >
> > KM
> >

> > "Patrick" <please@ask.me> wrote in message
> > > Is the Microsoft Crm mailbox listsed in the all mail folders tab on your
> > > outlook? If it is not the Crm toolbar will appear within outlook but you
> > > cann't use it. You may try opening the pst for this box is located in
> > %user
> > > profile%/Application Data/MsCrm.pst.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
> > > Lead Developer
> > > Aviva IT  http://www.aviva-it.nl
> > >

> > > "krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > parameter

> > for
> > restarting

Ai! I'm sorry. You're right, trace entries for the server should go in
LOCAL_MACHINE, and those for the client in CURRENT_USER.

Anyway, I also had a problem with the add-in that was fixed by installing
the MSXML 4 hotfix. It crashed a VSTO add-in I wrote. I only wish they would
log that kind of error in the eventlog instead of having to enable tracing.

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
"krygim" <krygim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Jeffry,
>
> I finally got the trace files by creating the keys in
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
> rather than
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
>
> I solved the problem by installing MSXML4 hot fix.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> KM
>

> "Jeffry van de Vuurst" wrote:
>
>> Sorry I couldn't help you.
>>
>> Let me know when you find the problem, because I'm very curious what it
>> is.
>>
>> --
>> Jeffry van de Vuurst
>> CWR Mobility
>> www.cwrmobility.com
>> --
>> "Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Jeffry,
>> >
>> > I made TraceDirectory point to an ordinary folder in another local
>> > drive.
>> > Rebooted the computer and started Outlook again. However no trace file
>> > is
>> > found in the new folder.
>> >
>> > Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
>> >
>> > KM
>> >

>> > "Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message

>> > and
>> > TraceDirectory

>> > message

>> > that's

>> > trace

>> > do

0
Jeffry
1/29/2006 8:59:15 AM
Warning! When you read this message and "forget" to read the rest of
the thread:

Trace entries for the client should go in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and not
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, as I mentioned below!

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility

Jeffry van de Vuurst wrote:
> Yep, that means that you have access to the CRM webservice. So that's not
> your problem then.
>
> You could try to enable tracing on your client machine and see what appears
> in the trace files when you start Outlook. The exact error message should
> appear there.
>
> To enable tracing on the client you add these registry keys to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient:
>   a.. TraceEnabled (dword) - set the value to 1 to turn on tracing, set the
> value to 0 to turn it off again
>   b.. TraceDirectory (string) - this is the directory where the trace files
> are stored. The directory has to exist, CRM will not create the directory.
>   c.. TraceCategories (string) - set the value to *:Verbose
>   d.. TraceCallStack (dword) - set the value to 1 if your're interested in
> the stack trace
>   e.. TraceRefresh (dword) - set the value to 1
>   f.. TraceSchedule (string) - set it to one of the values of the
> Microsoft.Crm.TraceSchedule-enum: e.g. Daily or Hourly
> HTH,
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com

Jeffry
1/31/2006 1:28:45 PM
It's possible that your current user (Administrator ?) is configure in
CRM as a user with limited abilities - undo it and give it necessary
roles (in CRM) and Outlook should work

0
dmitrir
2/3/2006 7:55:38 PM
It's possible that your current user (Administrator ?) is configure in
CRM as a user with limited abilities - undo it and give it necessary
roles (in CRM) and Outlook should work

0
dmitrir

Distributing CRM activities
I was wondering whether someone might be able to help me with the following; I currently set up the campaigns for the sales team and when I distribute the campaign activity I currently only have two options - 1. Owned by myself or 2. Distributed to the owner of the record. Due to employee changes in the past while many of the CRM records are owned by former employees and it takes too long to go through every record to change this. To this end I would like to be able to distribute campaign activities to another user who is neither the activity creator nor the owner of the record. Is t...

SBS CRM & RSS
I am curious to see if anyone has been able to get RSS feeds working properly on a SBS install of CRM 3.0. I've found a few sites but those suggestions don't seem to help. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. J. ...

CRM 4.0 Private/Public Views
How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0? There are a bunch of system views that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete. I used to just make them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0. We also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0. If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views? In CRM 4 public views can not be hidden, these pages give a way it can be done. http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/08/hiding-system-views-in-crm-40...

CPU spikes on sql server
We have noticed most of the same performance issues that are reported around here, but in trying to research a few of these I noticed the following strange behavior. Every 10 minutes a sql agent runs a process for "stored procedure priming". When this runs, the cpu on the server pegs at 100% for about 30 seconds. then back to 0% or so until the next firing This is a almost brand new install and only 1 or 2 users hit it. We have only begun to put data into it, so there isn't very much. Seems odd to me that a frequently scheduled process would hit things that hard that ...

CRM 4.0 Email Router Mailbox not deleting items
We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0. An account and mailbox has been setup called CRM Mail. This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig. Upon further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users. Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them? Are they supposed to be automatically deleted? Also, why are all these emails showing up? Thanks all! The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after being processed by the router. ...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo ...

About MBS CRM Certified Exams.
I'm going to attend a MBS Master Certified Exam, which has 2 choices: 1. Microsoft CRM Developer (4 exams) 2. Microsoft CRM Installation & Configuration (6 exams) I am MCSE&MCDBA 2000, I passed these exams in year 2001. So I think, if I take the CRM Installation & Configuration Exam, can I pass the 70-228 which is "SQL Server 2000" Also, which certificate is better? Microsoft CRM Developer (4 exams) or Microsoft CRM Installation & Configuration (6 exams)? Thannks, Jim Hi Jim, Which certificate is better, depends on what you want to achieve with your cer...

MS CRM Certification question

CRM\Accounting program recommendations
What accounting program works\integrates best with CRM 3 for small business environments of <75 users? Use Microsoft Accounting or Quick books with Microsoft CRM. I have done integration with Quickbooks with MS CRM 3.0 -- Happy Programming........ Thanks, Imran www.pkblogs.com/microsoftcrm3 "Monte" wrote: > What accounting program works\integrates best with CRM 3 for small business > environments of <75 users? Hi Monte, For non-MS small business apps, I only know of QB having an integration with CRM. On the MS side as of today, there hasn't been any ne...

CRM outlook client start up problem
Hi, I installed Microsoft CRM Outlook client but when I start Microsoft Outlook I got the following message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist. Can you please help me? Ayen Ayen, What may be the cause is the Comm Add-in, try removing it and re adding it from the Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\Bin directory. Its the crmaddin.dll that you need to add. Also make sure that in IE the CRM site is added to thr trusted sites list. HTH Ben Ali AYEN wrote: > Hi, > ...

dailup and crm
1)How do i use my dailup to get to the crm homepage. I can get to it fine on my lan but as soon I use my dail up it is not available. 2) Why cant i do anything with the CRM for Outlook when I am offline? It goes offline fine but if I click n anything of CRM it tells me that I do not have the priviliges to do it. jan ...

Question about CRM Server migration
HI, I would like to put my CRM app Server onto a new machine. Actually, the apps are on one machine, SQL is on another one and AD is on a third one. I would like to know if the only thing I have to do is to install CRM server on the new machine and specify to use old data and old AD. Question : - What happens with form customization? Do I need to do a "Deployment manager full deploy"? - What happens with custom report that has been deployed? - Is there any way to make SFOulook client point to the new server? Should I be better removing the old machine from the network and using ...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

Users can't access CRM via a VPN connection
Hi -- we're trying to set it up so our remote users can VPN into the office and use CRM via their Outlook client. We have CRM 3.0 and we're using a Check Point firewall. The CRM Outlook client works great when they're in the office but when they try during a VPN session they get the infamous error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailabe..." Outlook connects to the Exchange server as it should -- but for some reason CRM won't work. I've already looked through the KB article 910090 and none of tha...

CRM process flow..
I understand that the process flow in CRM is Lead to Opportunity then to quotes, orders, invoices.etc.. However i want to override this Process flow and make my process as opportunity to creating contracts once an opportunity is won. My clients are mainly dealing with rental space and therefore there is no concept of order and please note that currently the system is used to create contracts as soon as an opportunity is won. Is there a way to add the functionality of converting the opportunity to contract, Like how a lead is converted to an account ,contact , opportunity.?the same is c...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Analysis Cubes does not appear in GP Menu
Hi all, I am trying to open the Create PivotTable Reports window from Microsoft Dynamics GP menu > Tools > Analysis Cubes > Create PivotTable Reports. But I could not able to see the same in GP Menus. I don't know what could be the wrong. Your ideas to this are highly appreciable. Thanks and regards, Vijay On Jul 21, 7:09=A0am, Account is empty <Accountisem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I am trying to open the Create PivotTable Reports window from Microsoft > Dynamics GP menu > Tools > Analysis Cubes > Create PivotTable Rep...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor is EMPTY!!!!
Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor it is showing me in the Summary that I have lots of active and paused processes 28 active / 199 paused of various entity types. However when I go to view the paused, or active (or ALL for that matter), there is nothing even after numerous refreshes, trying next page stuff. Basically it is showing nothing at all on any screen or any tab except Process/Summary. I think something is very BROKEN here. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the WF Service to be logged in as Administrator and Administrator is part of PrivUserGroup and SQLAc...

Start Menu shortcut doesn't work
I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? On Fri, 9 May 2008 12:41:08 +0100, "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote: >I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open >Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it >Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? Re-pin it to the start menu from there. Why not put Publisher on the quick launch T...

CRM demo VPC
Does anyone know the location of the download for the UK version of the CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release? This is the one with the database amended for the UK? Regards, Kevin It appears as though that version is not available at this time... At least thats what I read here. But the good news is it looks like this will be available later this month. http://blogs.msdn.com/ukmscrm/archive/2007/09/21/uk-microsoft-crm-virtual-pc-images-update.aspx Hope that helps. Jason On Oct 16, 8:40 am, K. Beel. <KB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know ...

CRM 1.2 Activitys
For some reason my companies CRM database has become corrupt and there are some invalid Activities listed in the ActivityBase Database. I have been able to locate the invalid entries and was considering just manually deleting them from the database, since deleting from the CRM interface isn't working. Will manually deleting them just cause more headaches for me? If I do remove the activities are there other tables that will need to have rows manually removed also? I can seem to find documentation on how activities are related to the other tables? Manually updating the database is...

bidirectional Outlook to CRM synchronization
Is there any way to have existing or new appointments in the outlook calendar synchronized with the crm calendar (current setup- exchange 2003, crm 3.0, outlook 2003 all on 2003 server)? We have the crm outlook client installed and synchronization works for appointments created in CRM, but not for those created in outlook. Is the client suppose to provide two way synch or maybe a setting or event sink to automatically have all newly created outlook appointments tracked in crm? Thanks in advance. -- Michael Richmond Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but have you tried ope...

MS SQL 2005 Express Edition for Offline CRM for Outlook
We have a project that calls for MS SQL 2005 Express Edition on some of the same client machines as those that will eventually be CRM 3.0 clients. Do you know if there is any co-existence/compatibility issues involved in running MSDE and MS SQL 2005 Express Edition on the same machine or whether doing so would adversely affect CRM functionality? Or could we use MS SQL 2005 Express Edition for the DB with the offline version of CRM using Outlook? Thx... ...

CRM Outlook should keep original date of email in CRM.
When a user clicks Track in CRM for an email in Outlook, the original date of the email should be retained in the CRM system. I understand it is by design that it does not do that. The created on date is Today. That is ok, but the original date of the email needs to be retained in a database field. Why? If a customer ever has a question about when something happened, the date of the CRM entry is the best tool for determining a sequence of events. Dates are often used to confirm when conversations occurred, emails were sent and received, etc. This information could also be used as...