CRM Mailbox moved from Exchange 2K3 to 2K7 to 2K3

In our orginal Exchange 2K7 deployment plan the CRM mail box was to stay on
an Exchange 2K3 installation (where the eMail router resides) but some how
the mailbox was moved to 2K7.  Upon discovery the mailbox has been moved back
to the correct 2K3 installation with the eMail router.  However, monitoring
the CRM_EMAIL box the size and total items has been stagnant, it has been at
the same size and number of items since I started monitoring a few hours ago.
 I have cycled the eMail router service but am wondering if further action
needs to be taken to get things flowing again.

All responses are appreciated.

Thank you!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pat,

please check if the registry settings for the exchange E-Mail Router is
still correct or if it was updated to "2k7"
- see
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/10/05/Supporting-multiple-Exchange-servers-and_2F00_or-multiple-Microsoft-CRM-implementations.aspx

hope this helps

"Pat Birkeland" wrote:

> In our orginal Exchange 2K7 deployment plan the CRM mail box was to stay on
> an Exchange 2K3 installation (where the eMail router resides) but some how
> the mailbox was moved to 2K7.  Upon discovery the mailbox has been moved back
> to the correct 2K3 installation with the eMail router.  However, monitoring
> the CRM_EMAIL box the size and total items has been stagnant, it has been at
> the same size and number of items since I started monitoring a few hours ago.
>  I have cycled the eMail router service but am wondering if further action
> needs to be taken to get things flowing again.
>
> All responses are appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
Thank you for your reply Carsten.  Unfortunately all of my registry
information still checks out so this did not solve the issue.

Thank's for you input!

"Carsten" wrote:

> Pat,
>
> please check if the registry settings for the exchange E-Mail Router is
> still correct or if it was updated to "2k7"
> - see
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/10/05/Supporting-multiple-Exchange-servers-and_2F00_or-multiple-Microsoft-CRM-implementations.aspx
>
> hope this helps
>
> "Pat Birkeland" wrote:
>
> > In our orginal Exchange 2K7 deployment plan the CRM mail box was to stay on
> > an Exchange 2K3 installation (where the eMail router resides) but some how
> > the mailbox was moved to 2K7.  Upon discovery the mailbox has been moved back
> > to the correct 2K3 installation with the eMail router.  However, monitoring
> > the CRM_EMAIL box the size and total items has been stagnant, it has been at
> > the same size and number of items since I started monitoring a few hours ago.
> >  I have cycled the eMail router service but am wondering if further action
> > needs to be taken to get things flowing again.
> >
> > All responses are appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you!
------=_NextPart_0001_262F7D83

Hi Pat,

This is Mike responding.  Thank you for your patience.  I am just checking
to see if you got this email issue resolved.

Thanks and kind regards,
Mike
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:
The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD changes have been delayed.
Please complete a re-registration process by entering the secure code
mpng2008
when prompted at the Newsgroup entry page.
Once you have entered the secure code mpng2008, you will be
able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups through the
web
or your NNTP account..
OUR APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE
------=_NextPart_0001_262F7D83

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 Hi Pat,
\par
\par This is Mike responding.  Thank you for your patience.  I am just checking to see if you got this email issue resolved.
\par
\par Thanks and kind regards,
\par Mike
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:
\par The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD changes have been delayed.
\par Please complete a re-registration process by entering the secure code mpng2008
\par when prompted at the Newsgroup entry page.
\par Once you have entered the secure code mpng2008, you will be
\par able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups through the web
\par or your NNTP account..
\par OUR APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_262F7D83--

0
mchristl
10/29/2007 2:35:59 PM
Thanks for following up Mike!  Here is the latest.  After verifying the
registry, per your suggestion, I decided to take a closer look at what was
going on.  As the mail box did not seem to be growing at all this indicated
that the eMails were not even making it to the mailbox.  The fact that it was
not shrinking indicated the eMail Router was not processing the mail.  My
conclusion was that there was in oversight in our production deployment of
Exchange 2007 and the eMail router update was not applied.  I have verified
that the update was not applied and all of our users are currently on
Exchange 2007.  So, there is a change ticket going through test and if it
looks like roses I will implement it into production.  At that time I will be
sure to update this post.  Very much appreciate the follow up Mike!

Thank you!

""Mike"" wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> This is Mike responding.  Thank you for your patience.  I am just checking
> to see if you got this email issue resolved.
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
> Mike
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
> PLEASE NOTE:
> The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD changes have been delayed.
> Please complete a re-registration process by entering the secure code
> mpng2008
> when prompted at the Newsgroup entry page.
> Once you have entered the secure code mpng2008, you will be
> able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups through the
> web
> or your NNTP account..
> OUR APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_3F1987F4

Hi Pat,

I am just checking in to see how you are getting along with this one.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Mike
Partner Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_3F1987F4

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 Hi Pat,
\par
\par I am just checking in to see how you are getting along with this one.
\par
\par Thanks!
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par Partner Newsgroup Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3F1987F4--

0
mchristl
12/4/2007 5:19:32 PM
Thanks Mike.  This one is going through our change process right now but once
we implement this I will let you know the results.

Thanks!

""Mike"" wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> I am just checking in to see how you are getting along with this one.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
> Mike
> Partner Newsgroup Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
> break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
> We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
> posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
> from you!
> that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

if cell is text move left one column

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

crm consultant needed asap

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2