CRM mail merge of date attributes showing both Date & Time

Hi

Mail Merge of date attribute to MS Word is showing up with both date and
time components.
Eventhough the date attribute is formatted as 'Date Only' in CRM and it only
shows just the Date on the CRM screen.
However when mail merging the same Date attribute to Microsoft word, bith
Date & Time  shows up in the document. What can we do to make the time
component disappear?

thanks
Kyaw
0
KyawZayYa (4)
3/23/2009 4:04:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What you can do is use Merge Fields in Word to format the CRM field to only
show the date .... so after you insert the Date field into your Word
document, do the following:
-  Push Alt + F9 (this will put you into Merge Fields view)
   Your date field will look something like this in that view:
   { MERGEFIELD Created_On }
-  Before the last curley bracket, type the following:
   \@ "M/d/yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT
   Your field will now look like this:
   { MERGEFIELD Created_On \@ "M/d/yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT }
- Push Alt + F9 again to get back to the normal mail merge view.

That should give you "1/22/2009" instead of "1/22/2009 5:11 AM".

Hope this helps ...

Thanks,
Maryse

"Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Mail Merge of date attribute to MS Word is showing up with both date and
> time components.
> Eventhough the date attribute is formatted as 'Date Only' in CRM and it only
> shows just the Date on the CRM screen.
> However when mail merging the same Date attribute to Microsoft word, bith
> Date & Time  shows up in the document. What can we do to make the time
> component disappear?
>
> thanks
> Kyaw
0
CRM9284 (26)
4/9/2009 1:31:01 AM
Hi - i have the same problem, but this cannot be resolved this way as my
problem is in an email template, not a mail merge in Word.  How can i make
the field only show the date, as the time is defaulting to 12:00 AM which is
confusing for the customer who receives the email.

Thanks
Matt

"Maryse" wrote:

> What you can do is use Merge Fields in Word to format the CRM field to only
> show the date .... so after you insert the Date field into your Word
> document, do the following:
> -  Push Alt + F9 (this will put you into Merge Fields view)
>    Your date field will look something like this in that view:
>    { MERGEFIELD Created_On }
> -  Before the last curley bracket, type the following:
>    \@ "M/d/yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT
>    Your field will now look like this:
>    { MERGEFIELD Created_On \@ "M/d/yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT }
> - Push Alt + F9 again to get back to the normal mail merge view.
>
> That should give you "1/22/2009" instead of "1/22/2009 5:11 AM".
>
> Hope this helps ...
>
> Thanks,
> Maryse
>

> "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Mail Merge of date attribute to MS Word is showing up with both date and
> > time components.
> > Eventhough the date attribute is formatted as 'Date Only' in CRM and it only
> > shows just the Date on the CRM screen.
> > However when mail merging the same Date attribute to Microsoft word, bith
> > Date & Time  shows up in the document. What can we do to make the time
> > component disappear?
> >
> > thanks
> > Kyaw
Thanks

I will try your suggestion.

Regards,
Kyaw

"Maryse" wrote:

> What you can do is use Merge Fields in Word to format the CRM field to only
> show the date .... so after you insert the Date field into your Word
> document, do the following:
> -  Push Alt + F9 (this will put you into Merge Fields view)
>    Your date field will look something like this in that view:
>    { MERGEFIELD Created_On }
> -  Before the last curley bracket, type the following:
>    \@ "M/d/yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT
>    Your field will now look like this:
>    { MERGEFIELD Created_On \@ "M/d/yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT }
> - Push Alt + F9 again to get back to the normal mail merge view.
>
> That should give you "1/22/2009" instead of "1/22/2009 5:11 AM".
>
> Hope this helps ...
>
> Thanks,
> Maryse
>

> "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Mail Merge of date attribute to MS Word is showing up with both date and
> > time components.
> > Eventhough the date attribute is formatted as 'Date Only' in CRM and it only
> > shows just the Date on the CRM screen.
> > However when mail merging the same Date attribute to Microsoft word, bith
> > Date & Time  shows up in the document. What can we do to make the time
> > component disappear?
> >
> > thanks
> > Kyaw
0
KyawZayYa (4)

BOM changes using out date
Is it possible to change the quantity on a compnent item in a BOM and have that change be date sensitive? We have a situation where the current BOM calls for 3 of an item. Begining on a certain date that quantit will change to 2 and a new item will be added to the BOM. Haven't found a way to handle this yet, other than remembering to change the particular BOM on the specific date. Any ideas? -- Jim@TurboChef Jim, Have you tried using the Effective and Obsolete Dates? Make the item with quantity of 3 obsolete on a specific date. Add the item to the BOM a second time with a q...

changing the format of dates
I store dates in my database in a field with yymmdd as the format. Is it possible to then have a seperate column that displays the month of the entry as the 3 letter designator for the month? For example if the date column reads 071121, can the next column read "NOV"? thanks for the help ben -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are storing dates as 6 digits (yymmdd) in a *Text* field, create a query and type an expression like this into the Field row: TheMonth: Format(DateSerial(Left([d],2), Mid([d],3,2), Right([d],2)), "MMM") Replace the [d]...

E-mail through CRM should include spell check
Our users generally have spell check turned on for e-mails sent through Outlook. It would be nice if this option were also available when sending e-mails through CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

HELP!
xp_sendmail has died on our SQL Server, I get error "xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005" if I try using it. I believe that the reason that this has happened is because the SQL Server service account is unable to send mail, as follows: If I log on to Outlook Web Access as the SQL Server service account (SVC_SqlServer) I am able to receive mail. However, any mail sent from this account simply dissapears. It appears in the Sent items folder (in OWA for the SVC_SqlServer account) but the recipient (me, in this case) never receives it! Does anyone know why this account is ...

Need help with mailing list
I have two mailing lists. List A is approximately 16,000 customers. List B is about 6,000 customers. All of the customers on List B are also on List A. I need to remove all of the customers on List B, from List A. My expected result is List A minus List B = List C (new list of about 10,000). This should be simple, but I do not know how to start. ...

Offline and Online mail
Hello all, the problem that I am having is when a user of mine works in "offline" mode, she works on some emails, hits the send button and it waits in the outbox until she connects like it should. The problem is that the emails that were typed while offline does not show in the sent folder after she his the send/receive. The emails are being sent but the user really wants them to show up in the online sent folder. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!! Jarrod ...

Mail Merge to an email message
When I attempt to use the mail merge option to send an email message to a list from a database, I get to the end, hit the merge button, and nothing happens. Nothing gets sent. What am i doing wrong? How would we know? You did not tell us anything. Include precise steps, versions, the data source and how your Outlook profile is configured. We have nothing to go on. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joe bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d88401c453ed$bbed9280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the mail merge option to send an > ...

Time of by 1 hour
Hello, the time I receieve my emails are off by 1 hour . How can I fix this? Thanks in advance. Chris Check your time zone and daylight saving time settings in both Windows *and* Outlook on your machine. If all of those are correct, it's a server problem. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2cf9e01c469e6$66dcd6c0$a401280a@phx.gbl, chris wrote: > Hello, the time I receieve my emails are off by 1 hour . > How can I fix this? > > Th...

CRM Mobile 3.0 Swedish
When will this be available from Microsoft? Timeplan? Regards, Jan Berggren ...

MS Outlook as default mail
I have a newer computer and Outlook express is the default email package. I went to Tools Internet options programs email but there is no listing for outlook. Just outlook express and MSN (MSN is my service provider) How can I get Outlook as the default? Thanks Do you have Office installed? What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddLicenseAction failed
Hi I'm trying to install CRM in SBS2203 with SP1 and SQL Server 2005. I get that error and the installation fails. Can anybody help me? -- Siscad Manager I had the same error, but managed to solve it thanks to information from Matt Parks, MVP. This error normally occurs when you are installing a new license of CRM using an existing database. Remove the license information from the table License and reinstall. Ref. info from Matt Parks: 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Edit the License table and delete the 1 row that should be there 3) Install CRM with your real license and point to the existin...

"More Details" link in an e-mail newsletter in Publisher?
How does one use the "More Details" link in an e-mail newsletter (Publisher 2003)? I am simply writing articles without links to any web pages. Should I use these links to continue the articles in Word and how so? I've had trouble finding information on this. Thank you! ...

Serious Security Flaw in Junk Mail Folder
A flaw igsists in the Windows Mail, Junk folder. The filters catch and route junk and spam to the folder however, whenever I open the folder to ckeck for "miss directed" mail...the program automaticaly OPENS the first message. Iam most cases it cause a flood of MORE spam mail to download. The user should have to "select and open" mail and not have it automatic. This current situation only permotes more junk mail and puts the user at risk for trojans and tracking emails. Uncheck the Preview Pane before going to the Junk folder. It works the same as the ...

links in windows live mail beta
when I send a link to windows live mail beta it is not active so you can't open it I can send the same link to yahoo and you can open it. Is there something I can do to make this work ? Thanks It won't be active in the message composition window. Never has been in any version of WLM (or Outlook Express for that matter). It should be active in your Sent Items folder and when received. Is that not the case? If not, are you using Plain Text or HTML format? How are you inserting the link? Are you including the full link, including the http:// ? -- Mike...

text format to date format
I have 2 question: 1. I export data from excel 4.0 to Access 2003, in Excel my data have text format, I want change data to date format... example my data in excel like this 2009-11-23-08.25.24 I want change to date format 23-11-2009 08:25:24 2. I have data like this CPN09003947-1-1-CPN31000006 and I want take that data until after "-", but some time count of data is different example HSJA22160061-1-1-SJA20900332 please help me,,, what can I do???? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201004/1 ...

Can I prevent Excel converting to date format?
I was wondering if there was a setting or any way to prevent Excel from converting certain numbers to dates. e.g. 11/7 will be converted automatically to 11/07/2005. This appears as 11-Jul in the cell. This problem also happens with 11-7. This is very annoying because it would appear that there is actually no way of having two numbers (which happen to be low enough numbers to be dates) separated by a forward slash or a hyphen. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? If you're typing these values into the cell, you can either prefix them with a leading apostrophe: '11/7 ...

how to backup mail account settings
I have lots of email accounts and would like to backup my mail account settings. I know that the passwords will not be saved but I would just like to save the settings. I am happy to also save all my mail with the mail account settings if necessary. Can you please tell me if this is possible. I have tried using outlook backup but this only saves mail and not settings and I think that it used to be possible using File and Settings Transfer but cannot seem to do this with Office 2003. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003. Many thanks Outlook 2003 does not have the ability to export your account...

Apply-user-defined table style only to tables with no vertically merged cells
Dear Experts: below simple macros applies a user-defined table styles to all tables in the current document. It works fine. I wonder whether it is possible... .... to check each table for vertically merged cells and... .....only apply the user-defined table style to tables without any vertically merged cells .... the index number of tables which have not been worked on because of this is to be displayed in a msgbox Hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ApplyTblStyl...

publisher won't show graphic items
Publisher thinks I only want to see text so I can't see textbox borders, wordart or graphics. This happened before with an update of Adobe reader. I deleted the adobe and the stuff came back. Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "teacher" <teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A933709E-C0D0-4AE7-8854-BA35C98E1020@microsoft.com... > Publisher thinks I only want to see text so I can't see textbox borders...

MS CRM SBE
Can you install in SBE Server20003 with Exchange in a seperate physical machine? SEB Premuium (windows, SQL) in one machine but Exchange in other box, would I be able to install MS CRM SBE in box one? Thanks in Advance. I know MS only supports one box installation for SBE but has any one tried it? what problem have you faced? ...

unable to delete more than one mail at a time
Dear all, After replacing the Hardware of our exchange server, we are now unable to delete more than one mail at a time in the mailbox. If we try to do so, outlook hangs. Please suggest a remedy for this problem. regards, Haritha. Im gonna WAG and say you are using Exchange 5.5. If so, run the Performance Optimizer. On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 02:29:36 -0700, "Haritha_Vonteru" <Haritha_Vonteru@satyam.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >After replacing the Hardware of our exchange server, we >are now unable to delete more than one mail at a time in >the mailbox. I...

Word as e-mail editor in Outlook
I use Outlook 2000. It has stopped accepting Word (2000) as the e-mail editor. I have read the releases on this issue and tried the suggested "cure" (removing "@" from the computer name), but this was not the cause of the problem. I have gone to Tools>Options>Mail Format many times and clicked the "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" box several times and clicked "Apply". But the box clears each time I try to send e-mail. I continue to get the message "Word is either too busy or cannot be found." How do I get Outlook...

Closing "Send to Mail Recipient Toolbar"
After a spreadsheet has been sent to a mail recipient and then reopened a second time, the Mail recipient toolbar with the "To, Copy, Subject and Introduction" lines remain taking upp valuable monitor real estate. Is there a means of shutting this toolbar off after the file is reopened? Hi John Click on the Mail button again in the standard toolbar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "John Neighbors" <jneighbors@sprottewatson.com> wrote in message news:OPKaFCUsEHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > After a spreadsheet has been sent to a mail reci...

E-mail and vacations
There is a way to post an "out of office auto reply" message on my e-mail while I am on vacation and I cannot figure out how to do this. I know it exists because I have received the messages from collegues. Can anyone help me with this process??? If you are using an Exchange server, yes, Otherwise, you will need to use Rules Wizard, leave your machine on, and set it to periodically check for mail. The downside to this is that you will confirm your email address as "valid" to any spam messages that you get. You may want to see if your ISP offers this service as...