CRM locking up Outlook

I have several users that I installed CRM 3.0 on for testing. Everyone has
been working fine. I am now in the process of installing the client on
additional users, and every one of them now has an issue of locking up
Outlook if you click on any CRM folder or menu item. None of the users that
were originally installed is having this problem. Does anyone know of an
issue that may be causing this?  Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you find a solution, please let me know.  This issue occurs regularly
for my users.  I am using Vista with Office 2007.  I've tried the latest
 CRM client update, and I am not 100% sure that the issue hasn't gotten
worse.

It's so bad that my users no longer use Outlook for accessing the CRM,
which is frustrating, since we chose the CRM for it's supposed
integration capabilities!

Nolan

Onetreeup wrote:
> I have several users that I installed CRM 3.0 on for testing. Everyone has
> been working fine. I am now in the process of installing the client on
> additional users, and every one of them now has an issue of locking up
> Outlook if you click on any CRM folder or menu item. None of the users that
> were originally installed is having this problem. Does anyone know of an
> issue that may be causing this?  Thanks
0
Nolan
7/16/2007 8:26:15 PM
Hi Nolan,

I actually went back to the users, and tried doing a repair, then
reinstalling the updates, everything is working fine now on those. I'm not
sure why I am now having to install, then repair right behind that to get rid
of this problem, but it iw working.
I have not installed rollup 2 yet though.

"Nolan Garrett" wrote:

> If you find a solution, please let me know.  This issue occurs regularly
> for my users.  I am using Vista with Office 2007.  I've tried the latest
>  CRM client update, and I am not 100% sure that the issue hasn't gotten
> worse.
>
> It's so bad that my users no longer use Outlook for accessing the CRM,
> which is frustrating, since we chose the CRM for it's supposed
> integration capabilities!
>
> Nolan
>
> Onetreeup wrote:
> > I have several users that I installed CRM 3.0 on for testing. Everyone has
> > been working fine. I am now in the process of installing the client on
> > additional users, and every one of them now has an issue of locking up
> > Outlook if you click on any CRM folder or menu item. None of the users that
> > were originally installed is having this problem. Does anyone know of an
> > issue that may be causing this?  Thanks

I tried a repair install on mine, but that didn't fix the problem. What
OS / Office version are you using?

Onetreeup wrote:
> Hi Nolan,
>
> I actually went back to the users, and tried doing a repair, then
> reinstalling the updates, everything is working fine now on those. I'm not
> sure why I am now having to install, then repair right behind that to get rid
> of this problem, but it iw working.
> I have not installed rollup 2 yet though.
>
> "Nolan Garrett" wrote:
>
>> If you find a solution, please let me know.  This issue occurs regularly
>> for my users.  I am using Vista with Office 2007.  I've tried the latest
>>  CRM client update, and I am not 100% sure that the issue hasn't gotten
>> worse.
>>
>> It's so bad that my users no longer use Outlook for accessing the CRM,
>> which is frustrating, since we chose the CRM for it's supposed
>> integration capabilities!
>>
>> Nolan
>>
>> Onetreeup wrote:
>>> I have several users that I installed CRM 3.0 on for testing. Everyone has
>>> been working fine. I am now in the process of installing the client on
>>> additional users, and every one of them now has an issue of locking up
>>> Outlook if you click on any CRM folder or menu item. None of the users that
>>> were originally installed is having this problem. Does anyone know of an
>>> issue that may be causing this?  Thanks
0
Nolan
7/16/2007 10:03:35 PM
I'm guessing you are aware of this....but just to rule it out, there is a
new CRM client specifically for Vista / Office 2007.  Is that the one you
are using?

"Nolan Garrett" <nolan@massivegeek.com> wrote in message
>I tried a repair install on mine, but that didn't fix the problem. What
> OS / Office version are you using?
>
> Onetreeup wrote:
>> Hi Nolan,
>>
>> I actually went back to the users, and tried doing a repair, then
>> reinstalling the updates, everything is working fine now on those. I'm
>> not
>> sure why I am now having to install, then repair right behind that to get
>> rid
>> of this problem, but it iw working.
>> I have not installed rollup 2 yet though.
>>
>> "Nolan Garrett" wrote:
>>
>>> If you find a solution, please let me know.  This issue occurs regularly
>>> for my users.  I am using Vista with Office 2007.  I've tried the latest
>>>  CRM client update, and I am not 100% sure that the issue hasn't gotten
>>> worse.
>>>
>>> It's so bad that my users no longer use Outlook for accessing the CRM,
>>> which is frustrating, since we chose the CRM for it's supposed
>>> integration capabilities!
>>>
>>> Nolan

0
Dan
7/16/2007 10:32:23 PM
We are using XP SP2, with Office 2003, the response after for the Vista
client may be what you are looking for.

"Nolan Garrett" wrote:

> I tried a repair install on mine, but that didn't fix the problem. What
> OS / Office version are you using?
>
> Onetreeup wrote:
> > Hi Nolan,
> >
> > I actually went back to the users, and tried doing a repair, then
> > reinstalling the updates, everything is working fine now on those. I'm not
> > sure why I am now having to install, then repair right behind that to get rid
> > of this problem, but it iw working.
> > I have not installed rollup 2 yet though.
> >
> > "Nolan Garrett" wrote:
> >
> >> If you find a solution, please let me know.  This issue occurs regularly
> >> for my users.  I am using Vista with Office 2007.  I've tried the latest
> >>  CRM client update, and I am not 100% sure that the issue hasn't gotten
> >> worse.
> >>
> >> It's so bad that my users no longer use Outlook for accessing the CRM,
> >> which is frustrating, since we chose the CRM for it's supposed
> >> integration capabilities!
> >>
> >> Nolan

Yes, we've been using this since it came out.  I am sure I am using this
system since I have the ribbon bar integration and all that.  I've also
installed the rollup update 2.

Dan Brimley wrote:
> I'm guessing you are aware of this....but just to rule it out, there is
> a new CRM client specifically for Vista / Office 2007.  Is that the one
> you are using?

0
Nolan
7/16/2007 11:49:10 PM
On Jul 17, 8:49 am, Nolan Garrett <no...@massivegeek.com> wrote:
> Yes, we've been using this since it came out.  I am sure I am using this
> system since I have the ribbon bar integration and all that.  I've also
> installed the rollup update 2.
>

> Dan Brimley wrote:
> > I'm guessing you are aware of this....but just to rule it out, there is
> > a new CRM client specifically for Vista / Office 2007.  Is that the one
> > you are using?- Hide quoted text -

We also had problems with CRM causing Outlook to crash.  The situation
was slightly different, but we found that installing the following
hotfix solved our problem: Microsoft KB 931270.
You have to contact Microsoft to get it.

0
WiLLerZ
7/17/2007 5:09:16 AM
At this point I would look for something else causing a problem with the
client machines.  We all agree that it's a bit "touchy".  For instance, there
seems to be odd mixtures of BHOs in IE that cause the client to freeze up.
On some client machines they have the Yahoo tool bar and all it's friends
installed and nothing goes wrong.  Yet on other clients CRM will not work at
all. Even with "ALL" popups turned off.

So, I would dig a little deeper into the clients.  Does IE effect the CRM
Outlook client?  You bet it does.

"Onetreeup" wrote:

> We are using XP SP2, with Office 2003, the response after for the Vista
> client may be what you are looking for.
>
> "Nolan Garrett" wrote:
>
> > I tried a repair install on mine, but that didn't fix the problem. What
> > OS / Office version are you using?
> >
> > Onetreeup wrote:
> > > Hi Nolan,
> > >
> > > I actually went back to the users, and tried doing a repair, then
> > > reinstalling the updates, everything is working fine now on those. I'm not
> > > sure why I am now having to install, then repair right behind that to get rid
> > > of this problem, but it iw working.
> > > I have not installed rollup 2 yet though.

I have had these very same issues accross the board I am using the latest
client Office 2007 and Win XP.

On the Desktop client the Outlook freezing issue was the Adobe plug-in
disabled and all is well.

As for the Laptop client it when ever they attempt an upload the CRM plugin
takes a dump and then Outllook crashes.

Thoughts anyone?

"Curt Spanburgh" wrote:

> At this point I would look for something else causing a problem with the
> client machines.  We all agree that it's a bit "touchy".  For instance, there
> seems to be odd mixtures of BHOs in IE that cause the client to freeze up.
> On some client machines they have the Yahoo tool bar and all it's friends
> installed and nothing goes wrong.  Yet on other clients CRM will not work at
> all. Even with "ALL" popups turned off.
>
> So, I would dig a little deeper into the clients.  Does IE effect the CRM
> Outlook client?  You bet it does.
>

> "Onetreeup" wrote:
>
> > We are using XP SP2, with Office 2003, the response after for the Vista
> > client may be what you are looking for.
> >
> > "Nolan Garrett" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried a repair install on mine, but that didn't fix the problem. What
> > > OS / Office version are you using?

I have found a fix that seems to be working. First of all if anything is
installed during the initial installation that requires a reboot, I first do
a repair. After the repair then go to the web.config file. Complete the
following changes:

<httpRuntime
       maxRequestLength="10240"
       executionTimeout="36000"

Then go to the IE, and under Tools, Security, add your CRM website into the
trusted sites. Complete all of the above prior to opening Outlook for the
first time after installation. This is working for me.

"Vance Townsend" wrote:

> I have had these very same issues accross the board I am using the latest
> client Office 2007 and Win XP.
>
> On the Desktop client the Outlook freezing issue was the Adobe plug-in
> disabled and all is well.
>
> As for the Laptop client it when ever they attempt an upload the CRM plugin
> takes a dump and then Outllook crashes.
>
> Thoughts anyone?
>
> "Curt Spanburgh" wrote:
>
> > At this point I would look for something else causing a problem with the
> > client machines.  We all agree that it's a bit "touchy".  For instance, there
> > seems to be odd mixtures of BHOs in IE that cause the client to freeze up.
> > On some client machines they have the Yahoo tool bar and all it's friends
> > installed and nothing goes wrong.  Yet on other clients CRM will not work at
> > all. Even with "ALL" popups turned off.
> >
> > So, I would dig a little deeper into the clients.  Does IE effect the CRM
> > Outlook client?  You bet it does.
> >

> > "Onetreeup" wrote:
> >
> > > We are using XP SP2, with Office 2003, the response after for the Vista
> > > client may be what you are looking for.

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

outlook 2007 e-mail

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?