CRM Install 11-26-03

I did a install of CRM 1.0 from my MSDN subscription.
unfortunately when I did the install , i didnt notice the
licensing requirments

Now i want to change the name of the company to match with
the MSDn sunscriber... but i dotn find a way..

Any ideas
0
Muru
11/26/2003 3:56:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to reload as the company name determines both the database names
and also the Active Directory OU name

"Muru" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I did a install of CRM 1.0 from my MSDN subscription.
> unfortunately when I did the install , i didnt notice the
> licensing requirments
>
> Now i want to change the name of the company to match with
> the MSDn sunscriber... but i dotn find a way..
>
> Any ideas

0
John

installing outlook 2003
When installing office 2003 service pack (2) (sp2) , I get error message "The expect version of the product was not found on your system ...

Great Plains 8 install
Is there any way to perform an unattended install of Great Plains 8? We were able to do it for GP 7.5 using some creative methods (didn't involve snapshots), but the same method won't work for GP 8.0 I think the closest you will get is a good template that you can kick off with a setup.exe. However, you will still need to create the ODBC connection and install any non-Dex products like FRx. "JCas" <JCas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2AF298-0D09-497B-A9C6-2D58F4A1FDAA@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to perform an unattended install of G...

CRM 3 Outlook Client New Record Button
Hi, I have deployed a CRM 3 server and installed the Outlook Client on all of the users machines. In the client there is a button with a drop down to create new records, currently the drop down allows creation of Contacts and Accounts. We would like that button to allow creation of Leads as well, does anyone know how I can edit this button to allow leads to be created from the drop down? I look forward to any responses. Regards David In Outlook, click Options on the CRM menu. On the Workplace tab, check the sales box. That should add leads to the drop down of records to be crea...

error message 12-03-09
Every time I try to open a url from an email message, I get an error message telling me that window can not open it. But if I click off the error message and try to open the url again, it will open. Any body know why?? Thanks Actually the error message states that "Windows can not find the URL." thanks, dljfnp "dljfnp" wrote: > Every time I try to open a url from an email message, I get an error message > telling me that window can not open it. But if I click off the error message > and try to open the url again, it will open. Any body know why?? ...

[ANN] Super Tuesday Update is March 11
Be sure to subscribe to the Entourage Help Blog to get the latest info and help installing Office for Mac 2008 update 12.0.1. Reminder you must have AutoUpdater (MAU) 2.1.1 installed to get notified. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> NetNewsWire is now a free newsreader. Safari also includes RSS feeds. RSS Reader for Mac - NetNewsWire <http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/NetNewsWire/Default.aspx> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/&...

Documentation on CRM entities and attributes
I want to do a complete documentation for my customer. I’m presently in the Account-Attributes-Customization View. I want to integrate these attributes characteristics in my document (Name, Display Name, Type and Description). How can I do that? I’m not able to do a “Copy-Paste” from this Form to Excel or Word. Also, how may I have the PickList Values to integrate them in the documentation? In fact, the best solution for me would be a document that would include the merge of 3 specific information : 1- the information contains in http://servername/sdk/list.aspx 2- the inform...

Formula #11
Hallo ik heb 2 worksheets : Worksheet 1 : Col A : alleen waardes : 0 en 1 Col B & C : Data1 en Data2 Worksheet 2 : In dit worksheet wil ik alleen de waardes uit de kolommen B & C van 'Worksheet 1' maar alleen als in kolom A van 'Worksheet 1' de waarde 1 of hoger is! Wat voor een formule moet ik gebruiken? Als je de vraag niet snapt, ik heb een voorbeeld in een html bestand gezet : http://www.hexan.nl/news/excel.htm Bedankt, Marco J.L. Hi Marco you should probably ask this question either in English (as this is an english NG) or post it to your regional NG....

Migration of data fails
Anyone know how the CRM data migration framework works? I have in a test environment set up a new CRM 3.0 and populated it with users and some basic data. With the SSIS in SQL Server 2005 I have populated the Account table in the cd_mscrm database. Then when I try to use the "CRM data migration framework" and the CDF migrate wizard it says "The migration wizard completed succesfully". But no data are migrated. The table says 0 cdf records, 0 migrated records and 0 non migrated records. Still there are 3900 records in the account table. Why is they not counted - wha...

Installing MS Excel feature...
Hi! Since a few days when I call Excel I must wait before I can start working as there appears a message box "Installing : MS Excel feature" which needs about 30 sec to complete this installation. I have no idea what happened. Probably on of my sons made some test with some plugin, but they don't confirm it. I don't see anything strange. All plugins are switched off. Where should I look at in order to eliminate this delay at start? Thanks for your help Horst Hi! Since a few days when I call Excel I must wait before I can start working as there appears a message box "...

Probl�me to start reporting with CRM 3.0
Hello We have the CRM 3.0. In fact I made a report with visual studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005. The report has a hidden parameter. When I The visualized with visual studio, it works well. But when I includes the Level of CRM and try to start my error: "Reporting Services Error" "For more information about this error navigate to the report on the server Local server machine, or enable remote errors " "SQL Server Reporting Services Think you for your assistance Are you using a shared data source in your report? If you run the report directly from the CRM server, it...

Migration of BCM data to CRM 3.0 Professional
Hi, looking at the differences b/w the professional and SBS edition of CRM 3.0, I found that the profession edition is lacking a feature we need to get started, i.e. the BCM data migration wizard. This is vital to rapid production use of CRM 3.0 due to our large customer history base in BCM. OTOH, installing the SBS edition is not an option, since we are not running any SBS server, but rather an outgrown Windows Server 2003 infrastructure. Questions: 1. Is the BCM migration wizard available (technically) in the professional version of CRM 3.0? 2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, are ...

installing add-in analysis toolpak
I need to use the data analysis in Excel. I cannot install it, due to windows installer error 1635. I don't have the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\ DFAD2CEE8555CA04E8C905508C8F018E so it is not that. What else can it be ? Thanks. Janiv Ratson. hmm? from controlpanel add/remove programs select Microsoft Office click change add/remove features click next in office 2003 you need to check Advanced customization of application open the tree for Excel goto Addins select Analysis Toolpak select Run From My Computer click Update. -- keepITcool | www...

OFFICE 2007 installation with NO DISC
how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key of the version i boght have lost the disc How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Tim wrote: > how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key > of the version i boght have lost the disc "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E77A079B-06B5-44FF-BF1E-504BA831B8C5@microsoft.com... > how can / where can ...

Install Workflow Manager & Tools on remote workstation
I've been looking for a way to install the Workflow Manager and other CRM tools to a remote workstation (not CRM server). I want to allow make it so a CRM admin can work with the CRM system but not have access or have to terminal to the CRM server itself. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Chard so far this cannot be done. Many have tried and failed (myself included), if you manage to get it working then let us all know! -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Chard" <msnews@anark.com> wrote in ...

2003 IMF got installed on Exchange 2000?
I'm looking at some memory dumps and it appears that SMTP is loading the msgfilter.dll from Exchange 2003 and causing the process to crash. The msgfilter.dll is part of the IMF so I am trying to understand how it got installed on this Exchange 2000 server. The dll is currently being loaded as an event sink so it was somehow registered into the metabase. Is it possible that Windows Update or something else installed the 2003 IMF on my Exchange 2000SP3 server? ...

where to buy CRM / how much
I can't seem to find standard pricing for CRM anywhere. I have talked to several "partners" who want to meet, etc. and discuss my needs. I am just looking for general pricing to decide if I should offer this product to my customer base. The flash demo looks great and I have customers always asking about it to replace ACT and Goldmine... any guidance would be appreciated... go to www.greatplains.com and dig around...sounds like you want to become an MBS partner "Andrew [VPN]" <smpclient@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0d0701c38e72$d0b589c0$a401280a@phx...

CRM 1.2 Installation failed
Hi, I got an error message trying to install CRM 1.2 on a fresh installed Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2000. The error message is as followed: Error 1713. Microsoft CRM Server cannot install one of its requred products. Contact yur technical support group. What does the error message mean? Anyone there has encountered the same problem? The AD, SQL ,IIS are all in good working order. I could not think of anything that could cause the problem. I am using the Adventure Works Cyclte sample key. Thanks in advance. Alex > I got an error message trying to install CRM 1.2 on a > fresh ...

Error 13 Type Mismatch 03-07-10
Need help solving a type mismatch error on the following code: Many thanks! Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) 'Limits the number of records allowed 'based on the field FloorProgMaxObservations If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = _ " & Me.AuditID.Value & "" And _ "[FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _ Me.FloorProgCriteriaID.Value & "" And _ "[AuditorID] = '" & Me.AuditorID.Value & "'") = _ ...

CRM 4.0 Installation error #3
Hi, i am trying to install Dynamics CRM4.0, but I get an error in the setup check. The error is: Service msftesql$CRM was not found on computer 'CRMSERVER'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service I checked in the help what can I do and it say that the possible reasons for this error are: 1. SQL Server FullText Search service is not running 2. You do not have sufficient rights I check the SQL Server FullText Search service and it is up and running. I am installing the CRM server as Administrator and I do not believe that i do not have rights or permissions....

Installation issue with v3.0 installer
Started the installer under the server logged in as a domain admin and could only get so far. So what i did was log on as the administrator and then ran the installation and got the error as below: "SHGETFolder Path failed failed. For additional details seed logfile C:\documents and settings\administrator.mainoffice\application data\microsoft\mscrm\logs\crm30svrsetup.log" 15:37:03| Error| SHGetFolderPath failed failed., Error, OK 15:37:03| Info| InputResult: OK 15:37:03| Info| === Setup bootstrap logging ended 16/01/2006 15:37:03 === 15:05:33| Info| === Setup bootstrap l...

Signature on CRM emails
Hi Does anyone know how i can get my email signature to automatically appear on CRM emails sent from Outlook? Thanks, Dylan If you have an email signature configured in Outlook it should show up in CRM e-mails when you click on the "CRM E-mail" button on the CRM SFO add-in toolbar. This is separate from any email signature template you may have set up within CRM. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dylan Mines" wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone know how i can get my email signature to automatically appear on > CRM emails sent from Outlook...

All emails track in CRM for only 1 user.
This is happening to only one user and their settings are identical to working users. The user is NOT set to "Track All". Confidential emails are ending up in CRM for all to see. We upgraded in mid Feb to 3 from 1.2. This may be related or not but the same user is the only one that gets a blank c360 "My Summary". ...

Installation software
Does anyone have suggestions on Intallation software? Install Shield seems a bit pricy. I just need to install an application with a help file and a couple of activex components and a print driver onto a local machine. Thanks I have used Wise in the past with good success. I think now microsoft ships its own using MSI in latest versions of VS. I dont have the details though. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mao" <NONOSPAM123@@datasouth.com> wrote in message news:#gKL16z5DHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Does anyone have suggestions on Intallation software...

Trouble installing SP1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to install the SP1 update, I get as far as the installer, and then when it comes to select my HD to install, it comes up with this message: You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. Why is this? I did install Office onto my HD! I'm a new Mac user so bear with me if I'm making a terrible newbie mistake! "Jayby86@officeformac.com" wrote: > When I try to install the SP1 update...

Outlook Profiles #11
On our network for a user to actually use Outlook on a different PC a profile for that user has to be created on the other PC. I'm wondering, if there is a profile for a user on 3 different PC's and on each PC there is a different setting for for the amount of Free\Busy time that will be published, how does Outlook determine what someone trying to schedule a meeting with that person see? For example one profile publishes 2 months, another 6, and another 12. When I try to schedule a meeting with that person will I be able to see their availability for 2, 6 or 12 months? You will see w...