CRM hosting service

I have some questions when we do CRM hosting service:

- Is the hosted server must be the second domain controller of client's
domain.
- And so do we need each server for each client we do the service?

Thank you.
0
dorekofu (43)
6/9/2008 3:40:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Service Contract Deletion
Is there any way to delete a contract that has a status of cancled or invoiced? When ever we try to delte these contracts it says the current status of this contract does not allow this action. I tried renewing the contract, that one I could delete, but it still leaves the contract with the status of cancled in the list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Billy Dodson Billy, From a built-in supported functionality side, once the contract becomes active it can't be deleted. In general, the tool prevents you from deleting entries that might cause a data integrity problem or would rem...

POP3 and IMAP services not starting
Starting IMAP returns: The IMAP4 Service is not Started And in Services the IMAP4 is listed as Starting and appears to be stuck there. (Sometimes starting IMAP gives a 'Returned a service-specific error' but there is no IMAP specific messages in the event viewer, however there are a number of MAPI errors that suggest that the Information Store is not started, even though it says that it is) Trying to start POP3 gives: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress ...

Ask Product Support About CRM Security--Today!
Hi all, Michelle here, from the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site. I want to let you know that this week Tanim Ahmed, a technical lead on the Microsoft CRM Product Support Team, will be answering user questions about troubleshooting Microsoft CRM security -- right in this newsgroup. To ask Tanim a question, visit the following newsgroup thread and make your post there: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.crm&p=1&tid=cb8ba1e8-4489-4364-8d74-1b...

CRM 3.0 Improvement Suggestion
Just trying to find Product Id's using Advanced Find at it is VERY time consuming. One improvement that would immediately help is after you select the field. E.g. ID, then a criteria e.g. Contains, then type in the ID you CANNOT press Enter to start the search. You have to actually click Find, which slows this process down. Any improvement on changing products by searching for ID's or even allowing in the main table view to search by Product ID would be a VAST improvement. Thanks for your consideration. Shauna Also after it has found the item(s) you were looking for and dis...

Cannot Promote E-mail from InBox in CRM 1.2
Hello! We have a successful installation of CRM 1.2, but we have been unable to use the "Promote to CRM Activity" feature in SFO. We have installed many of the updates and hot-fixes, but we continue to have this problem. The error shuts down Outlook, and points to the CRMADDIN.DLL add-in. We've removed it and re-installed it several times, but continue to have the same problem. Is there something we are missing, since I do not see many others with this type of problem. Thank you kindly, John what error do you get? also have you verified the problem the user is reporting...

Exchange Service amd Internet E-Mail Service on the same computer
I am running Outlook 2002 connecting to a Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. The Outlook client is configured with both the MS-Exchange service and the Internet E-Mail service. Exchange is used for local e-mail and public folder sharing, and Internet E-Mail is used for SMTP/POP3 internet mail. Should these two be able to coexist. Sometimes I get system undeliverable kick backs on internet mail and it appears that it was being processed by the MS-Exchange transport instead of the Internet Mail service. Thanks a lot, JH Internet mail service and Exchange service should always exist in the...

CRM 3.0 over SSL
I am trying to change a CRM deployment so that it now is accessible over SSL. I have added the certificate to the CRM website with the name crm.companyname.com and set the SSL port to 442. Before changing the registry settings e.g. ServerURl I can access the CRm website using: http://localhost:5555 https://servername:442 but not using https://crm.companyname.com - I get you are not authorized to view this page. When I change the registry settings to https://servername:442/MSCRMServices or https://crm.comapnyname.com:442/MSCRMServices and I use http://localhost:5555 or https://servername:442...

Installing CRM 3.0 on two servers
Dear All, In every installation of CRM 3.0 in an environment with two servers (one for CRM and one for SQL/Reporting services) I am running in various security issues which either have to do with CRM or with Reporting Services or a combination of the two. What are your suggestions on the security credentials under which the different services comprising the solution should run under ? Reporting Services is also something which causes issues. Any suggestions "from the field" on this matter ? Also, what needs to be done when the AD is based on Windows 2003 as compared to AD which i...

Great Plains CRM integration install
when i try to install great plains to crm 3.0 integration, it hangs on registering com+ applications. anyone have a solution for this. You can have a look at the IntInstall.log file present in the drive in which great plains to CRM integration 3.0 is being installed. This could possibly tell you about the error. Hi Shawn, Can you provide some information: -- Environment -- Topology of machines -- Components you are installing and the order in which you are installing. -- in C drive you will...

Outlook 2007 ole registration error in Terminal Services 01-11-10
Hi, I've a Citrix Environment which I look after. My predecessor did the install of Outlook 2007 into the environment so I'm without history on the setup. Still, all is not lost and I've been testing extensively but still to no avail. I'm getting the "An OLE registration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." when I try to use the search bar in Outlook. I've tried the regsvr32 ole32.dll fix and the deleting all Application Data files for Outlook in the roaming and local profiles and still...

CRM integration #2
Hi, CRM is quite new (well very new!!) to me - and I am playing with Data Integration. I have the following to ask: I have a SQL Server Table with Customer Account Details. A master application feeds this table with information form a mainframe system. This SQL Table contains the master source of the data. The problem is that I need to do integration between this SQL Account table and CRM. Thus, I have to consider 3 operations that might be exercised on the Records namely: CRMAccount.Create() CRMAccount.Update() CRMAccount.MarkAsDeleted() If Data is inserted into the SQL Table, a ...

CRM Queue 12-21-05
I have a question regarding CRM Queues with CRM 1.2 and EXCH 2000. I read the IG and have created the AD accounts. I have 2 CRM Queue's that are receiving external e-mails in CRM; however, one of one of the Queue's is sending "non delivery report" error in e-mail when sending e-mail to this queue internally or externally. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Mike ...

Microsoft CRM import/export and ERP integration
Do you need to import/export data with Microsoft CRM or even integrate with other systems, be sure to look at this new product QuickBix Integration Suite -2007, http://www.quickbix.com. ...

Genertic Host Process & svchost.exe application error.
Hi. I just frankly need help, period. I am writing this before class and hope for an answer soon. To begin with, I am not tech savy. My laptop originally was erased clean and started everything from stratch by my boyfriend, who is tech savy. It went fine from then. I got a Windows Pro SP3 from that. I'm a little fuzzy with the time line, but I assume it went like this: two weeks later, I installed HP for the printer, my roommate's printer. And I think the problems started after but I am not sure. But I have uninstalled HP just in case and am wary of it now. But that didn&...

Email error message when online CRM 3.0
When I am online and trying to send an email from the CRM I get the following error message. Can anyone help me as to why this is happening. Thanks. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable ...

Allocate items to service call from PO receipt
The system should auto allocate items when the are received from POs that were created from the Inventory requirements window. That way the inventory does not get stolen for another service call or sale. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

RE: Mail merge does not work with the old records from CRM 3.0
I had this problem also. In the Administration tab of the account properties you need to have the "Send Marketing material" radio button set to on. After that the data from CRM passes. -Joseph Hi Joseph, Thanks . In addition ,one needs to make it sure that : Do not allow Bulk Email Do not allow Bulk Mail Dont allow emails Dont allow Mials are also checked /Aamir ...

CRM upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 12-11-07
We have a CRM 1.2 installation which we would like to upgrade to CRM 3.0. I believe this is a free upgrade but I don't know how I can obtain the key. While installing CRM, it is asking for a license key and if we do not provide the right key, it is going to be in demo mode in 30 days. Is there a way to obtain the key from microsoft? Microsoft CRM upgrades are usually free if you have valid Software Assurance. I would suggest you check your CustomerSource account https://mbs.microsoft.com/CustomerSource and/or contact the licensing reseller you bought CRM 1.2 from. Paul Velgos GNC...

CRM 3.0 / Oulook 2003
Hello Every1, I am looking for doc or manual which explains in details about integration of outlook 2003 and MS CRM I had currently SBS 2003 Box with Exchange 2003 & CRM installed and configured. I am facing an issue related to CRM, i find activities under Outlook (CRM PST) but when i check same on CRM Web i see nothing in same client. can any1 point me what could be issue :-)? Regards, Sunil ...

Deleting note on MS CRM
Hi there, In our current policy Any User cannot delete any notes even if he is the owner of his/her cases. But here we have to change little bit as I would like to give some privilege to all company user as they should be able to delete their own (ONLY) notes. Is there any possibility if yes how should I do? I will highly appreciate if you could help me out. Thanking you in advance, You can edit the user's security role in the customization area of the CRM web interface. Go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security Roles and double-click the role you want to...

MS Notice Concerning Money Plus Online Services
Many thanks from a lurker to all who provide tempered and patient suggestions ... For those tempted to rely upon the availability of MS Money Plus online services... The quotation below is an excerpt from the "Important Limitations and Notices:" section of a product MS Money Plus product information display. The excerpt was retrieved on August 20, 2007 from a www.microsoft.com page/display accessed using the link copied below: http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=001&active_tab=Compare <QUOTE> For Microsoft Money Plus, online services available for t...

Loosing Windows Auth Over Multiple Web Services
Hey, I have a bit of a tricky problem, here is a quick overview. I have a website which connects to a webservice, this web service is a front for access to the Reporting Services Web Service, the middle web service just provides some simpler functions for creating reports on the fly. The initial web site is set up to use windows auth and to impersonate. The middle web service is set up to use windows auth but not to impersonate and the RS web services is set up to use windows auth and to impersonate. The initial web site captures the user correctly, but by the time it gets to the ...

Can not send emails between crm users with the website email activity
I can send emails to other domains, there are no problems. But, if I want to send emails to other CRM users I cant do this. They get no error message or other. This is only with the Website email activity. Has anybody an idea? "If I want to send emails to other CRM users I cant do this"...does other CRM mean, as in Goldmine etc etc or other MS CRM users... If its the latter (MS CRM users), do check if the contacts have a primary email address. If thats there, then while selecting the contacts and sending the mail...click the TO button and verify if the email ID's are proper...

Anyone using Crystal Enterprise with CRM 3.0?
Interested if anyone is using (or considered using) Crystal Enterprise/Viewers (for whatever reason) with CRM 3.0 and would like to hear any lessons learnt. (One of our clients has an existing Crystal Enterprise system, and on the face of it there could be savings from having to upgrade thirty custom crystal reports created for CRM 1.2) Thanks Peter ...

Reinstalled sql 2000 reporting services now cant see any reports
hello, I have reinstalled my sql server 2000 reporting services, the install completed successfully and i was able to publish my reports. i can view the reports in http://servername/reports and evn run them and get data back! but in CRM the reports just arent there! I have Googled around and added domain\computername$ to CRM pblish right but this did nothing... What else can i try please>???? Thanks Ian Ian, Make sure the organization name you used when you publish the reports matches your crm organization name exactly, with _MSCRM appended. Also, check out http://www.micros...