CRM for international companies - multiple currencies

Hi,

Being an international company, our pricelists are in
different currencies. MS CRM stores the currency on the
Organization level and not on the Business Unit level,
which essentially prevents our use of it.

(1) Any suggestions for a way to overcome this problem
(besides "translating" the EU, EMEA and US pricelist to
one currency, e.g. dollars, or waiting for CRM 2.0) ?

(2) I noticed that the database schema
contains "Organization ID" for all basic tables. This
probably means that multiple organizations can run on the
same CRM server. Currently, I can't see any way to add
another organization. Is this feature coming up ? This
can solve the currency problem but probably create
administrative and reporting problems (e.g. the CEO wants
to see one pipeline report).

Bottom line - Is support of multiple currencies in
Microsoft's development roadmap ?

Thanks,
Jeff.
0
Jeff
2/10/2004 4:36:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you tried having several price lists, ie a USD price
list a Euro pricelist, etc, and linking the appropriate
pricelist to each account?  This should work if you update
your prices say monthly, and do not need real time price
conversion.

Gill

0
Gill
2/10/2004 9:15:15 PM
You bascially suggest to translate all the prices to,
lets say, US Dollars. Financially, this will be fine. But
it means, for instance, that EU quotes will be in USD.
I'm not sure that a customer will be too happy to get a
12,323.79 USD quote instead of 10,000 Euro...

0
Jeff

Outlook Multiple Profiles at the Same Time
I have two separate icons set up on my desktop to call Outlook using /profiles switch for profiles A & B. I can double click one for A, and it opens my POP3 account for profile A. Then I close it and double click one for B, then it opens my Exchange Server account for profile B. The problem is if I don't close the one for profile A and try to open the one for B, then even if the switch is set to open profile B, it just opens profile A again. Can someone tell me how I can have two separate Outlook for two separate profiles open at the same time? Adding POP3 to my Exchange S...

Linked cells in Multiple Workbooks
I am tracking dates and have linked cells from another workbook so as t not have to duplicate the data entry of dates. The dates are linked t projects that are listed in rows and there is information in m workbook that is additional information within the row. So if someon changes the order of the other workbook, the information that is in m workbook does not get sorted with the order. Is there a way to link m cells to the linked cells? ie. Project ID Start Date Milestone EndDate Person Assigned 1234 (linked) 11/15/04 11/20/04(lin...

Multiple instances of a property sheet
I have two windows as part of my application, say W1 and W2. They are both derived from CFrameWnd. I have a class derived from CPropertySheet that is instantiated/displayed by both windows. When I create an instance of my property sheet (let's call it P1) from W1 (the property sheet is modal to W1) and then create another instance of my property sheet (P2) from W2 (modal to W2), I cannot close P1 by clicking OK or Cancel. Clicking OK or Cancel is completely ineffective; the dialog remains open. Then, if I close P2 by clicking OK or Cancel, both property sheets are closed. I augment CProp...

XmlSerialzer error when multiple nillable elements of userdefined
Hi i am getting the following error while using XMLSerializer XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Person)); ERROR: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'XSD.BiodataGender?' to 'XSD.BiodataRace?'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) I am getting the above error when my xsd has multiple nillable elements of userdefined type. If I change the type of either race or gender to String i am getting any error. temporary class is generated easily MY XSD : <?xml version="1.0" encodi...

Merging Multiple documents having different headers and footers ma
Dear All, I am trying to merge a several word/rtf documents into a single word documents with the below macro, the problem is now each document is having a different header and footer and some fields, Can anyone suggest me a macro code for merging multiple word documents into a single document without disturbing the headers and footers of each document? Sub MergeDocs() Dim rng As Range Dim MainDoc As Document Dim strFile As String Const strFolder = "c:\tes\" 'change to suit Set MainDoc = Documents.Add strFile = Dir$(strFolder & &quo...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

email sent internally not received by recipient
A user told me that two internal recipients did not get an email that they sent. We are using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 clients. I see the sent mail in the sent box with the 2 recipients listed and a subject line. In message tracker on the Exchange server, I see the message sent to the 2 recipients but there is no subject line. In the "message history" box from the mesage tracking center the event shows "report generated internally" and "report delivered to XX" I have found this for a couple people and don't know what is generating this. ...

Enterprise server with multiple organizations
Scenario: Organization has CRM 4.0 Enterprise version with three diffrent organizations. Goal: When CRM user goes to meeting with their client, they want "the big picture" of the customer data from all of three CRM environmets. Question: Is it possible to build report, that gathers data from multiple CRM organizations within one Enterprise server? If so, how many licenses/user is needed? If you are creating a report using SQL Reporting Services I can see no reason why you could not connect to the 3 database and get data from each. Not sure how you would know which records ar...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Currency at Subledger Stage
GP should do the financial charge, statment, aged trail balance at origianting currency instead of funtional currency. It is not really necessary to tranfer to funcational currecy untill transaction will tranfer to GL. Right now we have to increased the workflow by manually calculate financial charge at source currency each month as I don't believe our foreign customers will deal with two kinds of currency with us. Any other suggestion to handle the finacial charge? Thank you! -- Lucy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

Multiple messages
Hi I am receiving the same messages a number of times to my outlook express mail box. Sometimes I have 5 or 6 of the same message. Does anyone know why this is, or how I can stop it? Thanks very much Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

multiple selection

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Xpath with multiple values..

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

Track in CRM error 08-18-06
In Outlook, when a user wants to send a message, and the user clicks the "Regarding" button, the user can then pick the account/contact, etc. However, when the user clicks on the send button, the following error is generated: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be creat...

OWA with multiple email addresses
I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange. I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned to the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it. Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but they want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just like everyone else in this discussion group). Can I accomplish this by setting up 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their entire email address as the username? If so, how do I ...

How to remove send/receive externally for a user
I have a request to setup some users for internal email only and remove their ability to send/receive external email. How do I do this? I have a 1 Exchange 2003 Server. Thanks see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9224AEFD-0A70-41A9-9411-3D932D580D6E@microsoft.com... > I have a request to setup some users for internal email only and remove their > ability to send/receive external email. How do I do this? > > I have a 1 Exchange 2003 Server. > > Thanks In Exchange 5.5 ...