CRM features

I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I
want to know is what the features are. Someone please get back to me.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
See the features in my blog
http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com/2005/10/whats-new-in-microsoft-crm-30.html

I hope this will help, for more write a mail to me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com

--
Microsoft CRM Expert  - CRM & .Net

All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read

"xcourtx" wrote:

> I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I
> want to know is what the features are. Someone please get back to me.
Download the implementation guid

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e4a7ef88-d6b4-4eea-836c-eed8e174b769&displaylang=en

then see the PDF file.

--
Microsoft CRM Expert - MVP - CRM & .Net

"xcourtx" wrote:

> I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I
> want to know is what the features are. Someone please get back to me.
Are you looking for info on the current release of CRM or the upcoming 3.0?

CRM 1.2 (current version) Features List:
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/product/crm_edition_comparison.mspx

CRM 3.0 Fact Sheet:
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/product/30datasheet.mspx

--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"xcourtx" wrote:

> I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I
> want to know is what the features are. Someone please get back to me.

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...

New so-called features in Outlook 2002 -- can they be defeated?
Hello all. Our office recently got "upgraded" to Outlook 2002. It has a couple of so-called "features" which I find incredibly annoying and impossible to defeat. I'd be interested if anyone has found a way, other than the ridiculous workarounds listed on Microsoft's website. The two features which annoy me most are: Displaying both the name and the email address in email message headers; Displaying two entries in the "Select Names" dialog box for everyone who has both a fax and an email address, that is, virtually everybody. If anyone can te...

CRM Login
Is it possible to pass login credentials to CRM server within Intenet Explorers Address line, something in the form of http://crmserver/login=username Cheers Matt Problem Sorted "MattNC" wrote: > Dave: Since CRM uses Windows authentication, you shouldn't have to pass credentials. And if you are logged on as User A (with no CRM license) and you try to launch CRM as User B (with CRM license) you will likely run into a number of security-related errors. > > If your users are being prompted to log in to CRM when they launch it in IE, go to the Tools menu in IE, Internet ...

How do I setup a Crystal Reports server to host CRM 1.2 Reports?
Hi there, I recently upgraded from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. As a result I can no longer run all of our custom crystal reports from the 1.2 installation. Can anyone tell me or point me to a document on the web which instructs on setting up a Crystal Reports server to host the CRM 1.2 reports? My company has a registered copy of Crystal 9 Developer edition & reports server. I don't know much about Crystal and at the moment we don't have time to convert these reports to SQL-RS. Thank you. You could also try http://rpttosql.com/faq.htm which is an email-based service to convert cry...

CRM 3.0 -> CRM 4.0 Subquery returned more than 1 value
Does anyone have a resolution for below error message when migrating from CRM 3.0 -> CRM 4.0 17:01:11| Info| Upgrading setup user data, and locale IDs 17:01:11| Info| Upgrading setup user data, and locale IDs 17:01:12| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the s...

80040e14 error when installing Microsoft CRM
Hello Ryan, Since I am trying to install MS CRM on a SBS2K enviroment, I do not have an installation enviroment that has multiple domain controllers. So I have tried the solution of the second primary cause but it did not work. I have uninstalled SQL, deleted the files that can not be uninstalled, reinstalled the SQL and SP2 then installed CRM. Unfortunately I have received the same 80040e14 error while creating the metabase db. Any further comments? Regards, Orkun I too have this same problem, one single Active Directory (SBS2000) and get the same error. Deleteing the DB (files are ...

CRM and Great Plains
Ok, not sure where to ask this. We are about to migrate from an older database that is part SQL 2000 and part Visual Fox Pro 6 and Mas 90 to CRM and GP. I am not sure what the server and switch hardware requirements will be and not sure if there is any good guidelines on this area. We have about 80 full time staff and at any given time at least 30 in our database and up to 7 people in the accounting program. Thanks in advance ...

CRM Forms J Script
Hi I want to update an attribute on the contact form when a phone call for the contact is closed. Can someone please advise me how i could go about this? Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

CRM 4 run time error 5941 using labels template
I am trying to do a mail merge of several hundred labels. We have our own template. If we select the letters option for the merge it works but doesn't provide us with multiple labels across one line. If we select the labels option in CRM, when we go to build the list the get the 5941 error with the additional comment "The requested member of the collection does not exist." Any suggestions? -- Petej-Boston ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook client hangs on folders
Hi, We are experiencing problems with the Outlook "online" client. Outlook 2007 starts up just fine and the CRM features seem to work well but when navigating subfolders of e.g. the Inbox the list of messages never loads. The progress thingy that appears when loading is all we get. I ran the client diagnostics and it mentioned that I had many messages in the folders. Yup, that's why a need a tool like Outlook to help me organize them. I have around 3000 messages in my inbox but the same thing happens when selecting another folder. Any and all help would be appreciated. ...

Downloading data to Excel from CRM
CRM 3.0 does not download numeric values as numbers in Excel, and it does not save it as an Excel file, is there a fix or work-around for this? ...

Not able to sign-in:Use Money's online feature
Hi, For the past two days I am not able to sign-in to "Use Money's online features that require .NET Passport" Additional info: 1) I am able to get to hotmail from MSN Messenger. 2) I typed www.hotmail.com in my web browser, it's already few minutes I am still not seeing hotmail web page. Thanks, JM ...

How can I promote a email to a new CRM case?
Often, we get customers mailing our support@company.com account and they are often new incidents. The promote to CRM activity is great, but it does not look like I can create a new case with it, just associate it with an existing case. Did microsoft forget this very obvious workflow, or is it me that's missing something obvious? Thanks! Peter, This is a common question. While it is an "obvious" need, there are plenty of implementation details related to doing it that make it difficult. Thus, you need to create the case first. Sorry, Matt "Peter Robertson" <s...

CRM system Usage monitoring
How can we determine the number of users accessing the CRM system, say, within the last 3 weeks? We would also like to see things like the user name and the parts of the system accessed. Thanks don't know of anything like this. -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Cirrus" <Cirrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64F5890E-13DB-4846-9B5A-9D1A96802462@microsoft.com... > > How can we determine the number of users accessing the CRM system, say, > within the la...

CRM
Hi, There seems to be hundreds of CRM software packages out there. I am trying to understand what makes a good CRM package. My motivation for asking is that I am vaguely thinking of writing my own CRM package, but I need to find out more about user requirements. Please can you answer some quick questions for me!? Thanks! 1/ What "non-Microsoft" CRM software have you used - what did you think of it? - and do you have a URL for it? 2/ How do you think Microsoft CRM compares to competitor products? What does it have that the others dont, and/or lack which the others have? 3/ W...

CRM 3.0 Installation Problem
I think that I may have screwed up my CRM 3.0 Installation. I was having alot of problems with CRM after I first installed it, after I got some errors during the installation. So I uninstalled it and I am now trying to reinstall it. I am running SBS 2003, which I just installed. When I installed SBS, the server was created on it's own domain that was seperate from our main domain. I have since joined my domain, and made the SBS server into a domain controller. Now when I try to reinstall CRM 3.0, I get the following errors during the verification tasks: Microsoft CRM Server User I...

Possibility of use of the Microsoft CRM UI Controls in Customization
There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV customization later? they have not been exposed yet janet. also no word of any plans to do so "Janet" <jzou@menlogroup.com> wrote in message news:08d701c361ff$84c73b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is > microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV > customization later? ...

CRM and SQL reports
Have installed the SQL Reporting for CRM, and during the install I get an error "Object error is not set to an instance of an object" Any one know what this may be. thanks Kim Cannon ...

Connect to CRM from Web site
Hi everyone, I am creating an aspx page for our client to suscribe to our events directly from our web site. I would like to keep the info in our CRM. right now I am developing my form locally and it will be put on a different server on a production enviroment. I did some Callout COM with the WhoAmI() function and it was working fine. Now since the request was not started from the CRM system I do not how to specify a user password to log in? What does usually return the WhoAmI() function ? Is it the local loged user or is it the remote user loged in CRM ? Also I'm wondering if I h...

CRM Web App very slow to open
Is there a way to make the App open faster over the web? no. its fully dependent on your infrastructure.......do you have the whole system on one box? or spread out to even out the load? for a test environment I placed everything on one box and its horribly slow.....our production environment is spread amoungst multiple computers and runs smoothly.....even over VPN. -Gary "scott" <scottp@sescoinc.com> wrote in message news:0fde01c38c41$d9f327a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the App open faster over the web? I have the exchange and the DC on one machine...

CRM 1.2 Internet Explorer crashing
Has anyone experienced IE crashing when changing windows in CRM 1.2 or know a fix for it? All my users here are reporting CRM closing down when trying to go from one screen to another in CRM, but it only happens at random. The error message logged is Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, fault address 0x0006cfce. TIA Hits Hello Hitesh, This looks like its covered under another thread. do a search for mshtml.dll and you'll find thread that ends with a note that MS is looking at it. I went down the same path myself,...

Sharing Contacts in CRM 3.0
Hello! I am attempting to share contacts (and other entities, but contacts are my main concern right now) in a manner that allows me and another on my team to both have our contacts sync'd into Outlook and thus, our mobile phones. I've added us to a team, then shared the contacts to that team - but still only the primary owner of the contact gets the contact sync'd into Outlook. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this issue? Thank you! Nolan hy nolan, the "sharing" event ist not available for CRM advanced functionalities like workflow manager, advance...

CRM 4.0 Maximum Attachment file size
Hello, How do I increase the maximum attachment file size to more than 8MB? In the system parameters, when i try a higher limit i get an error message saying i must enter a number between 0 and 8192. In CRM 3.0 we currently have a limit of 30MB. We are in the process of upgrading to CRM 4.0 and I am unable to put the same limit. Is it possible to put a higher value than 8192? Thank you, JF Hi Giro, I ran into the same problem but found the fix. You need to change the following 2 lines in your web.config file to increase the size beyond 8MB 1. <httpRuntime executionTimeout=&quo...

CRM and SQL RS authentication problem
Ok, here is the scenario. I have to a physical machine where SQL Server 2005 and Reporting Services is installed. On the other virtual machine, I have MS CRM application. Both physical (DBSQLSRV) and virtual machines (DBSRVCRM) are in the same domain. I installed CRM 3.0 as domain admin and everything goes well except when accessing CRM reports in Internet Explorer from the user's workstation. When I opened the virtual machine where CRM is installed, everything works well, even the reports. But, when I access CRM in user's workstation using IE, the reports cannot be access an...

Setting up an email address for CRM correctly so emails go out
Hi, Our business has just deployed CRM and we are at the stage now where we have all of our contacts and accounts on the database and would like to start using it to send out marketing emails, etc. I've poked around all the various email options but am stumbling at the first hurdle; the email addresses that have been associated with the CRM users are not actual functioning email addresses. As I didn't set up the system when it was first installed I don't know how the administrator set it up, but it seems that he has put these "dummy" addresses in for each CRM user which...