CRM Exchange-email router - Invalid Server

I have so far successfully installed CRM server. However, when I try to
install CRM Exchange Email router I get;

"One or more of the CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have
administrative privileges on that server. Make sure all servers are running
properly and try again."

I am logged on as Administrator. Can anyone help?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are a few KB Articles regarding this in the knowledge base on customer
source and partner source if you have access to those?

"Ashley Willings DPS" wrote:

> I have so far successfully installed CRM server. However, when I try to
> install CRM Exchange Email router I get;
>
> "One or more of the CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have
> administrative privileges on that server. Make sure all servers are running
> properly and try again."
>
> I am logged on as Administrator. Can anyone help?

Cases with no Customer
Hi The requirements for a CRM 4.0 implementation is to be able to create Cases without linking it to a Customer (Contact or Account). From the customisation section in CRM the mandatory Customer field cannot be set to optional or removed from the form. It was proposed that a dummy account is created called 'non-linked', which is used in this situation, but this will have too much of an impact on existing workflow and reports. So my questions is: Is there anyway to design the system so a Case can be created which is not linked to a Customer. And we are happy to consider unsupported so...

Error sending email #2
Hi I am trying to send email from within access. When I try to create outlook from within access using Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), I get the 'Automation Error, The specified module could not be found.". I can see the outlook 11 reference in the reference so not sure why it can't find outlook. This app is working fine on other machines so the problem has to be with this machine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards ...

Scheduled Email Alerts
Dear CRMers, How do I allow users to create emails to be scheduled at a later date? Many many thanks in advance. Regards, Dixon create email activity and set the "scheduled on" attribute to the date you want the activity to pop. save the activity and thats it. "Dix" wrote: > Dear CRMers, > > How do I allow users to create emails to be scheduled at a later date? > > Many many thanks in advance. > > Regards, > Dixon Thanks for the prompt reply. However, where do I find the 'scheduled on' field? Cheers "CRMeXtension.com" w...

Download #1: World's Major Stock Exchanges Tracker
Hi Friends, In quest to learn MS Excel VBA/VSTO Programming, I've made a useful utility for all of excel users and stock investors. This utility helps individuals to track their markets for analysis and information purposes. I've covered around 12 major stock indexes as mentioned below. 1. Dow Jones 2. NASDAQ 3. BSE 30 4. DAX 30 5. CAC 40 6. FTSE 100 7. Nikkei 225 8. ASX 200 9. NSE 50 10. Hangseng 11. Shanghai Composite Index 12. STRAIT Index and then there are sectorial indices, midcap and all other major and relevant indexes are contained in respective Microsoft ...

How to migrate Exchange from parent to child domain?
Scenario: W2003 Forest consisting of 2 child domains. Single Exchange 2003 server in root domain, containing mailboxes for accounts in all three domain. We want to add a second Exchange server in one of the child domains for the mailboxes for this child domain only. What's the best way to approach this? TIA. You'll be joining the same Exchange org and probably Admin group so the only question is will you need a different routing group? This will depend on whether or not the child and parent domains are at separate sites. Regardless of the routing group you should just be ab...

Emailing from Access 01-14-08
Good Day Group, I have an access database on WindowsXP that creates an HTML attachment and addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to the mail agent (Outllook) to send it through. Using the same access database on Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature. Does the community have any recommendation on how to fix this problem for me? -- Oly Try the following code which should work for Outlook: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt If it doesn't, you problem is with permissions, not the code, and you'll need to dea...

Sending via different email account depending on Contact
Is it possible in OL2003 to automatically choose an email account to send from depending on whom the contact you are sending to? (I know I can click on Account in the drop down list and choose which one to use, but was hoping of an automatic way of this happening depending on domain) e.g. If I send an email to joe-just-a-test@company123.com then the email account chosen to send email is company123 Thanks No, Outlook can't do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Out...

Front-End Server with only OMA enable
Hi, it's possible to use ONLY Outlook Mobile access on a Front- End server? I wanna use the front end server only to login in OMA! All the rest of service (OWA,POP3,IMAP4,SMTP,...ect..ect) will run on my back-end server! Everything normally runs on the Front-End and Back-End. As long as the proper ports are open you can point to either box for these services. You could stop / disable the POP3, SMTP and IMAP4 services. I'm not sure the safe way to stop OWA since OMA uses the same website. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrant...

Cannot remove Exch. 5.5 Server after migration
I am trying to remove my exchange 5.5 server from my organization after a successful migration to Exchange 2k3. I have had the 5.5 server shut down for several months to make sure everything worked without it. Now after following all the instructions in the technet article on how to remove it I get the follwing error when trying to delete it: "The server could not be deleted because some public folders were not successfully moved to a different server. You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the information store." I have all the public folders I need on...

recall email
I need to recall an email using Web Access for Outlook 2007. Not possible. The recall function is an option only available within Outlook and only works for internal messages. Even then its success depends on the current status of the message (read or not). Best approach would be to simply contact that person and tell him/her to ignore the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers...

Changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000 Server
Are there any gotchas to changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000 Server, as long as all the AD-integrated DNS servers that the server is using are configured properly and updating corecting when host IPs are changed? In news:%23cFED%23UtFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Robert Gordon <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> typed: > Are there any gotchas to changing the host IP on an Exchange 2000 > Server, as long as all the AD-integrated DNS servers that the server > is using are configured properly and updating corecting when host IPs > are changed? Also make sure you ch...

Use Exchange 2003 Server as a Backup Mail Queue/Server
Hi How can I configure a Exchange 2003 Server so that this Exchange works as an backup mail queue (Server) for another company? Thanks a lot for any help! Dominik Zemp Obviously your server would have to be listed in the MX records of the other company's domain. After that you could start with this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319759/ Nue "Zemp Dominik" <zemp.dominik@nospam.ecreation.ch> wrote in message news:DC8F75C4-D4AF-4E4F-937D-0C4874E67BDE@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I configure a Exchange 2003 Server so that this Exchange works as > an...

Moving e-mails in OL2002 and Exchange 5.5?
We have got an Exchange 5.5 server and I am trying to use the Outlook Rules Wizard to move e-mails from any address with @company.com in their e-mail address to a different folder under my Inbox. This doens't work. It works with outside addresses, but not internal ones. We have multiple domain's accross multiple locations, so would like to create one to move @company1.com to Company 1 folder, @company2.com to Company 2 folder ETC. Any idea how this can be done? ...

moving GP to another server
Hello: Although it is definitely not the first time that I have been wrong about something, I disagree with something that I have been told in a newly redeveloped TechKnowledge and by some techs. The disagreement has to do with moving GP to another server. Based on old technologies and on old school methods that I have used for years, I (and other consultants that I know) have always created the companies in GP Utilities from scratch on the new server. Then, and only then, have we restored backups of company databases from the old server into the new server. Recently, though, I hav...

Scheduled Tasks Not Working after Server 2003 Upgrade
Last week, I upgraded our Exchange 2003 server to Windows Server 2003. After the upgrade, I started getting DCOM errors (Event ID 10021). According to an article I found, I modified the permissions in DCOM Config/IIS WAMREG admin service to give the Network Service permissions under Launch and Activation. I have a scheduled task to back up my Information Store daily. Since I made this change, the Task Scheduler is not running. I can manually back up the Information Store successfully. Are there other permissions I need to change? Thank you in advance for any help. Kate Townsend ...

Forwarding or Alias, sending mail outside Exchange
Hello Everyone, I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003. We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for, but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail go to his hotmail.com account. Review: Mail sent to Tom@OurCompany.com is sent to Tom@Hotmail.com. Can I do this using Exchange? Do I need to set up a user in Active Directory and set up an exchange account for him and then a rule to forward all of this mail to Tom@Hotmail.com? I would prefer it if there is a way to forward all incoming messages addressed to tom@ourcompany...

Server Error in '\' Application
I mayhave "fubar"ed by CRM 1.2 installation. I am installed on Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003. I had CRM up an running and was looking at with my sales folks putting together a customization and rollout plan. I added some business units subservent to our "root" organinzation and was assigning users to these units and adding managers. I then assigned the user (me) who is the only system admin. At that point I started getting a dialog in the web interface giving an "authorization error" message (unforunately I didn't write down the exact text...

SMTP Virtual server queues growing after SP3 install
Installing SP3 has seemed to cause new problems with our Exchange server. I installed SP3 as well as the August SP3 rollup hoping to solve the problem we were having with OWA (see the seperate thread "OWA Service Unavailable..." thread). Now for some reason, queued messages are building up like crazy, about 10 times the normal rate just a few days ago. I have tried freezing as many connections as possible, but I can`t babysit the server like this. We are able to send and receive email in and out of the office without a problem. We are using SAV for gateways, and have it set not to re...

Email contact
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Can I send email contacts to external party instead of vcf ( Vcard ) ? --=20 Edward ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbi...

Duplicate emails downloading
whenever i have do a download of emails using POP3 via dialup , i start getting duplicate emails , i do not have this problem using Enchange service( on LAN). Any clues why this is happening. Thanks in advance. Regards Sunil I have same problem with all inbound POP3 email messages on Outlook 2002, XP. All inbound mails are duplicated. Have heard this is common problem and that there is a fix but have not found it yet. >-----Original Message----- >whenever i have do a download of emails using POP3 via dialup , i start >getting duplicate emails , i do not have this problem u...

HTML Emails
This is for my job, so I cannot change software packages. It's Outlook or it's nothing. I need to create a newsletter that will be distributed quarterly. To spice it up, we decided to create a nice looking HTML formatted email with images, etc. (just like the everyday spam we get). The only way I was able to figure out how to get the HTML into an Outlook email is by... 1) Create the HTML in another program (namely, I use Dreamweaver) 2) Preview the HTML in a browser (I use Internet Explorer) 3) 'Select All' on the page, 'Copy' it and 'Paste' it into t...

Issues connecting to mail server
Hello, I can access my company's mail server using a thin client version of Outlook 2003. I cannot connect to the mail server however when using Outlook 2003 thick client on my machine. All of the settings on my thick client appear correct and are the same as other people in the company are using, and they have no problems. Any thoughts about what I might try to get my thick client connection to work? Thanks. -Jeff ...

How to transfer Outlook files to new user installation or file server?
I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login. I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account details. Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as well? The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over. It appears that they are not stored with the...

Mail getting filtered into Junk Email with no IMF installed
I am running a Exchange 2003 server with mostly Outlook 2003 clients. I have installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5, with Heuristic Spam scanning turned on, and any emails with a SCL >1 being tagged with a custom X header. What I am finding is that somewhere on the server or client, anything coming in with an SCL score in the headers is being filtered into the "Junk Email" folder, rather than following any rules I set up on the rules wizard. This is not the functionality I want, as I want the users to be able to chose whether to filter for spam or not. I can only as...

Rename Exchange Database file
Could anybody show me the safe way to rename exchange database file: priv1.edb to priv2.edb ? Thank you. I want to rename it because I was reading an article that says that I can have problem restoring exchange if the two databases .edb and .stm have the same name, backed up and restored at the same time. Thank you I would not bother about renaming them, and I cannot understand why you would have problems. -- Mark Fugatt "Thuan Pham" <thuanp@advancedcableties.com> wrote in message news:17a501c48c68$ed6f5380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could anybody show me the safe way t...