CRM Emails should be stored in the Sent Items folder

In CRM 1.2, When an email is created using the 'CRM E-mail' button in Sales
for Outlook, the sent email is stored in the 'Drafts' Outlook mail folder
rather than the 'Sent Items' folder.  In addition, if the email is saved
first rather than sent (which correctly stores it in the 'Drafts' folder),
and then later sent from the 'Drafts' folder, the original draft remains in
that folder and the sent email also appears in the 'Drafts' folder.  This
causes confusion for users who need to check CRM each time to satisfy
themselves that the CRM Email Activity has actually been created.

Is there a fix for this already?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1f4f9a91-64d4-4ec1-86f2-27e813c9b16a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

I have a user who is now having this problem, is this a known issue?  What
is true is that this particular draft had an attachment larger than the
default 5mb limit and may have been dropped from the queue as a result, but
there was no error message as with when the sam send operation was attempted
directly from CRM.

Are there other times when drafts aren't moved to sent items?  I thought one
of the problems with CRM was that nothing was moved to Outlook sent items, I
guess that is not true of mail sent from SFO?

Thank You for any insight,

"PeterH" wrote:

> In CRM 1.2, When an email is created using the 'CRM E-mail' button in Sales
> for Outlook, the sent email is stored in the 'Drafts' Outlook mail folder
> rather than the 'Sent Items' folder.  In addition, if the email is saved
> first rather than sent (which correctly stores it in the 'Drafts' folder),
> and then later sent from the 'Drafts' folder, the original draft remains in
> that folder and the sent email also appears in the 'Drafts' folder.  This
> causes confusion for users who need to check CRM each time to satisfy
> themselves that the CRM Email Activity has actually been created.
>
> Is there a fix for this already?
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1f4f9a91-64d4-4ec1-86f2-27e813c9b16a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Peter,
Word is this is fixed in 3.0.  HTH,
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, (Visionary Audit
System Tools for Microsoft CRM), that tracks all changes made to the
Adventure Works Cycle database, visit http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm

0
Dave

2002 Cannot Delete Email
When I try to delete the e-mail in the Deleted Items folder I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart outlook". If I try to delete the a message in the inbox, I get the error,"Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\...\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the inbox Repair Tool". I have closed out to Outlook and run the repair tool (Scanpst.exe). The first time I run it, it finds errors and says that they are repaired. However the problem persists....

Bug? Transfer Out Serialized Item allows SN creation
We're trying to track down a serialized item that has had an *ahem* interesting item movement history. In the process, I've learned something quite disturbing. You can transfer out a serialized item when the serial number is not in your inventory in the first place! This should not be possible. While I'm at it, inter-store transfers in an HQ environment should not require serial number entry on the receiving end. The serial numbers should come through with the transfer order. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail The transfer of SN that ou do not have in yor database is not ne...

Email template with images
How to add images in an email template. I tried to use SharePoint Designer to design my email template and copied the entire design and paste it to MS CRM email template editor, but the images does not appear. Any help is very much appreciated. try using visual studio.net and also put it a url to the image. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:AF61147B-68F5-460A-8FDD-322CA9971F40@microso...

question about moving mailboxes from 2000 exch to 2003 exchange and mail store size
we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000 server to our new exchange 2003 server. I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75 gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2. When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key for the PUBLIC store. The PRIVATE does not appear. is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not removed the exchange 2000 server yet? I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do this when we finished moving the rest of the mai...

Try to move Exch db files, then store doesn't get mounted anymore
any idea on how to solve the problem below ? Exch2003 SP2. I've done these steps in several servers, but one particular server/system fails to get the Mailbox and Public Folder Stores mounted after moving the database files from one partition to the other. The steps: I stopped the Public Folder Store. I click the respective restore, "Properties", I go to "database" tab. There I inform location of where I want to move the database files to (E:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata). I've got the message that files have been moved OK. Then I attempt to mount store, a...

CRM Deployment Manager SNAPIN
We are getting the following error when we try and use the Deployment Manager "The Selected snap-in did not initialize properly" We have checked all the services and they appear to be running correctly, we had tis problem in the past and were able to resolve it by re-installing CRM, but the problem has re-occured and we would like to find the cause of the error and not re-install the software each time. The event viewer has the following info for this error "The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( DMSNAPIN ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the ...

Internet Headers Missing (SENT ONLY)
All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007. Is this a know issue? -3mtsys -- 3mtsys http://forums.slipstick.com The internet header is available only for received items. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:09:05 -0500 schrieb 3mtsys: > All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007. > Is this a know issue? > > -3mtsys Thank you for your reply. I would like to know more about the extent of this pro...

Is CRM 4.0 available yet through MSDN?
We are a registered user of CRM 3.0, looking to upgrade to CRM 4.0. I don't see the download in MSDN online? Anyone know how I can get the software? Thanks in advance, Mark You can download it via Microsoft Download, on the site it includes the Trial Keys that you can use for now: Server http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9c110fd-aac8-4d2a-b401-7801b1866e82&DisplayLang=en Outlook Client http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=60c4a6cc-59d7-416e-9f44-0ae8ff249768&DisplayLang=en Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.space...

Email from Publisher
This is my first attempt to email from within Publisher 2003. I have run into 2 problems I don't understand. I'm sending with the Publisher page imbedded in the message area (not as an attachment). The first test I ran I set my Outlook Options to display as plain text so that I could check to make sure a "if you have trouble reading this click HERE" text box in the document would get displayed (for those with HTML turned off). I get some of the text boxes but not all (including the one above). Why? Second, I have two versions of the Publisher page. The one that I...

exchange crm router rules cleaning tool
Hi, I'm working with one server where is installed Exchange, AD, and Exchange CRM Router, and another with CRM3.0. So I uninstalled the Exchange CRM router without deleting the deployed rules. I installed the crm router again but when some users sent emails one email is returned indicating that the message could not be delivered to the past router's mailbox. I need to know if it's a tool to delete all the past rules or a way to clean them manually. Hi there You should be able to roolback the Rule - with the Exchagne CRM router tab, If you dont you can delete the rule eith...

CRM 1.2 User Access Error 'The system could not log you in..
My client has CRM 1.2. After some windows updates were done to the server and possibly some reconfiguration of IIS settings, the users can no longer log in as the following message appears: User Access Error: 'The system could not log you in. This could be because : ...etc...' Even the server administrator and the crmadmin account cannot login. Is there any particular action that you helpful guys can think of that may have caused this? Many Thanks, ...

How do you email attachment?
I can't amail attachment. When I click on the attachments from the web client it doesn't give me any option to add an attachment. Also I want to imbed html into the email. Is that possible? Did you find out anything? I am having the same issue. "Glenn Reed" wrote: > I can't amail attachment. When I click on the attachments from the web client > it doesn't give me any option to add an attachment. > Also I want to imbed html into the email. Is that possible? me too, why is nobody answering this query! "Hans Kindsgrab" wrote: > Did you fi...

verifying microsoft email accound #2
how do I get into my microsoft email account to verify it. See I have problems getting me to get in my account to check my email. The address is Demon_Child_2005@microsoft.com. I will put my other email address so you can send me a reply about my question. "Demon_Child_2005" <Demon_Child_2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4F11A72-4522-44A2-BCC5-50833BBCB29E@microsoft.com... > how do I get into my microsoft email account to verify it. See I have > problems getting me to get in my account to check my email. The > address is > Demon_Child_200...

CRM workflow: Error trying to write/get data into/from databse
Hi all, I've got a workflow rule which call an assembly to write the new contact record details to a database. I've got the workflow working fine on my development VM server, but when I test it on our client server, it throws an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" . I am just wondering what the environment issues cause that to happen, the only different between the two environments is the sql database is on another server, and VS .Net is not installed. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance, -- Ahmed Can you post the complete...

Can not open mail folders
Hi I had a win xp crash, possibly due to power failure. I have repaired xp from the original disk. Now when I try to go into Outlook 2003 I get the below error and then it closes. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards = Error Message ======= This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run): mstsc.exe /CONSOLE You mus...

querying folder full of worksheets.
Hi all, I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I don't know if this is possible, or if someone has tried to create something to do what I need, but here it goes. I have a folder full of checklist worksheets that are of identical format, but obviously with different numbers. I have a master tally sheet that requires the values of the same 4 fields from all of the sheets. Is there a way to automatically query each sheet and get the values in the cells I want and spit out a text file ? You help is appreciated. Hi navtechie I have a example that will copy it all in one workbo...

if all items in listbox are the same
access 2003 On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ie all ST or all IT... If they are the same then Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.optHP.Visible = True Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.FrameElem_Label.Visible = True -- deb On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:38:01 -0700, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access 2003 > >On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). > >How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ...

Microsoft CRM integrated with SAP Business One
I am salesmanager for an organization who has implemented SAP Business One. We wold like to use Microsoft CRM/Outlook as our Customer system. Has anyone done any integration? Hi Nils, I-Bolt is definetely something to consider when integrating Biz One with MS CRM. It is a certified SAP development tool that helps integrate third party CRM solutions with Biz One. I know a SAP Business One Dev Partner in the USA working with I-Bolt who can integrate with MS CRM. Feel free to contact me for further info. Mal De Silva mdesilva@softwareadditions.com "Nils Roald" wrote: > I...

attachments dissapear on incoming email for outlook 2000
When email is received in outlook 2000 the attachements are not there. Do you see them if you hit forward? If not, is the message size large enough to have the attachments present but hidden? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favori...

Additional Fields for Items
I have a couple of questions regarding the items part of RMS. 1. Is there an open through MS or an addon available to add more custom data fields on the item database that would be available to put on labels and sort reports by? To answer in advance I am already using the 3 Sub Descriptions offered, but I need more. 2. When making custom labels, is there a way to get the 'Notes' area from the special page to go onto a label? Thanks for any help in advance Hi Steve, One option is not to use the RMS Labels but use Microsoft Word with Mail Merge and labels. This allows you t...

Resources for CRM Workflow Sales Processes
Is there a good site or resource information to help with ideas for building Rules Templates or Sales Process Templates? I am new to CRM and have built a basic one but don't really know what else might be possible. Thanks! Shauna In the MS CRM MOC they reference a company that does just that, and they have some examples there as well: www.solutionselling.com "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > Is there a good site or resource information to help with > ideas for building Rules Templates or Sales Process > Templates? I am new to CRM and have built a basic one > but ...

Move CRM configuration to Test Environment
What do I have to do to move the configuration and VERY small number of data to a test environment of the CRM to do some development etc. with? Bob "b" <bkosscus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e%23hD7n6iEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What do I have to do to move the configuration and VERY small number of data > to a test environment of the CRM to do some development etc. with? Reinstall it. And then create some test records or load the standard demo data. The data is hooked into the Active Directory so cannot be easily relocated, except maybe with redeploment...

CRM 4: Queue items dupliccated both under the queue and in progress items
Is there a way to stop queue items being duplicated in the queue and under the queue owners "in progress2 items. If it is deleted/assigned from either place it remains in the other. It seems similar to this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919419 in CRM 3. Or should the queue owner be an inactive user such as the system administrator. All help much appreciated, Marcus Robinson -- MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk ...

Error when tagging emails off line in Outlook
When we tag an email to a CRM (3.0) object in Outlook while working off line and error occurs the next time you attempt to synch. The error shows the tagged email with the option of going on line and loosing the relationship or continue to work off line. Anyone else experience this problem? ...

special promotion discount to a customer via a catalog or email
I would like to give a special promotion discount to a customer via a catalog or email. The customer gets the catalog and it says 50% off coupon. The customer can only use the promotional discount one time on specific items .. The specific items will be defined by category. If the customer call in again to use the same promo code it should not be available to them. ...