crm email for remote users

Hi,

I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM.  The
remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange.

Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent, the
email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook?

Thanks

0
Gene
6/30/2003 11:50:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No this will not work

CRM will only work against an exchange server.

"Gene Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM.  The
> remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange.
>
> Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent, the
> email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook?
>
> Thanks

0
John
6/30/2003 1:39:37 PM
Clients connecting to the office network over a VPN will be able to logon to
the exchange server and use the crm for outlook sales client as well as any
other network resource. I have 2 remote users doing this now.
Terminal service are also an alternative, but expensive. Your terminal
server must be on your lan, but not your CRM server due to the
incompatibility between CRM and CRM Client on the same box.

On 6/30/03 7:50 AM, in article OEg340vPDHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, "Gene
Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM.  The
> remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange.
>
> Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent, the
> email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook?
>
> Thanks

0
Carrier
7/1/2003 12:04:35 AM
thanks

"Carrier Family" <carrierfamily@mac.com> wrote in message
> Clients connecting to the office network over a VPN will be able to logon
> the exchange server and use the crm for outlook sales client as well as
any
> other network resource. I have 2 remote users doing this now.
> Terminal service are also an alternative, but expensive. Your terminal
> server must be on your lan, but not your CRM server due to the
> incompatibility between CRM and CRM Client on the same box.
>
> On 6/30/03 7:50 AM, in article OEg340vPDHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
"Gene
> Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM.  The
> > remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange.
> >
> > Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent,
the
> > email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Gene

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Removing multiple users from Outlook

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Sending Email #6

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Topic- Implementation Methodology covered in CRM Exam!
Hi Next week I am apearing for Exam "CRM Instalation & confirguration". I am in doubt that cheptor "Implementation Methodology" is covered in Exam? I can not found above topic it in following course note! https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/trainin g/Certifications/exampreparation/MBS_CRM_Install_prep.htm#T opics Your answer will help me to Read above Topic for Exam point of View or note? Best regards Kesh Patel Kesh. I passed the "Installation & Configuration" (MS-03-010) exam yesterday. The "implementation methodology&q...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

MS CRM Security 05-26-04
Hi, I have 2 business units: 1. New Business Sales 2. Account Management (management of current customers) I want to use the MS CRM security settings so that users in New Business Sales cannot see any account records for our current customers. This includes if the New Business Sales users select the &#8216;All Accounts&#8217; view. Is this possible with MS CRM? Yes. When you assign access rights to the role, only give them "Business Unit" access, they will only be able to see data within their BU. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ------------------...

Recurring email #2