CRM email double spacing

We are finding that when pressing Enter key in the CRM email body, it is
double spacing the lines. How could we turn this off from doing that?

We are not using any templates at the moment. No template.

Just out of the box email functionality we are using.

Regards,
Kyaw

0
Kyaw
7/6/2004 3:32:49 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try Alt-Enter

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com

http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

0
Frank
7/6/2004 3:53:45 AM
Alt + Enter does nothing....i mean didn't fix double spacing problem i am
having.

Thanks for psoting though.

"Frank Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try Alt-Enter
>

> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> http://www.workopia.com
>
> >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources:
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

0
Kyaw
7/6/2004 4:36:16 AM
Hi,

I've been having this concern as well. It does not work
with Alt+Enter, but in frustration I tried some combos
and stumbled on Shift+Enter. It seems to work.

Finally no double spacing!!!

Monika

0
Monika
7/6/2004 5:23:34 AM
Thanks for the correction - it is Shift+Enter

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com
San Francisco, CA

0
Frank

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

confusion on track in crm
can the email still be tracked if ms exchange is not being used and an smtp server is used instead? both for outgoing and incoming . . . The email can be tracked manually by having the user use the "Track in CRM" button. With CRM 3.0, the Exchange CRM router is an optional component that gives you the ability to automatically promote email threads to CRM. In addition, CRM 4.0 will not require Exchange to automatically track email. Jason Roy "Rifat Yavuz" <RifatYavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4841975A-A76D-4F01-B169-FFC7199468BE@micros...

Thinking about CRM as a Solution
Hello there, We are an 13 employee IT service and merchandise shop for strictly Small Businesses up in Victoria BC Canada. We have been running a MS Access database as our "CRM" for about 5 years now. We are looking at alternatives and have started to look at Connectwise and Autotask. It seems to us that Connectwise is so different from how we work, and Autotask is similar to that. We have been so happy with our database becuase of the ability to manipulate it so freely and quickly if we need to. About 5 years ago, after we built the database we decided to switch from an hour...

Slowness in transfering EMAILs between Exchange and local PST files with Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if others are seeing a similiar issue, but it routinely takes 10-15 seconds to move EMAILs between the Exchange and local PST files. This issue is not dependent on the size of attachment. I do have a relatively large local PST file over 2GB, but the Exchange file is relatively small. I have turned off the McAfee EMAIL scanner and so no improvement. Does anybody have ideas? Regards, Scott ...

Hyper links in email
Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. Thanks in advance Kodiak <kodiak62at@hotmail.com> wrote: > Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 > installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to > restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. If your web browser is Internet Explorer, open IE and click Tools>Internet Optons>Programs>Rese...

Extracting Data in Cells in order -- (or) eliminating empty cell space in a column
Hi I have this problem that I bet is easy to solve, but i am lost. I am an expert at the slow way to do things, but maybe there is a better way. The only way I can describe the problem is by means of an example. Lets say I have a column of numbers: >_A_|_B_| etc >> 1_1_|___| 2_3_|___| 3_2_|___| 5_5_|___| 5_3_|___| 6_4_|___| 7_7_|___| 8_3_|___| 9_1_|___| and then i write a little function in the adjoing cell, B1: =if(a1=3,a2,"") From there I fill down column B to B9. OK, pretty simple so far, right? What I am looking for is instances where I find a '3' in co...

Federated CRM
Hi, Do we have any information/articles/white papers on federated CRM? It will be good if these target MSCRM, but other CRM products would do. I need to formulate a strategy to achieve federation and am looking for some guidelines, implementation methodology around it. thanks for your help -prateek Prateek, I'm not sure what you mean by "federated CRM". Can you explain in greater detail? Michael Cross Navint http://www.navint.com "prateeksethi@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Do we have any information/articles/white papers on federated CRM? It > will...

CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?
Hi all, A quick timeline before explaining my issue: - We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated from ACT!" to distinguish. - Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging when necessary, assigning to right owners... - At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully. - Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe) successfully. - A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0. - A few months later, some users were complaining about d...

Auto forwarding email
Is there a way I can have outlook automatically forward email that comes into my inbox and have it sent to a different email address. Any help would be great. Alan.... ...

email subject line
Is there a safe way to remove that ugly guid from the the subject line of direct mails? I'm using crm 1.2. I'm getting ~30% mail bouncing back. I'm sure it's because of the guid... Thanks, Mike Read the following article on turning off the guid. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=34747&target=PS Be aware of the ramifications of doing so; mainly you lose the functionality of the CRM to automtically process retrun e-mails in your thread. Yes they're ugly, but they are there for a reason. Dave "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@no...

email attatchment containing original message
please help every email i receive contains an attatchment which is a notepad page containing the email message too. Stuart, at least 3 of us today have had this problem. I solved this problem on my machine by the simple expedient of rebooting! Before rebooting, I had deleted all cookies, temporary internet files and files in windows/temp, as this was suggested in response to another posting (evidently this helped similar problems in Outlook Express). This latter did nothing, but the reboot did. You might have to do both. Deleting temporary internet files and cookies is done in I...

Forwading an attached email
I have an issue where an admin assistant is drafting an email memo then sending it to her boss as an attachment in another email. What the boss wants to do is just open up the attached email, proof read it, then forward it on to the necessary recipients. Everything works as expected until the boss attempts to forward the item. When he does, he is me with a message that "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." and is unable to send the message. What kind of permissions would be...

How do i enable domain user access from the internet to CRM ?
Hi I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web interface with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this. When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for credentials but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just says HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied. IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install. Is there anyway to do this ? Thank ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

Import Emails
Hi Is it somehow possible to import all "old" emails from Outlook to MSCRM 3.0 History? Same question to the Journal Entries... Has anyone done that before? Thanks for any Help. Regards Mike I'd like to see an answer to this question too. I've just installed CRM 3.0 and imported my accounts and contacts no problem. I now have 15 email inboxes that each contain 1000s of emails that I want to load in as activity history - matching them up with the contact records. I know you can do this 1 by 1, but it takes about 10 clicks per message. Is there any way to automate thi...

Team Security CRM Outlook bug??
I have a probable bug with CRM Security. Scenario: I have created a new role with account access privileges set to user for all actions. I have a few salesfolks who need access to shared accounts, so I created teams for those members and shared the accounts with the team. The users can access the team-shared accounts from the web- client and from the Outlook client (while online). However, after the users go offline and attempt to access the accounts, they are getting the following error: Access Denied: You do not have access rights or privileges to perform this action. I can'...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

Stuck BCC emails
When an email is stuck because of a bad address, and there are numerous recipients in the BCC field, how do I remove only the problem mail from the queue? I can identify which address is bad, however, 'finding' messages on a queue shows all remaining recipients which are still not delivered, with nothing that differentiates the stuck email from the good ones. Exchange 2k3 / SP2 Thanks! -- BrownCoat http://forums.slipstick.com On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:22:05 -0400, BrownCoat <BrownCoat.482xbm@invalid> wrote: > >When an email is stuck because of a b...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Automatically saving email
Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically save email address of out going messages in Outlook 2003 (IMAP). I know this function exists in Outlook express. Louise <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically save email > address of out going messages in Outlook 2003 (IMAP). I know this > function exists in Outlook express. See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Brian Tillman > See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm I'm not really familiar with usin...

Unexpected error in CRM when sending e-mail
I have a user who wishes to send a draft e-mail created with a webservice. When he tries to send it, it give a message "An error has occured". He was able to send these webservice messages before and has been able to afterward as well. Just THIS e-mail will not send. WHAT/ WHERE do I start. I have looked for Event log messages, but there are none. Is there a way to turn these on or off, because it may not be turned on to get the event log to get these messages??? Any help here would be appreciated. Note: The message does not contain anything that has not been sent before ...

how to configure distribution list to forward emails
I'll try to explain my problem as simple as possible. A distribution list (or group) in a partner company's exchange is configured to accept emails from our my@company-a.com email address. Likewise, I've set up a distribution list on our exchange server which will accept emails from partner@company-b.com (group properties, Exchange General tab, Message Restrictions, Accept messages/Only from:) How do I configure the distribution list so that it will accept emails from local users then forward it to its members (as normal), also forward the emails to an external email address as t...