CRM E-mail in Draft Folder

When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder
in Outlook.  The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients
are receiving the e-mail.  Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing
the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default
time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after
15minutes, and it has solved my issue.

Hope this helps,
Scott

0
frappe33
9/24/2004 7:12:46 PM
Thanks.  I'll try it.

"frappe33@gmail.com" wrote:

> We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing
> the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default
> time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after
> 15minutes, and it has solved my issue.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Scott

This seems to have fixed the issue.  But know I notice that sent CRM e-mail
is automatically going to my Deleted folder.  I checked my Outlook Mail
options and everything is set to have sent mail go to my Sent folder.
Thoughts?

"Corrado" wrote:

> When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder
> in Outlook.  The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients
> are receiving the e-mail.  Any ideas on why this is happening?
>
> Thanks.

Unfortunately, email sent from CRM doesn't actually get "sent" from Outlook,
thus it won't appear in your Sent folder.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Corrado" wrote:

> When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder
> in Outlook.  The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients
> are receiving the e-mail.  Any ideas on why this is happening?
>
> Thanks.

0
Matt
9/24/2004 9:18:38 PM
Support for the Outlook sent folder is being added in MSCRM 2005

--
Alex Simons
Director of Program Management
"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately, email sent from CRM doesn't actually get "sent" from
Outlook,
> thus it won't appear in your Sent folder.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:29:03 -0700, "Corrado"
> <Corrado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> This seems to have fixed the issue.  But know I notice that sent CRM
e-mail
> is automatically going to my Deleted folder.  I checked my Outlook Mail
> options and everything is set to have sent mail go to my Sent folder.
> Thoughts?
>

> "Corrado" wrote:
>
> > When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts
folder
> > in Outlook.  The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet
recipients
> > are receiving the e-mail.  Any ideas on why this is happening?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Alex
9/27/2004 5:53:28 AM
Will Outlook then be used to route email?  We have the problem of large
emails (700kb +) takening several minutes to send.  All my users are
telecommuting using broadband internet connections so when they send large
emails from outlook CRM the message locks up on their screen until it is
uploaded to the server.  I'm hoping this might be fixed in the next release.
tks,
Brandon

"Alex Simons [MSFT]" <alexsi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Support for the Outlook sent folder is being added in MSCRM 2005
>
> --
> Alex Simons
> Director of Program Management
> Microsoft CRM
> -------------------------
> rights.
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
>> Unfortunately, email sent from CRM doesn't actually get "sent" from
> Outlook,
>> thus it won't appear in your Sent folder.
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM

>> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:29:03 -0700, "Corrado"
>> <Corrado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> This seems to have fixed the issue.  But know I notice that sent CRM
> e-mail
>> is automatically going to my Deleted folder.  I checked my Outlook Mail
>> options and everything is set to have sent mail go to my Sent folder.
>> Thoughts?
>>

>> "Corrado" wrote:
>>
>> > When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts
> folder
>> > in Outlook.  The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet
> recipients
>> > are receiving the e-mail.  Any ideas on why this is happening?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

0
Brandon
9/28/2004 8:50:51 PM
Hi Alex, thanks for letting us know the Sent folder support will be coming.

This is a moderately painful issue, and I'm sure several of our clients on
MS CRM would appreciate knowing any workarounds that could let them see what
was sent via MS CRM.  I guess one option could be to cc yourself on every
email you send via MS CRM, but that is definitely far less than ideal.

Does anyone have any better suggestions that can help us track emails sent
via MS CRM until the 2005 version is available? (except going into every
Activity history tab!)  Thanks much,

Chris

"Alex Simons [MSFT]" wrote:

> Support for the Outlook sent folder is being added in MSCRM 2005
>
> --
> Alex Simons
> Director of Program Management
> Microsoft CRM
> -------------------------

CRM Entity
Hello Everyone, I am trying to setup CRM for my organization. I am wondering from where I can create Navigation option like Sales, Marketing, Service.... I will appreciate any help! Thanks & Regards, Sunil Chelaramani Hi, After you finished the installation, you will find the navigation as follows. On the server, start the internet explorer, and use url http://localhost:5555. Or http://localhost. Or http://crm. Depending upon your configuration during setup the url will be different. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "Sunil Chelaramani" wrote: > > Hello Every...

Folders disappearing after compacting file cabinet
Twice, now, I've lost a good chunk of e-mail I've saved in different folders because I've compacted my file cabinet. Anything with a file folder named with E or beyond gets dumped. A through D only remains. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks! Karen C. Did you compact or run ScanPST.EXE? I've never heard of a compact deleting valid data unless, of course, the file was damaged before running the compact. I hate to ask but do you have a backup of your PST from before this happened? "Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message news:...

Outgoing mail fine from Outlook, fails from IMAP
We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook or OWA and can send mail with no problems. I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well for some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail. However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just disappear. The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and there are no errors returned to the IMAP client. I also cannot find any warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get sent. I've been through the ...

Time Stamp on Inbound Mail
Is there a way to time stamp emails when they ARRIVE, vice when they are sent. Because of our SLA, we have certain timeframes to get work done in and the clock on that starts when they arrive at our facility. But, since it's time stamped with the time the user/client sent it, we are behind - as sometimes their emails don't arrive within the reasonable amount of time from when they sent it Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. A configuration, a 3rd party software, etc....... We are running Exch 2k3 & OL 2k3 Thanks Mack Outlook messages do contain a time stamp for the ti...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Undeliverable pop3 e-mail
I administer a Exchange 2003 server for 1 of my customers. All the undeliverable mail goes to undeliv@mydomain.com. The customer wants to see who the original adressee was, but it appears that Exchange changes this into undeliv@mydomain.com Help would be appreciated (and returned if needed). sinceraly yours, Stefan de Groot -- Bits and bites wont break my rights. my understanding is Exchange doesn't have the ability to forward undeliverable mail to a particular mailbox(it does forward them to a server if you wish). are you using any third-party for this purpose? if yes, it's th...

Incomplete Public Folder Replication
I'm running Exchange 5.5 on NT4/2000. I'd like to phase out a 5.5 box on NT4. I already migrated the mailboxes from that box to a new one running 2000 in the same Site. What's left are the Public Folders. So for that I've set up replication from the NT4 to the new 2000 box. After waiting a couple of days and checking if al folders have an in-sync replica, I found out that a whole bunch of folders, never got replicated. Reenabling them for replication, doesn't have any effect. Basically I'm stuck with an automatic process, that get's cut off with no means possible ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Exporting e-mail account settings
I want to transfer all my account settings to another computer, also running Outlook 2003. How do I do this? Many thanks Tony Not sure what operating system you are using, but I tend to using Windows XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard and Microsoft Office's 2003 Save My Settings Wizard to transfer settings from one system to the next. Another possibility is the user state migration tool. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4AF2D2C9-F16C-4C52-A203-8DAF944DD555&displaylang=en "Tony Rush" <NOtony_w_rushSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote i...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

Selecting sub-folders
How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than doing it one by one? Thanks mswart wrote: > How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than > doing it one by one? > > Thanks Just like you do and have done in Windows Explorer: drag the parent folder and all the child folders tag along. ...

Closely held secrets about junk email folder
All, Within my company, we occassionally send HTML formatted emails that end up in user's junk email folders and we have no idea why. In one instance it was a message that contained a large table structure in the body of the message, but once we preceeded the table with an empty <p> tag, it succeeded in going to the intended recipients. So in this case, it really wasn't the fact that we were targetting too many individuals, or that certain words were found in the message, it was just a silly design thing (apparently) that had caused the problem. It has dawned on me that it woul...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

Windows Live Mail (news)?
Hi, I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news). First question: How can i remove it ? Second question: I see that after start-up (or after stand-by) and immediately going to WLM often my connection to my provider fails ? Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick. Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read normally. Who can give any advice? Regards Huib Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving. -- Ron Somm...

e-mail through access
i have been searching the internet for two hrs now and i am really confused with what i have to do. i have a table with all my clients' email addresses. my goal is to send separate email with pdf attachment to each customer separately (not like bcc). i assume i have to create a form with message subject, message body, etc. then i need a "sendemailtoall" command button. could someone help me? i am using office 2003. See whether Arvin Meyer's EmailSenate2K sample at http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html is what you need. If not, check the Microsoft Ac...

CRM Bulk Delete of Activities
We are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation. Our marketing group has used smart lists and quick campaign which results in 30,000 open activies (emails). We can respond/delete/acknowledge them 250 at a time via the activities view. Clearly waiting for screen refreshes 120 times would waste a lot of time. Is there a way to "respond" to activies at a campaign level or in bulk? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C83679.362A3E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Problem installing CRM 1.2 on Win2003
Hello, I get the following error installing the product: Setup was unable to install the Windows installer package.msi of microsoft CRM Server Setup. Any ideas? Michael Where can I find an installation guide? Thanks Michael Hi Micheal, There is a CRM installation guide from Microsoft called Installing_and_Securing_CRM_on_SBS.doc. I found this guide extremely useful. I recommend thoroughly reading it before implementing any of it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C835F117-A447-48DB-940B-48EF88A192A3&displaylang=en Regards, Chris Netarus, LLC http://www...

Trouble with bulk import accounts in CRM 3.0
I'm having difficulties with bulk import wizard; I exported contacts from exchange pub folder into a tab separated file, but all I get from the import wizard is an error message “The source import file is corrupt”. I’ve tried a couple of combinations for the separator symbol and tried reducing the number of mapped fields from Outlook but with no results… Any ideas ? I am facing exactly the same problem in importing leads from a tab delimited spreadsheet into MS CRM 3.0. It was EXACTLY the same spreadsheet I have used in MS CRM 1.2 where it worked fine. Any suggestions on what mig...

Using a spread sheet for e-mail addresses
I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is there a way to copy the e-mail addresses into the To box (bcc) of an outgoing e-mail without first installing them in my contacts folder? Thanks, Len Urban Save the column as a text file, open the file in Word or your favorite text editor, replace all the line endings with semicolons, and paste it all into the BCC field. -Peter "Len Urban" <lturban@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hgVph.373$9B6.212@trnddc07... >I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is >ther...

Sharing Folders in WinCE 6.0
Dear All, I need to share a folder inside the WinCE 6.0 device. So that I can copy files from Windows PC to WinCE device as we normally do in Windows PC. I would like to know any documents or links available to get this information. Any Catalog items and registry settings needs to be done while building WinCE image. Wince supports the following options to sharing the data between the PC and your device. 1) you can use ActiveSync.(SYSGEN_AS_BASE,SYSGEN_AS_FILE). ActiveSync uses serial port or USB serial client to communitate with the device. 2) you can Mass Storage cl...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919@gmail.com Thanks Kris I would hope that most people on this group would take the time to study for these exams and pass them honestly otherwise whats the point? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431230.275661.283440@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi Folks , > If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , > Please...