CRM Deployment Manager SNAPIN

We are getting the following error when we try and use the
Deployment Manager

"The Selected snap-in did not initialize properly"

We have checked all the services and they appear to be
running correctly, we had tis problem in the past and were
able to resolve it by re-installing CRM, but the problem
has re-occured and we would like to find the cause of the
error and not re-install the software each time.

The event viewer has the following info for this error

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( DMSNAPIN )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin :
WhoAmI failed.."

I have not been able to find anything on micorsoft's or
google searches for either DMSNAPIN or IsCRMSysAdmin, any
help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.
0
sudhakar
8/27/2003 8:07:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The user that is logged in to the server (and thus trying to run deployment
mgr) needs to have a license and be a member of the System administrator
role.  Changing the password to the user should matter unless you forgot to
update all the services to use the new password.

"Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
Weird, I got that error yesterday too. I think it has to do with what user
you had when you installed it. The second I changed the password to that
account, I got that error.

-Gary

<sudhakar.raju@enetfinity.com> wrote in message
> We are getting the following error when we try and use the
> Deployment Manager
>
> "The Selected snap-in did not initialize properly"
>
> We have checked all the services and they appear to be
> running correctly, we had tis problem in the past and were
> able to resolve it by re-installing CRM, but the problem
> has re-occured and we would like to find the cause of the
> error and not re-install the software each time.
>
> The event viewer has the following info for this error
>
> "The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( DMSNAPIN )
> cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
> necessary registry information or message DLL files to
> display messages from a remote computer. The following
> information is part of the event: dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin :
> WhoAmI failed.."
>
> I have not been able to find anything on micorsoft's or
> google searches for either DMSNAPIN or IsCRMSysAdmin, any
> help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks.

0
Matt

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Purchase order generation rules are not followed by RMS Manager
When I generate a purchase order according to reorder information and to order from the supplier with the lowest cost, Manager does not always order from the supplier with the lowest cost. I can verify this by clicking through the ILC on the purchase order, clicking the supplier tab and the cost info on the two suppliers shows that the cheapest one is not the one that the PO is generated for. Any idea what is going on and how to fix it? Thanks! ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! 124 State ...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

Making CRM more attractive in Outlook
Hi, I'm new to this site (and MS CRM). I am preparing a presales demo and want to make the outlook (desktop) version of CRM more attractive for users by using the shortcut buttons that CRM provides. I have two questions. One is more Outlook related, really. - Can I create a new view in the navigation pane (like mail, calendar, ...) with my CRM buttons? Right now I have all these buttons under "shortcuts" but that doesn't appeal to the user. - I have once seen a demo where a view was created with all the standard shortcut buttons in a sort of "folder list",...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

CRM Url
I initially installed the CRM server to the default url of the server (i.e. http://servername). I then installed SharePoint and it messed the configuration up. I then uninstalled SP. Now I can't get to the default server's url of http://servername. Any suggestions on how to correct? Go into IIS and setup a Host Header for the CRM site, Then add an alias for the Header to DNS. Calling the Alias will then resolve and access the site, -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> att.net visit ME at: ...

I cannot uninstall CRM client for Outlook
We have two clinet machines that had CRM client for Outlook with Office 2003. We upgraded those workstations to Office 2007 and subsequently lost the ability to use the CRM features. When I try to uninstall the CLient, the uninstall asks for the disc and proceeds to reinstall the client until it realizes that the new version of outlook is incompatible. When trying the newer install disc for CRM, I get the following message: "The older version of Microsoft CRM desktop client cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." This is followed by " Action Micro...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...

CRM Laptop Client Connection Issue
Recently we registered ASP.Net2 on IIS in order to install a custom ASP.Net2 application on a CRM machine... Afterwards all sorts of problems occured of which we couldn't connect to CRM anymore. So we figured out that it could be an ASPNet version issue because we found that the main Web Site and sub sites like Microsoft CRM 3.0 now were using ASP.Net v2, so we changed these from properties, and we changed the master Web Site from the Properties > Virtual Directory Configuration to point to the Framework 1.4 rather than 2.0. Now, we managed to get CRM back to work and we are a...

Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed
Hi! I´ve an appplication which uses transcation in com+ to communicate with an remote sql server database. This works fine on my windows 7 x86 "appserver", but on another station using Windows 7 x64 it fails with the message below. I don´t now if it has something to do with x86, x64. When saving to the database I got: System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException was unhandled by user code Message="Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed." Source="System.Data" StackTrace: at Syst...

CRM Reports #3
i have to call invoice report using javascript on selection of radio button(bit) in ms crm 4.0. how i can do this . thanks in advance !!!!!! ...

Planning CRM 3.0 SBE Install
I am planning a new deployment of CRM 3.0 SBE. I will be performing a new SBS install to deploy on. Typically I have setup private networks using domain.local for the domain. These implementations use offsite mail servers. For CRM it looks like using a public domain might be better that using the POP3 connector to pull mail from our public mail server. I am also investigating migrating Goldmine 6.7 (dbase) data to MS CRM. Gotchas, recommendations, and comments would be appreciated. Thank You. John Miller ...

Total Failure of CRM/SQL
I am (was) running CRM 1.2 and SQL 2000 SP3 on the same box when CRM started acting funny and finally i couldn't access the web interface anymore. The box was still running (W2K3)so I backed up the databases with NT backup. Now, i rebuilt the server and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the CRM data following the IG. Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you have a backup of the sql database? If you have a backup of the database you can restore and do a reinstall of CRM, dont try to restore the crm program as well. Just restore the database, install CRM and point it to the database. >-...

CRM / SBT 6.x
Hello All & Greetings. I am looking for any material / Case Studies, etc. of Installing, Configuring & CUstomizing MS CRM and SBT Pro and would appreciate any material would be of immense help. thanks in advance. kishan I would go to www.greatplains.com and also microsoft.com/crm and have a dig around "R. Kishan Boddapati" <kishanb@sciencesinc.com> wrote in message news:11de01c3847e$e9a58370$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello All & Greetings. > > I am looking for any material / Case Studies, etc. of > Installing, Configuring & CUstomizing MS CRM and ...

CRM Contacts
I had a user complain about this issue, does an answer/explanation jump out at anyone? Had issue where CRM sent all CRM contacts into his personal Outlook (he has since deleted them and backed up his actual contacts from his Palm Pilot) Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net In one of the SFO folders, say Accounts, select Tools/Options. At the bottom of the screen the last section is titled "Create Microsoft CRM Items in my default Outlook folders". If you uncheck the Contacts box then next time you go offline contacts will not be copied from CRM down to Outlook contacts. T...