CRM default website

While installing CRM server, it can create a new website for CRM OR can use
default web site.
My organization has a websiteas www.xyz.com. If I provide this website while
installing CRM server as a CRM website, will it add the CRM web pages to my
organizations web site or will it replace the existing pages with CRM web
sites pages?

Please help. Thanks in advnce.
-Imran
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Never tried this.  However I would imagine that it would work with the issue
that existing files might be overwritten if they have the same name as MSCRM
files.  For instance like default.aspx....

Not too sure why you would want to do this anyway, unless it is your way of
making the MSCRM data to be available to the outside world.
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Imran" wrote:

> While installing CRM server, it can create a new website for CRM OR can use
> default web site.
> My organization has a websiteas www.xyz.com. If I provide this website while
> installing CRM server as a CRM website, will it add the CRM web pages to my
> organizations web site or will it replace the existing pages with CRM web
> sites pages?
>
> Please help. Thanks in advnce.
> -Imran
Crm will probably the remove everything and if it doesn't your site probably
will stop functioning.
Crm does install to the root of the web application so anything there will
be overwritten. I am not sure about vritual directories, I expect the install
will leave them and if they use .Net 1.1 they might still work and if not
just check the web.config files. Crm expects to be allone on the site so it
does some settings in the web.config that may break other sites.
Also I wouldn't recommend install crm on a public facing site unless you
specifically want it available this way. But then I'd still recommend looking
into other methods.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Never tried this.  However I would imagine that it would work with the issue
> that existing files might be overwritten if they have the same name as MSCRM
> files.  For instance like default.aspx....
>
> Not too sure why you would want to do this anyway, unless it is your way of
> making the MSCRM data to be available to the outside world.
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "Imran" wrote:
>
> > While installing CRM server, it can create a new website for CRM OR can use
> > default web site.
> > My organization has a websiteas www.xyz.com. If I provide this website while
> > installing CRM server as a CRM website, will it add the CRM web pages to my
> > organizations web site or will it replace the existing pages with CRM web
> > sites pages?
> >
> > Please help. Thanks in advnce.
> > -Imran
For what it's worth, I wouldn't recommend doing this.

"Imran" wrote:

> While installing CRM server, it can create a new website for CRM OR can use
> default web site.
> My organization has a websiteas www.xyz.com. If I provide this website while
> installing CRM server as a CRM website, will it add the CRM web pages to my
> organizations web site or will it replace the existing pages with CRM web
> sites pages?
>
> Please help. Thanks in advnce.
> -Imran

Act! to CRM Migration
Well it is appearant to me now that the CRM Data Migration Framework is a giant hunk of poo. It not only doesn't work but it frustrates you while enot working. Can anyone suggest a CRM datamigration tool or method that doesn't cost more than $500. My client bought CRM under the OpenValue plan and it is costing more then they EVER spent on Act! to migrate the data that the whitepaper said would migrate easily. -- - I am Johnny here is the solution you need http://www.scribesoft.com/ its more than 500 dollars though but worth it if you dont want to mess with the DMF -- John...

How to modify UI lables/captions in the existing MS CRM Menu's
Hi I am new to customization of the MS CRM UI. Can anyone guide me as to how to go about customizing the MS CRM UI lables/captions that are there on the various forms. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Amit Reddy Log into CRM with a user that has CRM System Administrator role assigned to it. Go to the Home Page in CRM. Click the Settings tab on the left, then click "System Customization." You will get a list of the different entities in CRM: leads, accounts, cases, contacts, opportunities, etc. Click the entity that you wish to customize. For example, click...

Sent Faxes in CRM 3 don't show in History?
I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verified by receiving person) however it doesn't get logged in the history. I can't seem to find any record of it except on the Fax Console on the server?? Anyone else have this problem or no how to solve it? ps: As a workaround I thought I might be able to automatically route faxes sent back th...

Customising views in CRM 3
I altered the default active user view and the advanced find user view by adding the domain logon field. However when I then use those views the additional field does not appear. When I go back to the customisation screens for those views the additional field is not present. I executed iisreset but this had no effect. Where am I going wrong? Did you "Publish" those customizations? If you didn't, that's probably why you haven't seen the changes. Thanks, Mitch ...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

Urgent help: change outlook default conatct form
Hi all, We added several fields to contacts in the standard form (design mode). We want this form to become users' default conatct form. Also, old contacts are able to launch from this new customized form. are these possible? exchange 2003/outllokk2003/outlook 2007) Yes. This is possible. You need to change the form on the folder properties and then run a program to change the IPM form used on existing items. See the last two sections at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm for details and link to the program. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

CRM on SBS?
Q1.) Can you run CRM on SBS 2K3? Q2.) If I install it on another server,can it use the SBS Exchange and not muck up current mail content? Please excuse if a total duh... Mike yes you can check out this updated chapter from the implementation guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ddbb17dc-fe7f-4309-b03b-1fc1c4eb6a97&DisplayLang=en -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mike" <mike@fictitiousspamplocker.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:eddCIoyZFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Q1.) Can you run CRM on SBS 2K...

Set defaults for new folders
When creating a new folder, two features are set as deafults (among others) that I would like to turn off: Reading Pane ON, and Group Messages by Date Received. Where can I customize the defaults for all new folders? Autstin, Sorry to say, but these items cannot be pre-configured or deployed. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "AustinJerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C55712D-328B-4A61-960B-E9D178B9FFC8@microsoft.com... > When creating a new fol...

Excel default date format
1) The default date format for Excel is "21-Mar" when I enter date recognized data. This is unusable for me, I need the year displayed. How do I change the default date format to display the year. 2) With default also, Excel sometimes requires "=" in equations and sometimes not; i.e., if I enter a '-' it converts the cell to an equation. How do i stop this so that it only makes equations when I enter '='. 3) How do I get help on Excel inconsistancies like the above in Excel documentation anywhere? mjk #1. If I type in the date that includes the ye...

How do I change default file locations in Publisher 2007?
any answers gratefully received! You can't. You can put a folder into My Places, when you save a Publisher document, click on that folder. It is an extra step, the developers forgot to include a default path option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F4F34D-FF54-400F-81BE-6388FFA564A4@microsoft.com... > any answers gratefully received! Thanks Mary. LEt's hope it will be added in the future! Best JAke "Mary Sauer"...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

Default Rules folder
When a message is highlighted in outlook and you click the organize button, the organize/rules box appears at the top of the screen. For the rule to move the item to the selected folder, the folder that is defaulted to is "INBOX". How would I change that so the folder that appears by default is "Deleted Items"? Thanks, Russell ...

Can I change the Navigation Pane Buttons default?
Many of our users here use the Public Folders to share contacts and/or calendars within a department. We just upgraded to 2003 from 97. In 97, one could drag or add a shortcut to the Outlook bar from Public Folders, and remove or move other shortcuts. Along those lines, users would like to click on the "Contacts" button in the Navigation Pane, and have it go directly to a public contacts folder (one click access). Is this possible? I know all about the shortcuts option, AND the favorites folder option, but I want to know if the default place those buttons point to can be ch...

Outlook locking up on laptops after CRM installation
I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? On Mar 20, 1:38 am, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of > the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are > having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? Please clarify: are you saying you installed CRM...

How do I get a jscript function to load in CRM?
I am a newbie. I just passed by CRM Customization exam, but have yet to do any real work. My first assignment was to write a format function that could be called from several fields. I assumed that I could just load the function into the OnLoad event, but I now see that the OnLoad event is itself a function. The window allows you only to enter the code that would fall between function OnLoad () { }, but not to add a different function. So how do I get this code loaded? I have seen code snippets that showed a line or two of code assigned to a javascript attribute, and I could, pre...

function defaults change in Pivot Table..why?
I was recently working in my pivot table and had something happened that doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I'm asking for some assistance. Usually, when I drag a field on to my Pivot Table in the DATA section it defaults to the sum function with a number field. It also defaults to a count function when I drag a field that has text in it. Recently, I got a pivot table that default a number field to the count function. Can anyone explain why the default has changed on this particular Pivot Table? Any asistance would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks! Tim If there's a blank ...

eCommerce (eStore) portal for MS CRM?
I wonder why there is virtually none availble add-ons to open up MS Dynamics CRm 4.0 as a B2C or B2B web portal, but intergrated to CRM.. There is eCommerce for NAv, there is eStore for GP,... but none for CRM. My thinking is; if there is large amount of customer data within CRm (including products), why not share this data directly with a e-store or a partner portal? Only thing which I've found is an accelerator from Microsoft, but there is non commmercial product available to my knowledge. Do you think is there any reason for that? Maybe it makes more sense to have ecomemrce we...

Defualt reminder not being set (by default)
I have checked Tools - Options - Default reminder. If I am in the inbox and choose New - Appointment the reminder box is checked. If I create the appointment from any place in the calendar (either by New - Appointment or clicking on the calendar) the reminder is unchecked. anyway to have it always checked? If you use reminders frequently I would recommend you to take a look at Cute Reminder... it's nice indeed http://www.CuteReminder.com/free/ -- Mike On Jun 15, 6:36 am, "Jack B. Pollack" <N...@NE.nothing> wrote: > I have checked Tools - Options - Defaultreminde...

How to turn off Page Layout View as default view
In Excel 2007 I have somehow turned on Page Layout View as my default view so that every time I open Excel or create a new workbook it is displayed in Page Layout View. I want it to open in Normal View by default. How do I change this? Thanks. -- Colin Halliday Hi Colin Click the Microsoft button (Large button top left of screen) Exel Options (Towards bottom right next to exit) Select Popular in left column (Normally defaults to this) Under "When creating new workbooks" heading. Click drop down against "Default view for new sheets" and select Normal view Regard...

how to:change CTL+click to pointer finger on hyperlink to website
How do I produce a "pointer finger" when over a web site or e-mail address. I currently have the CTL+clink showing. From file, preview your web site, is the pointer finger there? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE2E2CBD-F264-4EE4-901D-DACA4E011D8F@microsoft.com... > How do I produce a "pointer finger" when over a web site or e-mail address. > I currently have the CTL+clink showing. ...

publishing custom reports for MS CRM with Crystal Reports
Hi all, To meet specific reporting requirements I have made several custom reports with Crystal Reports for Microsoft CRM. The reports are stored in the Enterprise folder of our test server. Now I'd like to publish them on our production server. My question is how to do this. Is Report Manager the tool I need on the production server? Thank you for replying, Basman Hi, You can use the Report Manager to deploy the reports to the server. The tool was designed specifically for this task. By standard the tool is only accessible from the same server as it is installed on and not from ...

track in crm from word document or "send to"
when you right click a document and choose "send to mail recipient", or in an office document, you click on send to mail recipient as an attachment, the CRM toolbar should appear in the opened email massage and let you track the email. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&q...

Locked out of default file location
When setting up office XP on a new computer in our office, I accidently put in a file location that was incorrect. Used W:****** instead of W:\***** now I am locked out with an can not find W:**** and will not let me change the setting, even uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still doing this. Any thoughts? Paul -- Paul Donaldson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Donaldson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374053 Hello Paul...

CRM installed on 1 Server
Is anyone here running CRM 1.2 on Small Business Server? How is the performance? The installation that we received involved Small Business Server 2003 with: -Exchange -AD -SQL2000 -CRM 1.2 -Scribe CRMAdapter for integration with Great Plains on a 3Ghz Xeon with 3.7GB of RAM, and the users are complaining that it slow at times. We have about 5 or 6 users. I've verified that it can be somewhat slow as well. We've throttled back the Scribe DTS processes to a reasonable level and upgraded the memory from it's original 2GB. This has helped some. In any case, what are other peop...

Utilizing custom webcontrols in CRM
Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has successfully used the tabcontrol found in CRM. If so, is it simply a matter of adding to the VS IDE? Any help would be great. Cheers Chris dont think anyone has succesfully done this. also this would not be a supported microsoft configuration. You can learn a lot by digging through the code in the web site for crm "Chris Ericoli" <cericoliNO_SPAM@famill.com.au> wrote in message news:elDXxJOnDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just wondering whether anyone has successfully used the tabcontrol found in > CRM. If ...