CRM Database migration to a CRM database

We have a CRM database that is broken,  We would like to export all of the
data from our CRM database to a new CRM Database.  Anyone have a easy or
explainable way to do this.  Thank you
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ouch......

I'd look into "Scribe" software. You might have to have a new system up and
ready (ie fresh CRM install), and then migrate the data over using Scribe.

-Gary

"Stephen Crocker" <Stephen Crocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:09A232A0-75C0-431C-9B97-A6D956232E20@microsoft.com...
> We have a CRM database that is broken,  We would like to export all of the
> data from our CRM database to a new CRM Database.  Anyone have a easy or
> explainable way to do this.  Thank you

0
Gary
1/20/2005 6:37:55 PM
Hi Stephen,

we had exactly this problem but had an entire server crash and lost Active
Directory as well.

If it is just a CRM reinstall you may be able to reinstall, leaving the
databases intact, and then choose "use existing databases" when prompted
during installation.

If you are starting from scratch with a fresh server you can use the data
migration tools apparently (however, we never managed to get that to work).
We did manage to do it by literally importing tables in and manually editing
the security info but we didn't have huge amounts of data luckily!  I guess
that with a basic knowledge of SQL script or even VB this could be automated.
 I can e-mail you further details on this if you want them...

Ruth

"Stephen Crocker" wrote:

> We have a CRM database that is broken,  We would like to export all of the
> data from our CRM database to a new CRM Database.  Anyone have a easy or
> explainable way to do this.  Thank you

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Database Setup
I need to create a database to document employees performance. I need to list the employee, their department and then their job functions that they are responsible for. Each employee in the unit share the same job functions. I need to list about 15 different criteria for each job function and this is where I'm struggling. Would it be best to have a table for each job function and have the criteria part of that table, if I did that I'd end up with about 30 tables. I'm thinking there has to be an easier way, I just don't know what that would be. Any help you can give i...

Strange Problem when closing the database object
Hi All, I have a COM component using which is interacting with the database using the CDAODATABASE class. my applications works fine when i built it with VS6. when i built the application with VS2005, the application is suddently unloaded when i am trying to close the database. my database object is CDaoDatabase *m_DB; when my application calls the following method the component is getting unloaded. STDMETHODIMP CFeatureTable::Close() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) HRESULT hRes = S_OK; if (!m_Initialized) return S_OK; TRY_DAO { // Nee...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

Making CRM more attractive in Outlook
Hi, I'm new to this site (and MS CRM). I am preparing a presales demo and want to make the outlook (desktop) version of CRM more attractive for users by using the shortcut buttons that CRM provides. I have two questions. One is more Outlook related, really. - Can I create a new view in the navigation pane (like mail, calendar, ...) with my CRM buttons? Right now I have all these buttons under "shortcuts" but that doesn't appeal to the user. - I have once seen a demo where a view was created with all the standard shortcut buttons in a sort of "folder list",...

CRM Url
I initially installed the CRM server to the default url of the server (i.e. http://servername). I then installed SharePoint and it messed the configuration up. I then uninstalled SP. Now I can't get to the default server's url of http://servername. Any suggestions on how to correct? Go into IIS and setup a Host Header for the CRM site, Then add an alias for the Header to DNS. Calling the Alias will then resolve and access the site, -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> att.net visit ME at: ...

I cannot uninstall CRM client for Outlook
We have two clinet machines that had CRM client for Outlook with Office 2003. We upgraded those workstations to Office 2007 and subsequently lost the ability to use the CRM features. When I try to uninstall the CLient, the uninstall asks for the disc and proceeds to reinstall the client until it realizes that the new version of outlook is incompatible. When trying the newer install disc for CRM, I get the following message: "The older version of Microsoft CRM desktop client cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." This is followed by " Action Micro...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

5.5 actual database size
Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached 16G 1. Database size = file size 2. Database size = file size - free space (shown by event 1221) I just need to know if I have to do an offline defrag or not as event 1221 is showing around 4G of free space (after a lot of archiving) but the file size is very close to 16G. Thanks in advance. Pete "=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZUw=?=" <PeteL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:367267BB-1251-4F6A-9101-A6751320EB23@microsoft.com: > Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached...

Public Folder Migration #5
I want to migrate my Public Folders to a new Exchange server mail server. I have migrated my mailboxes using ExMerge, however, I have no idea on how to migrate my Public Folders. Please help me. Thanks, S Add Your new exchange server also to public folder replication server list. Once it get replicated you can remove old exchange server. And all public folder will be by default Mail enabled public folders when you migrate. Regards, Mallika. "Skc" wrote: > I want to migrate my Public Folders to a new Exchange server mail server. > > I have migrated my mailboxes us...

Questions on migration from VS2005 to VS2010
Hi folks, As is the case every couple of years, I go through a nerve-wracking transition to a new development environment. The thing is, I've become really comfortable with VS2005, and our small team has a very simple and effective approach to development. I am nervous that VS2010 will negatively effect our productivity; but don't want to get too "far behind" toolset versions. So, that being said, I wanted to ask a few questions on what to expect when moving from VS2005 to VS2010 on an upcoming project. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Question...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...

CRM Laptop Client Connection Issue
Recently we registered ASP.Net2 on IIS in order to install a custom ASP.Net2 application on a CRM machine... Afterwards all sorts of problems occured of which we couldn't connect to CRM anymore. So we figured out that it could be an ASPNet version issue because we found that the main Web Site and sub sites like Microsoft CRM 3.0 now were using ASP.Net v2, so we changed these from properties, and we changed the master Web Site from the Properties > Virtual Directory Configuration to point to the Framework 1.4 rather than 2.0. Now, we managed to get CRM back to work and we are a...

Reduce database size
My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? Thanks. coupleofdogs wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to > reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? You can shrink databases, rebuild index.. and delete old journal entries (digital copy of receipt) .. which is the size of your database ? cod The database is 911 Mb. It shows I have 16 Mb left. Thanks for any help. "coupleofdogs" wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow....

CRM Reports #3
i have to call invoice report using javascript on selection of radio button(bit) in ms crm 4.0. how i can do this . thanks in advance !!!!!! ...

Planning CRM 3.0 SBE Install
I am planning a new deployment of CRM 3.0 SBE. I will be performing a new SBS install to deploy on. Typically I have setup private networks using domain.local for the domain. These implementations use offsite mail servers. For CRM it looks like using a public domain might be better that using the POP3 connector to pull mail from our public mail server. I am also investigating migrating Goldmine 6.7 (dbase) data to MS CRM. Gotchas, recommendations, and comments would be appreciated. Thank You. John Miller ...

Total Failure of CRM/SQL
I am (was) running CRM 1.2 and SQL 2000 SP3 on the same box when CRM started acting funny and finally i couldn't access the web interface anymore. The box was still running (W2K3)so I backed up the databases with NT backup. Now, i rebuilt the server and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the CRM data following the IG. Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you have a backup of the sql database? If you have a backup of the database you can restore and do a reinstall of CRM, dont try to restore the crm program as well. Just restore the database, install CRM and point it to the database. >-...

CRM / SBT 6.x
Hello All & Greetings. I am looking for any material / Case Studies, etc. of Installing, Configuring & CUstomizing MS CRM and SBT Pro and would appreciate any material would be of immense help. thanks in advance. kishan I would go to www.greatplains.com and also microsoft.com/crm and have a dig around "R. Kishan Boddapati" <kishanb@sciencesinc.com> wrote in message news:11de01c3847e$e9a58370$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello All & Greetings. > > I am looking for any material / Case Studies, etc. of > Installing, Configuring & CUstomizing MS CRM and ...