We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
What is the best approach to take here?

0
Martindale
5/11/2007 6:26:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am trying to do the same...

What I really want is:

1)  Service activity calendar view to show the customer name, number and
address in the mouseover
2)  When a service calendar item is clicked on, I would like the contact
name, address and telephone listed in the main form
3)  When printing a service calendar item, I want the name, address and
telephone number to be there.

Thanks
Jamie

"Martindale" wrote:

> We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> What is the best approach to take here?

You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.

Jeremy

On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> What is the best approach to take here?

0
jjohnson
5/11/2007 7:51:23 PM
On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
> You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
> GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
> There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
> does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
> stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
> URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>
> Jeremy
>
> On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> > the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> > same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> > but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> > What is the best approach to take here?- Hide quoted text -

But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
the "contact" form?

0
Martindale
5/11/2007 8:02:08 PM
The GUID is the key to the kingdom.  Once you have that, you can call
up any form.  Notice that if you pull up any form in CRM the end of
the URL usually contains the GUID.

Jeremy

On May 11, 2:02 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
>

> > You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
> > GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
> > There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
> > does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
> > stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
> > URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>
> > Jeremy
>
> > On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
> > > the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
> > > same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
> > > but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
> > > What is the best approach to take here?- Hide quoted text -

> But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
> Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
> sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
> the "contact" form?- Hide quoted text -

Jeremy
5/11/2007 8:59:39 PM
When you list a bunch of records, like Active Accounts, notice the little
arrow on the left? Click on the arrow and what happens? Some info about that
Account is displayed below the Account record listing. The format and info
displayed is the Preview Form.

"Martindale" <eric.martindale@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
>> You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
>> GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
>> There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
>> does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
>> stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
>> URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>>
>> Jeremy
>>
>> On May 11, 12:26 pm, Martindale <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > We'd like to be able to open a service activity, and display all of
>> > the associated contacts' information (name, phone, address) on the
>> > same form.  We have attempted to use IFRAMEs to load this information,
>> > but have so far been unsuccessful in achieving the desired effect.
>> > What is the best approach to take here?- Hide quoted text -

> But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
> Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
> sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
> the "contact" form?

0
Larry
5/12/2007 3:58:40 AM
On May 11, 11:58 pm, "Larry Lentz, CRM MVP" <L...@LentzComputer.net>
wrote:
> When you list a bunch of records, like Active Accounts, notice the little
> arrow on the left? Click on the arrow and what happens? Some info about that
> Account is displayed below the Account record listing. The format and info
> displayed is the Preview Form.
>
> "Martindale" <eric.martind...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On May 11, 3:51 pm, jjohn...@statera.com wrote:
> >> You basically have to build a "on create" workflow rule that grabs the
> >> GUID (using a custom assembly) and writes it to a field on the form.
> >> There are some tutorials out there that tell you how to do this.  It
> >> does take some knowledge of C# or VB.Net.  Once you have the GUID
> >> stored in a field on your form, you can dynmically build the iFrame
> >> URL using Javascript and plug in the GUID from that field.
>
> >> Jeremy

> > But is that the only way to do it?  I see a form that is the "Preview
> > Contact" - can we attach that to the service activity form using some
> > sort of relationship?  How is the preview contact form associated with
> > the "contact" form?

Right, that's the form I want to incorporate into the "Service
Activity" form.  How exactly do I link the two?

0
Martindale

Missing Customer
Has anyone ever had customer's disappear on them. We've got 22 different stores and customers are set to global. Recently a couple of stores have complained that customers are disappearing from their Store Operations systems. Any advice is appreciated, -Bill On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:09:05 -0800, "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone ever had customer's disappear on them. We've got 22 different >stores and customers are set to global. Recently a couple of stores have >complained that customers are disappearing from their St...

Group Exchange Services
Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2003 sp1 Is group "Exchange services" a relevant group for Exchange 2003 and windows 2003? Thanks Stefan Hello: That group is relevant to Exchange and should not be modified. IIRC, it is created after installing your first Exchange server. Regards, Martin "StefanHammar" <StefanHammar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C43401-7DA4-4E19-B2F6-288DA052AF7A@microsoft.com... > Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2003 sp1 > > Is group "Exchange services" a relevant group for Exchange 2003 and > win...

Exchange Services group does not exist?
Hey Guys, Im getting a Exchange Recipient Update Service error, which Kb290419 descibes perfectly, but when I went to move the user-groups mentioned in the fix, I found Exchange Enterprise Servers and Exchange Domain Servers were alreadyin the Users group, but Exchange Services was nowhere to be seen... Can I create this group manually, and if so, what are the settings? Or is there some snazzy Microsoft support tool which will fix this for me? Cheers, Jeff On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:15:30 -0700, thatotherguy <thatotherguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey Guys, >Im getting ...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

Formula to Autofill Info based on Other Data
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 Good morning! I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basic Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workbook with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelled PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the product name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, and Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those are the columns we will be dealing with. All specific inform...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

Anyone know a service that updates prices in MS Money?
Since my online membership has expired and I can't renew my MS Money Premium Plus subscription, I'm looking for another way to get stock quotes into MS Money. I know I can download my broker statements directly into MS Money but there's too many faults with the process and I like to manage input myself. I'm going to try to stretch out Money as long as I can as I have an investment eco-system built around it by dumping Money data into Excel via an Excel add-on and then I can massage the data any way I want in MS Access. I appreciate any ideas. Thanks, Miles In micros...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

Moving mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C61DC8.6FAD4950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: When moving mailboxes using AD Users and Computers from = Exchange server A to Exchange Server B, what will be the effect on users = that currently have their mailbox open in Microsoft Outlook? Some of the = users have Outlook 2003 and some of them have Outlook 2002. Is it best = to do the move when noone is on? but the thing is in this organization, = we have so laptop users that may not be on...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

Incorrect Currency Displayed
When exporting data from a VB application to an Excel spreadsheet I am finding that the wrong currency symbol is displayed. OS used is XP. The XP regional settings and language are set for UK. When the data is exported the display for the currency data on the spreadsheet is a $ rather than £. When I try to format the cells in excel to set the currency symbol the dialog box displayed shows that the currency symbol for the cells is £ but no matter what I do when I close the dialog box the currency symbol on the spreadsheet is still a $ symbol. HELP! Thanks, Maxy Maxy, Tr...

displaying dates in UK format
I didn't write the original database and my knowledge of database design is not good enough to duplicate the work already done. With a variety of computers running Windows98 and/or XP, using Access2003, I cannot get dates to display on my forms in UK format (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy or even d/m/yy). The computers in use all have the short date format set to dd/mm/yyyy in regional settings. I have read through http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html and tried the formatting suggested there and it didn't work for me. I added it to "Lost focus" and "OnExit" and ...

Removing Campaign Templates and Template Activities from default v
I am trying to figure out how to prevent template activities and campaign templates from showing up in default views in the "Activities" section of CRM as well as the "Advanced Find" and "Regarding" views. ...

Display different outgoing mail domain
We have purchased a domain name that we would like to use for our email. ie we use Stargate as a mail provider, but we want our outgoing mail to show person@companydomain.com instead of person@stargate.net. You could do this in previous versions of Outlook (tell it how to display outgoing email address), but I can't figure out how to do this in 2002 Outlook. Does anyone know if this can be done? ...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

How to make A1 the active cell in all visible worksheets ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ......so that when i activate the sheet A1 is the cell in the upper left = corner of my screen. Thanx ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Customer Membership Expiration Date
I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a discount in the gift shop. She would like to set the expiration date on the membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Add-Ons available? Thanks for your time and knowledge. You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the date in that field is less than today. Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually very h...

Total from a Query to a Form
Hello, I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary view. How can I make this possible. Thanks in advance. On Sep 25, 8:34 am, Chris <chris.ho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a > table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the > numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary > view. How can I ma...

SQL Reporting Services
Hello In System Settins > Report Categories i get the message " Report categories are not available because SQL Server Reporting Services is not installed or has not been configured for Microsft CRM" the URL https://myserver/Reports works and the https://myserver/reportserver also works what configuration should I do to Microsoft CRM to fix this error - message thank you Athan ...