CRM Customization 07-05-05

I need to customize CRM adding some fields in several forms. I'd like to
look at some documentation on how to do it: apparently there is (was?) a CRM
Customization White Paper on the MS site but the link is now broken.

Is there some detailed docs on CRM customization (like Schema details and so
on)? I had a look at the CRM SDK but it seems to be far beyond our current
need.

TIA,

Andrea

0
Andrea
7/5/2005 2:29:50 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Andrea. If you need add Custom Fields to your form, first you need
create these field in Deployment Manager/ Schema manager / Type of Record
(like Contacts) / Atributtes. Here right click and select "New Schema Field"

When you finished this step, you need to add these custom fields to your
form. For this, open CRM / Setting / System Customization / Type of Record /
Customize Form. Here click in "Add fields" and is done.

Remember that you need to publish these changes trought Deployment Manager.
Warning: The custom fields that you add to Schema can`t be deleted.

Hope that help you.

Daniel Rodriguez
SMS - Argentina
start having a look at this on how to add fields to a form:
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/crm/use/customize_the_crm_UI.mspx

if you need to add custom fields then you need to add them in the Deployment
manager - Schema manager (choose you record Type, Attributes, "Add Schema
Fields...once adde they cannot be renamed nor removed)

Once you'r done adding your fields you need to publish them thru deployment
manager. (After doing that is recommended that you restart IIS, you probably
won't be able to see your new fields...)

"Andrea Cogliati" wrote:

> I need to customize CRM adding some fields in several forms. I'd like to
> look at some documentation on how to do it: apparently there is (was?) a CRM
> Customization White Paper on the MS site but the link is now broken.
>
> Is there some detailed docs on CRM customization (like Schema details and so
> on)? I had a look at the CRM SDK but it seems to be far beyond our current
> need.
>
> TIA,
>
> Andrea

workflow manager 03-07-05
Hi i installed crmserver on windows 2000srv with sp4 and install all required component on crm server All web interface is working... but i try to open workflow manager crm server gives me error message "you do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM privilages to run WorkFlow manager." But i am enterprise admin in domain..and i have sufficient privilages on the system. Please correct this. thanks... It seems like you don't have a crm license or that user was'nt the one installing the CRM system. To run WF, you need a crm license and a role with wf permissions /Jakob "j...

Microsoft CRM should allow you to customise Price List Item
In order to allow for the implementation of more complex product catalogues within Microsoft CRM I would like to be able to customise the prices list item entity to create new attributes and relationships. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

CRM Exam: Outlook graph ?
Hi, I've just finished my third (3) try to pass the Installation and customization exam. I failed.... with 77% !! I had 100% for Security, 90% for supporting technologies, 90% for data migration and 90% for server&client installation..... But only 45% for Architecture. And that made me fail the exam. I had 3 questions regarding "Outlook Graph" (no typo): but I can't find anything about a outlook graph. I've searched www.microsoft.com, support.microsoft.com, groups.google.com (crm newsgroup); but nothing about a "Outlook Graph". Is there anybody who knows ...

CRM Mobile Express login failure on smarphone
I setup CRM mobile express and have it working with an extenal ip address:81. I can access it from our network, outside of our network and on 2 other smart phones (Treo and Verizon phone both with mobile 5). When I try to access from a cingular 8125 mobile 5 phone it doesn't prompt me to login and thus fails. I am able to connect to the internet from this phone. I would gues that it is some browser setting but have searched through all the options and don't see anything different from other mobile phones that are able to bring up the site. HELP! Thanks! Greg Possibly a certificate i...

Data Import - Contacts
I've finally got the DMM installed and accessing CRM Live instance. However, when I go to load contacts and reference Parent Customer to link to Accounts already loaded in the CRM I keep getting an error that the lookup reference cannot be found. I've tried various formats: "account, {GUID}" "account","{GUID}" "actual account name, {GUID} {GUID} account name Anyone know the correct format? it needs to be "account, {GUID}" for example: FirstName,LastName,ParentCustomer Kamal,Hitari,"account,{BB51BC3D-98EB-DC11-9C73-0002B3C73...

Help with Advanced Filter criteria for customized email inbox view
Using MSOutlook2003 I customized my Outlook Inbox view with an advanced filter. The criteria were Field Condition Value -------- ----------- ------ Due By does not exist Due By on or before Today() The result was that I see all of my email messages that either don't have a reminder set (flag and due date) or have a reminder set for any time after 12:00:00 AM of the current day. This worked very well. Everything that is due on a future day was hidden from view so I didn't have to look at it. I then decided that I also wan...

Filtered view for a new Custom Entity is not created
Hi there, I've just created a new Custom Entity - but can't see the Filtered View in the database. What could be the problem? regards, Robert Hi Robert, have you published the entity? -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD8BD85F-8E75-49AF-9CE0-1274CD0BD8F2@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I've just created a new Custom Entity - but can't see the Filtered View in > the database. > > What could be the problem? > > regards, > Robert >...

Want to use CRM for an internal helpdesk and ISOLATE internal case
I have what I hope is a quick question... I have set up the CRM to allow our internal IT team to utilize it as an internal helpdesk. I want to isolate internal cases from those of our customes. I did the following: - added our HQs as an account - then added all the personnel as contacts associated with the account - set up a security role for our IT team (who are already in their own business unit in the organization) that prevents them from any priveleges to service case records EXCEPT at the business unit level (not parent/child or organization) I thought this would prevent the ...

"Failed to create Microsoft CRM Database"
I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM Server for testing purposes on a Windows Server 2000 machine. I have install all the needed software, including SQL Server SP3, Exchange 2000, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. When I try to install CRM Software it gives following error messages " Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server" "Failed to create Microsoft CRM Database" "unknown error.(80040e14)" thanks in advance Hakan Guzen Hakan, One reason for this is when you have multiple AD controllers. The SQL server is a...

dcount 05-29-10
I would like to use the values in dcount to perform another calculation. I counted two sets of records and would like to divide the two numbers to give a percent. For example =dcount("[pass]","GED results","[pass]='y'")/=dcount("form3]","ged results") -- ts On Sat, 29 May 2010 11:02:01 -0700, Tim <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You are very close: =dcount("[pass]","GED results","[pass]='y'")/dcount("form3]","ged results") -Tom. Microsoft Acce...

Error when trying to access Reporting Section in MS CRM 3.0 Pro
Hello, I just deployed MS CRM 3.0 Pro a couple of days ago and everything seems to be working properly, however whenever anyone goes to the Report section under My Work they get this error. "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " and they can either try again or cancel no matter what they push they end up going to the previous section they were at. I am not sure what is happening. I have searched the internet and haven't really found anything to help me so I thought I would try here. Thanks, Andrew Wong Hello, I was able to ...

Do I need to be inside the intranet to be able to use the new CRM Office 2007 client
Hi All: This is the scenario: A CRM USer, that has no access to the corp network (obviously his laptop neither), needs to use the client with Office 2007. When I try to test the escenario from outside the INtranet, I cannot specify a username and password. Cause I tried the installation, I am getting this warning "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." Any ideas? THANK YOU Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Hi Alejandro, You need to be connected to the domain to setup the client, either in the corporate network or through a VPN connectio...

custom search outlook 2003
Hi. I had a customized contact form applied to a public folder. But when I search a contact the result is nothing. The problem is that the search never gets the custom controls and fields that I created in the form. I am able to get the contacts thru an advanced search and browse for the controls of my custom form. But I need to do this every time that I want to search a contact. What I had to do to save this advanced search that make it the default? Thanks Please do not multipost. If you want to save an advanced search in the UI do so from the File menu of the Advanc...

custom autonumber
I am trying to create a fairly simple database, but I am having troube with creating a custom autonumber field. I need to create a field called "Bid Number" that is the primary key and has the following format: "yy000" where "yy" is the current fiscal year (May to April, or 8 months ahead of calendar year), and "000" is the generated/incremented number. Ex. 08123. And I need the "000" part to automatically reset each Fiscal Year (May 1st). For example, say a bid number on April 31st is 08158, then the first one on May 1st would be 090...

FRx
Hi, is it possible to use FRx to report on tables/views in the Great Plain database that are not part of the Great Plains application data model? I'd like to leverage the existing reporting structure (security, distribution, etc.) to generate reports on other data housed in a separate sql server instance, which would be made available in the Great Plains sql server instance by a view that references a linked server. Is that possible? Thanks, Andreas No, it's not. FRx only reports on GL tables. You might want to check out alternate reporting tools like Crystal and XL Reporter. ...

Custom Address List
I can create a custom address list, but I can't seem to have to filters. My first filter for users is: User Description starts with ASI My second filter for distribution list is: Group Description starts with ASI If I have both filters, no results are found. If I have only one or the other filters, it works. Did I do something wrong? I want both users and DLs to show up on this address list. Can you post the filter (text)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "ngan" <ngan@discussions.microso...

customizing outlook today #3
When I click on Customize Outlook Today.. nothing happens. I have left clicked, right clicked and nothing. I am working with Office 2000 and it does the same thing on all 3 of my computers. I have all of the current updates. Any thoughts? ...

Form Defaults 07-13-05
I need help understanding the defaults for forms. I have a picklist on my account form that has three choices. 1) Default Value 2) No 3) Yes I have set the default to be Yes, which is a '3' Now when a new account is created, the form shows a Yes, but the database underneath has NULL. Why is this? What can I do to make sure the database matches the default? TIA Dear Tim, For CRM it does not matter if the database is null or 3. When using the SDK for programmatically modifying crm data, you will always get the correct value. Therefore I would advice you to not contact the dat...

CRM 3.0 setup problem
Hi! I have tried to install CRM 3.0 Russian language on my Win2003 server and the installation failed on "ProvisionBusiness" step. Installation of the CRM3.0 English on the same computer works well. Does anyone have the same problem with russian or other languages versions of the CRM 3.0 except english? All versions I have tried to install are from msdn site, SHA-1 of ISO is correct. Win2003 (corporate edition, english) tuned to russian language, SQL 2005 server has default page Cyrilic_AC_CI. The error log of the installation attempt follows: ==================== ....... 19:08:54...

CRM Database migration to a CRM database
We have a CRM database that is broken, We would like to export all of the data from our CRM database to a new CRM Database. Anyone have a easy or explainable way to do this. Thank you Ouch...... I'd look into "Scribe" software. You might have to have a new system up and ready (ie fresh CRM install), and then migrate the data over using Scribe. -Gary "Stephen Crocker" <Stephen Crocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A232A0-75C0-431C-9B97-A6D956232E20@microsoft.com... > We have a CRM database that is broken, We would like to export al...

custom recipients from ex 5.5 to ex 2003
Hello, We've got a ex2003 working, migrated mailboxes from old ex5.5. But we also need all the custom recipients that we created over the years as contacts with only a smtp address (ie. first name: john; last name: smith; smtp address: j.smith@hotmail.com etc.....) you get the idea. I've exported a huge csv list from ex 5.5. now how do I import all of these into a OU as a contact without manually inputting these details. Nay ideas?? Have tried csvde without success are there any other tools around??? Cheers! k.wong@rdg.ac.uk (smelly) wrote: >Hello, > >We've got a ex20...

Unable to disable user in CRM
Hi We receive an error message when we try to disable a user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. The error message states: "An error has occurred. Contact your system administrator". We are not sure why this could be occuring. We have activated the account in AD and we are still not able to delete the user. We searched for an appropraite KBA but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated. Many Thanks Mark Can you enable the Dev error in web config file and post us the detail problem? Go through from followiong steps: 1 = check the diomainlog...

CRM email from Outlook not sending
Hi, Using Outlook CRM email (from toolbar) and sending email to email address (not in CRM) will not send the email at all and not saved in CRM. Is it not possible to send email to eg employee which is not CRM user or some contact that you don't want to save in CRM and save this email and attach to some opportunity or account? Is the only way to do this by promote email from Sent Items ? Regards, SH The problem is that when the email is being created it is looking for a CRM record that it can be associated with. Basically, an activity can not exist independently within CRM, it needs ...

custom receipt xml file
In my customization, I created new receipt template xml and need to store that to database during installation. Anyone know how to do that? I am using vb.net. I know in RMS, Receipt table contains this information, but the template field is a "ntext" type, what is really stored in those field? What is the code to do that? Any suggestions/helps are appreciated. Leanne ...

Send email notification from workflow to other CRM 3.0 users
All CRM mail going out to contact's and accounts is working 100% now. Routing the emails back also works 100%. Can anybody tell if me, if one is creating an email with the workflow email and require to email a user's normal email account and obviously the CRM for notification and CRM workflow to other users My work > Assigned qeueu? Is this possible? Warren O ...