CRM customization 05-19-04

I have customized some forms on the web client,and they
worked fine. but they dont seem to have filtered down
into the Outlook client!!

How does that work ??

Cheers
 JT
0
johnty
5/19/2004 11:17:20 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi:

The changed forms should show up the next time your synchronize...

John.

"johnty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have customized some forms on the web client,and they
> worked fine. but they dont seem to have filtered down
> into the Outlook client!!
>
> How does that work ??
>
> Cheers
>  JT

0
John
5/19/2004 7:46:37 PM
I ma not seeing any changes in the OFS forms they have
changed on the server via web access but not in outlook.
Am I missing something here??

JT

0
johnty
5/20/2004 11:34:44 AM
You should have the following file operating -
OutlookClient.xml and then you should be able to see the
changes in Outlook as well.

Monika

0
Monika
5/21/2004 6:08:02 AM
Where is this file to be found on the server or locally?
I have searched on the client and I cannot find it.

0
Johnty
5/21/2004 7:51:10 AM
Hi John,

This file is on the server eg.
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\_Resources\OutlookClient.xml. It's
possible the name of the file is
OutlookClient_sample.xml. I suggest you publish the stuff
all over again, then take a look in the OutlookClient.xml
file and see if the customizations have come over. If
they have you should be able to see the customizations in
Outlook.

Monika

0
Monika
5/21/2004 8:38:51 AM
Monika,  found the file and have re-published the updates
the file it looks fairly empty of details.  what can I do
to force the issue???

John

0
Johnty
5/21/2004 8:48:28 AM
Monika,

I copied the sample xml file and renamed it
to "outlookclient.xml" republished and restarted IIS and
the job is done.

many thanks for your help on this one!!

John

0
Johnty
5/21/2004 8:57:10 AM
John,

Great to hear that you got it working! =) Sorry if I was
a bit unclear on the renaming of the file.

Monika

0
anonymous

GP and CRM servers
I am currently running three different servers. One server (Windows server 2003) is running Dynamics GP 10. This server also acts as my terminal services license server. Access to this server is via remote desktop and server access is via “Users and groups” settings (not Active Directory). My second server (Windows server 2003) is running CRM 4.0 and active directory. My third server (Windows Server 2008) will eventually be a SharePoint (MOSS 2007) server. I am in an academic environment and my three servers are running on top of VMware 2.5 ESX on IBM Blade hardware. I have no ...

word invoice with drop down list of customers
Can I set up an invoice with drop-down list that fills in fields on invoice when I select customer? See the following pages of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "MikeK98404" <MikeK98404@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2424A005-19FE-4BBB...

Error Code 646 04-24-10
I have been gettting this error code since 2007 when I first got the computer. I have never to this day been able to install updates.. My computer sucks right now because of it. I can upgrade my version of windows until the Updates are installed and I cant install them cause no one knows anything about error code 646; So know what Deal with it like I have been for the last 3-yrs? http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=dc5a9a85-ea9c-48e3-82a2-0fe2e8f88bd6...

Custom Lists #3
I am trying to create a macro that will fill cells with a custom list o set times. I have already created the custom list, but I don't kno how to get a macro to do what I want it to do? Any Suggestions??? Thanks! Heathe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Heather, Try something like the following: Dim V As Variant Dim Ndx As Long V = Application.GetCustomListContents(listnum:=1) For Ndx = LBound(V) To UBound(V) Cells(Ndx, 1).Value = V(Ndx) Next Ndx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "hgranin...

Error Messages in CRM Trace
Hello, I'm getting the following Eror Messages in my CRM 4.0 Trace. This Error Message occours every minute, even when nobody is using the CRM. I think this error comes from a background service because I never got an error message when using CRM. Has someone an idea how to solve the problem? with regards Janis ----- [2008-10-17 09:53:29.6] Process: w3wp |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread: 1 |Category: Exception |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error | CrmException..ctor at CrmException..ctor(String message, Exception innerException, ...

CRM SDK: Creating notes with attachments
Greetings, I'd like to use the SDK to: 1) Create a note. 2) Attach a document to the note. 3) Attach the note (and associated document) to an Account. Then, hope and pray that that information will sync down to the client when they go off line. Has anyone done this before with success or failure? Regards, --Paul Galvin ISSG From one of Jason Hunts posts: ========================================================================= We goofed on this one. We were supposed to expose the UpdateBinaryData method for the CRMNotesMAnager class in the SOAP Proxy but it didn't make it...

HELP - Dilemma with CRM 3.0 Mobile
According to the CRM 3.0 Mobile documentation, for CRM servers connected to the Internet, you can either configure it using (1) Microsoft's 'perimieter network' settings, or use (2) their 'other perimeter network' settings. The first scenario doesn't apply since we don't use ISA Server. The second doesn't apply either since we don't use 2 firewalls, just one. Our scenario consists of dedicated DC, Exchange, CRM/SQL, and file servers. Our firewall manages 2 external IP's, one which is routed via NAT to Exchange (http://exchange.domain.com), and th...

How do I customize print set up in excel 2003
My office just upgraded Microsoft 98 to Microsoft XP, I'm using 2 up computer form (9.5" x 11") to print and using Panasonic KX-P1121 printer. The paper size that I was using in Microsoft 98 W=8.46" L=5.51", but now I notice that in Microsoft XP I could not customize the paper size, is that a way to do it? Likely, you didn't also upgrade your printer driver for XP? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "linacml" <linacml@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:895EB79F-6519-486F-9BED-8B0B2F81FA49@microsoft.com... > My offic...

CRM External Web Access
Where can I find instructions on configuring our CRM site to be available via the web? We're using SBS 2003 with ISA 2004. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com on the CRM cd there should be a documentation folder with a PDF of the implementation guide.or download it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en This is a good read: http://www.sbs-rocks.com/crm/crmsbeinstall.htm "karupspc@yahoo.com" wrote: > on the CRM ...

Customizations
Has anyone tried exporting customizations from a Microsoft CRM 3.x instance that is running on SQL Server 2005 and then importing the customizations to the same version of Microsoft CRM that is running on SQL 2000 SP4? We have a customer that is going to run Microsoft CRM on 3.x and SQL Server 2000, but they are not going to have their environment ready by the time we need to start developing their customizations. Thus, my plan was to do them on the MSCRM VPC image and then export them and import them on the customers environment when it is ready. Jack Bender The exported customiz...

custom pos buttons #4
How do you set up custom POS buttons? Is there a website that would have that information? I need the buttons to be set up to sell different items that we sell multiple times throughout the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Yuma explain a bit more. Do you want this to be a button that shows your most frequently sold item [for example top 30 items sold in last 7 days???] or what is it that you want to do?? Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEo - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Yuma" wrote: > How do you set u...

Excel2000: Custom data validation and named ranges
As I didn't get any answer to my previous question on similar subject, I'll make a new attempt with somewhat simpler examples. Let's me have a custom data validation defined for some range of cells. P.e. I select the range A1:A10 and set custom validation formula as =AND(A1>=0,A1<=100). Now only entries between 0 and 100 (or empty cell) are allowed. When tested, data validation works. Now I define (the range A1:A10 is selected) a named range MyRange =$A$1:$A$10 , and modify the data validation formula (for cell A1) to =AND(MyRange>=0,MyRange<=100) Now any entry is all...

Deployment Manager 04-07-04
When I try to reset the SQL connection in Deployment Manager | Server Manager I get the following error: "Failed to execute the SQL batch in the file sqlbatch.sql" For some reason the link between my CRM server and SQL server seems buggy! The application appears to be running fine, both from the web and outlook, no events being logged. Just issues installing the DMF. ...

CRM 4.0
Do CRM contacts get automatically updated in a blackberry through Outlook? Dear Karen, If you are using synchronization with outlook and blackbary contact, it will. also if you are using crm 3 mobile clint it will updated. www.cwrmobility.com for mobile ms crm solutions -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Karen" wrote: > Do CRM contacts get automatically updated in a blackberry through Outlook? ...

caonnt create user in crm snap-in
Hi, when I want to create a user in crm snap-in I get an error saying that I do not have the right privileges to run the user wizard. It happens just after selecting the user from the domain. I am logged on as domin administrator - that domain administrator who has installed the crm server shortly beforte and under which the services are running. Moreover I am not able to logon to the crm site with my administrator account. I just get an error from crm server. Has anybody an idea? Thanx a lot... P. Verify that all the services have started properly. If you can't get into the web ...

CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook Setup Error
When I get to the installation directory part of the laptop install I get en error that says "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length." The interesting part is when I look at the space required it is blank, and the space available is only showing 2mb. This is obviously wrong but no matter how many times I restart the install it gives me the same error. I have looked everywhere on Microsoft and can't find anything. Please help!! I've encountered the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? "Mattyb2182" wrote: > When I get to the in...

Custom Legal Notice for all outbound email
My customer wants to append a custom legal notice to all email exiting the company but doesn't want this to be a client operation. Is there any way to configure Exchange or the IMS to autimatically append a legal notice (custom footer?) to all outbound mail? Thanks in advance!! Steve ...

Customize Outlook color scheme in contacts
Outlook 2002 Is there a way to customize Outlook's contacts color scheme so that it highlights list in 2 alternate colors? Thanks in advance. Harkens me back to the old greenbar paper... "falcios" wrote: > Outlook 2002 > Is there a way to customize Outlook's contacts color scheme so that it > highlights list in 2 alternate colors? > > Thanks in advance. "falcios" <falcios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE38CA7F-3D55-4E62-BDD8-40631B58AB5E@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2002 > Is there a way to cu...

Appointments won't synchronize in CRM & Outlook
When trying to link CRM contacts to Appointments in Outlook through the Outlook Client you get the following error message. An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM Server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. This item has been saved to Microsoft Outlook but is not being tracked in Microsoft CRM When trying to to save an appoinment in CRM, I get the message "General failure in scheduling engine. Ignore and Save or Cancel." So the appoinments will not synchronize no matter where I start them fr...

Custom entities, relationships, and importing
We have entities in our CRM organization, and I've been developing some new custom entities that are related to them. For example, we already have an Employee entity that users are using, and some have further customized this. I've developed a new custom entity called Employee Reviews, which is a child entity of the Employee entity. When exporting this from my development environment to import into a test and then a production environment, do I need to include the Employee entity? Also, if users have already customized the Employee entity beyond my customization, how can I not only ...

About CRM integration
Hi all, I face with a common problem in CRM integration customization. I need to call the web service from the other site, I have 2 option: 1 - Build and deploy our web service in CRM server, then call outside web service in our web service. This option we cannot use for CRM live as we cannot deploy our web service to CRM server. 2 - Call outside web service directly from CRM form with javascript. To do this, user must add CRM web page to Local Intranet (Internet Option in IE). Due to security issue, javascript cannot call web service from other site unless the site to contain javascr...

Full custom ribbon?
Is it possible to get the full ribbon back as a custom ribbon for users with the Access 2007 runtime? When I say "full", I mean at least the whole Home menu. Is there an easy way to do this, besides manually adding every command to my ribbon XML? Thanks, Joel ...

Query Criteria 05-17-10
On my query I added criteria that says [Forms]![frmMain]![Combo11] so that the query will run based on what is selected from the drop down. However, if the drop down is left blank (no select made). How would I update my criteria to say than display all? If you're doing this through the grid, you'd change the criteria to [Forms]![frmMain]![Combo11] OR ([Forms]![frmMain]![Combo11] IS NULL) The SQL of the query would change from WHERE SomeField = [Forms]![frmMain]![Combo11] to WHERE ((SomeField = [Forms]![frmMain]![Combo11]) OR ([Forms]![frmMain]![Combo11] IS NU...

Import Contacts into CRM 3.0 from Web Form Emails
We have a web site based on Front Page 2003, and we solicit clients to enter their information, name-address-emali requirements in web-form. The Web Form sends an email with structured information such as name: John Jones, where every data field is on a new line. How can I tell CRM 3.0 to import this information directly into the CRM contact manager, and add a new contact to the CRM system? you could create a queue on crm with its own email address. Emails will be sent to the crm queue. Now a developer could write code to monitor the queue and create contacts from the ema...

Adding a sub-group of contacts to Outlook CRM Address Book
Hi all, This is in MS CRM 3.0. Currently the Outlook address book allows to pick recipients from the MS CRM Address Book (Accounts, Contacts, Users...). I would like to be able to create a view of Contacts (like in Advanced Find) and have it also accessible from Outlook so that a user can easily email clients with whom she works frequently. Can this be done? Thanks, Mohamed The only way to accomplish this is to make an integration between the outlook mail groups and Microsoft CRM mailgroups. Sander Daudey. -- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/group/microsoft.public.cr...