CRM Custom Reports 12-10-07

Does anyone have familiarity with using a CRM report generator that will
populate the new custom report as a link inside the CRM report list?  I am
not talking about the MS SNAP excell reporting tool...attractive, but it is
not web enabled like CRM is "out of the box".  If so, point me in the right
direction.  Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you can create your reports in SRS - Visual Studio and upload easily without
any configuration.
--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Wilfred Barry" wrote:

> Does anyone have familiarity with using a CRM report generator that will
> populate the new custom report as a link inside the CRM report list?  I am
> not talking about the MS SNAP excell reporting tool...attractive, but it is
> not web enabled like CRM is "out of the box".  If so, point me in the right
> direction.  Thanks.
Why not check out Radius from 90 Degree Software?
http://www.90degreesoftware.com/microsoft_crm.aspx

Radius looks and works like a Microsoft Office application and creates
reports in the RDL file format, making it perfect for CRM reports.

Craig

"Wilfred Barry" <WilfredBarry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have familiarity with using a CRM report generator that will
> populate the new custom report as a link inside the CRM report list?  I am
> not talking about the MS SNAP excell reporting tool...attractive, but it
> is
> not web enabled like CRM is "out of the box".  If so, point me in the
> right
> direction.  Thanks.

0
Craig

CRM Certification Testing Prep
I have been using CRM 1.X for over 3 years. We like 1.2 a lot. I am finally going ot get certified on 1.2 before 3.0 comes out. I took the certs and ecourses 3 years ago. They do not seem to be avail any more. WHat is the best way to prepare for the 3 Certification tests? I am an active user and have read almost all the UG and IG documents. I admin and customize regualarly. Anyone knoe much about these tests? How hard are they? I am told I cannot bring any supporting materials in? Are there any perfect test prep resources, books, sites etc? How is this certifications goin...

Workflow Custom Entity
We have an opportunity with many opportunity lines (custom entity 1:N) that needs to be sent to a list of suppliers (contacts N:N) via email to get the best price. The supplier responses should be then entered into a response form (custom 1:N) one for each supplier on the list. The ideal process flow would be to run a workflow that both creates and sends the email activities (regarding opportunity line and To the contact record) and then creates the appropriate response record for each contact =96 this will be then completed manually once they receive a response from the supplier. PROBLEM: W...

CRM 3.0 in a non-active directory environment?
Hi We run an environment primarily based on a Linux server, but we have a MS Server 2003 Std Ed to run some of our MS apps. Our client machines are all WinXP laptops though. We would like to use MS CRM 3.0 (which we get in our Action Pack) but it wants to force us to install AD on our MS Server. Is it possible to run MS CRM 3.0 without an AD? Thanks! James James, I'm sure that AD is required with CRM 3.0. Sorry - It's probably not what you want to hear. "James" wrote: > Hi > > We run an environment primarily based on a Linux server, but we have a > MS S...

How do I customize an Electronic Business Card for all contacts?
I see how to customize an individual EBC but how do you apply to all contacts? What's an Electronic Business Card? What does this have to do with Outlook? -- Russ Valentine "Default Electronic Business Card" <Default Electronic Business Card@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5A802D7-F7A3-42B4-BBA8-3027A77D9961@microsoft.com... >I see how to customize an individual EBC but how do you apply to all >contacts? EBCs are designed to be created and shared by the contact, just like each of your contacts may have a custom business card to h...

FRx Reporting tree parent NOT TO show total of child units
I have a rpt with 4 columns: col 1 - YTD (current yr) col 2 - YTD (last yr) col 3 - from excel (current yr data) col 4 - from excel (last yr data) I set up a tree with above 4 units under a parent unit. In my column layout, I select the respective reporting unit from the tree. The report on Parent gives TOTAL of all four trees but each reporting unit does show the correct fugure. How can I have the parent tree to show result/figure of each unit rather than total of all 4 units? You wrote that you set up a tree with the above units but you seem to be referring to columns in a column...

Can Custom button access form variables?
Hi all, I have a custom navbar button on account screen. If the user clicks the button, i want to check if the relationship type =4 or not. I know i can do it via SDK but is it possible to do via Javascript? Just to get the value from the record without going into .net and sdk? In your ISV.config you can add javascript to your button tag and access fields on the form, f.e.: <Button ... JavaScript="if(crmForm.all.<schemaname>.DataValue == ...)" /> Hope this helps, Kevin Dosseray "Atul Gadre" wrote: > Hi all, > I have a custom navbar button on acco...

Importing messages from OE to WLM 08-19-10
I followed the instructions to import messages from an old computer running Outlook Express to WLM on my new computer running OS Windows 7. I used the import button in WLM and it seems to have been successful. A file in Storage Folders called "imported folder" was created. However I clicked on this file and it showed zero files. I went to c:\users\owner\AppData\local\microsoft\ wlm and I found all the files I transferred. My question is how do I read these files using wlm or some other programme. Thanks for your support. What instructions did you follow? Did you include...

custom toolbar problem
I have created a custom toolbar. And attached it to the document. Through customize>attach>attach toolbars And wrote vba code. and assigned buttons to the code. However when I send the document to someone else, they see the custom toolbar. but there are no buttons on it. I am thinking this is something easy. which I just don't see. anyone know this problem? thanks Greg, My customary advice it to create and destroy the commandbar through code using the workbook's open and close events. See below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP In the workbook's Thisworkbook object code m...

Making report in WORD file by using information from Excel
I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I created a Pivot table to get the related data pertaining to a particular country. Now, need to prepare each country's report in WORD file separately (100 WORD files) wherein text contents, format, layout of the WORD report for all the countries remains the same however the data presented in tabular form in the required section need to be extracted from the Excel. I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times from Excel to word. Is there any solution to automate the process? Also, is there any Add ins...

integrate Outlook WEB access and CRM web client
is there any development that would give all CRM options in Outlook web access in order to have a similar feeling as when we are in the outlook client? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Text function
Folks Is it possible to do a custom number format into the text function which will allow me to colour the text similar to conditional formatting. The problem i have is in one of the reports I have the staff have used one cell to try and put 2 entries in with a slash in between. Say this is a target value / agreed value and then at the end of the month I will get an actual value in another cell which I will want to compare against each and give a percentage increase or decrease. I have managed to write a formula to seperate the values and give a percentage back using the text function but now...

Money 2004 Report Headers #2
Hi, WIN XP - All SP2 Upgrades - MONEY 2004 SO HARD TO GIVE A CLEAR EXPLANATION!!! In the Monthly Report, where it lists MAIN Categories and SUB categories: Over and above the Main Categories and Sub Categories, MS Money provides another level of categories and I do not like the way Money sorts them. I can't find anywhere, where I might delete these main categories. Desparate! Thanks very much! Mike ...

customer name on receipt
does anyone know how to make the customer name show on the receipts, work orders ect. Victor, In the receipt properties you can toggle an option to show customer address, this will display Bill To: and Ship To: on all receipts. If you only want the customer name to appear you will have to modify the receipt to include Customer.Name. Contact you reseller they should be able to help you with this. Rob "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:718A4051-93EA-4BF2-BE31-AB9E35FA9C40@microsoft.com... > does anyone know how to make the customer name ...

coucou 10-20-07
"Marie Brevet" <marie.brevet@tele2.fr> wrote Marie, The purpose of the big white space beneath the subject line is to allow you to say what you have to say. Was "coucou" all you really had to communicate? If so, that sounds really "cuckoo" to me. Larry ...

Customizing Views
I had to reinstall programs on my hard drive. I remember Outlook 2003 having a link to 'Customize this view' in the Navigation Pane. Is there a setting somewhere for this, I don't see it there now. I know I can right on the Column to bring this up but it was nice and handy in the Navigation Pane. Thanks, James I found it. I didn't look far enough. James "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:Ok973$J2EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I had to reinstall programs on my hard drive. I remember Outlook 2003 > having a link to 'Custo...

ms crm fr
hello, we are begening with ms crm (the french version). how can we put the word files on line in a new database thank you Erick Hello Erick In CRM one way to add documents is in notes atachments. You can also add documents in the Sales Literature section. Hope this helps John O'Donnell Avanade Inc. "Erick Fornara" <e.fornara@qed.f> wrote in message news:buoosh$8gc$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > hello, > > we are begening with ms crm (the french version). > how can we put the word files on line in a new database > > thank you > Erick > > th...

Can't import customizations
We are moving from a development server to a new production environment and the exported customizations won't import into the new environment. We had loaded some data and the 1st time and we tried to import we got an XML error and couldn't continue. We restored a blank database and now we are getting SQL errors. Any suggestions Can you share the errors that you are seeing? "markcc" wrote: > We are moving from a development server to a new production environment and > the exported customizations won't import into the new environment. We had > loaded some ...

Report referencing FilteredStringMap
I've seen a few posts about others having problems when referencing FilteredStringMap in a report. I'm having the same problem - the report needs to access FilteredStringMap and works fine when you're testing as an Admin user, but when you try it as a plain User, you get an error because you don't have access to the Metabase. Turns out the FilteredStringMap view references the Metabase, and by default the ReportingGroup can't touch the Metabse. This seems like a design problem, since we're told to use the Filtered... views for reports, yet by default the FilteredStri...

CRM Custom Integrations
All, we have an enterprise survey product (all .Net based) that we are looking to integrate with Microsoft CRM 3. At first, I thought it would be cool to add a new activity type called "survey", so you could use the quick campaign to send surveys to a group. But, as you can't add new activity types, I'm trying to figure out plan b. Is it possible to add custom buttons to views? (such as the contact view). I would love to create a button at the top that allows you to send a survey to a group (chosen like the quick campain record set). Any ideas? In a perfect wor...

reports error 12-01-04
when users access the reports they get an error " information is needed before this report can be processed. any suggestion,very urgent thanks Hi Simi Is this a customised report? Sounds like it has been parameterised in Crystal Reports, is it possible it has been customised in this manner? Regards Dan "Simi" wrote: > when users access the reports they get an error " information is needed > before this report can be processed. > > any suggestion,very urgent > thanks > Hello Dan. No the reports are not customised reports they are the reports ...

How do I set up 12-month rolling month cells in excel?
Need to set up 12 cells starting with the current month followed y the next 11 months based on today() as a starting point. Any suggestions? With TODAY() in cell B2, try this formula: =EOMONTH(B2,1) .... then copy and paste into subsequent cells in the continuum. You may require some experimentation to get your desired results. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:42:09 -0800, jbh <jbh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Need to set up 12 cells starting with the current month followed y the next >11 months based on today() as a starting point. Any suggestions? A1: =today() A2: =edate($...

Customize Outlook Today #52
Outlook 2003 When I go to Customize Outlook Today, and want to select or change the Style to Summer or Winter, it does not retain the change. Style does not show graphics in the graphics box there is only a red X Any suggestions would be appreciated and thank you in advance for your assistance HankL ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- are you clicking save changes? if so, re-install outlook "HankL" <hl...

Sales Process 07-18-06
I've read that any opportunity can only be associated with a single sales process at any a time. What exactly does that mean? Can any one explain? thanks and regards, Hassan. I believe that means you cannot have more than 1 active Sales Process running at a time. This is a question I had from the previous version. It is possible that you might have a differnet sales process for the different services or products your company provides. I got around this by creating a 'Sales Process' that was applied as a Manual Rule. Inside the Workflow were subprocesses. Not as ...

Error installing CRM Sales for Outlook
When running the CRM Sales for Outlook it requires a url Example http://server%name I get an error message that states the following "Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook cannot find an instance of the Micrososoft CRM Server components at 'http://192.168.1.254'." Yes it says "...Micrososoft..." besides the point. I also try WINS name and FQDN with no success. What type of permission settings are needed on IIS, or am I way off base.... Thanks in advance for your help there is an option to create a log so you can work out issues like this here is the line Setu...

Displaying custom entity information
I have a custom entity in which I am storing key data about an account. Question: Is there a way to setup a left navigation bar access to the custom entity that immediately goes to the form itself instead of the 1 to many relationship list screen for creating NEW custom entities records? In essence a 1 to 1 relationship that simply displays the tabs and fields that make up the entity. ...