CRM Contact Sync

If another user creates a CRM Contact using Outlook CRM and I can see that
contact in "Active Contacts" using the web client, why won't that contact
download into my outlook CRM when I synchronize?

0
Goodloe
9/1/2004 11:01:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

outlook contact view
Normally while viewing inbox window in the left hand lower area I have a contacts list. Somehow it got deleted from view and I cannot find where to open it again. thanks for the help You must be using Outlook Express, as Outlook does not have this option. In Outlook Express, go to View | Layout and check the Contacts box. For future reference, please note that this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...

Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0
does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0? we have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both. Hi Shawn, There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3 and GP. Other options are to use • some third party tools like Scribe • or use Microsoft BizTalk • or do custom Programming. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Shawn" wrote: > does an...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

hacked contacts
I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an email was sent to all my contacts within windows live mail from my mail account.This email was an http web address,which when copy and pasted sends out the virus within their mail accounts.Thankfully my contacts deleted it.How can i stop this happening. I have since changed my password in case the account is hacked. Help appreciated. On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 02:53:26 -0700, coltmanneil wrote: > I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an > email was sent to all my contacts w...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser
ReportServer ReportServerTempDB Question : How to clear this problem? The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Cause There are two causes for this error: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the specified server. Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Solution One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for Microsoft SQL Server Repor...

CRM Crystal Reports Uniqueidentifier
Dear all, I have been customising the paramaterise reports for MS CRM so that site managers can view their child users reports... but I hit the wall as we speak because I cannot get Crystal Reports to query the database with the other users' uniqueidentifier GUID... If I put in the currently logged in user GUID into the report for querying, it seemed to work... other than that it does not... >From the Opportunity List by Account (Specify Owner...) report from Microsoft, I changed the Selection Formula under the Account from (account.ownerid) = (?UserId) to (account.ownerid) = (?Chi...

CRM 4.0: Do notes carry over in lead conversion?
Hi all, I know that in CRM 3.0, when you convert a lead, you lose the notes associated with it. Is this still the case with CRM 4.0? Is there maybe a way to fix that now--mapping relationships?!? Thanks. Hi, Same is the case in CRM 4. Notes of Lead will stay with Lead after conversion to Account or contact. To move them to Account or contact, you need coding. Llugin or workflow assembly will work for you. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profil...

money 2004 won't sync
After re installing both money pc and desktop I can't get money to sync anymore. lost all files on the pocket pc. please help? Activesync doesn't let me use the money settings it's grayed out all other programs sync fine. -- John Have you tried to repair the money file on the desktop? >-----Original Message----- >After re installing both money pc and desktop I can't get money to sync >anymore. lost all files on the pocket pc. >please help? Activesync doesn't let me use the money settings it's grayed >out all other programs sync fine. > >--...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

CRM server powered down
I have had a power outage in the server room, and the CRM server powered down (not through a standard shutdown). Since rebooting nobody can log in to CRM now. Everybody gets an error message saying "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Can anybody suggest where I begin to fix this? First, check all you sevices such as SQL, CRM Security service, IIS etc are running. It is most likely that the problem lies here after a re-boot. Pete C "Kodak" <Kodak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:928445BB-AC24-44A4-...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

Any Session avariable in MS CRM
Hi, All the web technologies havining Session variables, hope Session is also available in our MS CRM, i want to maintain the Session, for example i have to track the activities of users, how can i track the users, please let me know, Thank you Thangam Yes It is session based, and you can use the webservice to read the user and its activities. for more see CRM SDK. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "mukathangadurai@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > All ...

CRM 1.2 pro or standard
does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msdn universal version pro or standard? Shawn, My understanding of it is that the Action Pack is a Standard license while the MSDN is a Universal. However, the MSDN license is not valid to be used in a production mode, only for testing, developement & demoes. Matt "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3caa1$fa3e5400$a501280a@phx.gbl... does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msd...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro #2
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! which version of outlook and did it ever sync all the addresses? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Curtis&qu...

CRM Contact details
Hi There, Is it possible that we could generate a report (Advance Find) from the CRM list all clients with their perspectives contact details. Looking forward to hearing for you. Regards, Syed. Hi, By default the Parent Customer field is displayed on the Advanced Find view results for Contacts.You will need to edit the view and "Add Columns" from the "Parent Customer" record type to display account related information in the view. Alternately, you can create a report on Contacts using the Report Wizard, that is grouped on Account Name and displays all contacts ...

CRM 4 Workflow
Hi, I have created a fairly long workflow using the workflow GUI, there are lots of nested wait conditions and check conditions. When I get to the bottom of the visible screen and add a new stage it adds it on but I can't see the whole step to edit it, it seems to be when the screen has got to a certain length that scrollbars are required. When I click the twisties to hide stages and then display them again sometimes my new stage appears, sometimes not. It is proving impossible to complete the workflow, has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks Rob Rob, Why dont you divide you...