CRM Contact fields not available in Advanced Search

Why aren't all fields available to use in Contact advanced search?

Some attributes of an entity are shown in the Attributes view in the
customization area, but are not available to search on in the "Advanced Find"
form. Why is this?

Is there a way of making the fields available?

There is one Contact field "relationshiptype" I use a lot for marketing
campaigns. I want to use advanced search to filter "customers" and exclude
competitors, partners, suppliers, editors, etc. from my search. This
attribute is not available in advanced search. I have to export the contact
data to an Excel dynamic spreadsheet file. Then I can't use the CRM system
for executing campaigns and mail merges.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5a146feb-976b-46c4-b41e-7864cd512262&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I was told that this is a known issue and MS is working on a hotfix. (No idea
when this might be available - I was told this back in February.)
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"dwh78759" wrote:

> Why aren't all fields available to use in Contact advanced search?
>
> Some attributes of an entity are shown in the Attributes view in the
> customization area, but are not available to search on in the "Advanced Find"
> form. Why is this?
>
> Is there a way of making the fields available?
>
> There is one Contact field "relationshiptype" I use a lot for marketing
> campaigns. I want to use advanced search to filter "customers" and exclude
> competitors, partners, suppliers, editors, etc. from my search. This
> attribute is not available in advanced search. I have to export the contact
> data to an Excel dynamic spreadsheet file. Then I can't use the CRM system
> for executing campaigns and mail merges.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5a146feb-976b-46c4-b41e-7864cd512262&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Here are some of the fields not available in AF:

accountclassificationcode
accountratingcode
address2_addresstypecode
address2_freighttermscode
address2_shippingmethodcode
businesstypecode
Customersize
customertype
donotbulkemail
donotbulkpostalmail
isprivate
territorycode
shippingmethodcode

A hotfix is schedule somtime in April...

"dwh78759" wrote:

> Why aren't all fields available to use in Contact advanced search?
>
> Some attributes of an entity are shown in the Attributes view in the
> customization area, but are not available to search on in the "Advanced Find"
> form. Why is this?
>
> Is there a way of making the fields available?
>
> There is one Contact field "relationshiptype" I use a lot for marketing
> campaigns. I want to use advanced search to filter "customers" and exclude
> competitors, partners, suppliers, editors, etc. from my search. This
> attribute is not available in advanced search. I have to export the contact
> data to an Excel dynamic spreadsheet file. Then I can't use the CRM system
> for executing campaigns and mail merges.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5a146feb-976b-46c4-b41e-7864cd512262&dg=microsoft.public.crm

advanced filter #6
here is the file: http://www.mytempdir.com/935740 First sorry for my english.... I have this code to insert letter "E" in column N of a sheet GAF only if the dates in column B of sheet GAF are into range DATAIN/DATAFIN use for test DATAIN=01/11/2005 DATAFIN =30/11/2005) Now, i want to use the same code to insert "E" in column N if the range of dates is naturally into range DATAIN/DATAFIN but if the value into column H is the same present into column B of sheet CORPORATE. So, insert in column "N" of sheet GAF the letter "E" in cells N2, N49, N50, N51...

crm consultant needed asap

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Speeing up searches in CRM
When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way to improve the search response time? I'm wondering if there is a config setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL tables, any ideas?!??! Thanks. To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en http://...

Memo Field Not pasting correctly in XL
I tried a search and couldn't find an answer. If there is an answer to this already please point me to it. I'm simply copying the record in Access and trying to paste it into XL. The problem that I'm having is one of the fields does not fully paste into XL. It is a memo field and has 539 characters. I'm only getting 255 when I try to paste the record in XL. I've tried copying just the contents of the cell and that worked fine. It seems as if I'm running into some sort of limitation. Does anyone know anything about this and is there a way to get around it? I checke...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

One table with two date fields returning records in a date range
I have a table that has several columns, two of which are date fields. A start_date and comp_date for start and completion date. I need to run a query that will return all the records between two dates selected by a user. Not hard, piece of cake. The problem I am having is that my query isn't returning all the records that overlap a given date range. For example: I select a date range: June 1 to September 1. My query will return 10 records that start and stop between June 1 and September 1. This is good and correct, but.... ...I have several records that start before June ...

Uninstall CRM 3.0
I need to do a clean uninstall of my Outlook CRM client but am unable to do so. Any advice on doing it manually? I too would like to know how to manually uninstall CRM 3.0 - the uninstall wizard does not appear to remove all prior install settins. Is there a cheat sheet on the Folders, Files and Registry settings that need to be removed? I'm having an Outlook Sync issues that I beleive would be resolved by a new, clean install. Please advise, dph "Jeff Gibson" wrote: > I need to do a clean uninstall of my Outlook CRM client but am unable to do > so. Any advice o...

How can I convert Palm contacts to Outlook 2007?
I'm about to buy an iPhone. iPhone syncs with MS Outlook. But all my contacts are currently on my Palm OS device. And I'm not an Outlook user, so I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of getting things done. What procedures are available to me for converting my Palm contacts into Outlook? I have too many to even consider doing it manually. Gary <gary_w1@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm about to buy an iPhone. iPhone syncs with MS Outlook. But all my > contacts are currently on my Palm OS device. And I'm not an Outlook > user, so I'm not familiar with...

XP vs 7 Contacts
Is there a way to export/import contacts from XP to Win 7? "John Hooton" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message news:O3qeU3VuKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to export/import contacts from XP to Win 7? No because XP and 7 don't HAVE contacts. Re-phrase your question using meaningful terms. Outlook stores them in the PST file, open the PST file in question through Outlook, File, Data file management Add. and then drag the content of the Contacts folder from old file into the new. John Hooton wrote: > Is there a way to export/import ...

how delete all contacts in outlook
I recently setup a new computer and imported a cvs file to Outlook contacts. It created a separated contacts file, now I have 3 contacts folders, one Contacts has only names init, Contacts in Mswings11@hotmail.com has all information in it, a second contacts has all information in it. Outlook 2007, Was there a question you wanted to post? If so state it clearly. -- Russ Valentine "mswings" <mswings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D849E912-A92F-4F70-B9C1-F1488F5AF202@microsoft.com... >I recently setup a new computer and imported a cvs file t...