CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-03-04

I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout COM
interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp).
But I keep getting the same error.

System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long.

I used very short names so I don't understand where this error would
come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past?

Regards,
RBakkers
0
rbakkers
2/3/2004 12:14:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB Are you refering to this? CRM 3.0 90 Days trial http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431561.738912.313120@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com Thanks Kris Reply � ...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

CRM 4.0 VPC Problem
I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd. After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" when I clicked Start. So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN. Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get away from a message above. Thanks and Appreciations -Toi "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com... > I...

On-Premise - Outlook CRM Client 4
We're having a multitude of issues with our CRM for Outlook Client. These issues have just started accross multiple users since CRM was installed last month. 1)Many machines running Outlook 2003 / 2007; current patches with the Microsoft CRM4 (RU5)Outlook client installed. When creating or replying to a HTML, or RTF, e-mail sometimes even though the cursor is in the body text area, the formating toolbar will be greyed out (as if it is a plain text e-mail) unless the user right clicks in the toolbar area of the message which apart from bringing up the toolbar customization menu ...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

Calculate Checks Error
I have a client that has a problem when calculating payroll checks. They built the batch and everything was fine. They checked the sheet for errors-which there were none. Then they went to Calculate payroll and the screen came up with No warnings and No errors. But when they hit the OK button they received the message "The checks cannot be calculated, errors were found when building the check." The user then logged in as user sa and was able to calculate checks without the error. Any suggestions on why the user receives the error? Thanks, Jocelyn "Jocelyn&q...