CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-03-04

I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout COM
interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp).
But I keep getting the same error.

System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long.

I used very short names so I don't understand where this error would
come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past?

Regards,
RBakkers
0
rbakkers
2/3/2004 12:14:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

Microsoft Office 2010 Beta Install ERROR 1311
-- Kornweld1 Microsoft Office 2010 forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Korny" <Korny@Discussions.Microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8694619E-8D49-4B99-9ABC-C7D67024FD33@microsoft.com... > > -- > Kornweld1 ...

SOAP error
I am getting this error when I am making SOAP call to a webservice. I am using perl - SOAPLite HTTP/1.1 500 (Internal Server Error) Internal Server Error. Cache-Control: private Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:49:36 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Length: 476 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Client-Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:48:27 GMT Client-Peer: x.x.x.x Client-Response-Num: 1 X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi= "...

Connection Problem 03-20-08
Hello I'm new to access programming so I'm probably making some obvious mistake. The following code comes from 'Beginning Access 2003 VBA' by Denise Cosnell. On page 130 of the book you can read: 1. Create a new database by selecting File ?New ?Blank Database and specifying Ch5CodeExamples as the filename. 2. Create a new table in the database by selecting Tables from the Database Window and clicking the Design button. Alternatively, you can select the New button and then choose Design View from the list. The table should be named tblContacts and should have the fields i...

System Error
When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the error message "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I am running windows XP SP2. Please advise how I can fix this error. JGee You might wish to post in the XP forum. The GP forum is for Great Plains people. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "JGee" wrote: > When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the erro...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

TrueCrypt 6.3a
Hi I'm having difficulties compiling TrueCrypt 6.3a, possibly because I'm not quite sure as to how to set up all extra libraries/tools. 1. The PC's specs I was using to compile were: - Pentium 4 w/2gb RAM - WinXP Pro w/s.p.2 - MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro - RSA Security Inc. PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface 2.20 - NASM 2.07 (Win32) installed 2. The things I wasn't sure about were: - For MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro: + was s.p.1 really necessary, or could I've done without? It's just that, as I recall, when I tried to run an upd...

Exchange web site appear Error in the IIS
Hi i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll up patched is installed on it when i checked the IIS that mornning i had found out that the exchange website folder appear in read Icon with error word so did any body know why its like so and how can i solve it Any support is appreciated Thanks Maged N. Roshdy On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:51:08 -0800, Maged N. Roshdy <MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll >up patched is installed on it > >when...

Reassigned CRM Contacts and Outlook
When a CRM contact is reassigned to another user, is there any means of getting it to import into the Outlook Contact list? So far no luck here... The reason that it is an issue is for inclusion on the users Blackberry contact lists. There is no way to export a contact into Outlook's contact folders. The method of making this available to mobile workers that Microsoft has provided is to use Microsoft CRM Mobile for Pocket PC 2003, but this won't do your BlackBerry user any good. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > When a CRM ...

Error Message #63
When moving an outlook email object to a networked drive I have a user that receives a "not enough memory to process this command". The machine is running windows xp sp1 with 512K along with Microsoft Office 2003. The machine has to be rebooted after this error message in order to move the email to the networked drive. Thanks, in advance for your help Gary ...

Error when saving
I am trying to save a new file that I created out of a macro. When I g to save the file I get a error message that pops up saying, "Documen Not Saved." Any ideas what could be happening? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

restore CRM
we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate the crm with all our previous records? if i reinstall CRM does this mean that any records i previously had (accounts, contacts, etc) will be lost? maria "Maria" wrote: > we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the > databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate > the crm with all our previous records? Just restore the sql databases if you still have the same doma...

Desktop Icons 04-23-10
Is there a way to set the background color at the icon name to "clear", or no color at all? I have one computer that does it but I don't know how it got that way. ...

Closing Opportunity
I've encountered the following error when i've closed this particular opportunity: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...

Linking directly to CRM
Is there any way to create hyperlinks that will pop up windows pointing to specific instances of CRM entities. Either in Read only or editable form? Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but... If you open up a contact detail screen in your CRM, and hit F11 on your keyboard, it will reveal the url of that specific screen - it should look similar to this: http://yourservername/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={6505B000-A555-462A-A45A-C907246F55AF} And any user, which appropriate permissions and roles, can use that url to view that specific contact detail record. CRM Security will be respected...

Error message #62
I am getting the message "The Item Could not be saved in this folder, the folder may have been deleted or removed, or you don't have the appropriate permissions" when i try to create / edit a task or create a new item in my calander. oulook 97 version being used, profile setup via excahnge server. Help!!! ...

How to fix script error in internet explorer
An error has ocurred in the script on this page Line 298 Char1 Error class not registered Code 0 URL Outlook Today Do you want to continue scripts on this page Yes or No edie said the following on 3/13/2005 1:13 AM: > URL Outlook Today Did you modify the Outlook Today page? -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. T...

IMS error 2140
Internet mail service will not start. Error 2140 in this case says "The Microsoft Exhange Service Account in not an Administrator or a part of the Administrator group." Am I supposed to have this account visible in my user manager? If so how do I create one? I tried reinstalling exchange to no avail. SBS 4.5, NT4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp2. Thanks Steve Low S.Low wrote: > Internet mail service will not start. Error 2140 in this > case says "The Microsoft Exhange Service Account in not an > Administrator or a part of the Administrator group." Am I > sup...

Money 2005 error message
I use Money 2005 and recently when I click on "Connect to Bank" and the updating process starts, I receive the following message - "You cannot perform this operation right now. There is an online operation in progress - try again later." I can then click on "OK" at the bottom of this message and the updating will continue and doesn't appear to be affected by this action. I do not have anything else going on - I have even closed Windows Messager and that makes no difference. I would like to stop this from happening - any suggestions will be apprecia...