CRM Bulk Delete of Activities

We are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation.
Our marketing group has used smart lists and quick campaign which results in
30,000 open activies (emails).  We can respond/delete/acknowledge  them 250
at a time via the activities view.  Clearly waiting for screen refreshes 120
times would waste a lot of time.  Is there a way to "respond" to activies at
a campaign level or in bulk?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C83679.362A3E60

You can use Scribe to do an update...... =20

--=20
LeVar Berry
CEO
eDriven Enterprises Inc
www.edrivensolutions.com
513.322.4889x101
---Ask me how video can improve your business--

  "IT@Unzco" <IT@Unzco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  We are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation.
  Our marketing group has used smart lists and quick campaign which =
results in=20
  30,000 open activies (emails).  We can respond/delete/acknowledge  =
them 250=20
  at a time via the activities view.  Clearly waiting for screen =
refreshes 120=20
  times would waste a lot of time.  Is there a way to "respond" to =
activies at=20
  a campaign level or in bulk?
------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C83679.362A3E60

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>You can use Scribe to do an update......&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>LeVar Berry<BR>CEO<BR>eDriven Enterprises Inc</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://www.edrivensolutions.com">www.edrivensolutions.com</A><BR>=
513.322.4889x101<BR>---Ask=20
me how video can improve your business--<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"<A href=3D"mailto:IT@Unzco">IT@Unzco</A>" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:IT@Unzco@discussions.microsoft.com">IT@Unzco@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1C9D9CD7-2FDE-466D-B8DC-5F216E19AF51@microsoft.com">news:1C9=
D9CD7-2FDE-466D-B8DC-5F216E19AF51@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>We=20
  are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation.<BR>Our =
marketing=20
  group has used smart lists and quick campaign which results in =
<BR>30,000 open=20
  activies (emails).&nbsp; We can respond/delete/acknowledge&nbsp; them =
250=20
  <BR>at a time via the activities view.&nbsp; Clearly waiting for =
screen=20
  refreshes 120 <BR>times would waste a lot of time.&nbsp; Is there a =
way to=20
  "respond" to activies at <BR>a campaign level or in=20
bulk?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C83679.362A3E60--

0
LeVar
12/4/2007 6:26:00 PM
There are 4 ways to process incoming Campaign Responses.

1. Manually by creating a campaign response activity
2. Individually by promoting an exising activity (phone call etc.) into a
campaign response and/or oppty etc.
3. Importing responses from a vendor by using tools/import
4. Automatically generate responses as a result of an e-mail campaign via
mail merge in which customers respond in e-mail messages. The messages are
automatically converted to campaign responses.

I'm a little confused though, are these 30000 e-mails responses or
activities that appear in the "Activities" area (as opposed to the History
area) as un-completed e-mails?

Michael

>   "IT@Unzco" <IT@Unzco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9D9CD7-2FDE-466D-B8DC-5F216E19AF51@microsoft.com...
>   We are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation.
>   Our marketing group has used smart lists and quick campaign which results in
>   30,000 open activies (emails).  We can respond/delete/acknowledge  them 250
>   at a time via the activities view.  Clearly waiting for screen refreshes 120
>   times would waste a lot of time.  Is there a way to "respond" to activies at
>   a campaign level or in bulk?
I had this problem many months ago.

If the email activities are open, they haven't been sent.

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911520/ as this relates to a fix.

If you have this fix, or Update 1 or 2 applied, then its potentially a
different problem.

You could also refer to this -
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/marketing/quickcampaigns.mspx

Good luck

    Leigh

"IT@Unzco" wrote:

> We are new to CRM, and in the "testing" phase of implementation.
> Our marketing group has used smart lists and quick campaign which results in
> 30,000 open activies (emails).  We can respond/delete/acknowledge  them 250
> at a time via the activities view.  Clearly waiting for screen refreshes 120
> times would waste a lot of time.  Is there a way to "respond" to activies at
> a campaign level or in bulk?

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...

4.0 Workflow
I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record gets deleted. I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who deleted it. The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it". The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the email. Is there a way I can accomplish what I want? Workflow plugins are asynchronous so by the time you get to the databas...

Can you manually delete data from the Account and Contact tables?
I am doing some testing and am presently deleting data from the Accountbase and Contactbase tables in the MSCRM database. I know that the supported method is to backup and restore the databases but ... Anyone have experience with this? I am only loading data from the CDF database to these 2 tables. In order for me to delete the data I have to temporarily disable "Enforce Integrity" in the 4 relationship between Accountbase and Contactbase. It works ... but will I have problems in the future after I have finally loaded all my good data? Danny Danny, There could be problems introd...

Duplicated CRM Users
I have several instances of CRM users being in both enabled and disabled user list. This is stopping me being able to move the DB's to a new system as the redirection tool fails. Is there any method by which the disabled user record could be removed from the CRM database? User with same domian logon name can not be in both active and disabled list. You can create two users with same domainlogon name .Are you user they are not different? You can not remove them in any supported way .Disabled users will remain in CRM system and they would not consume any license .Doing anything at the...

Existing Service Activity
Hi All I would like the ability to add a customer to an exisiting scheduled service activity. I know this can be done from the service activity area (Open up activity and add customers), however i was wondering if there is a way i can do this in reverse. That is open a contact, and then show the scheduled service activities and then add the contact in as a customer ? I have only been able to add a new service activity from the contact area, something i do not want to do. Any help much appreciated Thanks Luke ...

Print only certain scheduled activities
I use my Outlook calendar for everything, including some things that are simply alarms to remind me to do something on a daily basis, like fill out my time card before I go home, or check a website for updates. However, when I print out my schedule to put in my planner, I obviously do not need this daily reminder to print also. Is there a way to only have some tasks print and others not? Or is there a better method for me to simply set up an alarm for some of these daily reminder tasks? Thanks a ton - Laurie Set your reminders as tasks and for daily tasks set it up to reoccur with remin...

Administrative users don't inherit Active Directory permissions?
Trying to set Active Directory permissions I noticed that the permissions on administrative users don't inherit from their container. Is this by design? Hello Neil, Thanks for your post. Before we go further I would like to confirm what "Administrative users" you refer to? Are you trying to modify certain user/group object permission from ADUC console or ADSIEdit console? Please let us know the detailed situation and symptoms. There are several ways to apply permissions. Microsoft provides two tools: ADSI Edit (AdsiEdit.msc) and DSACLS (Dsacls.exe). Both tools ...

Problem with deleting COM object
I have made an ATL COM which uses classes from an MFC extension DLL. Everything works great until I try to delete a pointer (to an object defined in the extension DLL) to an object from within the destructor of the COM object. When exiting the destructor of the object I get the following error: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 7f0000, 7c7088 ) All involved EXE and DLL's are built using Debug MultiThreaded DLL Anyone have a solution to this? -- Helge "Helge Opg�rd" <helgeo@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have made an ATL COM which uses classes from an MFC...

Help! Need to add/delete email users
We are a nonprofit in a sticky situation - our old consultants are terrible and we are replacing them next week, but in the meantime I have a new assistant starting on Monday and need to get rid of the old assistant's email/login and set her up. I am the most skilled at computers in our office unfortunately, and am in the network room (luckily it is logged on) but have no idea where to find a place to change it or how to change it. I am guessing its not too difficult if I'm pointed in the right direction. We can't have the original consultants come in to do this so any...

Prevent users from deleting Junk E-mail folder
Is there any way to prevent our users from deleting their private "Junk E-mail" folders? - Thanks, Ted ...

Microsoft CRM v3
Could anyone help. We have the standard methods to customize the standard attributes in an entity. However, we do not seem to be able to change a party list such as the look up for a service activity. Can we do this or is it another one fore the developers. Thanks. Check out some of the SDK examples - cant rememeber specially - perhaps convert fax to task may be what you are looking for - uses the partylist syntax Pete "Doug Jenkins" <DougJenkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9978EA36-E249-4E55-A8F0-F6CF393A0F67@microsoft.com... > Could anyo...

Deleted Items Retention on Mailbox Store
We have Exchange Server 2003 and have set the Limits under Deletion Settings to keep deleted items for 30 days, but the items are not being deleted. I found under our Server Properties in System Manager, the Mailbox Management Process, but it was set to Never run. Will running this process delete the items older than 30 days, or is it necessary to do something else to have these items be automatically deleted? Thanks, Deleted Items Retention simply means that once you have emptied your Deleted Items Folder, those items are not purged from the database for 30 days. DIR does _not_ manage ...

excel 2007-delete a list
I have created a list and i would like to delete it. Can someone tell me how to delete the list regards fred Evans -- -- Would'nt it be nice if:- Computers,printers,modems,consoles etc had a built-in compartment or tray in which to keep all the books and software for that piece of equipment ??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Fred Evans" <fred@polyflexseals.co.za> wrote in message news:8f-dnXaJObiuSvHVnZ2dnUVZ8vqdnZ2d@saix.net... >I have created a list and i would like to delete it. > > Can someone tell me h...

CRM 4 Case Printout & Case Handling
We are planning to use CRM 4 as our workshop repair tracking system - replacing our existing system. We would like to duplicate this functionality from our existing system but not sure how to implement it :- * Our existing system allows us to print a completed sheet detailing all our engineers actions for the customer to take away with them - does this have to be done through a report - and if so how do I customise the existing one to show customer address details and extra information. * Our existing system would keep a record of computer make and model. How would be best to impl...

Deleting Multiple Transactions in Money 2007
I have Money set up with my categories all laid out. And I like to keep the transactions for one year separate from the rest. So at the end of each year, I make a duplicate copy of my Money database, then delete all the transactions, reset the starting balances as appropriate, and start over. But it's tedious as hell deleting all the transactions one at a time. Hard on my computer keyboard too. Has anybody discovered a way to select and delete lots of transactions simultaneously? Thanks. ddc In microsoft.public.money, DeeDeeCee wrote: >I have Money set up with my categories al...

Unhandled Error in CRM V3
Hi, I receive the error "Server Error in'/' Application" when I open CRM in the IE. The left navigation area is visible. The error message appears in the frame in with e.g. the activities are shown. How can I solve this problem? How can I get the source for this problem? Do I have to repair the CRM server? Christian The fact that the left nav area shows up and the error is on the right side indicates the web site isn't talking to the database correctly. What does the rest of the error message say, and what does the screen show if you have dev errors turned off?...

compare data in sheets and delete the duplicates
Hi, Before i stary begging for help thanks for looking at my post an input / suggestions will be welcome. On to the problem. I have one workbook with 2 sheets. The first shee contains multiple columns each hold either numbers or letters neve both. The second sheet has only one column it contains numbers. What need to do is take the information on sheet two and compare it it t the column on sheet one for duplicate entrys. When duplicate are foun on sheet one's column i need it to delete the row that the dupe wa found on. So far i have tried the information posted concerning filters howe...

Pop-up alerts for MS CRM
I just have a question / comment. What is the point of having a CRM system that handles scheduled tasks / phone calls / etc if the CRM doesn't support pop-up alert capabilities? I thought one of the major selling points of CRM solutions is that it would help remind us of important events / tasks that we have scheduled beforehand. This is the whole point of CRM software is it not? All we should do is schedule a phone call / task by time / date, and go about our busy little lives, and the software is supposed to help remind us to make that important phone call or fax. I notice M...

CRM 3.0 server not available
Hi, I have got a question about CRM 3.0. We had installed CRM 3.0, but when I open Outlook (2003) he give following message: - The server is not available and try to restart Outlook again. I tried it, but the same error appears. What can I do to resolve the problem ? It seems that CRM does not connect with outlook. I reconnected the services, restarting the server...nothing. Who can help me? greetzz Rene reneotter@hotmail.com Rene; When you installed the CRM for Outlook, it asked you for the URL of your CRM server. On that same computer, can you open Internet Explorer and enter t...

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

export CRM contacts\mail address's to outlook
Is there a way that anyone knows how to AUTO export and import the contacts from MSCRM, into outlook contacts. either by using windows scheduler or some other means. I have a client that will be using CRM with ExactTarget so having the ability to send mailshots on behalf of others (like outlook). BUT not all of their users have access to CRM, they want to have some scheduler to auto export the crm mail contacts out of CRM and into a public folder contacts list. Anyone got some great ideas? cheers J -- Thanks again for all the help Hi, We are using scrib from scribesoft, who can sche...

How do I delete the test documents in my recent documents?
I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? Go into Options and set your MRU list to zero. Close Excel and restart. Reset the list to whatever you like. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:17:01 -0800, mrjack <mrjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent >documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? ...

Risk estimation for CRM load-balancing needed
Hi all, I have a very critical customer, who is aware of the fact that CRM 1.2 is over its limit in is environment. Shortly described as: - 320 users - a lot of changes with security roles - CRM Server and SQL Server on one machine. In the short term, the customer has been convinced that he has two split up CRM and SQL Server on two separate boxes. In the long term he thinks about the possibility in having CRM / IIS splitted up by Windows / Network Loadbalancing. It's not supported and the customer knows it as well. But has anyone done this so far and can provide me a technical ri...

dynamically recreated file that can be deleted (.ncb)
do you know which files you can delete from your project when problems occurs (Visual C++ exit abruptly)? I know the .ncb can be deleted, is there is other file that are dynamically recreated on opeing projects? tons of thanks Mathieu Mathieu, See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ dnvsgen/html/msdn_worksp.asp File extensions under "Local Files to Keep Out of a Source Code Control System" -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Mathieu Fregeau" <mathieu.fregeau@polymtl.ca> wrote in message news:oWL1b.4316$PJ2.412123@news20.bellglobal.com... > do you know wh...

Post url in workflow
Is it possible to pass data from CRM to another form within CRM using a post url action in workflow? If so, please could someone give me the steps for doing this. I am trying to automate the creation of a billing address (by creating an address on the More Addresses) by copying the information that has already been entered into the primary address. Thus I already know both the source and destination fields, but I cannot see how to map the fields together. Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au Gill, You really wouldn't pass it to another form. Best bet would be to write a SDK cal...