CRM and Exchange Problems

Dear All,
i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:-
i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003,
and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA,
however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the
Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of
incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any
guide to follow to solve this?

Thanks in advance
GQ

0
gq
2/10/2004 3:46:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook 2002 problem with Eudora
We have a computer that is running Office XP and using Outlook 2002 for their email. Another computer in our office is a MAC that is using Eudora 6.0.1. If the MAC user sends any attachment in their email to the computer running Outlook 2002, the attachments do not come through. If the MAC user sends the same email to a computer in the same office running Outlook 2000, the attachments come through and they are able to open it. The file type is not one that is blocked by XP, we have sent PDF, EXCEL and Word files and none are received. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Exchange Freezes on SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C50BDC.0B5F9010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SBS2003 that has been operational for 6 months. Something is wrong and the whole mail system freezes up. Rebooting the Server seems to solve the problem for a day or two... This is one of the Event Viewer messages: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store = (xxxxx)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fa...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

Problems with MS-DateTime-Picker 6.0
My userform has a Multipage control on top. My Microsoft Date-Time-Picker 6.0 Control is sitting on "Page 1" of the Multi-page control. If I change to "Page 2" and try to access the ".Value" of the DTPicker control, it will return an error value. (It is returning the year 1899). What is wrong here? Does the DTPicker need to be on the visible page to be used?? Are there any other things I should know about this DTPicker control? Robert, You could assign the DTPicker's value to a public date variable in its change event. HTH, Be...

Combo Box problem 05-07-07
I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a value the form reverts to the first record it doesn't stay with the current record. I have a NotinList procedure that opens another form to enable the user to add to the list of values in the combo control and when I close this second form the new value is recorded but again the form goes to the first record and doesn't stay with the current one. Anyone any ideas where I can start looking for the reason why this happens? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: > I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a val...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

Report Load Error via CRM
I am loading a very basic report that had a complex query but works fine when running it in VS2005. When I attempt to load the report via the CRM 4.0 GUI, I get the following error message: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." This report does not have any parameters at all, and the most intense thing are embedded select statements which I have done on other reports. I have instal...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Enabling FBA problem
Hello, I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works fine. When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on HTTP virtual server, I receive this error "You must use the IIS Admin to manage this virtual server's settings", but when I start IIS admin console I don't see that option. Can anyone help me with this General wrote: > Hello, > > I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works > fine. > When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on > HTTP...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

Outlook CRM Client!
Hi, I tried installing Oulook CRM Desk Client on one of my laptop which is not an member of domain. It fails to connect to CRM website[i tried using ip as well as computername but in both way it fails to connect to CRM Server] and errors out whenever i start outlook. I am using Windows XP [SP2] + Outlook 2003 Professional [SP2], any suggestions? Regards, Sunil Installing CRM Outlook Client on a machine which is not a member of domain is not supported. ..........But someone has posted a workaround. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be supported by MS. Search for "Outl...

Microsoft CRM Exchange
From previous listings I came across the fact that the email router or Microsoft CRM Exchange Connector sends and receives emails to and from CRM. Also that we can receive an email in outlook then click the Promote E-mail to CRM Activity button to move it into crm. Where is this button located. Should I be working on the server where CRM is installed to get this working? You will only have the Promote button if you have installed Sales For Outlook (or a third part add-in) This will be on the client pc, not (definitely not!) the server "Gautam" <gautam@fivepoints.net>...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

Display of CRM data in SharePoint
Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? Thanks, -Rick M. Microsoft would require you to have a license per user I think ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick M" <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E731A1-D059-4D49-B879-6025A1817FD8@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on > SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? > > Thanks, > -Rick...

FRx Export problem
Hi all, Hope someone can help. One of our users is trying to do an export from FRx to excel but is faced with the following error: Error 200 Application-defined or Object-defined error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Many thanks Grant ...

Outloook asks for old exchange server
A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Now I have a couple of users that are getting the cancel request box. I created another profile in outlook but it still does the same thing. Do or should I remove all profiles and start a new one from scratch? Any ideas are much appreciated. Delete the old profile and start anew. If this problem recurs, post your question to an Exchange group as I seem to recall there is something in Exchange that you can configure. "Aaron" wrote: > A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to...