CRM Accounts (Parent - Child)

In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one
time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is,
how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the
parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then
Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office
and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and
Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see
only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft
and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office
and when enter in Windows then able to see Server and
Client. In normal configration we can view all in one
line Microsoft, Windows, Office Servers, Client, MSWorld.
Is it possible or not? if yes then please give me hints,

I already vist www.c360.com and checked the products it
is not so cheap to buy but i want to creat this tool is
any other want to join me or have a guid line to help me?

Marina
Clik Soft
0
Marina
1/5/2005 3:06:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can create a new view for Accounts and set the filter criteria to
'Parent Account' 'Does Not Contain Data'.

"Marina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one
> time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is,
> how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the
> parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then
> Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office
> and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and
> Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see
> only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft
> and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office
> and when enter in Windows then able to see Server and
> Client. In normal configration we can view all in one
> line Microsoft, Windows, Office Servers, Client, MSWorld.
> Is it possible or not? if yes then please give me hints,
>
> I already vist www.c360.com and checked the products it
> is not so cheap to buy but i want to creat this tool is
> any other want to join me or have a guid line to help me?
>
> Marina
> Clik Soft

0
TonyL
1/5/2005 3:15:53 PM
Why not? because in many other software Child accounts
viewable under the parent account i do not understand why
not in CRM? it look not good that child and parents are
in same line and no one can define child and parent.

Marina

0
Marina
1/5/2005 3:20:58 PM
How it is possible to creat new view for Accounts and how
we can set the filter criteria?

jan erik

0
Jan
1/5/2005 3:23:12 PM
1. Navigate to your CRM site.

2. Click 'Settings' on the left menu.

3. Click 'System Customization'.

4. Click 'Accounts'.

5. Click 'Create a New View'.

6. Provide a name, Click OK.

7. Click 'Edit Filter Criteria' on the right menu.

8. Select 'Parent Account' and 'Does Not Contain Data', Click OK.

9. Add any needed columns.

10. Save And Close.

"Jan Erik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How it is possible to creat new view for Accounts and how
> we can set the filter criteria?
>
> jan erik

0
TonyL

pop 3 account information changing
My incoming pop3 address appends to my account name and my pop3 address changes to localhost everytime I log on. That's usually caused by older versions of anti-virus software. What are you running? "jeff wolf" <jwolf@enlinkgeoenergy.com> wrote in message news:080801c3518a$059826a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My incoming pop3 address appends to my account name and > my pop3 address changes to localhost everytime I log on. ...

Dynamics CRM / MS-CRM Addon Catalog
Hello Everyone, there is a new online Microsoft Dynamics community addon catalog available for everyone to access: http://www.microsoftdynamicsaddons.com/ It is searchable, and it has the ability to rank and leave comments on specific addons. Everyone is encouraged to look at the site and give their input so others can have more information about the solutions. Also ISV's are encouraged to list their addons on the site (it's free!) **This post was made per the recomendation of the Microsoft Community team: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community/relatedcommunitieslandi...

MS CRM as source for BI platform
Hi *, I=B4m new to MS CRM so I really hope you can help me on the following issue: My company is introducing MS CRM and, at the same time, wants to establish some analytical data queries. Now, I was wondering if someone tried to extract data from the MS CRM database and extracted it into an analytical data base (dwh). I want to use Pentaho Kettle for this task. I=B4m afraid that MS CRM=B4s underlying data model is not very transparent. Any experiences on this? Thank you very much! Steve On Jun 5, 12:05=A0am, ssauerw <s.sauerw...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi *, > > I=B4m new to MS...

Javascript Export/Import of Custom XMl file on CRM Form On not All
1. We have a requirement to export data using javascript on the CRM Form fields to the local client machine, for that i have created an XML file with form fields data and used ActiveX Object for XMLDOM but it was not allowed by Internet Explorer by default settings ( In order the solution to work users need to change Internet Explorer Security Settings to allow unsigned ActiveX controls to download/execute, we feel that this not a acceptable solution). This is specific to Internet Explorer Security settings. Following is one more issue with MS CRM Forms 2.We tried importing a XML/any f...

Upgrading to Microsoft CRM 3.0
We are Microsoft Business Solutions partners for MS CRM and we are using MS CRM 1.2 internally. We have received a few days ago a product key for Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition. I have followed the instructions for upgrading MS CRM 1.2 to 3.0, for our internal implementation, but when I enter the 25-key code, i get the error message "The specified license is invalid" I also loged into VOICE to check if there was a different product key there but the only keys appearing for our company in VOICE is for version 1.2. Please note that we have used the CD's provided via our M...

How to handle Contact customers vs. Account customers ?
Hello people, I wonder how consumers should be handled in Microsoft CRM. By "consumers" I mean customers that are individuals, "Contacts" in MS CRM. At first, it seems that this should be handled the same way standard Accounts should be handled: quotes, orders and invoices are available just like they are with Accounts. Then, however, I see contacts have no account number. I can, of course, easily create one on the Contact entity, but I am not sure this is a good idea. So, all experienced users out there: how should I do this ? Do you have any suggestions for a B2...

Error "Another program is trying to access Outlook" when using CRM
Hello! When using Microsoft CRM 1.2 integrated with Outlook 2002, many of my users are continuously receiving a message stating "Another program is trying to access Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" They are then prompted to allow access to Outlook for up to 10 minutes. If they say yes, 10 minutes later they receive the message again. I believe this may be a Security issue with Outlook but I do not know how to allow the CRM to access Outlook so that we are not seeing this message over and over. Can someone help? Thank you! ...

Tracking Outlook Appointment in CRM
User selected the Appointment, Track in CRM, selected the Contact to relate and Save and Close, then would get the following error: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft RM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. This item has been saved to Microsoft Outlook but is not being tracked in Microsoft CRM. After many times back and forth with support, the problem turned out to be that the Role the User was assigned to had been a NEW Role that we created and somehow it became corrupt. We determined that s...

Account Customization
We are looking to Customise the Account so that there are additional button on the Nav bar. Are there any examples of use of the template.css for This sort of customization ? The example in the SDK, is for the top level Nav bar, I want the tabs accros the top etc... Many Thanks Keith I am a bit confused... Using ISV.Config you can easily add "Left Nav Items" to the "Left Navigation Bar" of an Account. You can also add new menus to the "Menu Bar" as well as "buttons" to the "Tool Bar" (Just below the top menu bar). If you want to...

Instalation problem in CRM
Hi, I'm trying to install The CRM Connector for GP but I get this error: "Specified Microsoft CRM Access User is not a part of the Microsoft CRM Privilege User Group". I already have created the four suggested groups of the guide (CRMAccessUser, GPAccessUser, IntUserGroup, IntUser). Is this a new group that must be created or what steps am I missing? CRM is version 3 and GP is version 9 Thanks! Irene ...

MS CRM
Hi, Can anybody know how to find if an opportunity has been shared to the team in the SQL database? Or if you have any way to find it using C# code? Thanks a lot for your help. Use this query on the mscrm database: select u.fullname, t.name from dbo.PrincipalObjectAccess p left join systemuser u on p.principalid=u.systemuserid left join team t on p.principalid=t.teamid Where p.objectid='<ObjectID>' group by u.fullname, t.name, p.objectid Replace <ObjectID> by the id of the object your looking for. The will return the names of all users and teams which have bee...

CRM appointments not appearing in Outlook calendar
I have just started to use Microsoft CRM. Appointments made in Outlook are shown in the CRM system, however if I enter an appointment in the CRM system it is not shown in Outlook. CRM version is 1.2 and Outlook 2003, exchange 2003. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I think you meaned that you have entered a appointment in the WebClient and do not see it in Outlook !? Have synchronized your Outlook SFO? christian ___________________________________ support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Docume...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook --admin only?
Can the CRM 3.0 Laptop client for outlook be used successfully on a limited local user account (not admin, not power user)? We had to shoehorn it just to install it. Is administrator access _required_ for successful, consistent use? -Eric Has no one tried to use the CRM client in a non admin-user environment? Again, we are trying to deploy the laptop client to restricted users, and would like to know if is designed to work in a low privilege environment. -Eric "hnl-eric" wrote: > Can the CRM 3.0 Laptop client for outlook be used successfully on a limited > local use...

Outlook 2000 User Accounts
Hi there, Could anyone please help me? I am trying to install multiple users on Outlook 2000 without having to log Windows users on and off. I would like a drop down list of users that can use Outlook. Is there a way of doing this without multiple user accounts in Windows? Please let me know. Regards, Michael. Tucks <longhop@yahoo.com> wrote: > Could anyone please help me? I am trying to install multiple users on > Outlook 2000 without having to log Windows users on and off. I would > like a drop down list of users that can use Outlook. Is there a way of > doing this w...

Unable to delete account
I closed my old loan account after refinancing, haven't created a new loan account yet, but my old mortgage payment is still showing up under the "Special","Debt" section on the budget main page, overstating my expense total. It is not listed on the Expenses page of the budget, and there doesn't seem to be any way to delete it from within the budget pages. I then tried to delete the closed loan account, but got an error, with a hyperlink taking me to a MS support web page that said to run the repair utility. I did, ran the standard version, checked the log...

Data visibility in shared accounts
Hi, all: Our business scenario is the following: - There are some accounts that must be visible for several business units. - These business units are all in the same hierarchy level, so there is not a business unit's hierarchy that can solve the visibility problem. - We're planning to have one main owner, who will share some accounts with a user belonging to another business unit. - The quotes and sales orders related to a shared account mustn't be shared. This means that, for a given quote belonging to a user A in the business unit A, a user B belongin...

Ability to Change GL Account in Apply Sales Documents
I'd like the ability to change GL Accounts when applying sales documents. In particularly for the Writeoff GL. Currently our system takes the GL that is setup in the customer card for writeoffs, and we are unable to change this GL when applying. Thanks, Eleni ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Interfacing tool Mule with MS CRM
Hi, Does anyone have experience with the tool Mule for interfacing with MS CRM 3.0? (http://mule.mulesource.org/wiki/display/MULE/Home) If so, is it possible to give some advice/remarks? Thanks for your comments, Kevin Dosseray This if the first I have heard of this tool and I have been monitoring this group since 2003. At this point I am not aware of any integrations between CRM and Mule ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Dossies" <Dossies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58DE3CA-8D36-4EB5-...

Help with opening e mail account
Please Help! I am unable to open an e mail account on my new, unused microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail - Windows Mail. I have gone through the open new account many times and I just don't know what little thing or big thing I'm getting wrong. Please Help Me! You don't open a email account on a newsgroup. You need to enter the correct settings in Windows Mail to access your existing email account. If you tell us who provides your email account, then someone can probably assist. "john" <woremorse@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e...

Processing a loan against a 401(k) account
Does anyone know the best way to setup this up on Money 2007 Deluxe? My 401(k) administrator - JPM - will end up removing shares for the balance of the loan and then adding shares back as I pay it off each pay period. They do not allow me to download transactions, so all entries will be done manually. Should I setup a separate Loan account linked to thie 401(k), setup an "loan" investment, or just remove the shares / add shares as I repay. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >Does anyone know the best way to setup this up on Money 2007 Deluxe? My >401(k) ad...

Workflow Email if Users is not in CRM
Hello All, Interesting problem. I create a case from email. It is now a Case. I now want to notify the sender that the Case is created. This is no problem if the individual is already in CRM, I can get that field from a Dynamic Value in the workflow. Howerver, if the person is not in CRM, I have nothing to grab. My plan was to grab the SMTP address and put it in a field on the form so I can grab it for the Workflow Template. Unfortunately, the Workflow TO: field will not only allow certain values. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I am reluctant to code in random contacts in ...

Outlook CRM Client vs. Web CRM Client
What's the advantages of installing and using the Outlook CRM Client vs. using Outlook+Web CRM? There are two Outlook clients-- the Desktop and Laptop. The Desktop client is online only, and the only advantage in using this (in my opinion) is that you can consolidate more of your user's tasks to one location. In essence, the functionality is the same as the web client except that you have the "Track in CRM" option for your emails. The Laptop client supports offline mode and uses the MSDE to manage a local store for changes that will sync with the CRM server the next...

Account Settings Changing randomly
Hello, We have something going on with a particular user's machine where their Outlook settings revert (sorta). Essentially we're running OfficeXP (I know it's super old), and we deploy it with AD and Group Policy. I've used the CIW to create a transform for the installer that (among other things) specifies the mail server to connect to (This shows up in the "Microsoft Exchange Server" field). This has worked flawlessly for years and years until just recently for a certain user. It seems now, this particular user occasionally looses connection to the exchan...