CRM 4.0 Workflow links

Hello,

I am needing to have Workflow send an email with a link to given item.  For
example if a person is assigned a task, I want the email to contain the link
to the task.  I understand how to have it create the email but I do not know
how to have it send the link.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Chris
0
ChrisBrown (42)
1/17/2008 11:46:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Chris,

This was an issue in 3.0 and i guess it still remains in 4.0 as well. They
have a new option to send shortcut and copy shortcut... this copies the
entire url to current object. But it probably cannot be used in a workflow
automation.

The solution would be to add a custom attribute in the entity and through
scripts have it store the id of the entity. In the workflow, in the email
template you could type the link to your CRM server and then place the
custom attribute to get the id of the entity instance in question.

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am needing to have Workflow send an email with a link to given item.
> For
> example if a person is assigned a task, I want the email to contain the
> link
> to the task.  I understand how to have it create the email but I do not
> know
> how to have it send the link.
>
> I appreciate the help!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

0
inogic (83)
1/18/2008 7:53:19 AM
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply.  Could you plese give me an example of the Java Script
that would be used to populate the field?

Thanks,

Chris

"Sam" wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> This was an issue in 3.0 and i guess it still remains in 4.0 as well. They
> have a new option to send shortcut and copy shortcut... this copies the
> entire url to current object. But it probably cannot be used in a workflow
> automation.
>
> The solution would be to add a custom attribute in the entity and through
> scripts have it store the id of the entity. In the workflow, in the email
> template you could type the link to your CRM server and then place the
> custom attribute to get the id of the entity instance in question.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Sam
> _______________
> Inogic
> Innovative Logic
> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> Web: www.inogic.com
> --------------------------
>

> "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am needing to have Workflow send an email with a link to given item.
> > For
> > example if a person is assigned a task, I want the email to contain the
> > link
> > to the task.  I understand how to have it create the email but I do not
> > know
> > how to have it send the link.
> >
> > I appreciate the help!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

0
ChrisBrown (42)
1/18/2008 3:42:01 PM
Hi Chris,

Try this,

//Check if not a new record

if(crmForm.FormType != 1)

{

crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue = crmForm.ObjectId;

//to force crm to save this value

crmForm.all.new_taskurl.ForceSubmit = true;

}

This will store the id of the entity in a custom attribute. You can then use
this in the url for the link to the entity.

HTH

Sam

_______________

> Hi Sam,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Could you plese give me an example of the Java
> Script
> that would be used to populate the field?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> "Sam" wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> This was an issue in 3.0 and i guess it still remains in 4.0 as well.
>> They
>> have a new option to send shortcut and copy shortcut... this copies the
>> entire url to current object. But it probably cannot be used in a
>> workflow
>> automation.
>>
>> The solution would be to add a custom attribute in the entity and through
>> scripts have it store the id of the entity. In the workflow, in the email
>> template you could type the link to your CRM server and then place the
>> custom attribute to get the id of the entity instance in question.
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>
>> Sam
>> _______________
>> Inogic
>> Innovative Logic
>> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
>> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
>> Web: www.inogic.com
>> --------------------------
>>

>> "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am needing to have Workflow send an email with a link to given item.
>> > For
>> > example if a person is assigned a task, I want the email to contain the
>> > link
>> > to the task.  I understand how to have it create the email but I do not
>> > know
>> > how to have it send the link.
>> >
>> > I appreciate the help!
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Chris

0
inogic (83)
1/19/2008 11:53:56 AM
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get the new ID field to populate based on
your java script code.  The next problem I have is that when I create the
workflow email, I pretype the link in front of the ID, but when the email is
sent, it doesn't make the ID apart of the email link so the link is broken.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

"Sam" wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Try this,
>
> //Check if not a new record
>
> if(crmForm.FormType != 1)
>
> {
>
> crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue = crmForm.ObjectId;
>
> //to force crm to save this value
>
> crmForm.all.new_taskurl.ForceSubmit = true;
>
> }
>
> This will store the id of the entity in a custom attribute. You can then use
> this in the url for the link to the entity.
>
> HTH
>
> Sam
>
> _______________
> Inogic
> Innovative Logic
> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> Web: www.inogic.com
> --------------------------
>

> "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Sam,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.  Could you plese give me an example of the Java
> > Script
> > that would be used to populate the field?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Sam" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Chris,
> >>
> >> This was an issue in 3.0 and i guess it still remains in 4.0 as well.
> >> They
> >> have a new option to send shortcut and copy shortcut... this copies the
> >> entire url to current object. But it probably cannot be used in a
> >> workflow
> >> automation.
> >>
> >> The solution would be to add a custom attribute in the entity and through
> >> scripts have it store the id of the entity. In the workflow, in the email
> >> template you could type the link to your CRM server and then place the
> >> custom attribute to get the id of the entity instance in question.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps!
> >>
> >> Sam
> >> _______________
> >> Inogic
> >> Innovative Logic
> >> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> >> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> >> Web: www.inogic.com
> >> --------------------------
> >>

> >> "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ChrisBrown (42)
1/20/2008 10:58:02 PM
Chris,

I am using CRM 4 and trying to exactly the same thing. I have managed to
make the email like to work in the email, it is all to do with when you add
characters and deleted them.

1. Entered the full web link to the correct aspx page, for example for a
lead it is:

http://CRMSERVER/CRMOrganisation/leads/edit.aspx

2. To add stuff to the end of this I was getting the problem you were
getting, so I placed the cursor between teh p and x of .aspx at the end. I
could then add fields in there and the became part of the link, so added an
extra x, followed by the rest of the link I needed which was:

id={new_ID}#

4. Once this was in I could remove the last x. Make sure you do this be
moving before the last x and using delete, not by using backspace, this make
the system re-check the link.

I hope I managed to explain this correctly and the information helps you.
And thanks to Sam for the first example, it really managed to solve a problem
for us.

"Chris Brown" wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get the new ID field to populate based on
> your java script code.  The next problem I have is that when I create the
> workflow email, I pretype the link in front of the ID, but when the email is
> sent, it doesn't make the ID apart of the email link so the link is broken.
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> "Sam" wrote:
>
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Try this,
> >
> > //Check if not a new record
> >
> > if(crmForm.FormType != 1)
> >
> > {
> >
> > crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue = crmForm.ObjectId;
> >
> > //to force crm to save this value
> >
> > crmForm.all.new_taskurl.ForceSubmit = true;
> >
> > }
> >
> > This will store the id of the entity in a custom attribute. You can then use
> > this in the url for the link to the entity.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Sam
> >
> > _______________
> > Inogic
> > Innovative Logic
> > Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> > E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> > Web: www.inogic.com
> > --------------------------
> >

> > "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Sam,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the reply.  Could you plese give me an example of the Java
> > > Script
> > > that would be used to populate the field?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Chris

0
RobMottram (202)
1/23/2008 1:50:03 AM
Very sorry,

I have done this again on my system and it does not appear to be working
correctly. I am sure it did the first time. I will try again and let you know
if I manage to find a solution.

"Rob Mottram" wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I am using CRM 4 and trying to exactly the same thing. I have managed to
> make the email like to work in the email, it is all to do with when you add
> characters and deleted them.
>
> 1. Entered the full web link to the correct aspx page, for example for a
> lead it is:
>
> http://CRMSERVER/CRMOrganisation/leads/edit.aspx
>
> 2. To add stuff to the end of this I was getting the problem you were
> getting, so I placed the cursor between teh p and x of .aspx at the end. I
> could then add fields in there and the became part of the link, so added an
> extra x, followed by the rest of the link I needed which was:
>
> id={new_ID}#
>
> 4. Once this was in I could remove the last x. Make sure you do this be
> moving before the last x and using delete, not by using backspace, this make
> the system re-check the link.
>
> I hope I managed to explain this correctly and the information helps you.
> And thanks to Sam for the first example, it really managed to solve a problem
> for us.
>
> "Chris Brown" wrote:
>
> > Hi Sam,
> >
> > Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get the new ID field to populate based on
> > your java script code.  The next problem I have is that when I create the
> > workflow email, I pretype the link in front of the ID, but when the email is
> > sent, it doesn't make the ID apart of the email link so the link is broken.
> > Do you have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Sam" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Chris,
> > >
> > > Try this,
> > >
> > > //Check if not a new record
> > >
> > > if(crmForm.FormType != 1)
> > >
> > > {
> > >
> > > crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue = crmForm.ObjectId;
> > >
> > > //to force crm to save this value
> > >
> > > crmForm.all.new_taskurl.ForceSubmit = true;
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > This will store the id of the entity in a custom attribute. You can then use
> > > this in the url for the link to the entity.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Sam
> > >
> > > _______________
> > > Inogic
> > > Innovative Logic
> > > Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> > > E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> > > Web: www.inogic.com
> > > --------------------------
> > >

> > > "Chris Brown" <ChrisBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RobMottram (202)
1/23/2008 9:14:00 AM
Hi Rob/Chris,

First oppologies for the delay in getting back... was busy with other stuff
and did not check this post until today.

Chris you probably do not get the id set as, the code provided for to set
the new_id field with the object id if it is not a new form. this means that
you will need to click on save twice for the new_id to be populated...

Here is something you could use on the onload of the form

if(crmForm.FormType != 1)
{
if(crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue == null)
{
crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue = crmForm.ObjectId;

or set this directly to the url

crmForm.all.new_url.DataValue = 'http://servername:5555/leads/edit.aspx?id='
+ crmForm.ObjectId;

//Save the change
crmForm.Save();

}

The above code will store the url once the entity has been saved. This will
cause the form to refresh once again.

If you use this custom field to populate the url in the Create workflow...
you will get null values because when the entity is created this field is
not set. It is set after the entity has been saved and an id assigned to it.
So you could do with writing some kind of a wait condition to wait till this
id was populated. And with the code snippet provided above this will happen
immideately after the revord is saved and the form loads again...

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________

"Rob Mottram" <RobMottram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Very sorry,
>
> I have done this again on my system and it does not appear to be working
> correctly. I am sure it did the first time. I will try again and let you
> know
> if I manage to find a solution.
>
> "Rob Mottram" wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> I am using CRM 4 and trying to exactly the same thing. I have managed to
>> make the email like to work in the email, it is all to do with when you
>> add
>> characters and deleted them.
>>
>> 1. Entered the full web link to the correct aspx page, for example for a
>> lead it is:
>>
>> http://CRMSERVER/CRMOrganisation/leads/edit.aspx

>> 2. To add stuff to the end of this I was getting the problem you were
>> getting, so I placed the cursor between teh p and x of .aspx at the end.
>> could then add fields in there and the became part of the link, so added
>> an
>> extra x, followed by the rest of the link I needed which was:
>>
>> id={new_ID}#
>>
>> 4. Once this was in I could remove the last x. Make sure you do this be
>> moving before the last x and using delete, not by using backspace, this
>> make
>> the system re-check the link.
>>
>> I hope I managed to explain this correctly and the information helps you.
>> And thanks to Sam for the first example, it really managed to solve a
>> problem
>> for us.
>>
>> "Chris Brown" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Sam,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get the new ID field to populate
>> > based on
>> > your java script code.  The next problem I have is that when I create
>> > the
>> > workflow email, I pretype the link in front of the ID, but when the
>> > email is
>> > sent, it doesn't make the ID apart of the email link so the link is
>> > broken.
>> > Do you have any suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Chris

0
inogic (83)
1/23/2008 12:01:25 PM
Hi I was just writing this when I noticed you had replied!

I have been trying to get this to work this morning, and have found out part
of the answer, and I can get the solution to work in CRM 3 but not in CRM 4.
If you create a URL field, and populate this with the full URL required for
the link. This field can then be added to the email in the workflow, and this
will make a link. The problem is that in CRM 4 there are not being made as
HTML links, just text so cannot be clicked on.

Here is a link to a page which explains the solution, which works perfectly
for CRM 3.
http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/microsoftcrm/archive/2007/06/27/embedding-direct-links-to-crm-in-a-workflow-email.aspx

I am in contact with Microsoft support as to why URL Links don't appear to
be correct in CRM 4, once I have some more information I will let you know.

"Sam" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> 1. Entered the full web link to the correct aspx page, for example for a
> >> lead it is:
> >>
> >> http://CRMSERVER/CRMOrganisation/leads/edit.aspx
>

> >> 2. To add stuff to the end of this I was getting the problem you were
> >> getting, so I placed the cursor between teh p and x of .aspx at the end.
> >> could then add fields in there and the became part of the link, so added
> >> an
> >> extra x, followed by the rest of the link I needed which was:
> >>
> >> id={new_ID}#
> >>
> >> 4. Once this was in I could remove the last x. Make sure you do this be
> >> moving before the last x and using delete, not by using backspace, this
> >> make
> >> the system re-check the link.
> >>
> >> I hope I managed to explain this correctly and the information helps you.
> >> And thanks to Sam for the first example, it really managed to solve a

0
RobMottram (202)
1/23/2008 12:14:01 PM
Hi Sam,

I was able to get the email link to work based upon your script and embeding
the link in the field on the entity.  Outlook automatically creates a
hyperlink from the url string.  The only problem I am running into now is
that when a task is created via workflow, I guess that workflow bypasses the
java script and does not get the link added to the task, so there is not link
to be sent.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help!

"Sam" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> 1. Entered the full web link to the correct aspx page, for example for a
> >> lead it is:
> >>
> >> http://CRMSERVER/CRMOrganisation/leads/edit.aspx
>

> >> 2. To add stuff to the end of this I was getting the problem you were
> >> getting, so I placed the cursor between teh p and x of .aspx at the end.
> >> could then add fields in there and the became part of the link, so added
> >> an
> >> extra x, followed by the rest of the link I needed which was:
> >>
> >> id={new_ID}#
> >>
> >> 4. Once this was in I could remove the last x. Make sure you do this be
> >> moving before the last x and using delete, not by using backspace, this
> >> make
> >> the system re-check the link.
> >>
> >> I hope I managed to explain this correctly and the information helps you.
> >> And thanks to Sam for the first example, it really managed to solve a

0
ChrisBrown (42)
1/24/2008 10:36:02 AM
I was expecting outlook to make it a link for me as well, but for some reason
it is not doing it on our system. This could be due to settings in outlook at
the moment the reason we need this has gone, but I think I am going to have
to get this working at somepoint.

I realised I might get the same issue as you at somepoint, which is that the
task does not have an ID until AFTER it has been saved. This means that the
ID field can only be populated the second time it is opened.
The other options I can think of would involve creating an assembly to
lookup the ID. This could either be run after create of the task and put the
ID into a field, or be called from the workflow to look up the ID each time
it is needed.
I have not yet had a chance to create any assemblies in CRM 4, but must look
at it soon, and expect this will be simple.

"Chris Brown" wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> I was able to get the email link to work based upon your script and embeding
> the link in the field on the entity.  Outlook automatically creates a
> hyperlink from the url string.  The only problem I am running into now is
> that when a task is created via workflow, I guess that workflow bypasses the
> java script and does not get the link added to the task, so there is not link
> to be sent.
>
> Do you have any more suggestions?
>
> Thanks again for all your help!
>
> "Sam" wrote:
>
> > Hi Rob/Chris,
> >
> > First oppologies for the delay in getting back... was busy with other stuff
> > and did not check this post until today.
> >
> > Chris you probably do not get the id set as, the code provided for to set
> > the new_id field with the object id if it is not a new form. this means that
> > you will need to click on save twice for the new_id to be populated...
> >
> > Here is something you could use on the onload of the form
> >
> > if(crmForm.FormType != 1)
> > {
> > if(crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue == null)
> > {
> > crmForm.all.new_id.DataValue = crmForm.ObjectId;
> >
> > or set this directly to the url
> >
> > crmForm.all.new_url.DataValue = 'http://servername:5555/leads/edit.aspx?id='
> > + crmForm.ObjectId;
> >
> > //Save the change
> > crmForm.Save();
> >
> > }
> >
> > The above code will store the url once the entity has been saved. This will
> > cause the form to refresh once again.
> >
> > If you use this custom field to populate the url in the Create workflow...
> > you will get null values because when the entity is created this field is
> > not set. It is set after the entity has been saved and an id assigned to it.
> > So you could do with writing some kind of a wait condition to wait till this
> > id was populated. And with the code snippet provided above this will happen
> > immideately after the revord is saved and the form loads again...
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> >

> > Sam
> > _______________
> > Inogic
> > Innovative Logic
> > Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> > E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> > Web: www.inogic.com
> > --------------------------
> >

> > "Rob Mottram" <RobMottram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Very sorry,
> > >
> > > I have done this again on my system and it does not appear to be working
> > > correctly. I am sure it did the first time. I will try again and let you
> > > know
> > > if I manage to find a solution.

0
RobMottram (202)
1/24/2008 10:54:01 AM
Hi Chris,

I did anticipate this issue you might have and this is the explanation and
had put that in...

If you use this custom field to populate the url in the Create workflow...
you will get null values because when the entity is created this field is
not set. It is set after the entity has been saved and an id assigned to it.
So you could do with writing some kind of a wait condition to wait till this
id was populated. And with the code snippet provided above this will happen
immideately after the revord is saved and the form loads again...

So the change would have to made at the workflow level... put a wait
condition for entity condition and choose new_url contains data.. or is not
null... so ti will wait till the url field has been populated and this will
happen immideately upon reload... after the save.

HTH

Sam
_______________

> [...]
>> this
>> id was populated. And with the code snippet provided above this will
>> happen
>> immideately after the revord is saved and the form loads again...
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>

>> Sam
>> _______________
>> Inogic
>> Innovative Logic
>> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
>> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
>> Web: www.inogic.com
>> --------------------------
>>

>> "Rob Mottram" <RobMottram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Very sorry,
>> >
>> > I have done this again on my system and it does not appear to be
>> > working
>> > correctly. I am sure it did the first time. I will try again and let

0
inogic (83)

CRM 3.o and External Connector license
Hi, Just wanted to make sure about this licensing option. As far as I understand, if I purchase the external connector license, nothing really gets installed to CRM. In other words external connector license does not increase the number of possible CRM users in the CRM system? And if that is correct, then the external users that use some type of custom portal to interact with the CRM system, do not need to be CRM users. Any comments regarding this licensing option are greatly appreciated since I couldn't find too much information about this even from MS CRM marketing materials. Thanks. ...

Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server setup 09-16-03
Hi, When I try to setup CRM Server I get this error.I replicate the server when I start to install but then I get tis error. I don't setup on a DC.Do I have to setup it on a DC? Thanks in advance, Derda Derda, You should have received an error code as part of the message. Can you please provide that information. Matt "Derda" <safsar@luckyeye.com> wrote in message news:eQ5P6KFfDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hi, When I try to setup CRM Server I get this error.I replicate the server when I start to install but then I get tis error. I don't setup on a DC.Do I have ...

How do I make the 0 hidden with erasing the formula in a block?
Please help asap. I have a project due and I dont want all those zeros on the page but I dont want to erase all my formulas. I need them there for when I plug in my numbers. -- tm Try the following custom format: 1. Go to Format | Cells | Number | Custom 2. In the "Type" field, enter: $#,##0.00;-0;;@ You can also omit the dollar sign at the start if you want. Hope this helps -- LPS "floydgrading" wrote: > Please help asap. I have a project due and I dont want all those zeros on > the page but I dont want to erase all my formulas. I need them there f...

CRM 3 Syncronization Mess
A new user in CRM. I imported his 500 contacts that were in Outlook to CRM. I setup the sync for contacts and it then duplicated EVERY contact from CRM into Outlook contacts. I then had to delete everything from outlook. I then tried to sync the contacts that were in CRM to Outlook, but nothing would sync. I modified the local data setting to sync contacts "owned by me" and nothing would sync. My contacts in CRM sync fine to my Outlook contacts with no issue. Since Outlook's contacts has a company name field and CRM's does not (HUGE HUGE PAIN MICROSOFT), I have ha...

Going Offline in Outlook with CRM
When some of users, using the CRM laptop outlook client, try to go offline, they receive an error message to the effect of "CRM Outlook cannot go offline. CRM server not found or user does not have sufficient privileges". They can access the server fine when online, so we're tending to think it's a permissions problem. However, their roles have the Go Offline and Go Mobile permissions allowed. Anyone have any ideas? Just a thought but maybe the local rights on the laptop prevent the system from sychronising? File system rights? "Matt Harvey" wrote: &g...

CRM and WSS
When you create an account in CRM, does it automatically create a sharepoint site for the account as well? I have existing sharpoint sites for all our company accounts and would like to integrate CRM (linking the company account site with the CRM accounts. Does anyone have a similar setup - or plans in the near future for this? CRM does not create a sharepoint site for new accounts you create. I assume you want this so you can store documents relating to that account in the sharepoint site? "H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:980101c3ea67$...

Track user accessing CRM and various entities
Need to be able to track and report on what users accessed CRM and what entities were used most. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0c4855cd-b39e-43df-84f6-e57...

Great Plains 8.0 to 9.0 upgrade problem
We just upgraded the server successfully, then installed the clients. When we try to login to the client, we're getting: "The database setup has not been completed for Microsoft Dynamics GP. Use Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities to complete the database setup before starting Microsoft Dynamics GP." Click OK, the message pops up 3 more times. What is the best way to troubleshoot this message? I can't find any reference to this error. We figured out the problem. There were modules installed that our registration keys did not match, so that's why we were getting the...

What version are you expecting CRM to be "Prime Time Ready"?
I am still a little weary of the product when comparing to SalesLogix or some other mid-market offerings. It seems to clugy (sp) when you get into anything more than Account-Contact-Opportunity management. One of the other things I am having a real issue with is only being able to associate and activity with one object. When do you think CRM will be ready for prime time? I have no doubt it can dominate the mid-market, I think it is only a matter of time and effort. I am predicting the first dot release after 2. Jake Jake, Microsoft's typical product development life cycle follow...

Include back ordered items on Pick ticket in 8.0.
A change was made to the printing of the Pick ticket in version 8.0. As part of that change the ability to print a pick ticket including back order items was eliminated. That flexability needs to be put back into the product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

import store 2.0 to hq failing
After upgrading store ops from 1.2 to 2.0 (no problems) we are trying to implement hq 2.0 by bringing in the biggest store db through the hd admin. However, it fails on an invalid column category. Any ideas? ...

Error message #4.4.7
Hi, I get a lot of the following delivery error messages from our Exchange2003 system: Message could not be delivered to following address ??? @???.??? <skh2003.skh.fi #4.4.7>. Yet the address is valid and can be reached from another mail domain. Can somebody please help? Matti Matti, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256321 this details the most common ndr codes, 4.4.7 is stated as being "Delivery Time Expired" Simon "Matti Makela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:113301c3fb84$f9882590$a401280a@phx....

Discount on $0 item
I have an item that has a $0.00 price. The purpose of this item is for information and tracking purposes, we also want it to apprear on the sales receipt. The problem is that when we apply a discount to the whole transaction this item, eg. $10 off the entire transaction, the item even though it is has a $0.00 price gets a $0.01 value. Is there a way around this so that the no discounts are appllied to this $0.00 item. Thanks Chas In the item's properties, under options, select "item is not discountable" Alex Bullock The RSC Group www.rsc.com "Chas" <chuck@y...

CRM 3.0
Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. With v3.0, you can write a .Net assembly that you can call from workflow. This could be used to cycle through a list of reps and process the assignment. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dave M." <Dave M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3A034A-B8A5-430D-943B-FBE4525BB013@microsoft.com... Is there any way to use work flow to automatically assign leads to varius salesman as the leads come in. ...

Visual C++ 6.0 CDialog::Create fails (returns 0)
I don't understand what could cause this? Pass in a valid ID and the current object (this). if( !m_pControlDlg ) { m_pControlDlg = new CControlDlg(); ASSERT( m_pControlDlg ); ASSERT( AfxIsValidAddress( m_pControlDlg , sizeof( CControlDlg ) ) ); bool bCreated = m_pControlDlg->Create( IDD_DIALOG_CONTROL, this ); ASSERT(bCreated);////this is where my failure occures m_pControlDlg->ShowWindow( SW_SHOWNORMAL ); } Any ideas? I appreciate any ideas you could give. Thanks. "Kman" <kman_l@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190846202.092456.23310@g4g2000h...

Mobile Express for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, The current release of Mobile Express for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is available in English only. I need know when is available in Spanish? Hello, Mobile Express for other languages is now available. Please check the following blog posting for more information: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/10/22/update-rollup-7-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0.aspx Thanks! -- ======================== Manoj Kithany [MSFT] Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ======================== "Katyc" <Katyc@discus...

CRM 4.0 SRS Connector Install Problem
I am trying to install MS CRM 4.0 (New install, not upgrade). My environment is setup like this: Srv-1 - Windows 2003R2 SP2, CRM Srv-2 - Windows 2003R2 SP2, SQL2005 SP2 & SQL2005 Reporting services I have installed CRM on srv-1. I am trying to install the SRS Connector on srv-2. My SQL server is a named instance (srv-2\SQL2005). I access reporting services with http://srv-2/ReportingService2005. When I try to install the SRS Connector it fails with "Unable to validate SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server installation. Please check that it is correctly installed on t...

GP Report Modifier Question (version 9.0)
On our invoice report I changed the format of a custom field to a custom format definition (that I named BB2 with 2 decimal places and show the currency symbol). Now our Inventory History Sales Summary Report prints all of the Total Quantities for the item with a currency symbol also, why is that? Is your Inventory History Sales Summary Report modified? Have you opened the field to check and make sure no format has been assigned to it? ...

J2EE to CRM 3.0
Does anyone know how to get a J2EE app to access data held in CRM 3.0? TIA -- Simon Morris CRM exposes two public webservices, one for the businesslogic and one for the metadata. You should be able to connect to those webservices using J2EE. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Simon Morris" <SimonMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71EB635C-631C-49F7-A836-47900536CC64@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to get a J2EE app to access data held in CRM 3.0? > > TIA > -- > Simon Morris Hi Jeffry, Thanks for t...

rpc over http #4
How to configure rpc over http ? Is any firewall support ? Is it only can used ssl configure....how about non ssl The best advice I can give is to pickup the Exchange 2003 deployment guide and read the chapter. http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=77B6D819-C7B3-42D1-8FBB-FE6339FFA1ED&displaylang=en -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. ps - Microsoft doesn't recommend going over a standard http connection for security reasons. "rock" <yhrock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uN...

Mobile CRM on Pocket PC 2005
I've created a new deployment package for the Mobile CRM, nothing special just MobileCRM, SQL CE and .Net framework. It installs fine, and runs fine on my Pocket PC 2003 SE (Phone Addition) running on my QTEK S100 but using the same package on a new Pocket PC 2005 (Phone Addition) running on an 02 XDA Exec, it dosn't work. The install seems to go ok, but the software dosn't seem to be installed, it's no in program files, there dosn't seem to be any CRM files using file explorer, but it's listed in the Remove Programs option. Is there any known issued running thi...

Importing Records in to CRM 3.0
Hello, On a monthly basis, I import a CSV into the Leads area of CRM. This worked well in 1.2 where I was able to select the "Target" field(s). When I tried this same technique in 3.0, I noticed the "Target" field contained the target field info, but was disabled thus not allowing me to change if I want to. Is this new in 3.0 and if so, is there a work-around Hi Kathy, I guess the target fields which are disabled must be mandatory fields for the lead. In V3 it was enforced that mandatory field has to be mapped and so this restriction. If right source field is ...

data migration of excel sheets to crm
hi, i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm which is not getting dont. the migration exe file is run and log shows process completed , but the status of these file in the cdf migrate info table shows "not processed". i did import the data to cdf by dts succesfully though. please help. its urgent. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9062EE2-BF71-4ED2-9710-813C577A5405@microsoft.com... > hi, > i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm > which > is not &g...

Updates #4
Version: 2004 Hello, I am not sure how works updates for Office for Mac 2004 so I hope you can help me. Customer's last update is 10.1.4 . He would like to install update 11.5.0 . To be able install new update he needs install all updates which was released among version 10.1.4 and 11.5.0 . Is it true? How he can get these updates? He strongly insist on downloading updates from webste. Could you plese recommend me what he should do? Is it possible to donwload all updtates via webste (I am able to search maily last versions)? Thanks If he has version 10.x the release is Office X whic...

Check Links Purchasing routine & Reconcile Inventory routine *slow
The process is getting stuck/slow at the following (below). I didn't find any info in CustomerSource. Check Links: Purchasing: very slow, took ~4 hours to get to 7% <had to cancel process> Reconcile: Inventory: stuck on 0% for 2 hours <had to cancel process> Any suggestions? Have you tried running check links directly on the server? How are you connecting to the server? Are users in the system when you are running these? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "GPI" <GPI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398E7C16-0D04-43B0-A933-E1E990AAC4E5@microsof...