CRM 4.0 VPC Problem

I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.  
After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot 
and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" 
when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN.

Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get 
away from a message above.

Thanks and Appreciations

-Toi
0
ToiDay (77)
3/19/2008 5:38:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
781 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8


"Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com...
> I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
> After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message 
> "Reboot
> and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot 
> device"
> when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN.

When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard 
drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no hard 
drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?

Best regards,
Doncho
 

0
public1 (1)
3/19/2008 9:12:35 PM
Doncho,

Yes, I specified the hard drive that the same directory as extract from 
download.  I guess the problem is my PC is windows XP professional but CRM 
4.0 VPC supports Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista, am I correct?

By the way, I want to buy a new PC with Windows Vista Business, but I don't 
know it has IIS (Internet Information Services) installed.

Thanks and Appreciations

-Toi

"Doncho Angelov" wrote:

> 
> 
> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com...
> > I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
> > After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message 
> > "Reboot
> > and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot 
> > device"
> > when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN.
> 
> When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard 
> drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no hard 
> drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?
> 
> Best regards,
> Doncho
>  
> 
> 
0
ToiDay (77)
3/20/2008 1:13:00 PM
all works fine here  -  I wouyld check how you have created the vpc on your 
computer

"Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:CCB81C9B-6426-47B9-892F-322553697521@microsoft.com...
> Doncho,
>
> Yes, I specified the hard drive that the same directory as extract from
> download.  I guess the problem is my PC is windows XP professional but CRM
> 4.0 VPC supports Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista, am I correct?
>
> By the way, I want to buy a new PC with Windows Vista Business, but I 
> don't
> know it has IIS (Internet Information Services) installed.
>
> Thanks and Appreciations
>
> -Toi
>
> "Doncho Angelov" wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com...
>> > I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got 
>> > MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
>> > After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message
>> > "Reboot
>> > and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
>> > device"
>> > when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN 
>> > SCREEN.
>>
>> When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard
>> drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no 
>> hard
>> drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Doncho
>>
>>
>> 


0
p0911 (103)
3/21/2008 11:47:56 PM
Peter,

I got it, Peter.  I chose Windows XP instead of Windows Server 2003.

Thanks,

-Toi

"Peter Hale" wrote:

> all works fine here  -  I wouyld check how you have created the vpc on your 
> computer
> 
> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:CCB81C9B-6426-47B9-892F-322553697521@microsoft.com...
> > Doncho,
> >
> > Yes, I specified the hard drive that the same directory as extract from
> > download.  I guess the problem is my PC is windows XP professional but CRM
> > 4.0 VPC supports Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista, am I correct?
> >
> > By the way, I want to buy a new PC with Windows Vista Business, but I 
> > don't
> > know it has IIS (Internet Information Services) installed.
> >
> > Thanks and Appreciations
> >
> > -Toi
> >
> > "Doncho Angelov" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com...
> >> > I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got 
> >> > MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
> >> > After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message
> >> > "Reboot
> >> > and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
> >> > device"
> >> > when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN 
> >> > SCREEN.
> >>
> >> When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard
> >> drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no 
> >> hard
> >> drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Doncho
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
ToiDay (77)
3/26/2008 7:46:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically
With Vc6.0, if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in the exe file. I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error. may anyone offer suggestion on this? Best Regards, lomas I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean all files from Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it. --- Ajay "lomas" <...

Index Match Problem
I'm using the following formula, but it's returning #N/A: =INDEX('File X'!$F$1:$F$2000,MATCH(1,($B5='File X'!$A$1:$A$2000)*(S$4='File X'!$G$1:$G$2000),0) However, if I replace the S$4 with "7710", it returns the correct value. The number in S4 is 7710. Why won't the formula recognize the cell reference, but if I type the contents of the cell manually, it works? I double-checked to make sure nothing was entered as text. Hi, is 7710 a number typed or imported, check if you don't have blank spaces in one of the two cells you ...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

Strange problem in BP Portal for GP10 with Queries
I just had a user come to me and tell me he is getting an error on the sales page saying the query does not exist. This is the out of the box query that has not been modified. When I go into query organizer I find the Purchase Order Line Item folder but it now has a (1) beside it with the query inside it. What causes the folders to be renamed. While looking at the queries I multiple folders with the (1) out beside them. Thanks for any information you can shed on this. Robert Fann rfann@nospam.omnipackaging.com ------=_NextPart_0001_BD46EE76 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-...

problem with pivot table
Hello all: I am trying to make a pivot table from my date. My data includes Names, Dates (which I formatted to month, "m" in the format cells option)and Amount due. In designing the pt, I have "Name" in the row field, "Date" in the columnn field and "Amount due" in the Data field. I want my data to be grouped as follows: Month 1 2 3 4 Name $100 $20 $30 $20 Instead I am getting more than 1 month column i.e. Month 1 1 2 2 2 3 Name $80 $20 $30 $20 Do you know why...

Problem with Pie and Doughnut Charts
Hi, I have a couple of doubts in charts: 1) I have a graph where the Column and line charts are plotted on the same axis. I have got that correctly as well. Now, the problem is I want to display selective "Data Labels" on the *line graph*. How do I accomplish this task? (Actually the values for my line graph are same, hence its just a stright line. And I donot want the same value to be displayed again and again. I need just one data label on the beginning of the line) 2) Problem with Doughnut Chart: I have my "Category labels" on multiple rows (each value is typed in 3 ...

CRM v3
A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going Offline. The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was not installed. We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML, reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked. Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly installed. The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies that the issue may be User Profile or permissions. However, all the laptop client...

Charts #4
Hi: I have 2 columns - Visible Cost & Invisible Costs for 5 categories: Tech Cost, Facilities Cost, etc. I want to plot this in the following manner: For each category I want to plot the visible and invisible costs. The chart will have a line in between with Visible on the top in blue and invisible on bottom in red for each category. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Set up the data with categories in the first column, then Invisible, then Visible. Select a cell in the table Click on the Chart Wizard button on the toolbar Select the Column Chart type, and the stacked c...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

Linking CRM references when creating Workflow Activities
I have created a Workflow Process that creates a followup phone call and letter whenever a CRM Opportunity status changes from "Qualify" to "Quote". For the Activity Name/ Subject I would like to reference the Opportunity Topic (Name). Is there an easy way of doing this? NOTE: For the Opportunity Topic we are using the estimate number. ...

Paper size problem
I want to print flyers using Wizard, on A5 Paper. When I use Special Size on Page Setup to change to A5 sizes and set Printer Properties to A5 paper in Print Setup, half the content is not printed. How can I fit the contents of the flyer to an A5 and print. I'm on Win. ME, Publisher 2000 and Lex.Z32 Printer. The flyers are only setup for standard size paper like A4. They are not able to be changed to A5 paper. You can open two instances of Publisher so you can copy from the A4 page to the A5 page and re-size the objects on the A5 page. -- The US should free all those illegally held...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Inventory Cost Transfers in PA 8.0
Hi all, When I try to create an inventory transfer document in the Returns from Project Entry screen in Project Accounting 8.0, it seems to go well until I close the window, at which point I get the error : "This posting setting has been deleted". I've tried progresingon and applying the document, but when I do this I get another error: "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting" There are no batches in Batch recovery, and it seems to have posted through to the GL account. I can't find anythi...

XML Entity problem
Hi, I am still new to XML and thought I had my solution written, but during the rollout, we have come up with a problem with actual XML coming in (as opposed to our test XML). Some character entities have been transmitted unexpectedly. &apos; and &lt; I am loading my XML with XmlDocument, just by XmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument(); xDoc.Load(IncomingFilePath + e.Name); e is an incoming Fileinfo. My XML does not have any declaration at the top for a DTD. I always thought &apos; and &lt; were understood, but obviously not. The first line of my incoming XML is <?xml...

Problem with .rc files in VS 2005
I have several projects that were created with VS 2003. These are MFC based applications with .RC files that contain localized strings. Some of these strings are Japanese, Korean, and Chinese encoded in MBCS. These projects work fine in VS 2003. I converted these projects to compile with VS 2005 and if I bring up the resource editor to view or modify the string resources, VS 2005 will modify the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese strings. It will replace the characters with all "?" question marks. Is there some setting that I need to set to prevent VS from modifying my string...

Public folders problems after migration to e2k3
Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am thinking they might be related. Source:MSExchangeFBPublish Category: General Event IT:8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an unin...

change from SIZE ON DISK: 4:00kb
I am using publisher 2000. How can I can size on disk: 4:00KB into bigger number such as 16:00KB in "properties" menu. thank: nguyen You can't. The file size is what it is because of the content. Why do you want to change the file size? This won't help you to open it. If you are getting an error message, that's a different story. Are you running Norton Antivirus on your system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b6401c4be29$c5da6f60$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I am using ...

CRM for Outlook: HTTP 401 error
Hello, I'm trying to install CRM 4 for Outlook, but after I write the Intranet address e the Internet Address it sends me an error like: HTTP 401 Unauthorized. This error happens only on my laptop and all the other clients don't have any error. Could it be an error relative to my account? Thank you Rino Make sure the user account that you are using has a security role defined, and that you are also using the correct port when entering the addresses. -ajw "Rino Bertolotto, STESA SRL" <rino.bertolotto@stesa.it> wrote in message news:OGQQNgLcJHA.4480@TK2MSFTNGP0...