CRM 4.0 VPC Problem

I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot
and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device"
when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN.

Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get
away from a message above.

Thanks and Appreciations

-Toi
0
ToiDay (77)
3/19/2008 5:38:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
> After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message
> "Reboot
> and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
> device"
> when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN.

When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard
drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no hard
drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?

Best regards,
Doncho

0
public1 (1)
3/19/2008 9:12:35 PM
Doncho,

Yes, I specified the hard drive that the same directory as extract from
download.  I guess the problem is my PC is windows XP professional but CRM
4.0 VPC supports Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista, am I correct?

By the way, I want to buy a new PC with Windows Vista Business, but I don't
know it has IIS (Internet Information Services) installed.

Thanks and Appreciations

-Toi

"Doncho Angelov" wrote:

> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
> > After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message
> > "Reboot
> > and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
> > device"
> > when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN.
>
> When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard
> drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no hard
> drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?
>
> Best regards,
> Doncho

0
ToiDay (77)
3/20/2008 1:13:00 PM
all works fine here  -  I wouyld check how you have created the vpc on your
computer

> Doncho,
>
> Yes, I specified the hard drive that the same directory as extract from
> download.  I guess the problem is my PC is windows XP professional but CRM
> 4.0 VPC supports Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista, am I correct?
>
> By the way, I want to buy a new PC with Windows Vista Business, but I
> don't
> know it has IIS (Internet Information Services) installed.
>
> Thanks and Appreciations
>
> -Toi
>
> "Doncho Angelov" wrote:
>

>> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got
>> > MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd.
>> > After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message
>> > "Reboot
>> > and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot
>> > device"
>> > when I clicked Start.  So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN
>> > SCREEN.
>>
>> When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard
>> drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no
>> hard
>> drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Doncho

0
p0911 (103)
3/21/2008 11:47:56 PM
Peter,

I got it, Peter.  I chose Windows XP instead of Windows Server 2003.

Thanks,

-Toi

"Peter Hale" wrote:

> all works fine here  -  I wouyld check how you have created the vpc on your
> computer
>
> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Doncho,
> >
> > Yes, I specified the hard drive that the same directory as extract from
> > download.  I guess the problem is my PC is windows XP professional but CRM
> > 4.0 VPC supports Windows Server 2003 or Windows Vista, am I correct?
> >
> > By the way, I want to buy a new PC with Windows Vista Business, but I
> > don't
> > know it has IIS (Internet Information Services) installed.
> >
> > Thanks and Appreciations
> >
> > -Toi
> >
> > "Doncho Angelov" wrote:
> >

> >> "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> When you create the virtual machine, do you specify explicitly the hard
> >> drive you just extracted? In general, when you create new VM, it has no
> >> hard
> >> drives, no matter if it's in the same dir or not?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Doncho

0
ToiDay (77)

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Outlook Data Files #4

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

Outlook calender #4
If I became an appointment an print this the meeting organizer ist missing? why ...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

CSplitterWnd #4
Can i place splitter derived from CSplitterWnd to dialog derived from CDialog? I try this " i place functions on CMyDialog::OnCreate(...) m_splitter.CreateStacic(...) m_splitter.CreateView(...) m_splitter.CreateView(...) " but does't work. Thx in advance... Are you getting any kind of error? Could you replace ellipsis with full list of parameters you are using? Try the same in OnInitDialog instead OnCreate. "Pavol. R." wrote: > Can i place splitter derived from CSplitterWnd to dialog derived from > CDialog? > I try this > " > i place fun...

Why Microsoft CRM
Hello, I am a Microsoft SBS2003 user looking into CRM. I can stay with the brand and install MS CRM1.2 Pro Suite and clients. Or, I can use an on-line, on-demand tool like salesforce.com. Why choose microsoft? Thanhk you. Mark There are a number of considerations when comparing CRM to salesforce.com. Here are a few to consider: Price: While the Professional Edition of salesforce.com is $65/user per month, the Enterprise Edition which allows things like advanced customization, integration with accounting and HR systems, and higher-end administration, is $125/user per month. But even...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Watermarks #4
I need to put the word "draft" into my Excell documents. Is it possible to put a draft watermark into Excel documents? If so, how? Hi Purple Hummer, you could open MS-Paint and create a picture with the word DRAFT and save. Then in Excel open your sheet and go to Format/Sheet/Background and load your newly created DRAFT picture. It just worked for me ok. Regards, Nick. "Purple Hummer" wrote: > I need to put the word "draft" into my Excell documents. Is it possible to > put a draft watermark into Excel documents? If so, how? Not that difficult: ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

CRM 4 Workflow
Hi, I have created a fairly long workflow using the workflow GUI, there are lots of nested wait conditions and check conditions. When I get to the bottom of the visible screen and add a new stage it adds it on but I can't see the whole step to edit it, it seems to be when the screen has got to a certain length that scrollbars are required. When I click the twisties to hide stages and then display them again sometimes my new stage appears, sometimes not. It is proving impossible to complete the workflow, has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks Rob Rob, Why dont you divide you...

CRM Contact details
Hi There, Is it possible that we could generate a report (Advance Find) from the CRM list all clients with their perspectives contact details. Looking forward to hearing for you. Regards, Syed. Hi, By default the Parent Customer field is displayed on the Advanced Find view results for Contacts.You will need to edit the view and "Add Columns" from the "Parent Customer" record type to display account related information in the view. Alternately, you can create a report on Contacts using the Report Wizard, that is grouped on Account Name and displays all contacts ...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...