CRM 4.0 Upgrade Installation - CRM Database - Device Not Ready Err

I am attempting to perform an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0.

My CRM Server is on SERVER01
My CRM Database Server is on SERVER02
My Reporting Services Database Server is on SERVER03

I get to the point where it is validating the install.  When it comes to the
Microsoft CRM Database, I get an alert that says "Device Not Ready" and it
hangs.

I checked the event log, and I see the following error message:

Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0

Does anyone have any ideas about this error?

0
Robyn1 (11)
3/1/2008 2:00:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It turned out to be a security issue because the domain account was not in
the organization privusergroup security group.

"Robyn" wrote:

> I am attempting to perform an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0.
>
> My CRM Server is on SERVER01
> My CRM Database Server is on SERVER02
> My Reporting Services Database Server is on SERVER03
>
> I get to the point where it is validating the install.  When it comes to the
> Microsoft CRM Database, I get an alert that says "Device Not Ready" and it
> hangs.
>
> I checked the event log, and I see the following error message:
>
> Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about this error?

0
Robyn1 (11)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Vlookup returns "0"

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Error in database....

compact database in VBA access 2007