CRM 4.0 suddenly unusable

I only installed CRM 4.0 5 weeks ago, and only began loading it with real
data 2 weeks ago.  It seemed to be working fine on Friday, but this (Monday)
morning CRM is no longer accessible through the Outlook Client or the web
interface. The web interface gives the error message below.  I have logged
onto the SQL server and it appears to be fine.  I can't understand what
happened when not a single person was in the office over the weekend, and
neither machine appears to have been reset due to a MS Update.

Any ideas?

Server Error in '/' Application

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user
'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS
LOGON'.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningObject) +435
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection) +82
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
   Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.Open() +213

Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadMetadataXmlFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType
connectionType, String connectionString, Int32& maxBlobSize) +89

Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadCacheFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType connectionType, String connectionString) +22
   Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache() +76

Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationDatabaseService.InitializeMetadataCache() +5
   Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName)
+20
   Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName,
String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions) +297
   Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase() +107
   Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId() +156
   Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName) +32
   Microsoft.Crm.CrmTrace.get_RefreshTrace() +42
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
0
ScottS1 (4)
2/11/2008 3:29:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

FYI,  I tried shutting down both servers (full machine not just the
services), started SQL server, waited 20 minutes, started CRM server, waited
10 minutes, tried connectiong and get the same error.

"Scott S." wrote:

> I only installed CRM 4.0 5 weeks ago, and only began loading it with real
> data 2 weeks ago.  It seemed to be working fine on Friday, but this (Monday)
> morning CRM is no longer accessible through the Outlook Client or the web
> interface. The web interface gives the error message below.  I have logged
> onto the SQL server and it appears to be fine.  I can't understand what
> happened when not a single person was in the office over the weekend, and
> neither machine appears to have been reset due to a MS Update.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
> current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about
>
> Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user
> 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
>
> Source Error:
>
> An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can
>
> Stack Trace:
>

> [SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS
> LOGON'.]
>    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection
> owningObject) +435
>    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
> owningConnection) +82
>    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
> outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
>    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
>    Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.Open() +213
>
> Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadMetadataXmlFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType
> connectionType, String connectionString, Int32& maxBlobSize) +89
>
> Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadCacheFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType connectionType, String connectionString) +22
>    Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache() +76
>
> Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationDatabaseService.InitializeMetadataCache() +5
>    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName)
> +20
>    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName,
> String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions) +297
>    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase() +107
>    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId() +156
>    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName) +32
>    Microsoft.Crm.CrmTrace.get_RefreshTrace() +429
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
> ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
0
ScottS1 (4)
2/11/2008 4:11:00 PM
for enable tracing

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490/en-us

dear Scott, its because of IIS settings.
see the CRM appPool in IIS.

Also you can use tracing to get trace the error.

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Scott S." wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadCacheFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType connectionType, String connectionString) +22
> >    Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache() +76
> >
> > Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationDatabaseService.InitializeMetadataCache() +5
> >    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName)
> > +20
> >    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName,
> > String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions) +297
> >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase() +107
> >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId() +156
> >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName) +32
> >    Microsoft.Crm.CrmTrace.get_RefreshTrace() +429
> > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
mscrmexpert (134)
2/11/2008 4:20:03 PM
Thanks for the URLs and the quick help.

I began to notice a lot of issues on the network (related to security) as I
was setting up the registry file to enable tracing.  In fact I had 2
employees getting SSPI failure errors in an app.  I tried logging onto our
domain controller and it failed but a popup appeared saying is was out of
virtual memory.  I powered it off after failing several attempts to shut it
down.
After booting it back up, it took about 30 minutes for everything to get
back to normal, and CRM is working again.

I didn't need to actually trace this time, but now I'm prepared for any
future issues.

Thanks again,
Scott

"Imran-mscrmexpert" wrote:

> [...]
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache() +76
> > >
> > > Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationDatabaseService.InitializeMetadataCache() +5
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName)
> > > +20
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName,
> > > String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions) +297
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase() +107
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId() +156
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName) +32
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.CrmTrace.get_RefreshTrace() +429
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
2/11/2008 8:15:25 PM
I am having the *exact* same issue at a customer... the CRMappPool is running
and the Network Service account has access to all CRM databases...

Is there something specific that I need to do with the CRMAppPool/database
access?

Thanks
Nick

--
Nick Doelman
www.readybms.com

"Imran-mscrmexpert" wrote:

> [...]
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache() +76
> > >
> > > Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationDatabaseService.InitializeMetadataCache() +5
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName)
> > > +20
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName,
> > > String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions) +297
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase() +107
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId() +156
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName) +32
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.CrmTrace.get_RefreshTrace() +429
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Reg: Tracking emails into MS CRM3.0
Hi Just now I installed MS CRM 3.0 desktop outlook client in my system. I am unable to track more than 1 email into CRM at a time from my Outlook inbox. Is there any way to track more than 1 email into CRM? please let me know......... Thx in advance. Anil V no, you can only do one at a time. If you need to track a lot of e-mail, you should investigate the CRM Exchange Router which will automatically post e-mail for you. Dave Ireland "Anil Kumar V" <AnilKumarV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E965A49-5558-4D7E-836F-A80092F57F30@microsoft.com... > Hi ...

Batch Recovery #4
All, One our great plain users get the following error in batch recovery when they check the batch and hit continue: "you have not marked any batches for posting?" I orginally thought it might be a privilage issue but it doesn't appear to be since others with the same privilages do not experiance the issue. Any help would be appriciated. Jamal Jamal, the problem is that the batch is not responding. I recommend you review knowledgebase article: 865968 as there are three possible solutions. Hope this helps, rc "Jamal" wrote: > All, > > One o...

Selecting rows from various sheets #4
Cheers Fran -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 ...

ZIP codes beginning with 0
I'm having trouble getting ZIP codes beginning with 0 to stick, even when specifying ZIP code in the format category type. No matter what I do, the initial 0 always gets dropped. Advice? Thanks. Hi Peter.......... Either pre-format your cells as TEXT, or enter a leading apostrophe before entering the number with the leading 0........the apostrophe won't show, it only forces TEXT formatting on that cell.......... Vaya con Dios,] Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ab7001c46836$3382cf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I&...

Public Folder Migration #4
Adding a BE Exchange server to our topology. Have migrated all mailboxes to new BE server, and am trying to migrate public folders from what will be the FE server to the BE server. Using the PFMIGRATE script, here are the results: PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SOURCESERVER /T:TARGETSERVER /A /N:ALL /SC Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Wed Jun 28 08:06:29 MDT 2006 Source Server: NAMESOURCE Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) Target Server: NAMETARGET Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) WMI Server: NAMETARGET Add Replica Mode in progress. Analysis of 1 folders with repl...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

Outlook 2003 Problem #4
Hi folks, since I have got Outlook 2003 running, I have got the following problem: I use tow write e-mails offline, and then connect to the internet, and send it all at once. This worked always fine with OE, the written mails I sent away offline were copied into the send folder, and were sent away straght after I connected to the internet. Now I observer the followinf with Outlook 2003: Outlook continues to try to send the e-mail permanently, even if I check the correct checkbox for not participating on send offline. I tried to switch off everything I found, to prevent Outlook to permanently...

Error message 0x800ccc13 #4
Does anyone know what error message #0x800ccc13 means. I get it when I hit the sned/receive button. I can send email through Outlook 2000 but I can't receive anything. The message says that a TCP/IP error occured while trying to send data to the serever. All of my server set up info appears correct. I appreciate any answers ...

GroupShield 4.5
Hi, Can anyone point me to an online 4.5 manual. My network administrator has suggested that attachments which are sent me and are being blocked by GS 4.5 is quite difficult to have a script/permissions written which will allow the attachments to get through. Thanks for any advice. Grant. Hi Grant, I've got the manuals on PDF... I'll e-mail them to you. From what I remember it's very much a case that you either block the file type for all users or you don't... Regards, Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original M...

Barra de Publicidade que =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E1?= dinheiritos !!! #4
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

lost contacts #4
Running Windows XP pro. Installed the 2003 upgrade to Outlook (previous version probably 2002, or maybe earlier). Client had hit the 2gb file limit. :-( We used the Office 2003 suite, but only selected Outlook (and PowerPoint) at this time. For some reason, the upgrade did NOT convert from the '02 file format to the '03 format, nor did the install ask if I wanted to convert, that would allow much larger file size. So, I created a new 'personal folders' folder and told it to use the '03 format. That gave me TWO 'Personal Folders' in Outlook. Then, I moved the...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #4
We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Individual mailbox backup was taking way too long so now I'm just backing up the malibox store. I am aware that if I want to restore (1) users mailbox I would have to restore the whole store...can I resstore to a different mailbox store on the same Exchange server for disaster recovery or do I need another Exchange server? If I can, what are the procedures for doing so? Kind Regards, Ali On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:31:38 -0400, "obgyn" <obgyn@comunities.nospam.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 with Veritas 9.0. Ind...

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....