CRM 4.0 Rollup Update 9

Hi all,

Now I have CRM 4.0 without Rollup Update (New installation) and I want
install Rollup update 9 (after install Rollup Update 7 for client and
Datamanager).
My question is: There are many registry key that I must change but I don't
understand which registry keys I must change client side, which registry
keys I must change server side and which registry keys I must change booth
client and server side.

Can you explain me?

Thanks

0
davidze (7)
2/24/2010 5:53:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Davide-

Which registry keys are you thinking of changing?  Are you referring the the
Update Rollup KB where you can manually enable some fixes via registry keys?
If so, you should review these for your specific organization and determine
which you should enable.  These are updates\fixes that change existing
functionality, so that is why we cannot enable them by default.  You really
don't have to do any of these to use CRM, but certain ones can help clean up
your Async tables and help performance in larger environments.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Shawn

"Davide" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now I have CRM 4.0 without Rollup Update (New installation) and I want
> install Rollup update 9 (after install Rollup Update 7 for client and
> Datamanager).
> My question is: There are many registry key that I must change but I don't
> understand which registry keys I must change client side, which registry
> keys I must change server side and which registry keys I must change booth
> client and server side.
>
> Can you explain me?
>
> Thanks
>
> .

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

illegal operation #4
Does anybody know the reason why I get the following message when I'm closing outlook express? "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor" The details of the message are as follows: MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61. Registers: EAX=c00309c4 CS=017f EIP=bff9db61 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=0335fe28 SS=0187 ESP=0331ff18 EBP=033201b4 ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=64bf EDX=bff76855 ES=0187 EDI=bff79198 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 e4 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4...

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Outlook Notes #4
How do you change the look of Notes from full-screen to a smaller size. There are no drag handles or "top right hand corner" options. Sounds like you dragged it too big or maximized it. Can you double-click the blue bar at the top? <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d701c420ee$0960a350$a001280a@...

Password Protection #4
I have a password protected sheet. For one of the columns, I have a validation rule and have a list of values that the column can take. I put a password for the sheet and now no can change the sheet except for the column where I have the validation rule. When I click on that column, the small arrow appears and the drop down box appears and I can select a different value and change the cell. All other columns are locked. Cant we protect a column that has a validation rule with a "List" as option? Not that I'm aware. But doesn't the Data|Validation provide the sa...

Outlook attachments #9
Can you seach for any powerpoint attachments in an outlook folder? Hit Ctrl+Shift+F to bring up the advanced find form. Then search by "ppt" in "frequently-used text fields." That will search all fields for the term "ppt" which should find all the files that have a .ppt extention. I just tried it, and it seemed to work on mine. --Colin Jensen ...

Printing Multiple Copies #4
Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007 Small Business package. No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time. If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single copy only. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- Andrew Aitchison (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca) Is your printer driver current? What is the default in the printing preferences in the control panel printer folder? ...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook RPC pver http
hi, A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees have Outlook configured using RPC over http. These users can use CRM using the web client and need access thru outlook. Is RPC over http supported in CRM 4.0 ? What are the issues involved in getting Outlook to work with CRM 4.0 ? I am yet to review the implementation guide for this situation, any other blog or guide I need to refer ? Thanks in advance. On Aug 14, 1:53=A0am, ShawnK <Sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > > A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees...

Is this a correct way of doing an optimistic update
Imagine two different users executing this code at the same time. I can not use the CRecordset Update Delete methods for this. // Check to see if version number has been incremented since this view read in // the client data CClientRecordSet rs(mConn); rs.m_strFilter = "ID = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetKey(); rs.m_strFilter +=" AND "; rs.m_strFilter += "Version = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetVersion(); // Assuming here, this is acting as a lock on tables referenced mConn->BeginTrans(); rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot, NULL, CRecordset::re...

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Updating Related Entities Via Workflow
I'm a complete newbie to workflows, so your help is much appreciated. In general my question is, can a parent entity be updated via workflow rules when some event occurs on a related child entity, or does this need to happen via assembly or callout? Specifically... I have a situation where leads come into our system from various places. Because I cannot add leads to a queue, I use a workflow to create a phone call for each lead and add it to a queue. Now, is it possible (through workflow) that when a user accepts the phone call activity from the queue, that the parent lead own...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Pay code update with Integration Manager
I am trying to do a Pay Code update for all employees using Integration Manager using the General Payroll Update. I am able to get the standard Pay Codes to update, but cannot seem to get the "Based On" Pay Codes to update. When I log into GP and view the Employee Maintenance and Go To Pay Codes, I see the standard update. However the Based On Pay Codes remain the old rates unless I select select the Pay Code and simply click Ok. Then the update automatically is brought in. How can I get these updates to take without having to visit each of the Based On Pay Codes and sele...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Continuous update unsuccessful--this is truly bogus
Any updated info on the online account updating issues in Money 2005/2006. Example. I have several credit cards listed and setup for online account access, downloaded transactions (advanced register), etc. Suddenly the account will get an error stating that "update unsuccessful" and then never updates after that. I have read where the advice was to delete the online account and reset it up. The problems I have with that are that when I do that, now all my transaction history for that account is lost and I am given only the balance. I have selected the max for account hist...

Problems updating Access 2003 Database
We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send forms within the organization. We are seeing instances where the new records are not appending and believe it may be the query that is causing the issue. The INSERT query is: INSERT INTO table_headerdata ( wso_num ) SELECT Max([table_headerdata]![wso_num])+1 AS Expr1 FROM table_headerdata WHERE wso_num < 1000000; We would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:50:00 -0800, ehess00 <ehess00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send for...

Installing CRM Sales for Outlook
I've installed the Outlook client for one user. That computer is shared with another CRM user but when I attempt to install CRM for Outlook for the second user (under a seperate Exchange profile) I get the message "MS CRM Sales for Outlook is already installed for another user" and the install fails. Has anyone else seen this? Is this by design or is there a work around? Thanks Jamie Jamie the outlook client only supports one user profile. "Jamie Sachs" <jsachs@1to1.com> wrote in message news:8f7001c3459a$51300ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've insta...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

CRM 3.0 Installation
Has anyone been successful in installing CRM 3.0 onto an AMD64 bit processor using Windows 2003 x64 operating system? we are switching to DL145 servers for all f our web server machines and would like to migrate our CRM applications there also. I have not heard anything via official channels, but I don't believe CRM will install on x64 servers. The problem is that the environmental diagnostic in the CRM installation routine checks for MSXML 4.0 and doesn't find it. x64 Server requires MSXML 6.0, which, although "backwards compatible" does not satisfy the environmenta...

Money 2003 #9
When I try to enter a bond buy 1000 shares at 25.40 a share it puts the answer in at 254.00, if I change it to 25,400. like its suppose to be it puts the difference in as a commission. How do you correct their calculations? ...