CRM 4.0, Records showing incorrect dates

A user in the central time zone enters an opportunity today, 9/11.  If
a user in the pacific time zone opens this very same record, the date
on it shows 9/10, not 9/11.

The user in the central time zone computer displays the correct
windows time, as well as the user in the pacific time zone.

Why is it when a user in the pacific time zone setting opens up a
record that was entered in the central time zone show a date of 9/10
when it was entered 9/11?

I know CRM stores all dates in UTC.  This is the only user that if
when she enters a record that is opened by another user in the pacifc
time zone, the date is pushed to the previous day.  Any other user
from the central time zone that enteres a record, the date shown is
correct when opened by another user in the pacific time zone.

There must be something wrong on this user's workstation that is
entering these records...Thoughts/
0
tjudgeiii (16)
9/11/2008 9:28:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A date in crm is stored as datetime value. 9/11/08 is stored as 9/11/08
00:00:00 -0800 which is converted to UTC prior to storage (9/10/08
16:00:00Z). In PST this would be 9/10/08 22:00:00Z.

The reason because of the differences between the various systems can be the
settings on the individual CRM user. In the user settings (tool >settings)
you can set the timezone for the user. My guess is this is the cause of the
differnce.
--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"tjudgeiii@gmail.com" wrote:

> A user in the central time zone enters an opportunity today, 9/11.  If
> a user in the pacific time zone opens this very same record, the date
> on it shows 9/10, not 9/11.
>
> The user in the central time zone computer displays the correct
> windows time, as well as the user in the pacific time zone.
>
> Why is it when a user in the pacific time zone setting opens up a
> record that was entered in the central time zone show a date of 9/10
> when it was entered 9/11?
>
> I know CRM stores all dates in UTC.  This is the only user that if
> when she enters a record that is opened by another user in the pacifc
> time zone, the date is pushed to the previous day.  Any other user
> from the central time zone that enteres a record, the date shown is
> correct when opened by another user in the pacific time zone.
>
> There must be something wrong on this user's workstation that is
> entering these records...Thoughts/

0
Patrick2861 (490)
9/12/2008 7:01:05 AM
You might find this usefull:
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/pages/ContentItemPage.aspx?id=12&item=86&p=true
(A plugin to store dates as just date without the time zone)

--

"Patrick" wrote:

> A date in crm is stored as datetime value. 9/11/08 is stored as 9/11/08
> 00:00:00 -0800 which is converted to UTC prior to storage (9/10/08
> 16:00:00Z). In PST this would be 9/10/08 22:00:00Z.
>
> The reason because of the differences between the various systems can be the
> settings on the individual CRM user. In the user settings (tool >settings)
> you can set the timezone for the user. My guess is this is the cause of the
> differnce.
> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT
>
> Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
> http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx
>

> "tjudgeiii@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > A user in the central time zone enters an opportunity today, 9/11.  If
> > a user in the pacific time zone opens this very same record, the date
> > on it shows 9/10, not 9/11.
> >
> > The user in the central time zone computer displays the correct
> > windows time, as well as the user in the pacific time zone.
> >
> > Why is it when a user in the pacific time zone setting opens up a
> > record that was entered in the central time zone show a date of 9/10
> > when it was entered 9/11?
> >
> > I know CRM stores all dates in UTC.  This is the only user that if
> > when she enters a record that is opened by another user in the pacifc
> > time zone, the date is pushed to the previous day.  Any other user
> > from the central time zone that enteres a record, the date shown is
> > correct when opened by another user in the pacific time zone.
> >
> > There must be something wrong on this user's workstation that is
> > entering these records...Thoughts/

0
Patrick2861 (490)
9/12/2008 11:00:10 AM
On Sep 12, 6:00=A0am, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You might find this usefull:http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/pages/Content=
ItemPage.aspx?id=3D12&item...
> (A plugin to store dates as just date without the time zone)
>
> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT =A0
>
> Tools for CRM Developers and Administratorshttp://www.patrickverbeeten.co=
m/Tools.aspx

> "Patrick" wrote:
> > A date in crm is stored as datetime value. 9/11/08 is stored as 9/11/08
> > 00:00:00 -0800 which is converted to UTC prior to storage (9/10/08
> > 16:00:00Z). In PST this would be 9/10/08 22:00:00Z.
>
> > The reason because of the differences between the various systems can b=
e the
> > settings on the individual CRM user. In the user settings (tool >settin=
gs)
> > you can set the timezone for the user. My guess is this is the cause of=
 the
> > differnce.
> > --
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > Lead Developer
> > Aviva IT =A0
>
> > Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
> >http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx
>
> > "tjudge...@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > > A user in the central time zone enters an opportunity today, 9/11. =
=A0If
> > > a user in the pacific time zone opens this very same record, the date
> > > on it shows 9/10, not 9/11.
>
> > > The user in the central time zone computer displays the correct
> > > windows time, as well as the user in the pacific time zone.
>
> > > Why is it when a user in the pacific time zone setting opens up a
> > > record that was entered in the central time zone show a date of 9/10
> > > when it was entered 9/11?
>
> > > I know CRM stores all dates in UTC. =A0This is the only user that if
> > > when she enters a record that is opened by another user in the pacifc
> > > time zone, the date is pushed to the previous day. =A0Any other user
> > > from the central time zone that enteres a record, the date shown is
> > > correct when opened by another user in the pacific time zone.
>
> > > There must be something wrong on this user's workstation that is
> > > entering these records...Thoughts/- Hide quoted text -

I have verified that the CRM Time Zone setting from the Options menu
is correct (Central Time).  A record was just created and saved with
today's date.  This same record was opened by another user in the
Pacific Time Zone and the date shows 9/14 and not 9/15.

If another user creates a record in the Central time zone and is
opened by a user in the Pacific Time Zone, the date will be correct.
It must still be something on the user in the Central Time Zone's
workstation.

Ideas?  Thanks.

0
tjudgeiii (16)
9/15/2008 4:58:49 PM
On Sep 15, 11:58=A0am, tjudge...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 12, 6:00=A0am, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > You might find this usefull:http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/pages/Conte=
ntItemPage.aspx?id=3D12&item...
> > (A plugin to store dates as just date without the time zone)
>
> > --
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > Lead Developer
> > Aviva IT =A0
>
> > Tools for CRM Developers and Administratorshttp://www.patrickverbeeten.=
com/Tools.aspx

> > "Patrick" wrote:
> > > A date in crm is stored as datetime value. 9/11/08 is stored as 9/11/=
08
> > > 00:00:00 -0800 which is converted to UTC prior to storage (9/10/08
> > > 16:00:00Z). In PST this would be 9/10/08 22:00:00Z.
>
> > > The reason because of the differences between the various systems can=
 be the
> > > settings on the individual CRM user. In the user settings (tool >sett=
ings)
> > > you can set the timezone for the user. My guess is this is the cause =
of the
> > > differnce.
> > > --
> > > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > > Lead Developer
> > > Aviva IT =A0
>
> > > Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
> > >http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

> I have verified that the CRM Time Zone setting from the Options menu
> is correct (Central Time). =A0A record was just created and saved with
> today's date. =A0This same record was opened by another user in the
> Pacific Time Zone and the date shows 9/14 and not 9/15.
>
> If another user creates a record in the Central time zone and is
> opened by a user in the Pacific Time Zone, the date will be correct.
> It must still be something on the user in the Central Time Zone's
> workstation.
>
> Ideas? =A0Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Scratch this.

This is a global issue, not one workstation related.  Any user in the
Pacific Time Zone that opens up a record created by any user in the
Central Time Zone, date fields will show a date of yesterday (9/14)
and not today (9/15, if entered today).  To me, this is inaccurate
displayed in CRM, espiecially is users rely on on running reporting
that filter off these date fields.

I understand how CRM saves records in UTC but in CRM, the dates are
misleading...???
0
tjudgeiii (16)
9/15/2008 9:56:03 PM
On Sep 15, 4:56=A0pm, tjudge...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 15, 11:58=A0am, tjudge...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > On Sep 12, 6:00=A0am, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote=
:

> > > You might find this usefull:http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/pages/Con=
tentItemPage.aspx?id=3D12&item...
> > > (A plugin to store dates as just date without the time zone)
>
> > > --
> > > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > > Lead Developer
> > > Aviva IT =A0
>
> > > Tools for CRM Developers and Administratorshttp://www.patrickverbeete=
n.com/Tools.aspx

> > I have verified that the CRM Time Zone setting from the Options menu
> > is correct (Central Time). =A0A record was just created and saved with
> > today's date. =A0This same record was opened by another user in the
> > Pacific Time Zone and the date shows 9/14 and not 9/15.
>
> > If another user creates a record in the Central time zone and is
> > opened by a user in the Pacific Time Zone, the date will be correct.
> > It must still be something on the user in the Central Time Zone's
> > workstation.
>
> > Ideas? =A0Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

> Scratch this.
>
> This is a global issue, not one workstation related. =A0Any user in the
> Pacific Time Zone that opens up a record created by any user in the
> Central Time Zone, date fields will show a date of yesterday (9/14)
> and not today (9/15, if entered today). =A0To me, this is inaccurate
> displayed in CRM, espiecially is users rely on on running reporting
> that filter off these date fields.
>
> I understand how CRM saves records in UTC but in CRM, the dates are
> misleading...???- Hide quoted text -

Disregard this issue, it is a bug that is not native to CRM, but
rather, custom development.
0
tjudgeiii (16)
9/15/2008 10:40:44 PM
This issue is actually native to CRM, not a result of defective custom
development.

"tjudgeiii@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Sep 15, 4:56 pm, tjudge...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I have verified that the CRM Time Zone setting from the Options menu
> > > is correct (Central Time).  A record was just created and saved with
> > > today's date.  This same record was opened by another user in the
> > > Pacific Time Zone and the date shows 9/14 and not 9/15.
> >
> > > If another user creates a record in the Central time zone and is
> > > opened by a user in the Pacific Time Zone, the date will be correct.
> > > It must still be something on the user in the Central Time Zone's
> > > workstation.
> >
> > > Ideas?  Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

> > Scratch this.
> >
> > This is a global issue, not one workstation related.  Any user in the
> > Pacific Time Zone that opens up a record created by any user in the
> > Central Time Zone, date fields will show a date of yesterday (9/14)
> > and not today (9/15, if entered today).  To me, this is inaccurate
> > displayed in CRM, espiecially is users rely on on running reporting
> > that filter off these date fields.
> >
> > I understand how CRM saves records in UTC but in CRM, the dates are
> > misleading...???- Hide quoted text -

> Disregard this issue, it is a bug that is not native to CRM, but
> rather, custom development.

0
Tom7430 (437)

Switching Between Showing Formula Or Actual Result In A Cell ?
Hello: Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask. I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of numbers. Pretty sure I did it correctly. When i look at the cell that should have the Sum, I see the formula. How do I switch between this cell showing the formular and/or the Sum ? Thanks, Bob you may have missed the = sign from in front of your formula "Robert11" wrote: > Hello: > > Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask. > > I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of > numbers. &...

Difficulty of CRM install exam
I tend to find that the CRM install exam is not difficult having now taken it first hand, but granted it warrants quite a bit of study to get to pass standard - mind you is that a bad thing. I got 94% with 70% the minimum passmark. 70 questions, over 90 minutes - of which I used roughly 40 minutes of having started at 2pm and finishing about 2.40pm ish. This means I used 34 secs approx for each question - 1 minute 17 secs was the allowed per question. Failed on 4.2 questions ?! Some were a bit difficult to interpret though. Seems a bit too easy to me, though MS might have their reasons for ...

Copying a date format
when I've copied one cell (formatted in mmm-dd) into a different worksheet within the same workbook, I'm getting wierd results. For instance, From worksheet A, I've copied cell C1 (which is Oct-04) into worksheet B, cell A2. It copies fine, but when I go to change the date to 05/05, it comes out as Jan-00. The actuals cell now reads =05/2005. However, it's still formatted for the date. But I've never actually inputed an = sign. I've tried to just to special paste the format, but still get the same results. Any thoughts? Michele from Nextel Take a look at ...

date track based on svc cond.
Hello, I'm looking to track material out for repair by the type of service requested. In cell (G:2) will be the type of service: BCK = bench check = this will have a projected return date (I:2)within three days of the repair order date (H:2) REP = repaired = This will have a projected return date (I:2) within 7 days of the repair order date (H:2) OVH = overhaule = this will have a projected return date (I:2) within 14 days of the repair order date. With all this I would also like to include the warranty schedule from the date of the service reurn date(J2) BCK= no warranty REP= 90...

Date/Time class
I have date in this format as a string: 2005-01-06T08:31:29.016Z . Which class I should use to compare it with current time? CTime. - MR "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:%23$IAg698EHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I have date in this format as a string: 2005-01-06T08:31:29.016Z . > Which class I should use to compare it with current time? > You can use CTime or COleDateTime but which ever one you use you'll need to parse out the T and Z. Since this is Zulu time I assume it's 24 hour time. Personally, I would ...

Text Rotation
Hello, I want to draw into a DC some rotated text, drawing also the rectangle like the selection of that text. Everything works fine except...I cannot align the text vertically to the bottom of the rectangle. Function DrawText can do that but only for single line text. I've tried also to create a bitmap with the unrotated text and rotate that bitmap but the bitmap it's not transparent and the rotation is slow... Can anybody suggest me what to do? Thanks in advance! Absolom, If single-line DrawText can do what you want, you might try to use multiple calls to this function. Yo...

Error installing CRM 3.0 connector for GP 9.0
OK, I've been trying for days to get this installed (on a single server with SQL server 2000). Everything SEEMS to be running fine. Then about 10 minutes into the installation, it runs amok. The server load jumps to 100%, all virtual memory is consumed and about 11,000 processes are launched. It hangs at this point for about 15 minutes. You can see from the log what is going on: 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :Install :Creating integration database CRMIntegration30 12/3/2007 : 7:20:17 PM :INFO :RunSqlScripts :CreateIntegrationDb :Creating integration DB CRMIntegration30 12/3...

Date Formula #3
Is there a simple way to lookup a value using the day of the week a the criterion? From a list of dates, I want to see if there is statistical correlation if a certain event happens every, say, Tuesda rather than another day of the week. Something like this: A Mon. 5/17 Tues. 5/18 Wed. 5/19 (etc.) I want to lookup all values in this range that fall on Tuesday. tried AutoFilter/Custom/Contains but that didn't work. Can this b done? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Looking at your dates I see they are text and not True dates. In this case try AutoFil...

MATCH command does not work with dates
Hi, I have 2 excel worksheets assuming "sheet1" and "sheet2". example: Sheet1: user date1 date2 date3 date4 date5...dateN AA BB CC Sheet2: user data date1 date2 date3 date4 date5 dateN AA total 100 102............................................. AA mean 30 32.............................................. AA Average 31 35................................................ CC total........................................................................ CC mean..................................................

NDR's after Un-Installing CRM 3.0
I am getting an NDR for every email being sent after I removed CRM and the CRMrouter mailbox. How do I stop all the mail from routing to the CRMrouter mailbox? Hi, CRM Router basically deploys some server side script to user's mailbox to send a copy of email to CRMRouter mailbox. I guess you have uninstalled CRM and router without removing those scripts which you can easyly remove using CRM router. So you need to remove those scripts and i am not sure how can you do it without CRM router. May be someone at your place knows how to remove server side scirpt from mailbox. -- PLEASE d...

#Div/0 error, can't get rid of it
Hi Everyone I use this array formula and it works well, =IF(COUNT(J5:J36)<1,"",AVERAGE(IF(J5:J36>0,J5:J36,""))) But if I only have 0 in that column, I get #Div/0, I tried this version =IF(ISERROR(COUNT($K$5:$K$36)=0),"",AVERAGE(IF($K$5:$K$36>0,$K$5:$K$36,""))) but to no avail. Anyone can help me with this. Thanking you in advance John "John" <johnd@newlook.com> wrote: Subject: #Div/0 error, can't get rid of it > "John" <johnd@newlook.com> wrote in message news:u6sOMfOgKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNG...

Formulas using dates, pls help!
Hi all, A newbie here. I'm putting together a spreadsheet to track variou budgets. I am stumped. What I want to do is... I have two columns of data - projected budget and actual budget. (ie am tracking actual funds committed vs actually invoiced). I have thes in two columns. Under the 'invoiced?' column I have the cells with th default "N", which I will change to "Y" when an invoice is received an paid. I have used SUMIF to sum the 'Invoiced?' column total as a "N" i turned into a "Y". Well heres the question. I then want a thi...

MS CRM Connector for GP Standard?
Does the Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector for GP 9 work with GP standard? Or this it work with GP Professional only? This document claims that the connector will work with GP Standard http://www.3peaks.com/business_solutions/CRMConnectorGP_FAQ.pdf. Can anyone confirm or deny this claim? "Marco Alcala" wrote: > Does the Microsoft Dynamics CRM connector for GP 9 work with GP standard? Or > this it work with GP Professional only? I'm not sure if their built in one does or not personally. I know during our implimination process we will be using the Scribe connectors...

Hot do I Fix the number of records displayed on a report
I have a report that needs to show the top 10 sales opportunities. I have it setup and it works fine as long as there are actually 10 opportunities that get returned from the query. The problem is that if only 5 opportunities happen to exist, it only shows the 5 lines of opportunities. I need it to show blank lines for the other 5. I have it laid out so it looks like a table. The reason this is a problem, is that I actually have 3 different tables like this on a report one right after another. If one only shows 5 lines, instead of the 10 I have the space allocated for, it leave a big ...

Problem between SFO and MCAfee 8.0
Hi, We have a problem with SFO and Macfee 8.0. Because CRM access TEMP folder and McAfee block something in TEMP folder, I have an error message, I fond the solution in KB of Microsoft but it's not what we need. They ask to deactivate the part of scanning in temp folder, but, for security reason I need to keep this function of McAfee activate. Did somebody already had this proble? Sylvie We had this problem. According to Microsoft Support there is no other solution than allowing Outlook to access the temp folder. Ok thank you. And just in case, did you find a workaroung? "...

Duplication of Production CRM Install to Test environment
I was wondering if anyone had duplicated a Production CRM Install to a test environment to verify a 1.0 to 1.2 upgrade. We have to minimize down time and want to do a rehersal before we do it live (we have some customizations that may cause problems). I have not seen any procedures/recommendations that address this. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help in advance. We have used VMware in the past to do test/production environments. Bill >-----Original Message----- >I was wondering if anyone had duplicated a Production CRM >Install to a test environment to verify a 1....

SBS 2003 R2 Exchange MX Record?
To anyone who can help the now emotionally challenged..... Scenario: have SBS 2003 R2 installed and configured on network. Our current exchange is outsourced but am attempting to bring email in-house... slowly. We have 2 options - cut off the hosted exchange completely or utilize them as a backup server while our in-house exchange serves as the primary mail server. Problem is that I need to locate both the MX and A records. I have the IP for the A record but have yet to find anything within SBS 2003 indicating that it is an MX record. This is really becoming a tickler for me seeing...

Importing Tasks into CRM from Outlook
Is there any way to do this easily. I have alot of tasks in my present version of Oulook and do not want to cut an paste them into CRM. Suggestions? ...

CRM 3.0 install error
i've installed crm 3 onto our sbs 2003 server and got the following error: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. The 'Type' start tag on line '1' does not match the end tag of 'attribute'. Line 1, position 783940. any ideas what that means? something to do with install db at a guess ...

How do I get RSS feeds to show up in the Outlook 2003 RSS folder?
I want RSS feed subscriptions to come into my Outlook 2003 RSS folder (at work). I did this at home (same version of Outlook) but can't remember how. I subscribe to FeedDemon but was hoping to not have to open a separate program to see my RSS feeds. ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM config wizard
hi, getting this error message when inputting web addresses to use when trying connect to Microsoft CRM Server. client found response content type of", but expected text/xml. the request failed with an empty response. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Membership, Role and Profile: Silverlight RIA Service http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ee9d9436-5e3c-4cb5-9323-68bc8ba3e476/custom-membership-role-a.aspx ...

Business Portal Administration for GP 10.0
What would prevent a user who has BP Administrator permission from accessing the page to create a new BP user? VGrinam, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Users need to be set up in two places for security in BP 4.0 on GP 10.0. They need to be given a BP role (BP Administrator, Project Timesheet Creator, etc.). They also need to be added to the appropriate SharePoint groups (these match up one to one to the BP roles for the most part). The easiest way to think about this is the BP role gives you access to data in BP, the SharePoint groups give you access to the actual page. Do you ...

Check Store
Hi all, would appreciate any advice on this unusual incident. Problem. At store no. 1, when you invoked the 'check store' button, the 'check store' windows display the quantity at store 1 is "n/a'. When we check the quantity of that item at store no 1, there is a quantity of 10. How did this happen? Store no 2 created a transfer out. It synchronised with HQ. It was approved. Synchronised with Store no 1. Staff at Store No 1 open up the tranfer-in windows and performed a commit. Transfer-In status is now closed. Staff wanted to print labels but somehow the ...

CRM3.0: Was means "multi-user client" and "single-user-client"?
Hi folks, i am a sales person and prepare a presentation in CRM 3.0 for a customer. I have problems with understanding the outlook clients user-rights, what means in desktop outlook client the multi-user client-capability? Does this means, i have a desktop client for outlook, and many users can open a instance of this client, with different logins. For laptop client means single-user client, that just only one Instance of this client is allowed... Thank you in advance! best regards, taxi Hello, Sometimes several users share a single PC. This means users can login to the PC using...

Alerts not allowed for server resident calendar
We have a Small Business Exchange Server and run Office 2003. After we converted to the server-based Office, we no longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments. When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The reminder for [entry name] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK? See attached screen shot. Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks. Leo No screenshot necessary - the error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox folders. So you are using Terminal Services to access Outlook, correc...