CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?

Hi all,

A quick timeline before explaining my issue:
- We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data
from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated
from ACT!" to distinguish.
- Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging
when necessary, assigning to right owners...
- At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully.
- Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe)
successfully.
- A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0.
- A few months later, some users were complaining about data being
messed up.

What we are experiencing is:
- A group noticed that their CRM records reverted to their state from
the early days of CRM 3.0: Records that were merged together are now
un-merged; previous owners restored...
- Another set of users recently noticed the same thing; also, notes
that they added disappeared.

This is what I can tell so far and it is happening on a major scale!

Did anyone else experience this? Can you please help with me possible
causes/fixes?

Thank you.
0
msandid (65)
6/8/2009 7:21:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Synchronizing System State is stuck...
Appreciate ideas on how I can cancel a synchronization task of the System State for a server on DPM 2007 please. Running on a Win2003 Srvr R2 SP2, 1GB ram, 50+GB of free space on DPM servere hard drive. The server it is backing up is accessible locally or remotely, don't see any events giving me ideas for tackling this. Get following error if click on Stop protection of member: "Cannot perform remove member because the replica is not idel. (ID: 141) Wait for the ongoing job to complete or cancel the job in the Monitoring task area." Not able to cancel task i...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Vlookup returns "0"

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Duplicate E-Mail #4

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Topic- Implementation Methodology covered in CRM Exam!
Hi Next week I am apearing for Exam "CRM Instalation & confirguration". I am in doubt that cheptor "Implementation Methodology" is covered in Exam? I can not found above topic it in following course note! https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/trainin g/Certifications/exampreparation/MBS_CRM_Install_prep.htm#T opics Your answer will help me to Read above Topic for Exam point of View or note? Best regards Kesh Patel Kesh. I passed the "Installation & Configuration" (MS-03-010) exam yesterday. The "implementation methodology&q...

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...