CRM 4.0 Private/Public Views

How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0?  There are a bunch of system views
that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete.  I used to just make
them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0.  We
also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between
sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0.
If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views?

0
Tiffani (5)
10/17/2008 12:56:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In CRM 4 public views can not be hidden, these pages give a way it can be done.

http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2008/08/hiding-system-views-in-crm-40.html

http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug-in.html

Rob

"Tiffani" wrote:

> How do I make a view private in CRM 4.0?  There are a bunch of system views
> that we do not use and that we obviously cannot delete.  I used to just make
> them private in CRM 3.0, but I cannot figure out where to do that in 4.0.  We
> also have a lot of views that are private because they are shared between
> sales teams and it seems like the "private" option has disappeared for 4.0.
> If it is gone, what would I do to hide certain views?

0
RobMottram (202)

Install Fail CRM 3.0
I am having a problem with the CRM 3.0 install, an excerpt from my logfile is listed below. My setup is: The CRM box has the following installed: Windows 2003 Std Server MS SQL 2005 (with SSRS installed) Other Boxes: Another Server runs MS Excahnge Domain Controllers I have tried to install CRM to the local domain (Atlas) and to the OU both give this result. I have IIS running, I can browse to the default web., the SSRS Reports and ReportServer sites OK. I got thru the prerequisites OK. Excerpt of the logfile where it stops: 11:39:30|Verbose| Adding account NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK S...

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

Outlook 2000 won't start #4
All of a sudden my Outlook will not start up. The main window appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds with no error message. Scanpst found no problems. Virus protection is on (or it should have been) if my 4-year old didn't turn it off somehow. I tried re-installing Outlook but it didn't help. Funny thing I found was that my outlook.pst file is now in blue text rather than black. There's also a file called extend in the same folder in blue text as well. Also, the Outllook folder which houses the outlookpst file is in blue text and all the other folders are ...

View pointer in static function Help!!!
Help please , i need to implement a static function in CView derived class that must return to CDoc derived class the active view pointer...how can i do? i tried something similar CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CSdicap10View* pView = GetActiveView(); return pView; } it return error GetActiveView undeclared identifier or also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { return this; } but it return static member functions don't have this pointer and also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CFrameWnd * pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMa...

ability to view hotmail messages through outlook suddenly stopped
I have two email accounts, one that I access through my ISP and the other at Hotmail. Both email accounts have been set to open in Outlook (Outlook 2000 on Win XP OS). Until four days ago, I never had a problem viewing or responding to hotmail messages. Then suddenly, I could view the sender and subject of a message on the hotmail account viewed and formatted to work in Outlook, and I could delete an unread message, but I cannot open or view contents of any message received. Now I have to login to my hotmail account separately and view messages in a browser format, and it is driving me crazy....

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

View the Teams that the account is shared with
Hi All I urgently need to have a view of all the teams that a specific account is shared with, and possible the members of that team. Alternatively, I need a view of all the accounts that are shared with a specific team. I really can not believe that there is nowhere in the vanilla CRM that one can view the teams (and team members) that have access to an account. I will really appreciate any help or suggestions. Many Thanks Yolande du Preez MCP, MCSD, MCSE, MCDBA Yolande, When you are viewing an account record, you can go to Actions...Sharing to view all the Users and Teams that a...

CRM Mobile and language
Hi all, we have installed CRM 3.0 SBS in Italian language, and we'd like to use also CRM Mobile. The problem is that CRM Mobile is not available in Italian, and the installation requires the same language of CRM version installed on the server. Does someone know if the Italian version of CRM Mobile will be released? Thanks, Enrica Hi Enrica, AFAIK there are no plans to release MS CRM Mobile in other languagues. If you're willing to look for a commercial solution, our CWR Mobile CRM application works against any language CRM installation. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobi...

Outlook crashing #4
I have a user that is using Windows XP Professional with Office XP Professional. Whenever the user is attempting to access her SENT folder it crashes and shuts down Outlook. I've checked in the event viewer and the error is "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0. faulting module outllib.dll, version 10.0.6515.0, fault address 0x0003aadf" Event ID: 1000 Source: Microsoft Office 10 Type: Error Category: None I looked this error up on the Knowledgebase and it says that this is a known problem and the Office XP SP3 should fix this problem, I went ahead and i...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

view by name
Hello, I have a customer that manages someone else's mailbox. We have it mapped in her outlook as another mailbox in her profile and she has full rights to it. She needed to find a particular email that was sent to someone so she went to the sent items and viewed by "To" and typed in the person's name. There should have been 2 messages that came up as there were 2 that were sent to that person that day but only one shows up. If I view by date, then the other one shows up. Now this happens occassionanly, not just this time. Most of the time if she view's by "to" ...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

Money always forces 4 day lead time for electronic payments
My bank and I were trying to figure out why, when I order an online = payment for asap, it takes 4 (sometimes 5) business days to get paid, = but if I do it online at their website, it can be done the next business = day, or at most 2 days. Once I sync money by connecting to the bank = through money, it downloads the payment and has the right day on it. Question: Why does money not allow you to choose an earlier date for = epays (as opposed to check pays)? Any setting to change this behavior? = Thanks The bank actually determines that. If Money is using the bank's bill pay service, t...

CRM V3C "View in CRM" Issues on Office 2007 / Vista
I believe I've seen a few posts for this issue, but I couldn't find a resolution. I've got CRM V3C installed on Office 2007 / Vista. For each item (Contacts, Emails, Tasks, Appt's), each time I hit "Track in CRM" and "Set Regarding/Parent" it works fine - as it does create the appropriate record in CRM and create the correct "Regarding" Relationship. The problem is whenever I hit "View in CRM", it's opening a blank screen with the following URL "https:// crm//_root/stage.aspx" This is happening if I select a Contact, ...

User accidentally removed Microsoft CRM hierarchy in Outlook
How do I get it back? ...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

Error while installing language pack in MS CRM 4.0
Hello people, Downloaded and installed a couple of language packs succesfully in MS CRM 4.0. However, when I log into the CRM interface to actually activate the language pack I get an error when I try that. When I look at the application log in Windows, I can see the following error coming form the MSCRMWebService: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.LocalizedLabel' with unique index 'ndx_LocalizedLabel_ForSingleSelect'. The statement has been terminated. Anyobdy a suggestion ? Many thanks in advance ! Regards, Mav. I have...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Missing Transactions #4
I have been using Money Deluxe and Automatic Updates for my WaMu checking account for a few months now. Looking at my account, I am missing about a four day period. There are no transactions there at all. I ran the quick repair on the file and deleted my temporary internet files with no luck. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks! I am having the same problem. I am using Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business and transactions for the month of February are not downloading even though they have cleared my WaMu account. I ran the quick repair and deleted my temporary files with n...

CRM integration with SAP R3
Hi, I'd like to know if is possible to integrate microsoft dynamics CRM with SAP R3 and wich is the best way to do. Is the any connector available? Thanks. Hi, Integration is possbile through custom development but currently there is no third party connector availalbe in market. You may use biztalk for integration or do custome integration using CRM SDK. For detatails: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/mar06/03-27Convergence2006CRMPR.mspx You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post ...