CRM 4.0 on named instance of SQL?

Hi;

From the Planning guide:

"Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server now supports a named instance of SQL Server
when you add or create organization databases"

Does that mean that only the databases for new organizations are supported
in a named instance, or can the entire installation (config database also)
be on a named instance?

Thanks

Dave

0
direland (470)
1/31/2008 12:20:07 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_3049D092

Hi Dave

Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.

This means that both MSCRM_CONFIG database and organization database can be
installed on a named instance. Meanwhile you are not allowed to install
those databases separately in different SQL instances. Those databases need
to be installed in the same instance.

Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_3049D092

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi Dave
\par
\par Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.
\par
\par This means that both MSCRM_CONFIG database and organization database can be installed on a named instance. Meanwhile you are not allowed to install those databases separately in different SQL instances. Those databases need to be installed in the same instance.
\par
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3049D092--

0
kenakamu (203)
1/31/2008 2:01:09 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_42CB7FBD

Hi there!

Checking in to see how this is going.
Is there is anything else we can do for you on this topic?

Have a great week!
Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_42CB7FBD

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20
\par Hi there!
\par
\par Checking in to see how this is going.
\par Is there is anything else we can do for you on this topic?
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_42CB7FBD--

0
kenakamu (203)
2/5/2008 7:26:37 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_16B4D8CE

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_16B4D8CE

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_16B4D8CE--

0
kenakamu (203)
2/7/2008 5:01:27 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_1A225382

Hi there

I'm e-mailing you that I will close this post today. Thank you for using
the newsgroup.

Kind regards,
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_1A225382

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par I'm e-mailing you that I will close this post today. Thank you for using the newsgroup.
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1A225382--

0
kenakamu (203)

Categories #4
Help, I am new to this! How do I get MS Money to assign category to a transaction based on Payee?? Seems like it can do it for manually entered ones, but not for downloaded transactions Thanks Roger ...

Fun with SQL and CRM Help needed
Ok. I've been tasked with setting the "Address Name" for every contact equal to the name of the parent company. I know I can write an SQL query to do this, I just can't figure out where the relationship is between contacts accounts and the customeraddressbase table. So, heres what I need to do: Open Contact, Get Contacts Parent Customer Name, Put Parent Customer Name into Address Name for the contacts main address. The database is relatively new, we just finished a very botched import from ACT! not to long ago. this is the latest "Fix" that I've been asked to...

HOW DO i ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOL (NOT NAMES) IN EXCEL
HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Please don't type in ALL CAPS. It is considered to be "shouting" and rude. Example??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GERRIREN" <GERRIREN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D108A6-2909-49C9-9F92-E110FC900A6B@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Select all of the cells involved in all columns and rows, then use Data Sort and it will lead you through the process. "GERRIREN" wrote: > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHO...

WINDOWS folder 4.5GB Is it normal?
Hi On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spesified...Is this healthy and/or normal? Is there any way i can reduce this size WITHOUT CASING PROBLEMS/ISSUES OF ANY KIND on my server. thanks for the ideas. Sounds about right. If you've cached web pages offline, you can delete them. Pretty much anything else could potentially be a problem or issue down the road. "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:uGyC9GYhHHA.4680@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spe...

Move CRM databases
We have MS CRM 3.0, Reporting Services, and CRM/ReportServer databases on a single server. We now want to move the CRM and Reporting services databases to a SQL Server 2000 cluster. Anyone know if there is a tool to do this or do we need to move them manually and update the database and metabase keys in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM ? Thanks There is no tool to do thisa automatically. YOu can read the Implementation Guide where it talks about disaster recovery. Basically you can restore your database to a new sql server and then point your crm web server at the new sql system by...

Proactive Alerts in CRM
Is there a way to set up alerts or notifications if certain things are happening in the CRM. Such as a date being overdue, a person tried to get into a section they are not supposed to, etc. Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Workflows should be able to do most of the alerting about things being overdue to either send an email or create a task People cannot get into anything they are not supposed to. If they are locked out of say... invoices through security, the option does not even appear. Kyle Conquy wrote: > Is there a way to set up alerts or notifications if ...

Planning to Upgrade Great Plains eEnterprise 6.0 to version 9.0
Hi Planning to upgrade from version eenterprise 6.0 running on SQL7.0 to Dynamics 9.0 on SQL 2005 anyone has done it? if so please post. Thx We have done it several times already. We can do it for you. inquire@flogility.com "Plam-Admin" wrote: > Hi Planning to upgrade from version eenterprise 6.0 running on SQL7.0 to > Dynamics 9.0 on SQL 2005 anyone has done it? if so please post. > > Thx Plam, I have done upgrades from 6. to 9.0 Tips: Always print reports before and after each version upgraded and compare. Backup the Reports Dictionary. Create a package file...

CRM and Small Business Financials
Has anyone heard through the grapevine about any plans for CRM and Small Business Financials in the future? SBF would be a great product for us, but we find a gaping hole in that there doesn't seem to be any type of Sales Force Automation or CRM option that works with SBF. Why would any company with a sales force switch to SBF back end without a front end option as well? Seems like MS missed the boat on that one! -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

>>>Live Chat
On October 4, 2007, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host an Open Forum Live Chat. In this chat, our experts will take questions on any Microsoft Dynamics RMS topic. If we get a high volume of questions during the Open Forum chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within the chat timeframe. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the using page.http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using Si...

Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (client)
We recently moved our deployment from one server to another. We were having issues this morning and when I started to look into things like are the services running, I notices two instances of Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service. 1) Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service 2) Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (client) Does anyone have any idea what the 2nd one is? I've never seen that before. Jim Have you installed microsoft data migration manager ? if i recall my memory the second one is because of data migration manager . ------ Aamir Blog : http://ms...

Smartlist builder SQL problem
Hi, I have been trying to create a calculated field in the smartlist builder in Dynamics GP. The calculated field is supposed to show the amount of time until a service call runs out of SLA. The actual code for that works fine ( see the @SLA section of the code). But I also need it to have it so that before it returns a time it checks to see if there is any data in the arrival date and time columns, if there is data in there then it should just say "LA Met". Also some of the rows do not have SLAs and they return a number: 955138:39 I want to set the calculated field to displa...

Can't installt IBF on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name crm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://crm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. but i can access "http://crm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://crm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? ...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Someone's using my domain name to send e-mails
I came into work this morning and I received an e-mail from myself. An e-mail I never sent. From: Annsmith@mydomain.com To: Annsmith@mydomain.com How is this possible?. The message was for weight loss pills. I look after the computers in the office so I have to find an answer for this problem. Also, last week, an employee received and e-mail from someone using our domain name. jim@mydomain.com. Right away I knew it was fake because we don't use that kind of naming convention here at the office and I'm the only one who sets up the e-mail addresses. We use Outlook 2000 and excha...

How to Connect to SQL Server??
Dears: Earlier today, I had to change strategies for retrieving information that I need for a utility program I am working on. Essentially, the program performs some low level Windows profile translations as we move to a new domain structure (AD) and a new standardized ID convention. We presently have two formats of standardized user IDs: one in our pre-merger format and used with the older NT domains, and a new standardized user ID. I have a table in SQL Server 2000 that contains two fields, one for each type of ID, and the table contains approximately 275,000 rows. This program is going t...

Outlook slow saving attachments to nt 4.0 server
After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2000 is extremely slow in saving attachments to a Windows nt 4.0 server with Service Pack 6.0a. All service packs and updates were installed in both Outlook and Windows XP. Any suggestions?? Ben Horwich ...

Problem logging in to CRM by a not-Admin user
I am having a problem logging in for certain CRM users. If they don't belong to a local CRM server administrators group, they cannot log in. They get, I believe, 403.1 error. Once added to that local group, they can log in just fine. CRM site is configured as the trusted site to use curent AD username and password. CRM is set to use Windows intergated authentication. I have an open incident with IIS group without much luck. I believe the problem is within a user. Does he (she) have to belong to a special group to gain access to CRM? P.S. Integrated HF is applied. are they using th...

Named mutex behaviour
I am using a named mutex and have a question about its behaviour when used within the same process multiple times AND across processes. The named mutex I am using, is used by another process in the system. Within my own process I am using a dll which also is making use of the mutex. If I dont use the dll there isnt a problem and things work out as illustrated in scenario 1 below. Scenario 1 Process1 Process2 CreateMutex Wait CreateMutex Do Work Wait | | | | Release Do Work ...

Q: Re: Title in front of person's name..
As I enter names in Outlook 2000, I would like their title to appear before their name in both the contact listing, and when I send an email.. example... Dr. Joe Smith... instead of just Joe Smith.. and then having to click 'Full Name' to reveal the title of Dr. Also, is their a way to add additional titles to the list? I also deal with religious that use Sr. (Sister) and Fr. (Father), as well as Deacon... thanks! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2
Hi! We are using mscrm 1.2 successfully for a while now (no mail router, no outlook client). Now we tried to integrate it into our exchange environment using the outlook client. Online is working fine but the offline functionality isn't working. Obviously the local msde- database is not getting any data. The error message is: "Metadata-Cache error, No entity!" The log says: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E00. Error Message: Exception...

Get name of active sheet
I have one sheet in my workbook named "Work Data". If this sheet is active, then the following expression Application.ActiveSheet.Name .... will return a string of "Work Data". However, I don't want the name of the string in the sheet tab, I want the name from my VBA project window (named Sheet1). How can I retrieve the VBA name of my sheet?? thank u Application.ActiveSheet.CodeName Be aware though that newly added sheets since the workbook was opened while the VBE is closed will not have a codeName. There are various workarounds to force one, ...

Add a list of words in a senders name to rule?
I would like to create a "cleanup" rule to run periodically. I would like to be able to put a list of domain names in a list, then have a rule where if any of those domain names are in the sender name they will be moved into the deleted folder. I get a lot of mail that I don't want to filter, but don' necessarily read everday either, and it mounts up. So, it would be nice if once ever couple of months I could go in,run the cleanup rule and clear the old ones out. -Jim You can do this by creating a rule that looks for "specific words in the sender's address"...

How do I insert ISBN numbers starting with 0?
Hi Chris couple of ways select the range where the ISBN numbers are going into and choose format / cells - text or enter them using an ' in front of each one (e.g. '0123123213) the ' won't show when printed or viewed or enter them with spaces or non-numeric characters Let us know how you go Cheers JulieD "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3E6FF7-F452-4F74-AD10-23B0D8A4325A@microsoft.com... > be a little respectful when asking for help. write the query in the body of the message. -- icestationzbra -------------------...

Where to get Data Migration Framework 3.0
Can someone tell me where to download the Data Migration Framework version that works with MS CRM 3.0? Thanks in advance Dear Samuele, "Samuele Marconcini" wrote: > Can someone tell me where to download the Data Migration > Framework version that works with MS CRM 3.0? See: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/dfb1fef18647c6e2/ Cheers Arne Janning Thanks Arne. ...

Business Portal 2.0 Installation on GP 7.5
Hello Everyone, Has anybody successfully implemented Business Portal in their systems? I have set up Business Portal on a notebook which acts as the application server, web server as well as terminal server for demo purposes. I have tried to access the Great Plains windows from the tasks hyperlink in each center but I failed. I get error messages. I am also not able to view published FRx reports from the portal. It seems that I need to know SharePoint to modify the pages & web parts but I am unable to find any relevant helpful documentation. Can anybody help me? Regards, Saras ...