CRM 4.0 -- New Activity Type?

I know the issue of creating new activity types has been dealt with
and swatted down regarding CRM <= 3.0, but anybody know if it's
finally possible in 4.0?

Microsoft, if you're listening, why isn't this happening? I've seen
posts requesting the ability to create new Activity types since
1.0...?

Thanks!

-Gus
0
gwelter (6)
3/23/2008 1:22:33 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nope - still the same

If you think about it it isnt really as easy as you might think.

"Gus" <gwelter@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I know the issue of creating new activity types has been dealt with
> and swatted down regarding CRM <= 3.0, but anybody know if it's
> finally possible in 4.0?
>
> Microsoft, if you're listening, why isn't this happening? I've seen
> posts requesting the ability to create new Activity types since
> 1.0...?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Gus

0
p0911 (103)
3/23/2008 11:36:01 AM
On Mar 23, 6:36 am, "Peter Hale" <p0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Nope - still the same
>
> If you think about it it isnt really as easy as you might think.
>
> "Gus" <gwel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I know the issue of creating new activity types has been dealt with
> > and swatted down regarding CRM <= 3.0, but anybody know if it's
> > finally possible in 4.0?
>
> > Microsoft, if you're listening, why isn't this happening? I've seen
> > posts requesting the ability to create new Activity types since
> > 1.0...?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > -Gus

Come on, get with the times, it's all about instant gratification :D~
0
gwelter (6)
3/25/2008 3:55:48 AM
lol

> On Mar 23, 6:36 am, "Peter Hale" <p0...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Nope - still the same
>>
>> If you think about it it isnt really as easy as you might think.
>>
>> "Gus" <gwel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I know the issue of creating new activity types has been dealt with
>> > and swatted down regarding CRM <= 3.0, but anybody know if it's
>> > finally possible in 4.0?
>>
>> > Microsoft, if you're listening, why isn't this happening? I've seen
>> > posts requesting the ability to create new Activity types since
>> > 1.0...?
>>
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> > -Gus
>
> Come on, get with the times, it's all about instant gratification :D~

0
p0911 (103)

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

crm consultant needed asap

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Status Bar #4
Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the Excel Status Bar which allows you to select a range of cells and view the Sum, Average etc of those cells? Thanks. It's the AutoCalculate feature: AutoCalculate feature is working even if that feature is turned off http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=325703 XL7: CTRL+Click Selected Cell Changes AutoCalculate Value http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=133050 Alex wrote: > Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the > Excel St...

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Speeing up searches in CRM
When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way to improve the search response time? I'm wondering if there is a config setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL tables, any ideas?!??! Thanks. To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en http://...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...