CRM 4.0 Mobile Client

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a Mobile Client for CRM 4.0.

What I mean by Mobile is something that will work on a windows powered
mobile device such as a PDA.

Thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi David;

I've asked the question a few times now and there has been no release date
offered yet.  There is one coming, just not sure when.  If anyone else has
an update, please post it!

Dave Ireland

"David Hodgson" <david.hodgson@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a Mobile Client for CRM 4.0.
>
> What I mean by Mobile is something that will work on a windows powered
> mobile device such as a PDA.
>
> Thanks

0
direland (470)
3/19/2008 3:17:26 PM
Microsoft announced an update to CRM Mobile Express for 4.0 that they
will support (instead of just putting it on CodePlex). They said it
would be released "very soon". I haven't seen a working version on
Convergence however, so I don't know how soon that will be.

There are no plans, at least not that I know of, to upgrade CRM Mobile
(the offline client) to CRM 4.0 in the near future.

I don't know if you're only looking for the MS solution or if you are
also interested in 3rd party solutions. We just announced our mobile
client for CRM 4.0 at Convergence Orlando and it will be available
before the end of this month.

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility BV

"CWR Mobile CRM, the mobile client for CRM 3 and 4!"
--

On 19 mrt, 16:17, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> Hi David;
>
> I've asked the question a few times now and there has been no release date=

> offered yet. =A0There is one coming, just not sure when. =A0If anyone else=
 has
> an update, please post it!
>
> Dave Ireland
>
> "David Hodgson" <david.hodg...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > Does anyone know if there is a Mobile Client for CRM 4.0.
>
> > What I mean by Mobile is something that will work on a windows powered
> > mobile device such as a PDA.
>
> > Thanks- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

"David Hodgson" <david.hodgson@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a Mobile Client for CRM 4.0.
What I was told by Microsoft is approx +180 days after MSCRM 4.0 release or
sooner.
If you can handle the web express it works great with MSCRM 4.0 still
(default site only though for enterprise deployments).

--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

0
robert4502 (52)
3/19/2008 5:03:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the input, luckily I am only in the R&D stages of going mobile
with CRM.

We have a force of engineers and sales guys that would benefit from having
access to customers details while on the road.

The way I see this working is for the guys/gals on the road to have a Phone
based PDA with a data connection, something running lets say Windows Mobile
6, so they will have access to Mobile IE.

Correct me if I am wrong but is there already a mobile feature built in to
CRM 4 as I could swear I have seen that you add /m to some of the pages and
get a cut down version?

Thanks

"Robert MacLean" <robert@sadev.co.za> wrote in message
> "David Hodgson" <david.hodgson@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if there is a Mobile Client for CRM 4.0.
> What I was told by Microsoft is approx +180 days after MSCRM 4.0 release
> or sooner.
> If you can handle the web express it works great with MSCRM 4.0 still
> (default site only though for enterprise deployments).
>
> --
> Robert MacLean
> http://www.sadev.co.za

Is this coming out, the prices for the clients from 3rd party
application developers are border-line extortion.
0
chad6985 (2)
3/22/2008 10:32:28 PM
On 22 mrt, 23:32, c...@g-sky.com wrote:
> Is this coming out, the prices for the clients from 3rd party
> application developers are border-line extortion.

I hear what you are saying... If you cannot make a good ROI and define
a real use case, those prices might be high compared to a 'free'
version from Microsoft.

We (CWR Mobility) have introduced a new price level (50% of the
original price) to give you all the functionality CRM has, but limits
the use of our SDK.
This way you can have all the CRM functionality on your PDA at a
reasonable price.

If you have any questions, please have a look at our website
(www.cwrmobility.com).

(To those who might think this is an advertisement... He was attacking
us on price, so I had to defend ;) )

Regards,

Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility BV
0
vanhoof (7)
4/8/2008 10:46:32 PM
Erik - Your post is completely appropriate at this point in time - Microsoft
has no mobile client and you do (in fact your product is one of the
'recommend' products from Microsoft currently.

As such, it is not an advertisement, but rather a solution....

--
Fortis
www.webfortis.com

"Erik @ CWR Mobility" wrote:

> On 22 mrt, 23:32, c...@g-sky.com wrote:
> > Is this coming out, the prices for the clients from 3rd party
> > application developers are border-line extortion.
>
> I hear what you are saying... If you cannot make a good ROI and define
> a real use case, those prices might be high compared to a 'free'
> version from Microsoft.
>
> We (CWR Mobility) have introduced a new price level (50% of the
> original price) to give you all the functionality CRM has, but limits
> the use of our SDK.
> This way you can have all the CRM functionality on your PDA at a
> reasonable price.
>
> If you have any questions, please have a look at our website
> (www.cwrmobility.com).
>
> (To those who might think this is an advertisement... He was attacking
> us on price, so I had to defend ;) )
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility BV

0
fortis1 (66)
4/13/2008 5:56:02 PM
Erik - what is the new pricing for the limited version?

Dan @ Inetium

"Erik @ CWR Mobility" wrote:

> On 22 mrt, 23:32, c...@g-sky.com wrote:
> > Is this coming out, the prices for the clients from 3rd party
> > application developers are border-line extortion.
>
> I hear what you are saying... If you cannot make a good ROI and define
> a real use case, those prices might be high compared to a 'free'
> version from Microsoft.
>
> We (CWR Mobility) have introduced a new price level (50% of the
> original price) to give you all the functionality CRM has, but limits
> the use of our SDK.
> This way you can have all the CRM functionality on your PDA at a
> reasonable price.
>
> If you have any questions, please have a look at our website
> (www.cwrmobility.com).
>
> (To those who might think this is an advertisement... He was attacking
> us on price, so I had to defend ;) )
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility BV

0
DSchultz (1)
5/27/2008 7:18:45 PM
Hi Dan,

Pricing can be found at our website: http://www.cwrmobility.com/Products/Pri=
cing/tabid/92/Default.aspx

While you are at it, download a free 30-day trial and see why it is
worth the money :)

Kind regards,

Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility BV

On May 27, 9:18=A0pm, D Schultz <DSchu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Erik - what is the new pricing for the limited version?
>
> Dan @ Inetium
>
> "Erik @ CWR Mobility" wrote:> On 22 mrt, 23:32, c...@g-sky.com wrote:
> > > Is this coming out, the prices for the clients from 3rd party
> > > application developers are border-line extortion.
>
> > I hear what you are saying... If you cannot make a good ROI and define
> > a real use case, those prices might be high compared to a 'free'
> > version from Microsoft.
>
> > We (CWR Mobility) have introduced a new price level (50% of the
> > original price) to give you all the functionality CRM has, but limits
> > the use of our SDK.
> > This way you can have all the CRM functionality on your PDA at a
> > reasonable price.
>
> > If you have any questions, please have a look at our website
> > (www.cwrmobility.com).
>
> > (To those who might think this is an advertisement... He was attacking
> > us on price, so I had to defend ;) )
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Erik van Hoof
> > CWR Mobility BV

0
vanhoof (7)
5/27/2008 9:42:37 PM
I agree the price is paramont to highway robbery.

"Erik @ CWR Mobility" wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Pricing can be found at our website: http://www.cwrmobility.com/Products/Pricing/tabid/92/Default.aspx
>
> While you are at it, download a free 30-day trial and see why it is
> worth the money :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility BV
>
> On May 27, 9:18 pm, D Schultz <DSchu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Erik - what is the new pricing for the limited version?
> >
> > Dan @ Inetium

> > > I hear what you are saying... If you cannot make a good ROI and define
> > > a real use case, those prices might be high compared to a 'free'
> > > version from Microsoft.
> >
> > > We (CWR Mobility) have introduced a new price level (50% of the
> > > original price) to give you all the functionality CRM has, but limits
> > > the use of our SDK.
> > > This way you can have all the CRM functionality on your PDA at a
> > > reasonable price.
> >
> > > If you have any questions, please have a look at our website
> > > (www.cwrmobility.com).
> >
> > > (To those who might think this is an advertisement... He was attacking
> > > us on price, so I had to defend ;) )
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > Erik van Hoof
> > > CWR Mobility BV

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

reply #4
When I am replying to a massage it does not get mark down as replied, any ideas? "mike" <metzioni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2005b01c4589e$be684cc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I am replying to a massage it does not get mark down > as replied, any ideas? That's because you are using the Web interface. If you need to see which posts you have replied to, then you need to use a News reader. Try OE for starters, go here to see how to set it up. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=171164&product=oex ...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

Why does 62 KB translate into 4.2 MB in Publisher?
When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from ~275 KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Let me guess - Publisher 2000? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher induced baldness" <Publisher induced baldness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED85165-A29E-44AA-AFE6-4F5A5D518991@microsoft.com... > When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from > ~275 > KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Publisher 2000 doesn't support compression. PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Purchase Order 2.0.0127
Am I the only one having issues with the upgrade? 1) I create a purchase order 2) I click on add item 3) I type in the supplier ILC, and nothing comes up (ONLY on some items)! 4) I click on all items, and find the item, and add it! 5) When I click on OK the item is added to the purchase order, along with the supplier ILC! OR When I click on all items, even though the item may be in the database, I can't find it to add to the PO, unless I close out the PO and re-open it??? This started happening only since I upgraded the the 2.0.0127! -- Thank You Vince :) -- Thank You Vince :) Yes...

format cell #4

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Exchange client alternative ?
I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities. I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas. Thanks Peretz Stern Hi Peretz, You could use Outlook Express with different identities or you could use Outlook 2000 or above with a seperate profile for each user. You could go ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

OWA Premium Client Not Displaying Correctly
Hello, I wonder whether anyone has seen this problem before because i would really appreciate any help on this one please. I have six Exchange 2003 servers in my organisation and there are two Exchange servers in three sites. Four of the Exchange servers are running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 [With Exchange SP1]. The front-end server is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Users with mailboxes on those four Back-End Exchange servers do not have any problems using OWA. The two Exchange servers on my site are using Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Exc...

Freeze Panes #4
I would like to know if it's possible to freeze panes without the 'freeze panes lines' appearing on the screen... TIA Stewart MOS Excel Expert (not good enough though!) You might try this. In this instance you would want to place cursor at c7 first. Sub setarea() ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "$b6:h14" 'ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "" 'to reset End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stewart Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68d501c42eb5$247f5760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would li...

Mobile Inv.
Anyone know where I can find a mobile INV. & MGR. package that wont cost me an arm and a leg. We are on a tight budget after the expense of the new POS & I dont have $1500-$2000 to spend on this. I have found some SYMBOL handhelds on Ebay and NewEgg, so I guess I'm looking for anyone woh may have used a Do It yourself solution, software advice & any other suggestions. Thanks. -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. Hi David, We have used custom solution done in our company with PHP server hooked up with RMS. It's not very advanced but gives you info on iPhone about stock levels ...

Quotes, orders and invoices all crash CRM!
I have a post update callout process which I have attached to the update event on the quote, order and invoice. Having attached the process whenever I attempt to read an existing quote, order or invoice or to save a new quote, order or invoice CRM presents its 'an error has occurred please contact your system administrator' message. Normally in this case I would check the event viewer but in this case it is completely empty! The callout process as it's first action logs a message to a file just so that I can monitor the progress and this is not happening so it appears that the pro...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...

OWA #4
Can't seem to open attachements through outlook web access. ...

Need Training in office for CRM in Toronto, Onatrio
We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant that does CRM training. They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you Jasmine On Dec 18, 4:36 pm, Jasmine <Jasm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just purchased the CRM. Can anyone refer a Microsoft partner/consultant > that does CRM training. > They need to be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. > Thank you > Jasmine Hi Jasmine, I am part of the largest Microsoft CRM partner in the world. We have offices across North America and are very tightly integrated to the Microsoft CRM Produc...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...