CRM 4.0 mail merge recipients list is blank?

I am using CRM 4.0 and it is a big improvement on 3.0. I'm having trouble
with the mail merge though in that I select a recipient from the contacts
list, click on mail merge and select an organisation template (any of these).
I check the data fields and these are tiicked, but when I click OK and get
the Mail Merge Recipients window, the list is blank and when I complete the
merge, none of the fields are populated? Please help.
0
Shaun (103)
4/7/2008 5:30:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We are experiencing the same issue, but it is not consistent.  My user was
working fine, then it stopped working, then it worked, and now it is failing.

We have a contact open (or highlighted in the list view), select a template
that we know worked in the past.  There is a window that sometimes shows the
data fields in a small popup table window, but row 1 is blank.  When it
works, the row would have the contact's data.

Any ideas?
--
Steve Luc
Senior Consultant

"Shaun" wrote:

> I am using CRM 4.0 and it is a big improvement on 3.0. I'm having trouble
> with the mail merge though in that I select a recipient from the contacts
> list, click on mail merge and select an organisation template (any of these).
> I check the data fields and these are tiicked, but when I click OK and get
> the Mail Merge Recipients window, the list is blank and when I complete the
> merge, none of the fields are populated? Please help.
I have had this same problem. I found that new records that had been
directly inserted into crm 4.0 after the upgrade worked fine.

I then found that all converted data from 3.0 were set to "Do not
allow" Mail. I updated all records through a workflow and it not works
fine. Recipient list functions as normal.

Let me know if this helps.
0
victoriap (2)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Event 9327
I have just installed two new Exchange 2003 servers in Mixed mode with two old Exchange 5.5 boxes. I'm having two problems that I think are related. I have a user who gets the following message in his Inbox: 13:34:36 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 13:34:37 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Kuyper, Steve (ESC)' 13:34:37 Done 13:34:37 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 13:34:37 0X8004010F On my server, I get the following: Event ID: 9327 Description: OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event lo...

E-mail Router and Mail Delivery
All, I recently setup a router to with CRM 4.0 online but I'm running into problems with e-mail taking a very long time to be received. Is anyone running into this problem. I did see earlier posts but there was no solutions. Also, does anyone know if the router handles tracking if the user is setup with tracking for account, lead, etc... That is not working either for me. Thanks in advance for your support. Jamal When e-mail is generated through CRM, it goes into a pending status and then is delivered later usually about every 15 minutes. I don't completely understand ...

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Vlookup returns "0"

Outlook Freezes when opening e mails
Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes and the the only way to get back into it is to end task on it and re open. As the user you can not delete the message. As an administrator you can open the users mailbox and delete the message for them. We are using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000 clients. Thanks Try removing the profile thru control panel>mail>show profiles and then recreating the profile. >Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message >that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes a...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Setting up a new e-mail account

Can I view e-mail in Exchange?
Help! My IT guys are not here and I need to know if I can view e-mail from the Exchange server. I just found some porn stored on my GoldMine e-mail server and want to see if I can trace it to a certain mail recipient. Is it posible??? Thanks! Jen you cannot view the email except via OWA or Outlook, accessing the mailbox...but you can perform a message trace...what version Exchange? "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D34C6913-D507-4B58-91E9-4EDB211D737D@microsoft.com... > Help! My IT guys are not here and I need to know if I can view e-mail fro...

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...