CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase fields

Hello,

I'm attempting to dump out the fields from the Knowledgebase section of the
CRM to eventually use them for our customer knowledgebase on our web site,
but am having a difficult time handling one of the fields.  The field in
question is called "articlexml"  and if I dump them out via SQL, it contains
what appears to be some xml related data.  ...I'm not good enough at my
parsing skills to remove it, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight to
this issue.

Here is a sample of one of the entries in that filed (some content removed
for simplicity)

<articledata><section id='0'><content><![CDATA[I would like to have
licenses.  Is there a way to do that?  ]]></content></section><section
id='1'><content><![CDATA[Yes.  This can be done.   It will
mgr.   Install the key  or WLMAdmin licenses.
]]></content></section></articledata>

--
Sketchy
0

On Jan 22, 10:29=A0am, sketchy <sket...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to dump out the fields from the Knowledgebase section of t=
he
> CRM to eventually use them for our customer knowledgebase on our web site=
,
> but am having a difficult time handling one of the fields. =A0The field i=
> question is called "articlexml" =A0and if I dump them out via SQL, it con=
tains
> what appears to be some xml related data. =A0...I'm not good enough at my
> parsing skills to remove it, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight=
> this issue. =A0
>
> Here is a sample of one of the entries in that filed (some content remove=
> for simplicity)
>
> <articledata><section id=3D'0'><content><![CDATA[I would like to have
> licenses. =A0Is there a way to do that? =A0]]></content></section><sectio=
> id=3D'1'><content><![CDATA[Yes. =A0This can be done. =A0 It will
The
> mgr. =A0 Install the key =A0or WLMAdmin licenses. =A0 =A0 =A0
> ]]></content></section></articledata>
>
> --
> Sketchy

Hi Sketchy,

The ArticleXML field in the database looks like it's a VARCHAR which
means it can be parsed like a string in SQL.  So you can use the
substring method like so:

select substring(<column name>, index of first character, index of
last character) from kbarticlebase

eg: select substring(articlexml, 0, 30) from kbarticlebase

but if you don't always know the index values, then another option is
if you want the value in the ![CDATA]

select substring(articlexml, charindex('A[', articlexml) + 2, charindex
(']]', articlexml) - (charindex('A[', articlexml)+2)) from
kbarticlebase

As you can see it gets a bit hairy, but the other alternative is to
create a SQL function you can call that will strip out what you need.
There are other string functions that might help as well.  I hope I
pointed you in the right direction, good luck!

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

Track in CRM function
Hello. Upon selecting the “Track In CRM” button from the CRM line in Outlook I have two questions based on situation: 1) If the contact exists in CRM it appears to attach the email but provides no notice unless you try to attach it again? True? 2) If the contact does not exist it attaches the email where? In v1.2 it opened a window and made the user create a record. I think it is attaching or tracking the email in CRM somewhere because trying to do it again, I'm asked if you want to attach/track it again. Does this make sense? By the way, we are using CRM 3.0 Thanks. After c...

Excel Formulae #4
I've been trying hard to find a formula which would enable me (from one cell) to Add several cells and Subtract the answer from another cell (subtracting items of expenditure from a starting total). I could manage this with Lotus - but Excel does not seem to behave the same. Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken. One way: Say you wanted to subtract A1, A2, A3, J4 and N5 from L6: =L6-SUM(A1:A3,J4,N5) In article <173d01c3fbd6$3df0f300$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "KenS." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been trying hard ...

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

About FRx 6.7 for Great Plains 8.0
"Table Failed to Open" has been prompted after generating the report even I was using the sample provided. How could it be solved? Hi Alexis, This sounds like a connection problem with your database(s), maybe both the samples andd/or your live GP data. Are you able to quickly perform a "dump" of the chart of accounts in a new row format. Steps = New Row Format >> Edit >> Add Rows from chart of accounts You may also want to check your settings under: Company >> Information and confirm that your ODBC settings are correct ( or pervasive if you are ...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Microsoft Query #4
I receive message SQL0104 when changing a column heading in Microsoft Query while using the Client Access ODBC driver to connet to an iSeries 400 server. I have been informed by IBM that this is a problem with Microsoft's Query in that it incorrectly quotes the new Column Heading name before sending it to the ODBC Driver . Is anyone aware of a update or solution? Thanks Nick Thanks everyone, I just located the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 298955, I followed the procedures below, and the SQL0104 error went away. 1. Quit all Office programs.. 2. Click Start, and ...