CRM 4.0 - How to configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service?

Hi

How does one configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service in
CRM 4.0?  In a custom WF host I can accomplish this by specifying the
service in the host application's configuration file.  Is this
approach possible with CRM 4.0?

I understand that the workflow runtime is hosted by the CRM
Asynchronous Service, and I have been able to register custom WF
Activity as detailed in the CRM SDK documentation.  However I can find
no references to registering / configuring a local service.

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Gareth
0
rgdavies (2)
10/23/2008 12:38:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Oct 23, 1:38=A0pm, rgdav...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> How does one configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service in
> CRM 4.0? =A0In a custom WF host I can accomplish this by specifying the
> service in the host application's configuration file. =A0Is this
> approach possible with CRM 4.0?
>
> I understand that the workflow runtime is hosted by the CRM
> Asynchronous Service, and I have been able to register custom WF
> Activity as detailed in the CRM SDK documentation. =A0However I can find
> no references to registering / configuring a local service.
>
> Any help much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Gareth

After futher research I've determined this is not possible -
explanation at http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3D=
4041595&SiteID=3D27&mode=3D1
0
rgdavies (2)

MS Money 95 data files

Set request parameters for web services

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

data input in text box

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Exchange update problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Sorting Data #5

DNS Error on Exchange

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...