CRM 4.0 hotfix 13 move Exchange server

Hello
we have been installed CRM 4.0 and uppdated to hotfix 13. We are using
Exchnage Server 2007 and we have been installed new exchange server 2010 and
want to use this new server with CRM. How can i put new server in use with
CRM 4.0? Is there need to install Email connector on Exchange 2010 server or
need chnages in Database or on the CRM Server?

best regards,
Jensen
0
Jensen (15)
10/2/2010 7:17:03 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Import/export #4
Someone from work asked me (they seem to think I'm a computer whiz--fools!!) if there was a simple way to import mail and settings from Eudora to Outlook and I seem to remember reading here that the best and safest way to do it is to go from Eudora to Outlook Express and then export from OE to Outlook. Am I remembering correctly? Thanks, Tim Possibly but there's a direct route in OL2003 (Tools menu > Import & Export) "TS Mathews" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message news:3oo5tiF6sb0sU1@individual.net... > Someone from work asked me (they seem to think ...

how can i access CRM from ouside LAN
Hi All, if i have a implementation of MS CRM 3 in my office. All users of CRM can access it from within the LAN through windows authentication. How can they access it from their home or some remote position. i dont want to use offline CRM/outlook functionality. Can i access MS CRM 3 online from anywhere on internet, something like assignin it some IP. Please explain. You can serve it out just as you would any other website in IIS. Make sure you use an SSL certificate so your CRM data is protected behind https. If your CRM server has a fixed external IP address or is reachable via a URL, y...

Migrating exchange mailboxes
HI All, I need to transfer exchange 2000 from one server to another on the same network. As I have about 50 users on the server, which is the best/fastest method to achieve this? thanks and regards GB If corporate mode Outlook users and you have some time to wait before sunsetting the original server, then move mailbox from the Exchange task wizard would be my choice. "GB" <gianni@compulogics.com.au> wrote in message news:%23wgAlZ8kEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > HI All, > > I need to transfer exchange 2000 from one server to another on the same > ne...

Exchange Failover Options
I am trying to find the best method to create a active/passive senario like with clustering, except not using clustering. I have two Exchange servers in two Active Directory sites, one that is our active server and one that is a disaster recovery server (passive). Does anyone know of a good way to provide failover support so that if the primary were to fail, the secondary could be activated and have the current email information? Thanks Try Double Take. "EGrub" wrote: > I am trying to find the best method to create a active/passive senario like > with clustering, exc...

Problem Veiwing Reports in CRM 3.0
Hi, I am having problems viewing reports in CRM Webclient. I log on as a standard user click on the report edit the filter and generate the report, and the system says the page cannot be displayed. If i log on as administrator it works, so i am assuming it is a permissions issue. Where and how to i change this so all users can view and generate reports? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thanks in advance Hi, Now the administrator cannot view the reports, apart from going to the report server via IP. Any help would be great. "Patrickh" wrote: > Hi, > ...

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it seems like the station's memory usage increase dramaticly. I wounder if by changing the setup of the server or client I could reduce the memory usage to a normal level. That happens because MSDE sql instance is activated, which is required to access offline data. There is no way to avoid that. You can check client task manager to see what processes consume memory. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "amirar" wrote: > Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it > seems like the station'...

Exchange & SMTP Logs
Hello, I am fairly new at Exchange 2003, I have a strong un*x background and have been using sendmail for quite sometime. I was wondering about log files with exchange. I have enabled SMTP logging which shows SMTP connections, where do I find the log that shows why an email has been rejected? Thanks! Chris c:\windows\system32\logfiles\ -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "Chris Edwards" <chris@buythetruck.com> wrote in message news:Oh$LtTsSGHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am fairly new at Exchange 2003, I ha...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

CRM Training 06-01-07
Folks: I am a SQL Server DBA and I have been given additional responsibilities by my company to do Administration of CRM. I have no clue about this and would like to know if there are any TRAINING INSTITUTES/SCHOOLS in US (especially North Carolina) where I can take the CRM courses related to Administration. Thanks ! Hi, There's e-Course available. You are check Microsoft's website. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/training/find/findcourse.mspx Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Jun 1, 9:46 am, SQL DBA <SQL D...@discussions.m...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

money password #4
I backed up money to a cd shortly before my computer crashed. I reinstalled Money 2001 on a new computer and went to restore my money and it won't let me...says I need a password. Never set a password up and it won't let me get my info. How do I restore around this password request when there is no password. This password request usually means that your Money file was written by a version later than the one you have installed. Are you sure you didn't have e.g. M2004 trial or similar on your PC? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see ht...

User's Mailboxes on same server and domain as CRM
Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange Router will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in my organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have that message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of helpdesk@mydomain.com -- Chris Meredith I am also interested as we would also like to use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support our employees. Darrell "Chris Meredith, CIO" <chris.meredith@allnettek.co...

Getting started with GP10.0
So, now I've installed it, what do I do? If I open the application, I get a list of servers (means nothing to me) and a username and password box. Again, I haven't a clue what I could put in here. Is this software supposed to be for lay-people? It seems horribly complex if you're not a programmer. Where is your reseller? You need a good VAR to help you implement this product. I don't know of any product in the price range of Dynamics GP that is "super-friendly" the first time you use it. A good rule of the thumb: more functionality = more complexity. -- Japhe...

crm token #2
some times i track an email in crm sent it to a customer- i got the customer repaly to the mail but i dont see the traking icon in the replay message and it seemed to be un tracked but if i go to the customer history i see his replay inside the history further more if i press track in crm to his replay he'll give me directly the regarding field filled with this customer have some body an idia about this see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929385/en-us try to install rollup update 2 and it will work. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blo...

SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0
Hi all Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of the CRM AD domain. Is that possible and if so how does one configure it. No, the SQL server simply must be in same AD domain as the CRM server "chodeva" <chodeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182438284.428768.197020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server > and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of > the CRM ...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

CRM 4.0 Outlook client on non domain PCs
Is it possible to install and run CRM 4.0 Outlook client on non domain PCs? This computers are in the corporate LAN but not in the corporate domain and they will never be. Right now, this users have a HTTP 401 error when they try to access with Outlook. They can access CRM on the web with no problems. Thanks in advance. If you add a saved username and password entry in users/advanced tab (Windows XP) in control panel, and adds the server to the local intranet zone in IE, it should work. Best regards Jens Egil Evensen "Luis" wrote: > Is it possible to install and run CRM...

Documentation about CRM 1.2 db structure
Does exist any documentation about CRM 1.2 modules and related underlying SQL tables? Does exist any documentation about mapping between CRM 1.2 SQL tables and CRM 3.0 SQL tables? Many thanks If you install data migration tool, there are some excel spreadsheet contains the fields for the given entity. I don't know if that's what you are looking for. In terms of the SQL table, CRM 1.2 and CRM 3.0 is similar. All the custom attribute will be in the extension table. E.g. AccountBase, AccountExtension. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On ...

Problem with backup of microsoft exchange information store
Having a problem with backup exec 10d backing up microsoft exchange information store. Worked yesterday, but not today. Error is as below. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Job ended: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:49:28 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928 Backup- \\NYMAIL03\Microsoft Exchange Information Store V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database . Hi, You should rally check with Veritas, but here is what a ...

Is there a way to hide/restrict Recipient Containers in Exchange 5
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to hide or restrict Recipient Containers in Exchange 5.5? Thanks, TNA ...