CRM 4.0 - field Resources is disabled on the Service Activity Form

Hi!

    We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went
well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only
mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any
suggestions....?

Best regards, Ivica

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm sure this is a bug -  we had it on the fax entity with "to"  -  Team
please take note

I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence

Pete

"Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
>    We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went
> well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in
> read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it...
> Any suggestions....?
>
> Best regards, Ivica

0
p0911 (103)
1/13/2008 4:52:08 AM
Hi,

We had the same problem, but with the Organiser and Required Attendees on
the appointment form. We contact microsoft support about this, and were told
it was beause we had customised the field in an unsupported way. As far as we
know we have never made these changes.

This is what I got from MS

The Organizer and Required Attendee fields have also been customized, in
your CRM 3.0 customizations.xml they are showing as below: <field
name="organizer" requiredlevel="recommended" lookupclass="Allsystemusers"
lookupstyle="single" lookuptypes="8" lookupbrowse="0">
<field name="requiredattendees" requiredlevel="recommended"
lookupclass="ActivityRecipient" lookupstyle="multi"
lookuptypes="1,2,4,8,9,10,4000" lookupbrowse="0">

Although the ‘lookupbrowse’ value is not showing in the CRM4.0 version of
your customizations, this appears to have been picked up and stored, thus
making it difficult to change without finding the value in the database and
manually amending there.

When I looked at a CRM3 file which did work, there was no lookupbrowse, so I
removed all of 'lookupbrowse-"0"'

It would be nice to know if you find the same issue, and if you have
customised your form more then just using CRM, as I will have a number of
other database to update, and hope I don't get the issue on them as well.

"Radi Atanassov" wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Can you give more details on how you fixed this?
> We are experiencing the same.
>
> Regards,
> Radi Atanassov
>
> > I'm sure this is a bug -  we had it on the fax entity with "to"  -
> > Team please take note
> >
> > I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything
> >> went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's
> >> in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to
> >> enable it... Any suggestions....?
> >>
> >> Best regards, Ivica

0
RobMottram (202)
2/7/2008 2:01:00 PM
Hi Peter

Which XML file and what did you change?

William King

"Peter Hale" wrote:

> I'm sure this is a bug -  we had it on the fax entity with "to"  -  Team
> please take note
>
> I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence
>
> Pete
>
> "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> >    We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went
> > well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in
> > read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it...
> > Any suggestions....?
> >
> > Best regards, Ivica

0
William (93)

Count fields and show names
Hello all, I have an excel spreadsheet that has 5 fields (cells-HIP, WAIST, ARM, LEGS, HEAD) each with a value of 1 or 0 (True or False) I need a formua to count the 5 fields and if there are 3/5 that are 1 (True) then fill a new cell (Total) with 1(True), if there are less than 3 fields, then False (0). But would it also be possible to show which fields, along with the value of 1 or 0, were true and which were false? For example, 3/5 fields--->True False HIP, WAIST, HEAD ARMS, LEGS Thanks a million for you time! Hi slagg - the first part is simple in the tot...

Lok Up Fields???
I have seen it on here many times and I was just curious, exactly what is so bad about using a look up field in a table, especially if the table has many fields that contain foreign keys? Isn't it easier to open the table and see the what is being stored in the field rather than a foreign key? -- Thank you very much CoachBarkerOJPW See this link: http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/...

Print Macro #4
Hello I would like to write a macro, for a particular workbook, which is activated when you select File/Print/OK (the macro will check to see if certain conditions are met and will print if they are but will return an error message if they are not). Can anyone suggest the code required? Thanks in advance Nick There's a workbook event that you can tie into. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of the File option on the worksheet menu bar). Select view code and paste this in the code window: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If LCase(Me.Wo...

Comparing Fields in Different Columns
I was wondering if there is a way two compare the fields in 2 different columns. Then if those fields are identical they would be removed. Is there a basic function to do this or do I need to write a macro? Thanks for the help. Hi......... Assuming your columns are A and B, in cell C1 put this formula and copy it down column C =IF(A1=B1,1,"") then sort on column C and delete all the rows that have a 1 in column C And, if you do this frequently, it could be recorded into a macro........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "Guggenheim" <johlstrom@gmail.com> wrote in me...

GETPIVOTDATA and Date-type field (Excel 2007)
Data Sample *************** Trip 0346210980 Statement Date 3/24/2010 Description STARBUCKS Date 03/08/2010 LocCurrAmt 3.47 Formula: =GETPIVOTDATA("LocCurrAmt",A6,"Statement Date",DATE(2010,3,24)) Problem: I keep getting a #REF error. When I evaluate the error it's always with the DATE function. Steps I've taken: 1. Confirmed that my date is a number and not text. 2. Tried using the date serial number (40261) instead of the DATE function. 3. Confirmed the GETPIVOTDATA works...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

Form/ subform link problems
My parent form holds information about a part and my subform holds ordering information for that part. Up to now I have linked the child to the parent via PartID : RecordID and Component Name : Component name. This is great as it shows the component name on the subform after it has been found on the parent form. The only problem with this is if the user changes the component name it does not keep the order information for the same item with the old name. I want to link purely on the partID : RecordID so that whatever else is changed the order information history still shows. When I do t...

ooutlook 2007 icons "grey", disabled...
Upon install of Office Ultimate 2007, numerous options in Outlook are disabled, including Outlook Options, New Message, reply, forward, etc. When I attempt to activate product, I don't get a "product already activated" message, nor does it attempt to activate. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gates isn't having this problem on a Saturday night, after all, we only spent $539.00 on a program we assume will operate properly when installed. (BTW -CPU is running Vista Home Premium, SP2) Any help is appreciated. Did you uninstall any Trial together with Activation...

Rules Based On Numeric Field Values
Hi, I sometimes get emails which have special standardized notifications in them. Any "special attention" areas are in a consistent format which will also contain numbers that are normally 0. If they aren't 0, then there is some kind of problem. So, the number values can be from 0 to any value. Is there a way to "flag" these in a rule? Ideally, I'd like to change the message color of or priority based on the values seen. Below is partial output from one of the emails with example fields high-lighted: Successes : 10 Failures : 0 <==== Aborted : ...

1 company will not upgrade to 10.0
One of our companies will not upgrade from 9.0 sp3 to 10.0 sp1. The below messages appear. The following SQL statement produced an error: if exists (select * from sysobjects where id = object_id('dbo.GPS_CHAR') and sysstat & 0xf = 6) drop default dbo.GPS_CHAR ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The default 'dbo.GPS_CHAR' cannot be dropped because it is bound to one or more column. ...

CRM login problem in IE
Recently some of our CRM users have started facing the login problem through IE. As soon as they enter their username and password, the IE close down. The strange thing is that same user is able to login from an other machine. IE version is 6.0 with SP1 on both machines, windows is properly updated on both machines, but why user is able to login from one machine but not from the other machine. Any idea???? any solution Regards --MAC See if they have any pop-up blockers. If so, disable them. "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845701c48520$497e2...

adding pictures/logos to crm or changing colors etc
does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form or the CRM UI as a whole, if so how would i go about doing this? also is it possible to change other features of its appearance such as colors...? TIA Emily, The place to start might be by looking at the cascading style sheet template that is documented on the SDK - this is really meant to provide a base for building other web sites in the style of MS CRM. >-----Original Message----- >does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form >or the CRM UI as a whole, if so...

crm books
Are there any books for customizing CRM? If there is, are they any good? There are only 2 books currently out for MSCRM and neither of them go into customization. They are both geared toward using the system. "jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297101c3af9b$3ae147a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... Are there any books for customizing CRM? If there is, are they any good? Hi Yep - I can concur. I have seen 2 books out in the bookstores (even here in Asia). Me thinks the material is lame however. Out of say 10 chapters, 7 relate to MSCRM application u...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoiedT=ADRX_returned_DBMS=3A811?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?4?=
hi, When I am trying to post entry from Fixed Assets to GL the following errors will BE occur in Microsoft GP 10.0 "The stored Procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoiedT=ADRX returned the following results: DBMS:8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114." Kindly help me out to resolve this problem.. ...

Form Size and Scroll Bars
Hello All, We have added a number of fields to the opportunity form. For some reason when the form loads the scroll bar goes all the way to the bottom of the form and the user has to scroll back up to the top of it. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks! Hi, Check out JScript in your onload event of opportunity. Is there any code which is moving the focuss to some field at bottom of form? -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "MDV1457" w...

Resource Scheduling #4
I had this working briefly with my two conference rooms, but now I am having issues with it. When you select the conference room and put it into the 'Resource" field while inviting attendees, everything is fine until you choose OK. When you get back to the calendar item view, it inserts the conference room into the 'To' field rather than keeping it in the 'resource' field. Has anybody seen this in the past or have any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! If you are using the Exchange Auto Accept Agent, it shouldn't matter ...

Outlook 2002 unable to pull mail after few hours of activity
The Outlook program after running few hours suddenly reterning the error (0x80042108) 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incomming POP3 email server... This error is on my 4 different internet supplier accounts. The only way I can receive e-mail again is to restart the PC. Any suggestion how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance. John Ross ...

HTTP_500 error with mobile active sync
Hi, We have a problem that none of our mobile devices can sync with the Exchange 2003 server. I have done absolutely everyting posible, and found on the knowledge base. The problem is this. When a PPC 2003 connects with activesync over SSL to our exchange 2003, they get authenticated, but after a few seconds they will receive the HTTP_500 error. This is the WC3 log of the IIS site hosting the Active Sync : ##### 172.31.1.4 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=bvh&DeviceId=4FC5706E41B81E1188000050BF1977E0&DeviceType=PocketPC&Log=VNATNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:0C0I0S0R ...

unable to open CRM web page
It seems that I can open the CRM web page from the server but not from any workstations. It also affected any clients that were using the Outlook client. I have tried opening the page using the ip address, and the FQDN of the the server and still didn't have any luck. Someone point me in the right direction. Hi Flip, Well a few things to try to narrow the problem down: 1. Can you ping the server with the IP address / FQDN? 2. Can you log into the server with a non administrator and get to the site locally? (may be a permission issue, set to run as local or network service) 3. Log...

M07 ACTIVATIONS
On the good news side... I recently added memory and new DVD drive to my laptop and then installed Win7 RC. Needless to say, I was unable to re-install M07. Today, I contacted the MS Online Store (run by Digital River) and explained my situation and my plan to purchase a M+ license before the end of the month with the hope to be able to use M$ until Quicken builds a stable converter (been using M$ since mid 90's). Also told them I intended to install Win 7 on all my computers as it was released. They gave me 3 additional activations, one of which I used today to reinstall on my lap...

UDF: select field by its string name
Hello, I am looking for a way how to select field value, if the table and field name both are available as string parameters. I am aware that in SP it could be done, by using exec function. I am also aware of the fact, that this is kind of bad practice, ie it includes SQL injection threat, is not effective use of server engine, etc. Nevertheless, I hope that I will be shown the solution rathter than taught not to try. The reason I need such function, is the nature of record IDs in the database - they are not automatically populated, and they are random (rather than consequitive...

Need to upgrade CRM but only have MSCRM database file
Does anybody have any suggestions how to upgrade crm 1.2 to crm 3.0 when all you have is the MSCRM and the METADATA database files from the crm 1.2 install? I assume you mean you have lost the active directory it was installed on with version 1.2? In this case you would be forced to extract data out of these databases with code and import to a new CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "John Steskal" <JohnSteskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2FC01F-E422-49CD-A808-66D5A02B4E59@...

Intercompany in PO receiving in GP 9.0
Hi all, I have a requirement to do intercompany disctibution during receiving process in "Receiving transaction entry". How do I achieve it with GP 9.0 Thanks Ramesh, The GP Intercompany module cannot do this. However, I think that MC2's Advanced Intercompany Transactions product can: http://www.mc2software.com/AITComparison.aspx. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Ramesh" <Ramesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F082D83C-789A-41B7-A3CA-579425E2952B@m...

Visual Studio can't open resource file in Resource View after IDE crash
Hello, I have a strange problem with Visual Studio .NET 2003, I hope that this is the appropriate newsgroup. After adding an icon resource to my project, Visual Studio crashed, and after restarting it, it was unable to open my project's resource file in the resource view pane. It displays the name of the rc file, but when I click the "+" beside it to open the resources, nothing happens, and the "+" disappears. There is no error message. Restarting Visual Studio and rebuilding my project didn't help. I can open all other projects' resource files without problem...